Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,976 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317489 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
EvaJael:
Lol...shift for me
u are welcome
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:30am On Nov 11, 2017
EvaJael:
Centino, I'm sorry for disappearing. I've been smiling all through. More ink to your pen

Thanks EvaJael. Nice to have you back.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by cbella(f): 4:56am On Nov 11, 2017
EvaJael:

Lol...shift for me

Lol.. EvaJael

I get it now? The humor....

Pinkfeet.... Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EvaJael(f): 6:07am On Nov 11, 2017
cbella:

Lol.. EvaJael

I get it now? The humor....

Pinkfeet.... Thanks
I comment my reserve
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by honourable356(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2017
I just stumbled upon this story last night... Yea last night and inasmuch as I tried harder to contain the laughter, the laughter succeed in containing me.

A story told in a very Hilarious way ...I was not even close to analyze or review the story so far because the laughter overwhelmed me.

God bless the Nigerian pigin English
God bless the writer.
As you succeed in bringing laughter to many and putting smiles on the face of your readers/auidence..may you be highly reward in due time.

Today, I acknowledge your talent.
Ride on, you have my attention and support!!!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
honourable356:
I just stumbled upon this story last night... Yea last night and inasmuch as I tried harder to contain the laughter, the laughter succeed in containing me.

A story told in a very Hilarious way ...I was not even close to analyze or review the story so far because the laughter overwhelmed me.

God bless the Nigerian pigin English
God bless the writer.
As you succeed in bringing laughter to many and putting smiles on the face of your readers/auidence..may you be highly reward in due time.

Today, I acknowledge your talent.
Ride on, you have my attention and support!!!

Thanks for the prayer honourable356. Glad you like my work smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Minderz(m): 1:26am On Nov 12, 2017
Centino update! update!! update!!! in olamide voice. Baba we dey wait #Gbayi #BlessUp
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HelenBee(f): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2017
Dear Centino,I love the way you write. I hardly comment on stories,all I do is share. But your story is doing me logo-ligi plus the way you add recent happenings to it. I really love it. Please make today's update lengthy. Thanking you...

6 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by xtanlee(m): 7:39am On Nov 12, 2017
baba we await thy update.....lengthy one o
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
ARREST

We left the backyard and went straight to Wasiu’s room. He was on the floor doing pushups and stood wide-eyed when Irikefe and I entered the room without knocking. He could not hold my gaze so he began to explain: “Guy, you no say na mama Akunna we dey talk about. How do you think I will lead you to where she is?”

“And why won’t you?”

“I gave you the clue. I also knew you were smart enough to decode. Me I know say I no betray am.”

“Wasiu. You give this woman drugs. You provided a hiding place for her. She has in her custody a starving newborn. How does that make you feel?”

“Ehen…how does that make me feel? Okay, you that now know where she is, oya go and do Voltron the defender of the universe.”

I kept quiet and sat down on the bed. Irikefe sat too. Castro also came in to join us. I knew he had abandoned arranging the chairs. He would not want to miss his first official outing as a member of the gang. I sighed and looked away.

“Guy, no worry yourself. Why you come dey cry pass person wey get dead body? Make Akunna solve hin problem.”

“You must stop helping her Wasiu” Castro said.

“Come, small boy, your papa know say you dey here? I no want wahala abeg. Come dey go.”

Irikefe grinned and scowled at Castro again and said “you see your mate here?”

“I did not come to buy igbo. I will not smoke again. Not because I am afraid or anything. The thing is not for me. I smoke cigarette and that is bad enough for me.”

“You just wan bad by force” Irikefe yawned.

“Enough” I snapped.

“Wasiu, don’t carry food to mama or do anything you are doing for her. She will get tired and come out. Then let things unfold. We don’t want to tell Akunna or anyone what we know because of Bros Freke. She will think it is him. To her, only Bros Freke and Wasiu know where she is.”

“I bet she knows we are having this conversation now.”Irikefe said with a sneer. “I have said I don’t want to have anything to do with mama. That is how you people made me put igbo in her soup and when she caught us you two began forming strong men, meanwhile it was my life that was at stake. I don say I no dey do again.”

“Coward” Castro said.

“Your papa!” Irikefe fired back.

“You can curse him as you like. Wetin concern me?”

“See Wasiu” I began. “It’s true you can help. I don’t know how you feel about this whole thing, but what mama is doing is bad. That baby may not live if she does not release it to its parents.”

“Make una relax joor. How long do you think she can hide there?” Wasiu said.

“Don’t take things to her so she can come out quickly.”

Wasiu looked away.

“You give her drugs. You both exchange high fives. I don’t get it Wasiu.”

“What don’t you get? Abi you wan say I dey sleep with am?”

“No one is saying that. But she is old and troublesome and you are now her right-hand man. Come on Wasiu.”

“Una no know mama Akunna na im make.”

“Meaning…”

“Mama na correct woman I swear. You guys will not understand.”

“Has she thought you how to stay out of jail?” Irikefe said.

“As a matter of fact, yes.”

“She don give you winch be dat” Castro said.

“Shut up.”

“See, none of this is my business. Mama is now my person. I will do what I want to do and it is not any of your business.”

“Then we will tell the police you have started selling drugs again,” Castro said.

Wasiu scowled at him and then quickly averted his eyes. We could see that Castro had struck the right note.

“Yes Wasiu. We will report you. It is not blackmail. We want you to do the right thing. A baby’s life and the happiness of a struggling family are at stake.”

Wasiu shrugged and said “I hear say dem dey come marry your babe.”

“We will not let it happen” Castro said.

“Are you going to marry her?” Wasiu said to me.

“No but…”

“No but what?”

“All these small children. When yansh don dey sweet una una go come stupid. Na you be d first person wey dem dey marry d woman hin like? Make d man come carry am dey feed am, you go dey go for back go dey shine d congo.”

“God forbid. I won’t touch a married woman.”

“Abeg! He won’t pay the full bride price and he will not take her to church. In the eyes of God sef dem be fornicators. You won’t be doing anything worse.”

“No Wasiu. I will let her go. I am not ready to marry her. If she was meant for me, things would have turned out good for us.”

“Sorry o. And you no even touch am once” Wasiu said.

Irikefe and Castro both wore sheepish grins and then Wasiu said “Oh, na so? wetin you come want again? Find another one joor.”

“He is in love Wasiu. You will not understand. Dem don beat you for prison sotey you no know anything again.”

“Sharaap”

“Anyway, it is mama I am worried about” I said.

“Don’t worry about mama. Worry about yourself” Wasiu said. Mama has her ways. I may not go to her as you wish, but they won’t get her. There is none like mama Akunna”

“Wasiu you don loss. I sorry for your mama.”

We heard singing in the corridor and all jumped on our feet. Only one person sang like that. Wasiu’s room was the first when entering the building so from his door you could see the frontage. We stepped out and saw Akunna jumping the gutter and entering the compound in the company of Josiah, Akunna and two plain-clothed policemen. We knew they were policemen because they were always in the area looking for miscreants. It was Mama Akunna that was singing. She was swinging the baby in her arms and walking towards the newcomers. She was white with the traditional cooling nzu all over her body and the baby was equally so adorned. She was bare-chested with only a wrapper around her waist and a rosary on her neck. The baby too was unclad.

Akunna stopped short when he saw her. He pointed and shouted “officer, there she is!”

Mama continued singing and dancing like she did the first time she held the baby in our presence. Then she suddenly stopped and looked at her son and the others with bemusement on her face. Nwam, wetin happen? Why you dey shout like say you see tiff?”

“Yes thief! That is what you are!”

“Ah ahn!” mama Akunna gasped. She looked down at the baby in her arms, and looked up again at Akunna. My pikin. You well so?”

The policemen looked at each other and then at the men that came to report. One of them spoke up and said “Mr Akunna, what did you say happened?”

“This woman here disappeared with my new born baby since yesterday.”

“Ewooooooo!” Mama Akunna wailed and collapsed on the floor. Mama Cowbell was quick to take the baby from her as she began to roll on the floor.

“Ewooooooo!” She screeched again and threw both arms out.

“What is this Mr Akunna?”

Akunna was struck dumb. The sight of a half-naked old woman with white chalk all over her body rolling on the floor and wailing was so shocking that I thought Akunna considered fainting but knew he could not match his mother at drama.

“Wetin I do? Akunna wetin I do? Person no fit carry hin own granpikin again? Ewoooooooo!”

She kept rolling and one of the policemen unable to bear it produced a baton and scooped the back of Akunna’s head with it and said “Why you dey tanda dia? You no fit help this poor woman?”

“And she is your mother?” the other one said.

“Na me born am oooooooooooooo!” Mama Akunna wailed and continued to roll.

“Officer ask them. Ask my neighbors. They all know who this woman is.” Akunna said

“Na me don turn to this woman now Akunna. Ewooooooooo!”

“Josia, Achike, please tell the officers” Akunna said.

We all then looked and saw that both Josiah and Achike were not there anymore. Akunna turned around confused.

“Akunna, if I swear for you. If I nack this breast wey you suck call god for you, you go sleep dis night you no go wake up. Police ooooooo!”

“Mama calm down” one of the officers said and bent to pick her up from the floor. Mama Akunna stood and fell into his arms and continued to wail.

“Go carry your mama” the officer with the baton said and prodded Akunna’s buttocks with the weapon.

Akunna reluctantly went to the second officer and took his mother. Mama Akunna fell into her son’s arms and wailed even louder “my pikin, pikin wey I born, na me you call police to come catch because I carry ya pikin? You marry wife come trowey ya mama. Sotey you call police for ya mama. Akunna, Akunna, Nwam!” Ewooooooo! Awero see wetin you don do me ooooo!”

“Look here,” One of the officers said. Go and take care of this woman. I don’t know what has come over you. You have a mother who cares for you like this and all you want to do is arrest her. Is she too much for you to feed?”

“Officer na my own food I dey chop since I come here. Akunna no wan take eye see me.”

“This is bad.” The first officer said.

“Oya, take her inside!” The other one ordered. Useless man.” He looked at his companion and they both hissed and turned away. Mama Akunna let out another big ewooooooo as she was led into the corridor. This time, with the backs of the officers turned, she grinned widely at all of us onlookers.

TO BE CONTINUED.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by collinometricx: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oshey..

Nice episode centino

Mama is d defination of drama

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by obedugo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Centino Baba, carefully packaged episode... Thumbs up bro
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Na wa ooo... Na real WA.... Mama akunna ns problem.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by JustOzito(f): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
thanks centino....
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by itsandi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nice update smiley Continue cheesy
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thanks JustOzito, YINKS89, obedugo, Collinometricx. xtanlee, HelenBee, Minderz, honourable356, EvaJael, cbella, Pinkfeet, classikladyk, Nahimsworld, yorhnienerd, sheycrown, Dhavido, Preetiex...everyone, you're all invited smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kayjay007(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
dope...ride on centibaba
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
Centino:
Thanks JustOzito, YINKS89, obedugo, Collinometricx. xtanlee, HelenBee, Minderz, honourable356, EvaJael, cbella, Pinkfeet, classikladyk, Nahimsworld, yorhnienerd, sheycrown, Dhavido, Preetiex...everyone, you're all invited smiley
thanks dear nice1
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by collinometricx: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Centino:
Thanks Collinometricx Preetiex...everyone, you're all invited smiley

Boss u are covered....

Tnks for keeping to yhur Sundays updating...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Centino:
wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
thumb up
this mama akuna shaaaa
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by FreshestManny(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2017
OMG! Mama Akunna is a definition of a confirmed drama queen.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Centino:

Thanks centino, I hope mama won't kill Akunna eventually o
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Minderz(m): 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
Centino:
We Dey With You 24/7 #Gbayi
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
Lmao! Never a dull moment! Well done Sir Centino!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Minderz(m): 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
centino Bros show nah
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
Nice write up bro.
Following from day one
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Rajosh(m): 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
I've had this story on my followed topics from the day it got to front page but haven't really had time to read it. Thank God I've started and so far so good, the experience is great. Very good storyline and excellent narration. Keep it up bro.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2017
I feel like beating up this mana..........chai
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SunFlow(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2017
Singing in my head.... Centino it is ur turn today oooo.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nkay2020: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Centino how far now?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by obedugo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ahh Brox Centino, today na sunday o abi ur phone date and day no correct again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.