Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317696 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
tsharp

hahahahahaha if you believe this dat means you believe buhari is jubril. read his comments very well. centino is a boss. even something he said today

Jah bless bro.

Oh shocked, i'm unaware of that.....I don't read comments much so its likely i missed where he mentioned that.

Abeg oga centino continue your thing the way it suits and pleases you. Was only trying to suggest o!.... Kudos to you for this great work.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
tsharp:

hahahahahaha if you believe this dat means you believe buhari is jubril. read his comments very well. centino is a boss. even something he said today

Jah bless bro.

you people should leave centino for us. he has said he is not interested in chicken change.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Youngzubi:

Oh shocked, i'm unaware of that.....I don't read comments much so its likely i missed where he mentioned that.

Abeg oga centino continue your thing the way it suits and pleases you. Was only trying to suggest o!.... Kudos to you for this great work.

Tsharp exaggerates. You know I value your suggestions always. We could do something in the new year. Watch this space wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by paqman: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
Can Mr zubi fall victim of agboyinbo?I still doubt it it serves MAma tobi right, but is wasiu around .? Let me leave all this question for centino to answer in the next episode
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MrMacinterchi1: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=paqman post=74305578]Can Mr zubi fall victim of agboyinbo?I still doubt it it serves MAma tobi right, but is wasiu around .? Let me leave all this question for centino to answer in the next episode
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MrMacinterchi1: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Kai.. this is not good at all.. the suspense is killing. I don't know what to expect again oo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by TheStarsAlign: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Back to back suspense. Keep it coming bro...
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by dammypat(f): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
I give it to you bruv @centino, this story is so captivating,may the good LORD release His blessings upon you as we are going into 2019,keep it coming please.....
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by benpuzzy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
That serves Mama Tobi right, next time do not allow sentiment to envelope your sense of judgement, wetin concern Ndi
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by vosquare: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2018
Bushmeat dn finally catch d hunter.... grin
I think the mother is behind this sha.. Or even maya.. Like how will the thieves go directly to where they kept it and didn't search anywhere else
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by monalicious(f): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2018
I thought they kept the money under the bed and they slept on the bed. Mama Tobi knows Ndi isn't/ couldn't have taken it, except if she just wants to be troublesome
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MightyFortress: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2018
Mystick:
Now Oga Zubi don enter wetin Landlord enter. Na him snake Agbonyibo went out to collect.
Maya, might start suspecting Ndi for the stolen money whereas the driver might be the culprit here.
Now the real katakata is happening live and direct.

Good reasoning... And to make matters worse, she refused to see Ndi all through the day, so even though he might be innocent, he can't really present an alibi to show his innocence. In the end, I am afraid I see Maya leaving Ndi, but to be used and dumped by Mr Jonjo. The loss of the money is another reason to go back to Jonjo. But fortune has smiled on Ndi already... Even without Maya, things will still work out for him somehow.

Great work, Centino. I wish you a Happy New Year in Advance.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by stevodot22(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2018
My Zubi is about to eat the forbidden fruit that will deter him from saying the truth and at the time tying down his destiny.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by wizsolzy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
I have nothing to say to mama Maya.. But u see Maya even Though ur mum is 70% right about trusting people especially we guys, we know how to manipulate our babes then chop their money.. But even ones mum is not left out.. If person no thief that money, d money for still lost due to reckless spending by d mum. Because I know she will not use it for anything good.. Ur mum hv manipulated u against Ndi now look d end result.. I pray say na Ndi steal d money ...
Thanks #Centino baba
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
Just like someone rightly said, many writers have gone with the wind after trying to accede to readers' demands.

You know, you will just hear four or five people saying "get a site, monetize it", and the way they will say it over and over again, you will think it's like 1 million people saying it.

In your head, you have started multiplying 1 million by some number, and then you will na go and buy yourself beer and start drinking, and na publish book, that's when you will see it was only the compound people in your village that were pushing you...

grin grin grin

But I don't think so. Centino's story is like Super Story. It had small followership then when it started, but since we always discussed it at school and everywhere else, it piqued the interest of a lot of people, who in turn, became avid followers.

Centino, just like Youngzubi said, take the risk, not because you want to write for money, but because you want your freedom. Imagine mods banning you because you mentioned people you wanted to mention! angry angry

So, to cut the many ideas running around in my head short...

You will need YOUR OWN SITE, not just the literature section of someone else's site. The site shouldn't contain other stories, just Katakata Street (since we know the story goes on "perpetually" ) wink. Then you can have users subscribe to notifications, every time a story is published, which should be every Wednesday and Sunday, as is tradition.

As for monetizing, don't even think of getting Nigerians to pay cash; soon enough they will begin to think they "are doing you a favour".
Monetize your traffic - very soon, big brands will pay to advertise even though it is once a week. So you can have non-intrusive Google Ads and sponsored ad running on your site. Of course, the fact that you post twice a week doesn't mean people won't stray in once in a while.

Baba, I rest my case, when it enters such matters, I don't know how to stop talking. I wish you the best.

8 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
calamus:
Just like someone rightly said, many writers have gone with the wind after trying to accede to readers' demands.

You know, you will just hear four or five people saying "get a site, monetize it", and the way they will say it over and over again, you will think it's like 1 million people saying it.

In your head, you have started multiplying 1 million by some number, and then you will na go and buy yourself beer and start drinking, and na publish book, that's when you will see it was only the compound people in your village that were pushing you...

grin grin grin

But I don't think so. Centino's story is like Super Story. It had small followership then when it started, but since we always discussed it at school and everywhere else, it piqued the interest of a lot of people, who in turn, became avid followers.

Centino, just like Youngzubi said, take the risk, not because you want to write for money, but because you want your freedom. Imagine mods banning you because you mentioned people you wanted to mention! angry angry

You will need YOUR OWN SITE, not just the literature section of someone else's site. The site shouldn't contain other stories, just Katakata Street (since we know the story goes on "perpetually" ) wink. Then you can have users subscribe to notifications, every time a story is published, which should be every Wednesday and Sunday, as is tradition.

As for monetizing, don't even think of getting Nigerians to pay cash; soon enough they will begin to think they "are doing you a favour".
Monetize your traffic - very soon, big brands will pay to advertise even though it is once a week. So you can have non-intrusive Google Ads and sponsored ad running on your site. Of course, the fact that you post twice a week doesn't mean people won't stray in once in a while.

Baba, I rest my case, when it enters such matters, I don't know how to stop talking. I wish you the best.

Well, well, well. if it is not good ol' calamus himself grin

Well said bro. Youngzubi and nnamdiosu really got me thinking, and now you got me panting grin

I really like the idea I must confess. There's no reason not to. The story's doing much better than I expected already so it does make sense to think of the next step.

Watch this space guys.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
Wonderful update centino kiss kiss
Good for Maya and her mum sad

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by skyblueking(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
MrMacinterchi1:
Kai.. this is not good at all.. the suspense is killing. I don't know what to expect again oo

my broda, centino sabi kill person slowly.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by skyblueking(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
OGA CENTINO, I MUST CONFESS, RIGHT FROM THE FIRST DAY I CAME ACROSS THIS STORY, AVE NEVER FOR ONCE FELT ANY REGRET...

THIS IS JUST MY FIRST AFTER MANY MONTHS OF GHOSTREADING....INFACT AM THE CHIEF GENERAL OF GHOSTREADERS,,,GUY GIMME SOME ACCOLADES JOR...

ANYWAY, YOUR DELIVERY AND PRESENTATION NA ONE INNA MILLION, ALWAYS MAKING ME LAFF WITH UR VOCABS ND SCENE DESCRIPTS...

MAY UR INK NEVER RUN DRY AND UR FINGERS NEVER GIVE HEED TO HARMATTAN COLD,
MAY UR BRAIN NEVER BE INBETWEEN UR LEG LYK DAT OF KINGSLEY, ACHIKE ETC.
JAH BLESS...

LOVE Y'ALL....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ajayy(m): 7:35am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year Number 225 katakata street. May GOD bless and move our author CENTINO to the next level.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Mystick: 8:31am On Jan 01, 2019
calamus:

grin grin grin

My brother, your idea is great. We can even help to promote the site link here in this forum and others as our token of appreciation. Happy New Year to everyone here.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pablo00004(m): 8:59am On Jan 01, 2019
Centino bless us with new episode for new year now

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Sportwin(m): 9:38am On Jan 01, 2019
wow
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Pablo00004:
Centino bless us with new episode for new year now

Bros I spent Christmas day writing o. So make me sef no follow enjoy this season fa?

Will you help me promote my upcoming site link here? Talk so that I know what I will do after I finish the rice wey dey fire now grin

Happy new year fam.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 01, 2019
Centino:

Bros I spent Christmas day writing o. So make me sef no follow enjoy this season fa?

Will you help me promote my upcoming site link here? Talk so that I know what I will do after I finish the rice wey dey fire now grin

Happy new year fam.
Happy new year dear

Finish your rice and come bless us with update kiss
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pheezie(m): 10:26am On Jan 01, 2019
Centino:

Happy new year fam.
I go help you promote anything my guy.
It will be a pleasure to help your story.
We go jolly if you give us new year update oo Centino.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Zunchi(m): 10:45am On Jan 01, 2019
been following this story since the very first time it came out in ghost mode but man.. centino, you got a raw talent really... continue on this lane and i see you going places bro.. more ink to your pen.. katakata street is really the craziest nigerian literature I've ever read lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ghettochild4u(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Centino:

No be like that my guy grin

I do respond to emails and comments. Guess yours came at a busy time and I never got to check. You and Youngzubi are right. Who wouldn't want to make money, especially from something that comes naturally. It may be that I'm reluctant because I'm lucky not to need to pursue monitizing my passion to survive. What I need is to find more time because I don't want to get committed such that the day I'd rather go out with my friends for some odeku I have to write otherwise I fall short of a financial commitment. Works fine for me like this for now. But not ruling out giving you a call in the future wink
Then u should call, meet up and way ur options.. Or u need koboko before u wake up.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pablo00004(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
100% you get my back anyday anytime
Centino:

Happy new year fam.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tayot1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Shout out to Centino and every Katakata lovers. May we enjoy all the good things of 2019. Happy New Year people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nichobest1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year to Centino, Katakata street Crews, our esteem ghost readers and Non-ghost readers... May God bless us all this 2019... Cheers!

2 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.