Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317541 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bukolaberry(f): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ghost mode deactivated, respect bro more strength and I enjoyed how you relate things with each update , am so loving this story can't wait for the next update, please nothing should happen to the love between Maya and our dear lover boy so mama akunna and co will not open his file again.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by hatchetman(m): 8:18am On Jan 16, 2019
Centino:

Happy birthday man. Okay I go do as you talk. make I go put fisi for the one wey I don finish grin

Calamus I sight you. Answer my PM na.

phaphyz05, Benreu, Damoguy, hatchetman (24 hrs! wow!), AkieWillis and especially repogirl... I see y'all thanks.

Make I go finish today tori. BRB.
I shock me 2 oo..no nyt sleep..dats how jobless i am and dats how captivating ur story is..Go bless ur brain with more inspirations
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2019
Guys, it's Wednesday and loading.... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Silensa(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2019
Bring it on baba.
let me spread my mat here

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2019
Oya na, drop it like it's hot!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Taniaa(f): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2019
MrMacinterchi1:

Exactly my thoughts on Maya . She acted so unconcerned about the theft. Something is fishy there .

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2019
Bukolaberry:
Ghost mode deactivated, respect bro more strength and I enjoyed how you relate things with each update , am so loving this story can't wait for the next update, please nothing should happen to the love between Maya and our dear lover boy so mama akunna and co will not open his file again.

Nice one! Today's update dedicated to you even though I won't mention on the post wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by CalciumB3: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2019
Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyezik3(m): 10:43am On Jan 16, 2019
Weldone Oga Centino we dey gbadun you like oyingbo dey gbadun tea.
Ur tory dey sweet my Belle so tey I wan piss for body. Abegee come and continue this ur tori.

Ur tori is importanta!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2019
CHRISTMAS AND SALLAH

At the station, the police did not waste any time in throwing Ndifreke in the cell. They ignored all his pleas of innocence and reigned slaps on him each time he opened his mouth to give an unconvincing explanation. He admitted he knew about the money. He admitted he saw Maya returning that evening carrying something. He admitted he slept out that night, something he never did. His explanation that he was drunk and slept in his friend’s house may have been accepted if he did not say that his friend suddenly traveled and was not available to confirm his story. That his friend could not be reached on phone either fetched him more slaps. He explained that his friend’s phone could have been unreachable because he was traveling by road, but the DPO was adamant that everything could not possibly conspire against him like that. He was obviously lying. He thought about closing his own account and paying the money back to regain his freedom. But Mr. Cosmas counseled against it. It would come across as an admission of guilt. Every minute he spent there was torture. That mama Tobi kept wailing and swearing did not help matters. Ndifreke asked to be charged to court rather than be made to suffer as he did. But Mr. Zubi counseled against that. He would need to hire a lawyer. It would be long and daunting no matter how good his case looked. It was always better to settle out of court. He asked for time to go back to the compound and gather the elders and find a solution.

Maya was distraught. Why would Ndi suffer like that? Would they accept that she found the money for her mother and they let Ndi go? She was reminded that she had better stay quiet because she was technically also a suspect, that they did not want to put her mother in any more distress which was why she was not also behind bars. The police were usually satisfied with one sacrificial lamb in matters like that Mr. Zubi whispered to her.

Ndifreke was their man. And he had nowhere to run to.

“So you cannot come for the shoot today?”

“No sir, I mean Mr. Jonjo.”

“I will call an agency and ask for another male model. But I can’t find a female like you. You are the one I want.”

“Ndi is in prison for something that has to do with me. I can’t leave him here and go to work, especially when he should be there with me too.”

“You are under contract Maya. You could be fired.”

“Please understand sir.”

“Why is he not out on bail? It is not a capital offense.”

“You know how our police are.”

“What station is that?”

“Area W”

“I know someone who can help.”

“You do? Oh God bless you, sir.”

“But on one condition. That you work today.”

“But sir”

“What can you do for him while there? Nothing. But you can come for a two hour shoot and after that, I will make a few calls and your boyfriend will be out. You don’t even need to let him know you went to work.”

“But sir Jonjo.”

“Come out here Maya. If it will make you feel better, you can tell him you have gone for help. And that will not be a lie.”

Maya thought about it. Jonjo was right. She will go to work and at the same time get help for Ndi. Standing there and watching Mr Cosmas and Mr Zubi speak English to no effect was disheartening. So she made up her mind to go to work.

Two hours later, the Uber driver tapped her awake. She did not realise how tired she was. They were in front of the Enchanteur.

“What are we doing here?”

“This is the address I was given.”

Maya sighed and said “Alright,” and alighted.

This time there were no chaperones. She fished out her phone from her bag and found Jonjo on speed dial.

“I couldn’t find a male model with the characteristics I wanted. So the shoot is canceled.”

“Then what am I doing here?”

“You came to be with me Maya. Go to the reception and say my name and they will bring you to my suite.”

“And what if I say no?”

“You may lose your job and your boyfriend will spend a few nights in the cell until he produces the one million naira and even if he does, he will still get prosecuted for theft. And oh! Not to mention that I will fire him as well and put the word out there that he is a criminal and no one will touch him.”

“You can do no such thing sir.”

“Of course I can Maya. I already found out all I could about the case. The police in area W will only do as I say henceforth.”

“You’re despicable sir.”

“And you are beautiful and foolish. You are not a virgin. I am not masochistic. You will leave here without any evidence that you have been touched. Only delicious memories from what I will do to you. On top of that, you will save your boyfriend and open the doors to unlimited funds, as I will give you even more than you deserve. You claim you are in love, wait until he is tired of you. I am a man. We never stay with one woman. A smart woman also will not stay with one man.”

“What you are preaching is pathetic. I am not that type of woman.”

“Alright, Maya. You are fired,” he said, and the line went dead.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she found a seat over at the golf course and wept. Twenty minutes later, she stood, wiped her tears and headed for the hotel reception.

Castro could not wait for Irikefe to return. So as soon as he saw Irikefe saunter into the compound holding a polythene bag he grabbed him by the wrist and took him to one side.

“I conquered like I told you that I would.”

“What did you conquer?”

“Evae. I fvck am.”

“You did what?”

“I hammer am ehn. I do doggy. I do missionary, I do wheelbarrow, I do…”

“Oh shut up Castro.”

“She come dey shout ‘King Castro, king Castro! Have mercy on me. Oh my king! You are too good! My womb! Take it easy. You are sweet and painful at the same time.”

“What the fvck Castro!”

“For one hour I just dey hammer! I left her when her phone rang and it was her father. I did not even cum. We will continue later. She said she has to see the end of me.”

“Why am I not happy for you Castro?”

“Because you are jealous. I succeeded where you failed. Evae is now my babe. I told you.”

“This is not good Castro. You should have told me that was what you stayed back to do.”

“Why should I tell you? All the ones you have been doing in this compound do you tell me?

“This is different. Papa Efe warned against it.”

“What is my business with Papa Efe?”

“I know my father. If he forbade me from that girl, he has a good reason. I know when to stop and listen. One of those times is when Papa Efe sees his omens.”

“Your father does not want you to go and impregnate somebody that’s all. All good fathers will always say that.”

“And your own father encouraged you?”

“Yes. The moment I saw him Hot for that woman, I knew I had to outdo him.”

“See why parents must always show good example?”

“What is wrong with you my guy? What has happened to the pussy terrorist of Katakata Street!”

“Guy, I don’t know. For some reason, I think you have made the biggest mistake of your life.”

“Akunna it was not Muhammad that was going to be sacrificed.”

“I don’t care who it was. I am only interested in the key figures of the religion. Jesus and Muhammad. Come and let us celebrate.”

Even though Akunna’s actions beggared belief, the lure of that kind of treat was one that was not going to pass the inhabitants of 225 Katakata Street by. Yes, he was crazy. Yes, they did not know where he got the money for the animals from, but right there before them was meat, something some of the families had not seen for up to a year.

So three young men joined Akunna, slit the throats of the goat and ram into the gutter, found and erected two poles and hung them by the throat and poured kerosene and set them on fire.

“For my village na dry leaf and firewood dem dey take make the fire. Una sure say the meat no go dey smell kerosene-kerosene?” Mkpoikanna said.

“No be your village be dis, Calabar boy. This na Lagos. And the meat no go smell kerosene.”

So the children clapped and sang as the fire seared the fur from the body of the animals while Akunna produced a bottle of John Walker Red Label and took multiple swigs direct from the bottle.

“Anybody wanna drink? Get a glass and join me. This is what you should be drinking not that poison that devilish old woman sells. Meanwhile, Man U won by luck and we lost to West Ham. Arsene Wenger, wherever you are please forgive me for slandering your holy name.”

“Solkjaer has proven his critics wrong. Beating Pochettino who is supposed to be an upgrade to him is instructive. He should get the job full time now.”

“Imagine that De’Gea made all those wonderful saves and yet they attribute the victory to one lucky guy who had once been relegated in the same league! What exactly do football people smoke?”

“Even Siasia could have won those games. All he needs to do is tell Pogba, Ogbeni, it is your show, do whatever you want, and they will win games.”

“Don’t worry. It will only take a run of bad results as all teams have. Let him go and ask Roberto Di’Mateo at Chelsea. If you like, win the Champions league, once you are perceived as a nonentity, a nonentity you will remain unless you are Pep Guardiola at Barcelona.”

“I predict Liverpool’s run of bad results to come in March so that City will overtake them. As a Man U fan, I don’t want Liverpool to win the league.”

“Meanwhile Bubu listened to our clamour and changed the IG o! He should also listen to us and admit he is Jubrin.”

“The CJN did not attend the planned arraignment. The militant Governors have given him strength, and the boys from the creeks are threatening a showdown if the harassment of Onnoghen does not stop. Buhari has wagged the tail of a tiger.”

“The fact that the former SGF and people like Oshiomhole, indicted by a constituted body are still walking free and even campaigning for Buhari places such a high moral burden on him that there is no better time to be an Onnoghen.”

In no time the goat and ram were clean of all hairs and Akunna by himself cut the meat and began to share to the families. He gave the head of the ram to Papa Efe but kept that of the goat to himself for isi-ewu he was going to prepare by himself. He cut generous portions for the families he could remember and when he tired, he picked up two legs each of the goat, ram, hung them on his shoulder, and told Mkpoikanna to share for everyone else as he was going inside the house.

The crowd descended on the meat like a scene from a wildlife documentary as soon as Akunna turned his back.

Mr Zubi and Mr. Cosmas met the melee on their return from the police station. Almost every member of the elder’s council had a representative at the meat fest. They summoned the house heads for the important meeting.

“Firstly may I ask what is going on here?” Mr. Zubi said.

“It is Akunna. He is celebrating Christmas and sallah. He bought a goat and a ram for everybody.”

“And you all collected to go and cook and eat. From Akunna?”

“Mr Zubi. Akunna gave us meat. Who has ever done that for us? Even the politicians when they come give us bar soap and small rice if we are lucky the people in Ikeja do not take everything before they reach here. Do you know when I and my household last saw meat?”

“And you too Kingsley. You collected Akunna’s meat?”

“Food is our common ground, a universal experience – James Beard.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“Mr. Zubi, he sent the necks of the goat and the ram to your house.”

“Eh ehn?” Mr. Zubi exclaimed with eyes widened in excitement.

“Oh ho o! Who no like better thing?” Josiah said.

“But emm…is anyone thinking what I am thinking?”

“I will think when I have finished the meat. Please talk quickly. It is the first time I will be celebrating Christmas and Sallah at the same time and I can’t wait.”

“Okay, gentlemen. We are just returning from the station and Ndifreke is in a bad situation.”

“Let him produce the money and come back home. Shebi they said he too is a millionaire? Upon all the money he has made, not even fanta or coke has he bought for us. We that saw and supported him from his first day in this town. I have even dashed him indomie to go and cook and eat one day he was doing like he wanted to die. Now he made millions and his shoulder became higher. Let him answer the case before him. I did not know that that type of money was in this compound. He knew. So let him explain. Please, I want to go and fry my meat.”

“No we must not reason like that Achike. The boy is innocent. You don’t need to be a psychic to see that.”

“Then who stole the money?”

“That is the question we are now asking.”

“No one will admit it. You know that Mr. Zubi. Unless you have something else to say. We have reported to the police. Let them do their job.”

“We cannot let an innocent man suffer.”

“Then produce the guilty man.”

Agbonyibo raised his hand and Mr. Zubi asked him to speak.

“Make una no vex o. But I know how we go take catch the thief.”

“You do?”

“Yes sir.”

“How?”

“Na traditional way.”

“Let us hear it.”

“E get wetin m papa teach me wey I go do if una gree.”

“What is that?”

“Gather all the men and women for this compound. I go enter my shop for fifteen minutes come out with one stick of broom. I go put am for ground. Everybody go jump one by one. If the person wey thief the money jump the broom, he go begin summersault till him confess.”

“What?”

“Na why I say whether una go gree?”

The council of elders began to murmur amongst themselves. Then Mr. Cosmas spoke up.

“What Agbonyibo has proposed is straight from our lost culture here in Africa. All of you now saying it is barbaric and archaic and fetish, what kind of Christians or Muslims are you? Do you only remember the White man’s religion when it suits you? When it helps you escape justice? This is why we are where we are in Africa. We abandoned what we knew and embraced a strange culture and today we are neither here nor there. Agbonyibo. Come and do your thing. People of 225 Katakata street, you do no wrong if you take part. If you're innocent you have nothing to worry about. Take me to any pastor or Imam that says otherwise. We need to find justice for Ndifreke. It could have been any one of us.”

The people murmured again and after five minutes, Mr Zubi spoke up.

“Alright. Agbonyibo, bring it on.”

TO BE CONTINUED.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ADECULATE(f): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2019
Haaaaaa centino, dis suspense na die ooo, its too much na!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jossylove123: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2019
Great work centino.....���

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chikzyet(f): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2019
So Efe now speaks like a reasonable being, Good.
I wish they don't have to try that Agbonyibo's ideas cos i know trust that man.
Poor Ndifreke d lover boy...now he has to move out as soon as he gets out of jail and where Akunna see money.i doubt if he will join them in jumping over the broom.

Thanks Centino,eagerly waiting for Sundays update.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Zamorano14(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
u too much centino baba..shey na like dis agbonyibo wan take tackle irikefe

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
Castro....You didn't even get to feel the warmth... Money is gone..The conqueror has been conquered..

Ndifreke,you're now at the centre of it all...A victim of circumstances... Be strong, be bold..

Chisco and Nurse Josephine...You guys are enjoying with reckless abandon even in the midst of these chaos....Just thread with care..

And Akunna,The Champ...The same question is on my mind too...where did he get the money? Does he have such propensities??
Well,I think Mama Akunna can explain or let's wait for centino to explain better...

About the CJN travails....It's a big shame to our judiciary system...The Nation is being led to doom...

Am anticipating today's mid week update...Just wondering what the Katakatans reviews about the 10years challenge would be like..

BRAVO CENTINO...

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
And the new update just dropped...
Let me read that first.... Thanks centino..

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ambs50: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
Been a ghost reader.But I must say that Centino is a writer in a class of his,a rare breed. Twale for boss Centino.

Reading katakata street makes me remember the words of Alexander Pope, 'drink deep or taste not the Persian spring...'. You have drunk deep Centino. Your oil of inspiration will always flow...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by collinometricx: 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
Oh Maya why?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kikiwendy(f): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
Why do I feel that Agboyinbo wants to implicate Irikefe from this.. Centino thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by damynj(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Centino! Centino!! Centino!!!
You're a wizard...
Abeg, wetin you study or dey study or wan study...
E be like say u be philosopher...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
kikiwendy:
Why do I feel that Agboyinbo wants to implicate Irikefe from this.. Centino thanks for the update

I feel same way too

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by riqmarol(m): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
centino! nice update the whole of katakata have eaten d meat..they've been possessed o. loll

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
kikiwendy:
Irikefe won't fall Castro would, spiritually Efe is immune and cautious beside the father will not stand aside and watch his son being implicated as for Castro he has casted the moment he took a dip........ on the flip side his implication might come from Castro saying things he has no idea of.
As I said earlier Agboyinbo wants to soil everyone spiritually that way he gains unhindered access.....

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Well done centino
Maya don't do it sad

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by leoinnocent(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
Even though Agbon fine boy is not really a good man, I believe he just like Ndi and plan to help and I guess he already know the culprit but no evidence to accuse him. About Maya, she is now in a very tight condition and unfortunately there's no good advisor for her. Anticipating how the fate will play itself though. Thanks Centino, Leoinnocent is here again

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kikiwendy(f): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
KpagoGIN:

Irikefe won't fall Castro would, spiritually Efe is immune and cautious beside the father will not stand aside and watch his son being implicated as for Castro he has casted the moment he took a dip........ on the flip side his implication might come from Castro saying things he has no idea of.
As I said earlier Agboyinbo wants to soil everyone spiritually that way he gains unhindered access.....
Let's see how Centino would twist the story

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bukolaberry(f): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thank you centino , this man is upto something over to you papa efe show the Canary your talent

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by labelle123(f): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Bia oga Centino, this suspense e good so?

Thanks for the update, may your oil of inspiration never runs dry.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Ghen ghen ghen.....

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by BlessedNiel: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
You live me breathless yet again Centino.
Kudos for the update.
I'm getting emotionally attached to Ndi & Maya! Something about love, always touch my heart.
Morality has been relegated to the background in our society today. That's why They see someone with something he has no means of legally acquiring but couldn't ask questions simply because he offered them part of it. Should he have kept it to himself, the very people defending him now would've been the ones raising alarm. I think we should as a people reflect on this.
I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
centino well done for the mid week update. please where is Esther??

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EkopSparoAyara(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
I like the way Irikefe is beginning to reason,I think Papa Efe has knocked some sense into his head...Castro,you are doomed... Ewu Gambia...

Ndifreke...It is well even inside the well....

Katakatans,who no like better thing... Even Mr Zubi has taken part...I hope Mama Akunna's share is there and that of Sister Esther...Where did Akunna get all this money from?? He is even drinking Red Label...Am watching from a corner...

Maya,I know Mr Jonjo has put you in a tight corner... I just wish that conversation you had with him is recorded,you can use that to get back at him but at this point all I have to say is..Be strong...

Agbonyibo...What are you up to this time?? I hope you mean well because I don't want to believe you love Ndifreke that much..

And meanwhile, no matter how long each episodes are,you can't help but yearn for more...

BRAVO CENTINO..

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.