Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1316443 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
nice job!

but dont u think dat it's time to bring him back?

he was among the main character

even before nurse Jo and chisco

u just forgot him like that,dont u think we the readers need to know what he is up to now
even if the madness have reached the highest level of craziness "AKUNNA!!!!!"

yes akunna,u forgot him which is not good,a good story shouldnt stop shedding light on one of its main character for a very long Tim like this

have been watching how the story was going,so i think i should let u know now,try and bring him back as soon as possible jah bless!!!!

still your guy youngzubi

7 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by TeameeMoses(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Centino good job oooo, the slow burner really did a good job the update was well cooked.....

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Microfels: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
The bit about marriage and divorce is so deep and I quite agree with you. Thumbs up Centino, you did it again!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
phoenixchap:

Personal person, you know how we been start, the work as lit as kush but honestly mehn, it is starting to loose taste, you know I love and follow good literature work. You are always putting the piece together on Sunday just so your followers get something to chew on but you know this work is dope than that. I believe there are loads of perks to come in and they should have start turning up. The work is a yr+ let's make number 225 Katakata great again wink

Lol.

Still vague. But given the history of our convos I get the drift.

The work is multifaceted. You can see that there is a deliberateness about what I try to do here. Comments like the one after yours tells me that I am hitting the right notes whichever direction I chose to go and it gives me the courage to go on.

I do appreciate you man, especially that you are still glued and you do tell me how you feel. I do not take this lightly. I'll urge you to stick around still. Like you know, I vary things and there will be weeks when you'll have such a ball as you used to from the earlier offerings wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
007s:
reading this story has actually helped me answer a lot of questions about life, now i read not for the fun of it but for the lessons to be learnt. u ve impact my life more than mark zuckerberg, messi, ronaldo, mikel, pastor adeboye, oyedepo, nelson mandela, obasanjo, obama, bush, chimamanda adichie, george orwell, bill gate, nicki minaj, davido, wizkid, odunlade and the likes.......really appreciate your work....may God bless u

This is humbling man. I am glad my work has had such an impact on you. God bless you too.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Youngzubi:
nice job!

but dont u think dat it's time to bring him back?

he was among the main character

even before nurse Jo and chisco

u just forgot him like that,dont u think we the readers need to know what he is up to now
even if the madness have reached the highest level of craziness "AKUNNA!!!!!"

yes akunna,u forgot him which is not good,a good story shouldnt stop shedding light on one of its main character for a very long Tim like this

have been watching how the story was going,so i think i should let u know now,try and bring him back as soon as possible jah bless!!!!

still your guy youngzubi

Brilliant observation my man. And so so true. As you will come to see, with work like ours where you pick up on the days you need to update (if you write like I do) it's easy for a character to go flat and plot holes are a common occurrence.

I like to hear this. Will do something about it . wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lakesman1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
“I know what Christ allegedly said. In His time on earth, the marriage relation from the standpoint of Hebrew legislation was looked upon very largely as a business affair. A wife acquired could easily be regarded as a piece of property, which, without great difficulty, could be disposed of in case the husband, for any reason, were disposed to rid himself of an uncongenial companion and willing to forfeit the mohar which he had paid for his wife. Some of the rabbis boldly taught that a man had a perfect right to dismiss his wife, if he found another woman whom he liked better, or who was more beautiful. All a man needed to do then was to write a bill of divorcement and the poor woman was out in the cold. It was the sort of shenanigans Christ sought to correct when he gave his injunction that it is only on the grounds of adultery that you can divorce. It was in a bid to protect the women who were without rights. And also to protect some foolish men who sometimes out of stupidity did away with the best things in their lives just because they could. But nowhere did he say that you must live with treachery, battery, threats to life, or as it is nowadays, business unions gone bad. You will be living in sin every day of your life if you allow a wrongly interpreted creed to bind you in an unworkable union.”

Very well illustrated and pointed out significantly. Hope everyone could get away from delusions of religion cuz it's the problem of Nigeria now specifically.

Thanks mr. Centino
Thiz episode is whaoo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by lakesman1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
[b][/b][color=][/color][url][/url]
lakesman1:
“I know what Christ allegedly said. In His time on earth, the marriage relation from the standpoint of Hebrew legislation was looked upon very largely as a business affair. A wife acquired could easily be regarded as a piece of property, which, without great difficulty, could be disposed of in case the husband, for any reason, were disposed to rid himself of an uncongenial companion and willing to forfeit the mohar which he had paid for his wife. Some of the rabbis boldly taught that a man had a perfect right to dismiss his wife, if he found another woman whom he liked better, or who was more beautiful. All a man needed to do then was to write a bill of divorcement and the poor woman was out in the cold. It was the sort of shenanigans Christ sought to correct when he gave his injunction that it is only on the grounds of adultery that you can divorce. It was in a bid to protect the women who were without rights. And also to protect some foolish men who sometimes out of stupidity did away with the best things in their lives just because they could. But nowhere did he say that you must live with treachery, battery, threats to life, or as it is nowadays, business unions gone bad. You will be living in sin every day of your life if you allow a wrongly interpreted creed to bind you in an unworkable union.”

Very well illustrated and pointed out significantly. Hope everyone could get away from delusions of religion cuz it's the problem of Nigeria now specifically.

Thanks mr. Centino
Thiz episode is whaoo
[color=]
lakesman1:

Thanks mr. Centino
Thiz episode is whaoo
[/color]
lakesman1:

Thanks mr. Centino
Thiz episode is whaoo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ambs50: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
like play like ply, Centino go soon turn marriage counsellor or start church oo ;Dlike play like ply, Centino go soon turn marriage counsellor or start church oo
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2018
Centino:

Very true. Even though this was in the sense of Nigerian English. But I guess I'd better edit as an important issue as this should not be misinterpreted. Thanks man.
anytime boss.. smiley
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Weldone, centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chiefLopes(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2018
Mr. Centino u re a gem........words wont match de description but ur types re rare....WEH DONE SIR!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by DaV8King(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bros Centino, how far our Sunday Sunday dose boss?!!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Onetop(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
ambs50:
like play like ply, Centino go soon turn marriage counsellor or start church oo ;Dlike play like ply, Centino go soon turn marriage counsellor or start church oo

Lol

Before nko? Him dey use style preach him 'new age' beliefs. If you know you know.

mbok mbot Centino.

Hiannn! I no even sabi the meaning of mbok mbot.

hehe
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Mide14real: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
when is the next update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Happy Sunday centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
Centino what's up Na? Thought you said you split the last episode in two so as to have sth for us today?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by koligns: 2:11am On Aug 13, 2018
Bros nah Monday be this already, ah don check for update like 15 times I was a bit disappointed

So their for

You owe us 3 update this week

Cos my Sunday no complete without this piece

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Poisonivy01(f): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2018
I know Centino is cooking us a badass update. Looking forward to reading it. More grace to u centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by bimberry1307(f): 9:49am On Aug 13, 2018
centino, I hope all is well?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by slimkhan(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2018
baba centino hw va with d sunday dose nw we don wait enter monday o.......... sad
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
cry
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
My people...this weekend ehn, na only bed and tv remote been get me. This dude been tire gan. but I dey kampe. E go happen def before Sunday. Thanks for checking guys.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by seun9303: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
no lele boss. your health come first.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by beamot431(f): 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
Thumbs up centino... A great piece you have here...
I have always been a ghost reader when my younger brother told me about this piece around March... I read it up to the point Mama Akunna was in the mortician's place for autopsy and lost track because there were no updates.
I stumbled on it this morning after breakfast. I have been on it since morning. The story and comments made my day. I didn't even have lunch nor dinner...

You really are a volcano waiting to explode...

Number 225 street will be popular than civilian barracks and face to face soap opera...

Though you don't want to do it for the sake of money rather for expression, there are some life changing solutions you have that could benefit mankind especially in Nigeria. Give it a thought bro, and I will not be surprised to see you winning awards on the list of shows like AMVCA in years to come...

More inspirations bro

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Abelranking: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
I cant believe i have been ignoring this story all this while.. A friend introduced the piece to me i followed bt did not put any interest not until it made the front page today... Centino nice job

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2018
beamot431:
Thumbs up centino... A great piece you have here...
I have always been a ghost reader when my younger brother told me about this piece around March... I read it up to the point Mama Akunna was in the mortician's place for autopsy and lost track because there were no updates.
I stumbled on it this morning after breakfast. I have been on it since morning. The story and comments made my day. I didn't even have lunch nor dinner...

You really are a volcano waiting to explode...

Number 225 street will be popular than civilian barracks and face to face soap opera...

Though you don't want to do it for the sake of money rather for expression, there are some life changing solutions you have that could benefit mankind especially in Nigeria. Give it a thought bro, and I will not be surprised to see you winning awards on the list of shows like AMVCA in years to come...

More inspirations bro

Many thanks, beamot431.

I truly wouldn't mind taking this to the next level, only I am very familiar with the perilous terrain we're operating in. After so much heartbreak resulting in the total abandonment of my craft at some point, I arrived at the solution to find another source of income and then return some day to writing for the fun of it. In July last year, the stars aligned and 225 Katakata street was born.

There's been ups and downs as you'd have seen in the comments but still trudging on. For now, I'm just enjoying it. No high hopes.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Abelranking:
I cant believe i have been ignoring this story all this while.. A friend introduced the piece to me i followed bt did not put any interest not until it made the front page today... Centino nice job

Thanks, buddy.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ifud(m): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Anyeneka this is awesome... Kudos
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Oriyomin25(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Sir, to be candid this story is the best i have read on nairaland. I was a ghost reader but i stopped being that just this moment... Being a new writer Your story inspired me a lot. And very soon my story should be available here. But I noticed something which I think may not be good for your work. You are being sentimental in some character, especially politics. U know what i mean.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jennypharb1: 1:30am On Aug 15, 2018
1:30am and I just caught up with the last post. Thank you for writing @Centino, thank you for this gift of a story.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
Chieflopez, Jennypharb1, Oriyomin25 (guy, sentimental? politics? I no sure o), ifud (Ikpa!), Abelranking, beamot431, seun9303, WAACUT, slimkhan, bimberry1307, Poisonivy01, kolings, Dav8king, INDUSTRIALFAN, princessConfy, phoenixchap (my man grin), mide14real, Onetop (mind yaself o! grin), ambs50, lakesman1, Microfels, Teameemoses, izaray, pgodson7, dupsai, YINKS89, Dhavido, EkopSparrowAyara, tunjilomo, Mhizsuccess, tayot1, hotswagg12, 2lynx, ChizzyMaris, sheycrown, and most especially eyesofpearls (happy birthday dear).

VIGILANTE

Chisco entered the room where Achike was taking stock of the things returned from the morning sales. He looked like a man who had just learned that his wife had been kidnapped.

“Bia, Chisco. What is it?”

“Nna ehn bros. I no just happy.”

“You are not happy! Who cares? Is that why you left my market for that man to bring all by himself? What if he ran away?”

“How will he run? Is he not your customer again?”

“Bia…”

“Bros, de tin I see and hear today ehn.”

“What is dat?”

“You know say that morning wey that nurse come here, na becos somebody go shine her curry for night when NEPA take light?”

“What nonsense talk is that?”

“That igbo seller, dat one wey resemble agama lizard. I hear am dey tell all those boys for bus stop sey he go nyash de nurse for night. On top of dat, her boyfriend dey pay am money make him shut up him mouth. I see de man count plenty money give am.”

“Tufia!”

“Dat fine nurse. No wonder she dey cry. For dat kind jaguda preek to enter him body. Broda, if you hear as him talk am. E say him nack am sotey she begin speak hausa.”

Achike thought about what he had just heard. Nurse Josephine had been searching for something evidently when she was there that morning. She also broke down and cried in front of him. What sort of bad luck did he have like that in that compound? After all the time he spent pursuing her, it was Wasiu that ended up cultivating the land. That was how he pursued Maya until someone else made her pregnant. They took the good ones and left him that old cow that nearly took his life.

“He say him turn am front and back fifty times. He say he put him preek for all the hole for him body. He say him –”

“Enough!”

Chisco scratched his head and paced the room. Achike folded his arms and started into his open bale. They both did not like what was happening. Then Chisco spoke up.

“Broda, him say he go go nack am again dis night. He say nurse go dey wait for am becos nurse no get choice. De one wey pain me pass be say one of de boys come say him too wan follow nack de nurse, Wasiu come gree. So two agbero boys dey plan to come nack nurse dis night."

“We cannot let that happen.”

“At all.”

“We should warn her.”

“No, bros. Make we no do like dat. If she know say we don know, she go come dey shame. I no want make dat kind tin do am. My spirit don dey tell me say na she I go marry.”

“Thunder fire your spirit dia.” Achike said with his eyeballs bulging as his temper swelling.

“Ah ahn, broda…”

“Is that what you came to Lagos to do? I am here thinking about how you can have a future, instead of your spirit to show you how to make money, it is showing you woman to carry.”

Chisco studied his brother. Achike looked away and continued what he was doing as realization slowly hit Chisco.”

“Bro…oh!”

“Ngwa, bring my money.”

“You too like de nurse?”

“Chisco, what you need in your life is focus. If you had stayed a little longer, you could have sold more. But busybody made you to pack your things and run away.”

“Don’t worry broda. Dat jaguda no go touch that gal again. I no be Ogbu Agu, the vigilante king for nothing. Since I come here, na only dat nurse come welcome me like better person, and I been tell am say if she need me to do anything for am make she tell me. I know say she no go fit tell me dis one, but as God don make me know wetin dey happen, make I see where Wasiu go pass go shine the curry this night.”

Later that evening, the men were outside discussing the start of the European football season and the transfer window.

“You see that Fred wey Man U buy? You see as the guy dey vex for match?”

“I swear. E come resemble one Ette like dat. Mkpoikanna broda.”

“I gree. Make e resemble me. We dey win the league.”

“Which league? Mourinho no dey last till December. E don already dey complain about everything.”

“Third season syndrome. He picks a fight with everyone in his third season at every club after he has extended his contract so that he gets sacked and leave with a huge compensation. Criminal.”

“He knows he can’t win again this season. It’s as simple as that. His methods have become archaic. Who would have thought that it would happen in this life that Chelsea will be playing attractive football and Man U parking the bus?”

“Sarriball. Won’t work in the premier league. Not with the speed of the football played there. You can bamboozle people with all that intricate stuff in Europe because the football there is more about tactics. But in England, you must run. The runners win the ball."

“They said the same of Guardiola. See him now. Sarriball is an upgrade on Guardiola's style. The man himself acknowledges that.”

“Guardiola is successful because he has a billion pound squad. Let him go to Burnley and coach them to play like that. Same for Sarri at Chelsea. Good players will always win you things.”

“Not true. Man U has spent in excess of 700million pounds since Sir Alex left and the best they have managed is a second place finish in the league.”

“They won the Europa league.”

“Everyone wins the Europa league!”

“Abeg una see as dem disgrace Arsenal? Chai. Peter Cech don finish!”

“Abeg comot. It is not overnight. The new coach needs time.”

“Conte did it in his first season. This fine boy manager no better pass Wenger.”

“Conte changed things after they got trashed by this same Arsenal. That loss to City may be a good thing. Watch out for the Gunners against Chelsea this weekend.”

“Can’t wait for the Seria A to start joor. The GOAT has changed address.”

“Abeg I no wan hear this GOAT matter again. Buying a thirty-three year old and paying him five hundred thousand pounds a week is desperation that borders on stupidity. It doesn’t matter whether he is a goat or donkey. It will only take one bad injury and you are done for.”

“Medical tests prove Ronaldo to have the body of a twenty year old. The guy is a machine. No athlete takes care of his body like he does. It is a risk worth taking. Juventus for the champions league this year anyone?”

“So you people have forgotten about our senators already? It is the footballers who cannot change your life you are talking about?”

“They can change our lives. I have changed betting company for this season. I know a lucky company.”

“Tell me abeg.”

“Adams Oshiomole is desperate for Saraki to be impeached.”

“Please my people, Is this the same Oshiomole, the former labour leader, champion of human rights who is now talking and behaving like the hedonistic gerontocrats we have been used to? I saw him dancing in Ikot Ekpene with Akpabio. Let us even forget the fact that he looked like a tortoise standing upright, the man has completely lost the disposition that endeared him to the masses of this country who first hoped that Edo State will be a stepping stone to something bigger for the emancipation of the poor.”

“It is the fault of his new wife.”

“How is that?”

“An ugly man married to a woman that beautiful will always run mad. He will do everything to want to appeal to her, including taking on a legitimately handsome man like Saraki. It is inferiority complex.”

“I have never heard anything so preposterous.”

“Guys, leave his wife out of this mbok. Our ruling party is derailing. It is a cause for concern.”

“It is not. It is a good pointer as to how we should vote next year. Get your PVCs my people.”

While this went on, Chisco was on the lookout for Wasiu. He saw Wasiu sneak into the compound as darkness fell, and then moments later he watched him go back out to where Mama Akunna used to sit and sell her ogogoro. He carried his knapsack. Clearly, it was time for him to also sell his igbo. Chisco noticed that Wasiu was not comfortable out there as Mama Akunna used to be his foil. True to her words, Mama Akunna had that morning received a truckload of firewood - her new line of business. Wasiu on the evidence of what Chisco was seeing would have to remain in his room and serve his clients from there. The disadvantage of that was that he did not have the time to take to his heels when the law enforcement came. Selling in his room was why he spent all the time he did in jail.

Chisco kept Wasiu within his sight all night. Then as people began to retire to their rooms one after the other, another man whom he recognized from earlier in the day at the motor park walked into the compound and sat with Wasiu. Chisco saw him bring out two small bottles of alomo bitters and handed one to Wasiu. They both drank and began to laugh wildly. Then the newcomer began to rub his crotch. Chisco knew the time was near. Unsure of how to proceed, he decided to go up to the nurse’s floor first for surveillance.

He was not happy that the door was left ajar. He reached for the handle to close the door properly but then thought that that would not be enough. She would only be safe with the door locked. He knocked and waited. No response. He knocked again.

Josephine knew he would come back. Why wouldn’t he? But why was the idiot knocking? She kept quiet and waited. She surprised herself by how quickly she got wet already! All by him knocking! She would ignore him. If he knew how he came in before, he would do same again. She turned and lay on her stomach. And then when she heard him open the door she involuntarily went on all fours and then lowered her elbows, leaving her massive ass pointing to the ceiling.

There was power that night. Even though she did not put on any lights, the reflection from the bulbs outside made her room sufficiently lighted for Chisco to recognize what he saw as he entered the room. His heart rate increased as he went close.

“Nurse, nurse, you no lock your door." He managed to say.

“Shut up and fvck me” she said.

TO BE CONTINUED.

29 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.