Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi (23906 Views)

Makarfi , Okowa And Oyovbaire Visit Ibrahim Babangida's Mansion - Pictures / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by sarrki(m): 5:00am On Jul 01, 2017
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ahmed Makarfi, has said the method of agitation being employed by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, is worse than that of the Coalition of Arewa Youth Groups.

Makarfi said this on Friday during a live television programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Sunrise Daily’.

The northern youths had in Kaduna three weeks ago issued an ultimatum to all the Igbo people living in the North to vacate the region before October 1, 2017 because of the renewed Biafran agitation.

Makarfi, who is a former Governor of Kaduna State, said although he was not in support of the ultimatum, Kanu’s approach was more infuriating than that of the northern youths.

When asked why the Arewa youths had not received enough condemnation, Makarfi said, “What he (Kanu) is doing is different from what the youth in the North have done. The youth in the North, may be 10 or 15, did a press conference.

“Nnamdi Kanu is holding people to ransom, bringing economic activities to a standstill, holding what will look like a mini rally. None of that is happening in any part of this country. All the leaders in the South-East have said yes we have concerns but the way you are going about it is wrong.

“The northern boys are just press (sic) and they dispersed, period. I am not in support of what they did but I am talking of the manner of their action. Whereas Nnamdi Kanu and his people are consistently holding people to economic hostage and at a particular time, they held the South-East down for a day.

“You don’t find such not just in the North but any other part of the country. You cannot behave that way.”

Makarfi praised the South-East leaders for coming out to state categorically that Kanu lacks the authority to speak for the Igbo. He said agitations are legal but must be done with decorum, devoid of hate speeches.

The PDP chieftain added, “We cannot wish away any agitation, but as part of the South-East, let them come together and approach the government for the implementation of the recommendations of the 2014 National Conference report and demand an amendment of the part that is of concern to the South-East but that amendment must also be generally accepted by Nigerians.”

The PDP chieftain supported calls for restructuring but argued that the terms must be clearly spelt out because different people had diverse opinions of what restructuring ought to be.

http://punchng.com/kanus-actions-worse-than-that-of-northern-youths-makarfi/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by sarrki(m): 5:03am On Jul 01, 2017
Whao the message is coming from their chairman

Having said that makarfi you are totally wrong

They committed same offence

They are all enemies of the state.

When you try to shield those criminal youths

Then we the patriots might also reconsider our stand on Mazi oba emir the 2nd onikuje of kuje prison
Chairman prison council

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by braimeddy: 5:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Markafi is right. This is not how to fight for freedom. Inshort Kanu is making everything more difficult for himself and his people. I'm glad some sensible elders are gradually leaving him. The rate at which his agitation is going will actually make October 1st a reality. Na dem una eyes go open.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by sarrki(m): 5:25am On Jul 01, 2017
braimeddy:
Markafi is right. This is not how to fight for freedom. Inshort Kanu is making everything more difficult for himself and his people. I'm glad some sensible elders are gradually leaving him. The rate at which his agitation is going will actually make October 1st a reality. Na dem una eyes go open.

I totally disagree sir

They are all calling for state of anarchy

They are both enemies of the state

11 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 01, 2017
sarrki:
Whao the message is coming from their chairman

Having said that makarfi you are totally wrong

They committed same offence

They are all enemies of the state.

When you try to shield those criminal youths

Then we the patriots might also reconsider our stand on Mazi oba emir the 2nd onikuje of kuje prison
Chairman prison council
How? Nnamdi cownu is the one that wanted to go to war with Nigeria, not the arewa youths.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by sarrki(m): 5:31am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
How? Nnamdi cownu is the one that wanted to go to war with Nigeria, not the arewa youths.

The all go against our constitution
.that's the truth bro

A journey of a thousand years starts with a step

We should all call a spade a spade on this issue

They are all criminals and enemies of the state

19 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 01, 2017
sarrki:

The all go against our constitution
.that's the truth bro

A journey of a thousand years starts with a step

We should all call a spade a spade on this issue

They are all criminals and enemies of the state
they are not all criminals mr man. Nnamdi cownu is the criminal here.

21 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by sarrki(m): 5:41am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:

They are

Are you from the north ?

You can't insult KANU of committing same crime while shielding yours

Its wrong Mr charge and bail lawyer

30 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 01, 2017
sarrki:

They are

Are you from the north ?

You can't insult KANU of committing same crime while shielding yours

Its wrong Mr charge and bail lawyer
we wouldn't even be having this talk if it weren't for cownu. The arewa youths are merely helping the liepobs speed up their biafrau.d by asking them to leave the north.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by dudebuck: 5:46am On Jul 01, 2017
Fools, ENGAGE NNAMDI KANUNIN A DEBATE, IF YOU DEFEAT HIM, THEN I WILL STOP ASSOCIATING WITH HIM. How hard can that be? He is busy presenting facts and figures and you are busy calling him names.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2017
dudebuck:
Fools, ENGAGE NNAMDI KANUNIN A DEBATE, IF YOU DEFEAT HIM, THEN I WILL STOP ASSOCIATING WITH HIM. How hard can that be? He is busy presenting facts and figures and you are busy calling him names.
How can Cownu engage the zoo in an argument? I thought the zoo cannot be reasoned with?

52 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Adiola(f): 5:49am On Jul 01, 2017
sarrki:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ahmed Makarfi, has said the method of agitation being employed by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, is worse than that of the Coalition of Arewa Youth Groups.

Makarfi said this on Friday during a live television programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Sunrise Daily’.

The northern youths had in Kaduna three weeks ago issued an ultimatum to all the Igbo people living in the North to vacate the region before October 1, 2017 because of the renewed Biafran agitation.

Makarfi, who is a former Governor of Kaduna State, said although he was not in support of the ultimatum, Kanu’s approach was more infuriating than that of the northern youths.

When asked why the Arewa youths had not received enough condemnation, Makarfi said, “What he (Kanu) is doing is different from what the youth in the North have done. The youth in the North, may be 10 or 15, did a press conference.

“Nnamdi Kanu is holding people to ransom, bringing economic activities to a standstill, holding what will look like a mini rally. None of that is happening in any part of this country. All the leaders in the South-East have said yes we have concerns but the way you are going about it is wrong.

“The northern boys are just press (sic) and they dispersed, period. I am not in support of what they did but I am talking of the manner of their action. Whereas Nnamdi Kanu and his people are consistently holding people to economic hostage and at a particular time, they held the South-East down for a day.

“You don’t find such not just in the North but any other part of the country. You cannot behave that way.”

Makarfi praised the South-East leaders for coming out to state categorically that Kanu lacks the authority to speak for the Igbo. He said agitations are legal but must be done with decorum, devoid of hate speeches.

The PDP chieftain added, “We cannot wish away any agitation, but as part of the South-East, let them come together and approach the government for the implementation of the recommendations of the 2014 National Conference report and demand an amendment of the part that is of concern to the South-East but that amendment must also be generally accepted by Nigerians.”

The PDP chieftain supported calls for restructuring but argued that the terms must be clearly spelt out because different people had diverse opinions of what restructuring ought to be.

http://punchng.com/kanus-actions-worse-than-that-of-northern-youths-makarfi/
who cares election will not hold dare the order and blame yourself ..its a threat yeah

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by dudebuck: 5:53am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
we wouldn't even be having this talk if it weren't for cownu. The arewa youths are merely helping the liepobs speed up their biafrau.d by asking them to leave the north.
How do you kill an ideology?Is it not by presenting a SUPERIOR ARGUMENT? Stop the name calling, it won't change a thing, (if you like continue) engage Kanu in a debate, if you win then I become pro Nigerian. One of you people was here ranting kanu brain wash, kanu brain wash, then I asked him how kanu brain washed people, calling Nigeria a zoo was the reply, I was like WTF , is that the brainwash? He hasn't replied till now.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Blizzy9ja: 5:53am On Jul 01, 2017
Crap... They're all afraid because Nnamdi Kanu is about to burst their oil thieving bubbles

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by nextprince: 5:55am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:

1 Like

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 01, 2017
dudebuck:
How do you kill an ideology?Is it not by presenting a SUPERIOR ARGUMENT? Stop the name calling, it won't change a thing, (if you like continue) engage Kanu in a debate, if you win then I become pro Nigerian. One of you people was here ranting kanu brain wash, kanu brain wash, then I asked him how kanu brain washed people, calling Nigeria a zoo was the reply, I was like WTF , is that the brainwash? He hasn't replied till now.
cownu should enjoy the attention he's getting while it lasts. He will be the cause of his own undoing , you'll say I told you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Agumbankembu: 6:05am On Jul 01, 2017
Makarfi is part of Mafia gang, don't expect anything different from him.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by dudebuck: 6:07am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
cownu should enjoy the attention he's getting while it lasts. He will be the cause of his own undoing , you'll say I told you
Abeg stop making noise, he has no guns to kill anybody, his weapon is the truth, if you feel you have the truth and he is telling lies, then engage him in a debate and burst his lies. If you win then I and others will go with you. You cannot threaten him.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Agumbankembu: 6:08am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:

Arewa youths insulted Yoruba people, but I have not seen one condemnation from you people. Subservience is your lot forever, it is sealed.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by dudebuck: 6:11am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
How can Cownu engage the zoo in a argument? I thought the zoo cannot be reasoned with?
How many times has he begged nigerians to debate with him concerning the zoo, times without number, even when he was in London, how many nigerians came up? ZERO! All you did was threaten. Debate with him, if you win, his ideology will die overnight.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:12am On Jul 01, 2017
Gambaris cannot disprove another Gambaris. All HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims are same.

Kanu wants Biafra.

Northern Youth wants Blood and igbos properties in the North.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2017
braimeddy:
[s]Markafi is right. This is not how to fight for freedom. Inshort Kanu is making everything more difficult for himself and his people. I'm glad some sensible elders are gradually leaving him. The rate at which his agitation is going will actually make October 1st a reality. Na dem una eyes go open[/s].

Afonjas...so IPOB peaceful agitation process is not the right way?

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 01, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu in the morning, afternoon and night. Dude has turned a living legend. Even Buhari has been relegated to the backstage of inconsequentiality.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 01, 2017
dudebuck:
Abeg stop making noise, he has no guns to kill anybody, his weapon is the truth, if you feel you have the truth and he is telling lies, then engage him in a debate and burst his lies. If you win then I and others will go with you. You cannot threaten him.

I hope you don't come crying witch-hunt when his words land him in prison for the second time.

https://www.nairaland.com/2779108/some-quotes-nnamdi-kanu-director

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 01, 2017
sean1000x:

Peaceful agitation? I thought it was biafrau.d or death?

7 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by KahlDrogo(m): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2017
Doesn't Makarfi know that ipob miscreants are some of his greatest supporters? How could he stab them in the back this way? cry

This is why i can never trust any PDP politician.

My Jewish brothers, come let's go to the bush and pray. Shuku Awada Bambi must hear this.. embarassed

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
Peaceful agitation? I thought it was biafrau.d or death?

What is the problem with the mantra "Biafraa or death?"

4 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by braimeddy: 6:18am On Jul 01, 2017
The way and manner Kanu is going about it is very wrong. Cos he's doing it in an aggressive and provocative way
sean1000x:

6 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Arewa youths insulted Yoruba people, but I have not seen one condemnation from you people. Subservience is your lot forever, it is sealed.
face your biafrau.d and leave the yorubas out of this

13 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 01, 2017
braimeddy:
The way and manner Kanu is going about it is very wrong. Cos he's doing it in an aggressive and provocative way

What is "aggressive or provocative" about his approach?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 01, 2017
sean1000x:

What is the problem with the mantra "Biafraa or death?"
I don't know. You tell me? How did it change from Biafra or death to we want a referendum? chest beating cowards

14 Likes

Re: Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi by Agumbankembu: 6:21am On Jul 01, 2017
xstry:
face your biafrau.d and leave the yorubas out of this

Dolt, can't you for once reply Arewa who is insulting your arse left and right. You will continue licking gambari as.s till thy kingdom come.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No President Who Emerges From The PDP Can Succeed- Donald Duke / Go With Your Official Cars, Ortom Tells Outgoing LG Chairmen / Hakeem Odumosu Warns Ikorodu Traditionalists To Stop Fortifying Gang Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.