Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1316896 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
malificent:
Today went well for me.

Spent it indoors but it was worthwhile. Started in the morning and I just got to the 61st page. I'm only wailing because of my cell phone battery, I just got a warning and Nepa has refused to even blink light.

Thanks Centino, this is the 2nd story I've read on this platform and it was worth the read. I'll appreciate if you can prompt me whenever you post a new update.

Nice. You'll sure get a mention wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
ghettochild4u:

No it wont be Centino...
alot goes into movie making esp for a movie maker based outside naija
ur story is a series plus its ur Nollywood Movie they shoot within 2 weeks

Lol.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mackzydon9(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
Getting interesting, Centino it's just that I'm too lazy to log in at times that is why I don't comment.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
mackzydon9:
Getting interesting, Centino it's just that I'm too lazy to log in at times that is why I don't comment.

I get wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Bluezy13(m): 12:52am On Jun 20, 2018
Nice work man

Following back to back

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by quinSonia(f): 1:17am On Jun 20, 2018
nice story dear,so funny and FALZ like,lol

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chizko4me(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Boss more about irikefe and Castro in today's update. And please try using this "I dey go Russia" in term of someone trying to say he/or she is going to watch football match.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mayor10(m): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2018
This story made my yesterday.... I really can't wait for more updates... I can't believe I started reading yesterday...what an intriguing story.. Centinho you are the boss..nice one man

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by damieskillz(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Wow Centino you are awesome. I give you a double thumbs up bro... I started reading this story yesterday and I was glued till I got to the the last page. Can’t wait for the next update... This is great

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chizko4me(m): 10:08am On Jun 20, 2018
Please mention me in this next episode
Then "Chisco" an occupant of number 224 jump out from the compound and shouted, "I DEY GO RUSSIA" which means time for football match.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by awoononi(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2018
225 Katakata Street is da bomb. Good one, baba.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
chizko4me:
Please mention me in this next episode
Then "Chisco" an occupant of number 224 jump out from the compound and shouted, "I DEY GO RUSSIA" which means time for football match.

Awww nice one Chisco. Unfortunately I've completed the midweek update which still happened on the night of the Nigerian match so can't work it in. Time dey. Chisco na correct name for houseboy o! Maybe somebody in number 225 needs a houseboy by that name who will be more interested in going to Russia cheesy

Midweek update loading...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kingso23: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
jagugu88li:
Centino my chiefterly....you are back I see
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
awoononi, chizko4me, damieskillz, mayor10, quinSonia, Bluezy13, mackzydon9, ghettochild4u, malificent, xavier047, KingOfThePay, jeffman1419, Sheunsy01, ChizzyMaris, seun9303, elvi02, spixytinxy, belleful (lol), barbienazom, kelvinbo, ehmusshogun (Man, where have you been?)

Tried to mention all the new readers from the last update since I couldn't respond to all the comments. Everyone is invited of course smiley

WITCH

“What did you just say Irikefe?”

“Mr Zubi, everyone, I said there is a witch in this compound. My father knows.”

Papa Efe stood and glared at his son.

“Papa, am I lying? Why won’t you just let us involve everyone and find a way to solve this problem? There is no better time. She has traveled now. And her boyfriend Wasiu is not here to go and do amebo for her.”

“Wait wait wait Efe, who are you talking about?”

“Mama Akunna of course. She is a witch. Air force! Wing commander!”

Papa Efe charged towards his son but the men closest to him held him back.

“My father knows but will not do anything. I thought you people are gathered here to solve problems. I am saying we solve this now. It is not only when somebody’s wife is entering another person’s room that you will become men and gather.”

“O boy, watch your tongue.”

“Okay calm down Efe. You know that what you are saying carries a lot of weight. It is probably why your father is not talking.”

“Is it proof you want to demand? We have it. We caught her red-handed.”

Papa Efe hissed and turned and walked briskly into the compound.

Irikefe looked around and saw curiosity, uncertainty and even fear in the eyes of his audience.

“She flies at night. The night she put something in my father’s drink that I went to rescue him with Castro, she came for us much later and we arrested her.”

“How?”

“I can’t explain it all now. She cannot touch me or my father but I cannot say the same for all of you. I am not doing this for myself but for all of you.”

“Young man. You know that in our culture calling somebody a witch is not something you play with. Your father’s reaction to this disclosure worries me.”

“Does anyone here doubt me?” As they exchanged bewildered looks, he pressed on. “Now, has anyone here been experiencing being pressed at night? If not you, your wives or children?”

No one spoke. They continued to wear the inane looks that irritated Irikefe the more.

“Alright, when you go back inside, ask them. I have seen Mama Akunna in witchcraft. Even if you have not been pressed or you have not felt anything, doesn’t it worry you all how she died and later did not die again? How she vanished in this same compound with her son’s baby? How it is that once you are thinking something she already knows what you are thinking? We went to call the police the other time, but before the police were here; she was already outside waiting for them. You can think of so many things that are unusual if you have not outrightly felt her evil hands on you.”

“Alright, we get your point Efe. You can excuse us now. Let the elders deliberate.”

Irikefe shrugged and entered the compound. He passed the room he shared with his father and went to Ndifreke’s room.

Mr Zubi faced the men. “Does anyone know anything about what that boy has just said?"

“I don’t think he is lying,” Josiah said. “His father’s reaction tells you that he knows something.”

“Has anyone had any experience of what he has said?”

“Yes.”

“Yes i have.”

“Yes.”

Mr Zubi’s mouth fell open.

“He is saying the truth,” Josiah said. We have been quiet because no one wants trouble. Does that woman appear normal to you? Does she even behave normal? Her son is committed to the psychiatric hospital after going crazy over the death of his entire family, deaths we all know she had a hand in. Even if she has not pressed you, everything about her points to a bad person. She is bad news through and through.”

“Stop pretending Mr Zubi. They have been pressing you or somebody in your house,” Achike said. “I see your children comparing the scratches on their bodies with that of other children. Are you saying they have never mentioned it to you?”

“My friend, take your time,” Mr Zubi said.

“That young man is brave. You know that his father will probably throw him out of the house again. We should not allow what he has done to go in vain.”

“Alright, so what do you people think? Kingsley let’s start with you.”

He lifted his chin and stroked his beard and then said, “Some things sound better if they don’t come from you – Joyce Rachelle.”

“I see. So you prefer others to talk?”

“Mr Zubi you want to hear an opinion you are asking Kingsley. I am sure that when they are pressing him he is not quoting Dalai Lama. He will be shouting Chineke meeeh! Abasi mbok!”

“Keeping quiet is better than running your mouth talking about things you don’t know about – King Tony S. Singh” Mr Kingsley said.

“If we have to find a solution to this, we must work collectively. Kingsley, I think it is time you cooperated.”

He stayed quiet again for a full minute then said, “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls – George Carlin.”

“Okpari!”

“All right, Cosmas. Let's hear you.”

“The young man who has come up with this allegation has acted irrationally. As council of elders, these are the kind of things we ought to be looking at as well. His father is deeply displeased. Our people say that what an old man sees sitting down a child does not see standing up. Papa Efe is the oldest man in this compound. If he has kept quiet, then maybe keeping quiet is the best thing to do. We have to call Efe to order and ensure he apologizes to his father and also ensure that his father does not send him out on the streets. As for his allegation, I don’t know who a witch is. All I know is that if you stand aright, nothing shall by any means harm you. Maybe this is the time we have to ask ourselves the question – man, how do you stand? The way we live in this compound will make it easy for a witch to thrive. If you are not sleeping with somebody’s wife, you are deflowering somebody’s daughter or gossiping about it or getting preoccupied with the lives of other people or exhibiting simple wickedness like using a public toilet and not flushing! All these evils drive light from your lives and allow darkness to enter. If you are being attacked by a witch, it is not the fault of the witch. It is your fault. I don’t know what it is you people want to do. But I will say that you thread with caution so you do not dig a pit for yourselves. I will go now and talk to papa Efe. That is all from me.”

Mr Cosmas then left and entered the compound.

“Kingsley, have you heard? Every day you will sh*t and you will not flush. It is because of you that witchcraft came into this compound. I did not say it. Your friend Cosmas said it.”

Mr Kingsley looked up and continued to stroke his beard.

“Well, Cosmas is right. Let him at least go and talk to Papa Efe on our behalf. The boy may have acted irrationally but his intention was good.”

“That does not solve the problem Zubi. You know we cannot listen to Cosmas. Everyone knows he is not normal. Don’t forget that he is a friend to the woman in question. If he is not a witch like her, he belongs somewhere that ensures that they have mutual respect for each other.”

“See gentlemen, this is Lagos. We are from different parts of the country where this type of thing is treated differently. I’m not sure I want to put my hands in anything I do not understand. I have known for some time now. I kept quiet. I have not died. My only disappointment is that she did not die when we thought she did.”

“What I will suggest is that everybody goes back to his family and sit down and plan how to deal with this thing. We have to protect our own selves.”

“I suggest that we call a pastor to come and sanctify the building before she comes back. Let us hold a powerful vigil in this compound. I swear once she steps foot in this place it will be as hot as hell.”

“Which pastor? I don't believe in them after everything Daddy Freeze has said. Me I know what I will do.”

“But what is Esther doing in this compound? Every morning she will be holding microphone and disturbing our sleep. Can’t she pray and cast away the witch?”

“Ask Kingsley.”

At that, Mr Kingsley stood.

“Are you leaving?”

“Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship is righteousness with unrighteousness? Second Corinthians.”

“How will you not quote the bible for us? I am sure you will say that it is ministration that Esther ministers to you when you sneak into her room every night. When you go tonight, tell her what has happened. This is the time for her to prove her faith. It not about shouting repent repent repent!”

“So what have we decided?”

“I don't know. Every man for himself. I came to Lagos to find money. I did not come to fight with witch. But if any person finds my trouble I will know how to defend myself.”

Having said that, Achike said his good night and left the gathering as well.

Then one by one the men dispersed.

Irikefe, Castro and Ndifreke met at the soakaway as soon as the men went inside.

“Small boy, you no go go sleep? Irikefe said to Castro. “Your mama dey find you.”

“Stop it Irikefe. At least I have a place to return to. You your papa don sharpen the cutlass wey him go use cut your head when you go back. Busybody.”

“I am not a coward. Not anymore. The time wey I fear that woman don pass. Since I see am n*ked dey beg me, the fear don comot for my eye. I have said my own.”

“Are you not worried about your father?” Ndifreke said.

“I am. Mr Cosmas went to talk to him.”

“Oh I see.

“But I will still not go home tonight. Let me crash with you bros Freke.”

Ndifreke shrugged. I’m sure Mkpoikanna will not have a problem with that. But only for tonight. Hopefully, your dad cools down by tomorrow.”

“I trust Mr Cosmas. Even if you don’t believe what he is saying, you just find yourself agreeing with him. My dad will come round after listening to Mr Cosmas. I hope he does.”

“But what came over you?”

“I was just disgusted bros. Those old men formed a council to legislate about love affairs when there are weightier matters. Look at everything that they are concerned with! Talabi fvck Akunna wife. Ndifreke fvck Maya give am belle. Lukman wan fvck nurse. That is what all the problems are about. That is what they choose to deliberate upon. I gave them a proper problem to solve.”

“You are intractable Irikefe. And you have exposed yourself to great risk. You can not be sure that Mama Akunna will not hear that you have accused her publicly. I don’t envy you when she gets back.”

“So you think I will sit around and wait for her to come and winch me?”

“You heard what Mr Cosmas said. Better to do nothing."

“Bros na wa for you o! Na you Cosmas dey tell dat one na.”

“I am worried,” Castro said.

“Yes you should be, small boy.”

“I think I will have to give my life to Christ for real.”

“Good for you.”

“I will go to Sister Esther truthfully now to lead me to Christ. I know that he that dwelleth in the shelter of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty where there is protection. I don’t want that witch to come and be fvcking me for night when I don sleep. That kind thing can render somebody impotent in future.”

“So na because make you still dey pursue woman you wan give your life to Christ? Bloody hypocrite.”

As they talked a Toyota Camry pulled up in front of the compound and they fell silent. They watched to see who the visitor was at that time of the night. The occupants of the car stayed inside while the car engine still idled. Then two minutes later Nurse Josephine alighted from the passenger side. Then a very tall muscular man emerged from the driver side and waited for her to turn round and meet him and together they walked hand in hand into the compound. She was dressed in a tight-fitting evening gown with stones all over which glittered as it came in contact with the soft glow of the evening moon. She chuckled to a joke the man said and they both disappeared into the corridor laughing.

“Bros you see wetin I dey see?” Irikefe said to Ndifreke.

“Yes. It’s Josephine with a guest.”

“So nurse get mind carry man come this compound?”

“She has the right to do that.”

“So we go dey here somebody dey shine her congo in our very presence.”

“Last I checked Irikefe, she is not your wife.”

“But bros check am na, e no good. She would have taken him elsewhere. This is insulting to all of us."

“Mr Cosmas said it is this type of thing that brings witches,” Castro said. “So if you know what is good for you, remove your mind from it so that you can stand well and witch will not come near you.”

“Sharrap dia! Smallie. You guys can become Pope if you want. See this thing around my neck? No witch will come near me. And it was not gotten from the church. Me I don’t have that kind of faith so I will do what I can to help myself. I wish you all happy purifying of your mind. Please allow me to imagine what is going on in the nurse’s room right now.”

“Irikefe!”

“If I am that guy, I will not waste time. I will just bend her forward and tell her to place her hand on the table and push that big succulent yansh up. Doggie style all the way. Chai! When I go make money!”

“Okay that’s enough. I’m going to bed. You can either come with me or go and sleep in the corridor and peep as you always do to your satisfaction.”

“Bros I will come with you.”

TO BE CONTINUED.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Kingso23:

Kingso23 pls where did you get that from? I miss my jagugu88li.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by HazardMan(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
Sweet

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ghettowriter(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Finally caught up with the trilling story. Kept me hooked for two days straight.

Mr Centino, you are quite a prolic writer.

For starters, don't forget to copy the story into a text editor and convert it into PDF....You may not need to finish the story before doing this, you can easily divide the book into series.

You are damn good bro. Waiting for more updates.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
wow thanks for d update centino. looks like we can come to expect d midweek update. kudos sir.

to d story. so the council of elders could not find any solution. they should be disbanded. imagine what will happen if they sit again to talk about love issues according to irikefe when they can't solve a real one.

good the nurse has gone for men outside. she should just forget about ndifreke.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phoenixchap: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Dope as usual

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Emperortj93(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
mr kingsley get as he take dey

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by UCcrownboy: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
I Must Confess, This is the best story in nairaland so far, so entertaining and Educative,
Centino you are simply the best, i hope my fellow ghost readers repents like castro, ride on baba!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ChizzyMaris(f): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
I really love this story. Thanks for the mention Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by damieskillz(m): 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the mention great update as usual can’t wait for the next update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kelvinbo(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
thanks for the mention Mr centino. more wisdom to your brain
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino, abeg no make mama Akunna kill Irikefe oooo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Didov1(f): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for the updates...... the story has a lot of lessons in it
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:50am On Jun 21, 2018
Efe is right. That council of elders be like Nigerian government; leaving the important things to worry about the unimportant things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2018
always so exciting to get a new update.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by izaray(f): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2018
bros Centino, since when i don dey follow you never mention before oooo, abeq mention me for next update abeq. Nice update tho
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2018
Awesome as usual! grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kikiwendy(f): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Big thumbs up for #Centinounusual

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.