Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317440 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
ONE FOR THE ROAD

So the world motored on in a maelstrom of constant happenings. Russia sent forces to the Kharkiv region in Eastern Ukraine amid Kyiv’s continued fight back despite the odds. Sky high energy prices in the UK were forcing businesses to close and offering the new Prime Minister Lizz Truss solid political capital when her early pronouncement was to reassure citizens that no one was going to be cut off from energy supply whether or not they could afford to pay. As speculation swelled that Donald Trump was running for Washington again in 2024 a complicated web of investigations, civil suits, and countersuits were launched against the former president. A court in Thailand suspended the Prime Minister. Another Israeli Airstrike in Gaza killed more than eleven people. Fresh covid cases hit tourist hubs in Tibet and Hainan as China battled the outbreak. Brazil’s President Bolsonaro was throwing shades at Supreme Court justices and sowing doubt Trump-style ahead of upcoming Presidential elections. Darkhorse William Ruto won the election in Kenya giving hope to ‘Obidients’ in Nigeria, just as the words ‘vote wisely’ began to sound like a threat in certain quarters. Heck, Chelsea sacked a Champions league winning coach and replaced him with a greenhorn with flambouyant style the same day Queen Elizabeth II passes on to glory.

At 225 Katakata Street, Irikefe and Castro only wanted to know why the new albino tenant would name his only son carbondioxide.

“Is that his name?” Yes, Prince White said, as he continued to perspire profusely in his drab suit. .

“Carbondioxide?” Irikefe echoed.

“Yeees!”

“You born am inside lab?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“God abeg ooo!”

“Please explain that phrase.”

Castro dragged Irikefe to a corner.

“Aswear e be like say Alhaji Sirika dey use this compound dey do experiment. Where hin dey see all these kind people? First na Agbonyibo with hin crooked back, then Alfa with him battalion and Iniquity. Now this one!”

Irikefe scratched his head. “Guy I no just know. How I wan run this kind thing now?”

“Mr Irikefe please don’t keep us waiting. Oxide, oya come begin dey carry awa things go inside!

“Mr Irikefe!” Castro mimicked and chuckled. That was a new one.

Oxide broke into a dance to an imaginary song in his head. He grabbed a small rolled mattress that could fit under an armpit and chucked it there. With the other hand, he picked a plastic bucket that contained plates and bowls, and cooking utensils. It was when they got to the front of Irikefe’s door that Irikefe realized the problem. Castro spoke as he stood scratching his head.
“Na only this one door una get. Bros you don get new family.”

“Tell me, young friend,” Mr Cosmas said, seeing that Ndifreke needed prompting. It was a chilly evening following rain showers that had most of the compound members ensconced in their rooms, helped by the improved electricity supply Lagos was enjoying at the time. Ndifreke avoided his place and went straight to Mr Cosmas’ self-contained on his return from the prophetess’. He peeked at his phone and shuddered. “I’m in the room waiting for you. It’s raining. I’m n*ked.” From a fifteen-year-old. What had he gotten himself into?

“The woman consults in the church vestry and lives there. It’s not worshiping day so people who want to see her go there. I understand on worship days everything happens in the main building. There were others seated on a bench awaiting their turn. Three people were ahead of us. Each spent approximately thirty minutes with the woman. When it was our turn, we went in. She sat in a chair and there was a small wooden centre table separating her and the two chairs opposite her for guests. She saw a maximum of two at a time if they were together. The table was covered with white cloth and it had a bell, a vase with artificial roses, and a white bible on it. We greeted her and Elizabeth introduced me as a friend. The woman was surprisingly young and I dare say beautiful. Had silky chocolate skin and spoke good English. She didn’t ask any questions. She just returned our greeting and said we should pray. I closed my eyes, she prayed, and when she finished she started telling me about my life. Mr Cosmas…I’ve never seen anything like it before.”

“Go on,” Mr Cosmas said.

“She said my people in the village were responsible for all my problems. She said they teamed up with the witches in the compound where I live to derail my destiny. She said there was an old woman and infant child that were witches there and manifested as birds that they helped my people to mess up my life. I told her about the dream and she said it was God revealing to me the source of my problems. She told me Maya was my soulmate with whom I was to achieve great things. She told me that the enemies saw this and planted discord between us. She said everything that happened was they trying to keep us apart. She said my appetite for women was unreal. That what I heard in my dream explained everything. She said I should stop every relationship I have now and return to Maya.
“I confessed that I did not see how that was possible given that I was now involved with Maya’s sister with Maya’s tacit blessings. But she said Maya was not happy about it. She said that if we continued that there would be a serious problem between the sisters that would take someone’s life. She affirmed that the child Maya is carrying was mine. That I should go and beg her and take her out of this compound as soon as I could. She said I will first fast and pray for seven days and on the seventh day I should return to the church and they would consecrate water for me to have my bath and cleanse me. She assured me that as soon as I did that that the evil hands on my case would wither away and my appetite for women, which was unnatural, would diminish and Maya would take me back. She said I should have been free when the witch died but that I was already too deep into it such that liberation would only come if I did as the Holy Spirit directed. What do you think sir?”

“Do as she said.”

“Is she right? Is it true I was reprogrammed to be promiscuous? How can I get back with Maya after everything? What will I do with Clementina? As we speak she is on my bed naked waiting for me.”

“How did your friend feel?”

“Elizabeth?”

“Yes.”

“We were silent all the way back home. She only said goodbye when we got here and went inside her compound. I know that it was a final goodbye.”

“Send her a text later and thank her. She may have saved your life.”

“I thought you said we did not need prophets and could go it all alone?”

“You must first learn to walk before you can fly. We are at different stages of development. For some, their starting point may even be a visit to the shrines of their ancestors. How do you expect people who cannot grasp the concept of keeping their thoughts pure to stave off evil currents with their own auras? They need help. In your case, you will do what the prophetess has said and in faith. But it all would have been unnecessary if you stood aright from the beginning.”

“What did I do wrong? What could I have done?”

Mr. Cosmas ignored the question and went on. “Do not think for a moment that you can blame any witch or wizard for what has become of you. Darkness will be darkness and do what darkness does. It behoves on you to radiate light at the appearance of which darkness dissipates. You had barely figured out where your first meal would come from when you started fooling around with Maya. The dark ones when they came saw the hole from where they could enter and did. Had you gotten your priorities right from the beginning, no power in hell as your pastors like to say would have come near you. As your holy book says, they shall surely gather…but whoever gathers against thee shall fall for thy sake. However, that passage does not mean that you turn yourself into a cesspit and expect not to have dirt thrown onto you. They gathered, they came, and they met you wide open and they majestically entered. It was your entire fault. If you were standing well, just one word of pure volition from you and they would have run 440 to hell where they belong. When you get out of this, practice the one true thing that would keep you far and above all principalities and powers, which is to keep the hearth of your thoughts pure, and from there you will see the wonders of the Almighty in your life.”

Continue reading https://katakatastreet.com/2022/09/11/one-for-the-road/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Karim2001: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Finally!!!

Well-done Sir
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
As I read each and every lines, I let them sink in and I got drown in all of it, is it introspection, honestly I don't know.

But something tells me, Nameless, you just saw your life played out in form of a story from a stranger you haven't meet (and you might not meet him) and you're helpless to lift up your voice and cry for help.

It's not a messed up world but you see this nigga behind the phone keypad typing, I mean the very hands frolicking with his phone keypads is really messed up.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Na real one for the road…..

Thanks for the update boss
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by metalgear11(m): 1:14am On Sep 12, 2022
Poor Clementina. She has tasted the forbidden fruit and thirsts for more. At such a tender age. Let's hope the path she chooses does not teach her a big lesson she will live to regret.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2022
Good one boss. Mr Cosmas' take on the prophetess surprised me but makes sense. Quite instructive. Never stay in a room with a woman that could tempt you. No man is a superman. Ndi learnt that. Sad one for Clementina. Of a truth many choose that way due to circumstances like that. God bless you Centino.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Teco2(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Nice one, Centineo. Thank you for the update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by NeduLuiZ(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2022
Ndi! A young man with infinite potential been held back by his own vices! Very relatable.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Haakeem(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2022
Nice story you got here.
I started reading two days ago and here I am waiting for update.
I have never read a story that got my attention like this.

Centineo you are good writer.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2022
Haakeem:
Nice story you got here.

I started reading two days ago and here I am waiting for update.

I have never read a story that got my attention like this.

Centineo you are good writer.

Guy did you say two days! This one brought me out of hiding grin

If you've read what is essentially books 1 2 and 3 in two days pls give me a call. E get why.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:16am On Sep 28, 2022
Meanwhile, an important announcement coming....

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2022
waiting
Centino:
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Haakeem(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2022
Centino:

Guy did you say two days! This one brought me out of hiding grin

If you've read what is essentially books 1 2 and 3 in two days pls give me a call. E get why.
boss I read it two days non stop and was even looking for more.

I raise hand for you o.

You're a good writer indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
Haakeem:
boss I read it two days non stop and was even looking for more.

I raise hand for you o.

You're a good writer indeed.

Fantastic. Nice to have you here man.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
Centino:

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pablobellins(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
gentimedia:
AYYEEEEEEEEE We at Genti are so excited to be partnering with you on this Centino!! What a Story!
We'll be releasing new episodes every week. I know most of you here are up to date, so this gives a chance to revisit the story from the beginning. Listen while you are cleaning, cooking, going to work, and, check out other stories on the platform as well.

But let me not talk too much sha. I Twale for you boss Centino. This story is FIREEEE with all the characters with their own uniqueness. Thank you for being an early creator with the Genti platform. I can't wait for more people to hear this masterpiece

Download app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store

App Name: Genti Audio
Business WhatsApp: +234 916 739 1320
Social media : @gentimedia

- Ojiugo | Genti Cofounder for Genti

Hope you guys know we read in different tones in our head. Like the tone we read what a guy says is different from how we read what a girl says.. Same thing applies to old & young.. How does gentimedia hope to do this centino..?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by afrojinq: 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
The narrator had that in mind and reads with different voices for different characters. Just as done in other audio books and audio stories.

Have a listen and hear.

Ps. Great question! Genti cofounder here.

pablobellins:

Hope you guys know we read in different tones in our head. Like the tone we read what a guy says is different from how we read what a girl says.. Same thing applies to old & young.. How does gentimedia hope to do this centino..?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pablobellins(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
afrojinq:
The narrator had that in mind and reads with different voices for different characters. Just as done in other audio books and audio stories.

Have a listen and hear.

Ps. Great question! Genti cofounder here.

then I better check out the app smiley
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 1:45am On Oct 20, 2022
I like as ads full the new site.
Very good, wallahi.

As people no wan donate to keep site running, make them they stumble upon ads everywhere.

Nobody tell me say Katakata street don reach this side.
calamus reporting for duty.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by do4luv14(m): 9:29am On Oct 20, 2022
calamus:
I like as ads full the new site.
Very good, wallahi.

As people no wan donate to keep site running, make them they stumble upon ads everywhere.

Nobody tell me say Katakata street don reach this side.
calamus reporting for duty.

Watin you dey yarn sef, Na here e take start, Before moving to permanent site,

Wich one con be e don reach hia, You no dey report anything, it's goan kneel down, Hands up, and Close ya 3 eyes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2022
do4luv14:

Wich one con be e don reach hia, You no dey report anything, it's goan kneel down, Hands up, and Close ya 3 eyes cheesy

You dey whyne me? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by do4luv14(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
calamus:

You dey whyne me? cheesy

Seriously this is where it all started, both with Book 1, Before moving to permanent Site

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
do4luv14:

Seriously this is where it all started, both with Book 1, Before moving to permanent Site

Na im make I dey ask if you dey whyne me? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by do4luv14(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
calamus:

Na im make I dey ask if you dey whyne me? cheesy

You don get am, say now you be late come, oya kneel down dia
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by calamus(m): 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2022
do4luv14:

You don get am, say now you be late come, oya kneel down dia

cheesy grin
I go wait for a fellow alumni to come and identify me.
Or the grand patron of this great institution himself. cheesy
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nnamdiosu(m): 1:24am On Oct 21, 2022
do4luv14:

Lol
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
REVENGE

The chaos raged on. Governor Wike and his comic band went all over the place endorsing rivals for political office and making crazy donations to people who did not need more money. Parts of the country were almost submerged in flood. Farmlands, moveable property, and human beings were being washed away like litter. The criminally taciturn Federal Government continued to keep mum. Peter Obi suspended his campaign to visit the victims. Speculation over the health and well-being of Atiku and Tinubu continued to overshadow campaigns, even as the latter at different fora dropped quote after quote that would make MKO Abiola turn in his grave. ASUU finally called off their nine-month strike. Oil theft stole the headlines as it was uncovered that about a million barrels of crude got stolen every day, nearly half of what the country, incapable of meeting her OPEC quota, produced. The economy continued to groan amid crippling debts. Food inflation would not abate. The Ooni of Ife scuppered all rationalization as he married wife after wife, week after week in recent times. Women of such substance as would make you rethink everything you knew about evolving times. Lizz Truss quit as UK prime minister after forty-four days setting a new record just as continued threats by Russia revived old nuclear fears in Central Europe.

Katakata street was quiet that night. Electricity supply had been good. The generators were given a rest. Twenty-four hour live television with foreign soap operas said hi. But for the occasional exclamations or urgent laughter or stifled moans from the varied activities ongoing in the different double room enclosures, it was the sort of atmosphere that brought out the best in anyone wishing to ponder about their life.

Chisco sat alone on the soak-away slab. He was alone only as far as a naked eye could perceive, for his spirit guide ensured that the conversation with himself never ceased.

“You are looking at her that way again. You never learn.”

“I have learnt. But she has a body like nothing I have seen before. She and her daughter.”

“You are a half-baked wizard now because of that body. Move back to your own place. In fact, move from this environment altogether and be what you purposed to be. You said in the coven you didn’t want a full initiation because you wanted to live like a normal person. It’s one thing to desire something and another altogether to take action. No matter how good your intentions are if you wake up in the same place every day doing the same things as before you will slip back into old habits faster than you can imagine.”

Eyonyam came out of the compound just then. His spirit guide fell silent and watched.

Chisco shifted uncomfortably on the soakaway. She wore a white tshirt without a bra. She tied a one-piece wrapper one inch above her knee. She looked this way and that way and when her eyes settled on him she approached and sat beside him.

“How you dey feel now?” He said to her.

“I dey fine.”

“Wetin been do you?”

“Dem broke my head na. Abi you don forget?”

“I know but I no con understand how you con enter coma. You just lie dia like dead body for two month.”

“You no like as I no die?”

“But why you no just wake up when dem repair ya head finish? Die you no die. Well you no well,”

“My inlaw which kind talk be dis one naw?”

“And when you wake up you con dey talk like mama Akunna. Small time you go talk like yaself. You let Mama Akunna dey talk with ya mouth. Now I wan know wetin dey happen. You don get yaself finish abi you still dey share ya head with Mama Akunna?”

“I be myself. That woman remove ten nut for my head with dat pilon. She no go carry dat pikin wey dey her belle.”

“Wetin you wan do?”

“Make we dey look. D man no marry am. As d man dey fvck me na so hin dey fvck am. Wetin make am tink say hin fit wound me like dat? We go see,” she finished with a snap of her fingers.

Chisco thought about Sister Esther and her pregnancy. What now?

“I no know wetin I been dey talk when I wake up. But my head don correct now.”

“You even say you wan begin sell ogogoro.”

“I tell you say I don get myself now. Make I show you.” She reached out and caressed his fly. His p*nis did not need a second invitation to stand at attention.

“You give me winch,” Chisco said.

“Sorry.”

“Me, Ogbu-Agu, because of you don turn to person wey dey fly for night.”

“Na you been wan fvck by force. I try make you leave me but you no gree. You fvck me come disgrace me ontop. Wetin I do you? When you put hand inside potopoto, you no know wetin go follow ya hand come outside.”

“I no wan live that life.”

“E go hard.”

“You go see. That winch, I no go do am.”

She was still caressing his fly. She squeezed and a moan escaped his lips.

“Get up and leave now,” his spirit guide said to him.

“Oya go look Evae and hin pikin,” Chisco said and put his hand over hers to stop her action.

“Dem don sleep. I come call you say make you come inside. Cold dey for hia.”

The breeze was cool following the light rain from earlier that day. No one had passed for five minutes. They could hear the sound of the television from one of the downstairs rooms. Eyonyam undid his zip with a dexterity of fingers that left Chisco’s mouth on the floor and took his hard flesh in her hand.

“Make we enter inside.”

“Don’t.” It was his spirit guide. As loud as Sister Esther of yore warning the Street about the perils of hell.

“No. I no want,” Chisco submitted meekly.

She did a quick 360° of her surroundings. Sure again that they were alone, she bent over him and slurped on his penis for a minute and came up again and said “Make we dey go.”

“Go back to your place instead,” came the voice from inside him.

Eyonyam, with hand strokes made smoother by copious spittle, enjoyed the tortuous look in his eyes as he battled with his higher reasoning. Another squeeze and Chisco was on his feet. He did not bother to disguise his nonchalance as she led him into the house.

Continue reading https://katakatastreet.com/2022/10/23/revenge/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Abdulreheem(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hmm always ending with more suspence than the last one. Thanks 4 d update centino.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2022
Great update boss. Chisco ignoring his spirit guide is the same thing as most of us going ahead to do wrong despite that still small voice we all hear warning us. Could that be our spirit guides too? Tough one for sister Esther. Pls Centino answer this. How come Eyonyam got to her despite her being so prayerful. Pls answer boss. Josephine and Joseph was predictable. But Josephine's words hmmm. Ndi really should leave Maya alone after having been with Clementina.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2022
tsharp:
Great update boss. Chisco ignoring his spirit guide is the same thing as most of us going ahead to do wrong despite that still small voice we all hear warning us. Could that be our spirit guides too? Tough one for sister Esther. Pls Centino answer this. How come Eyonyam got to her despite her being so prayerful. Pls answer boss. Josephine and Joseph was predictable. But Josephine's words hmmm. Ndi really should leave Maya alone after having been with Clementina.

I knew I'd find you here too grin

I answered your questions over at the site.

Amazing consistency. Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.