Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1317644 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
Youngzubi! My man...Go ahead jare. You know the drill na... Justlet them know it's one coconut head called Centino that did that.

you welcome back boss man,thank you for giving me go ahead,jah bless

we dey await update brotherly Atleast make nairaland begin dey fun again

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
Centino abeg me dey ask of permission too to post via Facebook

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2018
WAACUT:
Centino abeg me dey ask of permission too to post via Facebook

No probs. Same condition.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Cregon: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
� I feel like shouting.... #welcome back bro...

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
Welcome back Centino, Pele didn't know you were ill. Trust you're good now....yes?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
Choi my man is bk I'm so happy. Welcome bk bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ubiquitousade(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
Centino:
Hello everyone. I'm back now so it's BAU from here on out.

Pinkberry5, Ann2012, okafor200 - baba olowo the long prick (jeez man!) grin, nikz, Damian077, beautygboel, nnachuks, Kaycee9242, 2Lynx, Chichaope, Onetop, Poisonivy01 wink, tayot1...Thank you for the well wishes. It means a lot.

For those shouting update! update!! and not minding whether or not I don chop, May it be because of you that Seun will share some of his billions with us grin.

adeniyi65, Freeeanijor, LabUdegbe, Cregon, Austine567...nice to have you guys on board. I'm sure you appreciated the break so you could catch up grin

And to my homegirl jagugu88li. Elated you stopped by. Caught up now?

Youngzubi! My man...Go ahead jare. You know the drill na... Just let them know it's one coconut head called Centino that did that.

Can't wait to drop the next update. It's cooking already. Any moment now...

Yippeeeeee,

Welcome back... Just so glad that you are back.

How hustle? I hope say you dey get money (olamide)

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MrMacinterchi1: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
And he is back! Bro, I hope that ur hustle made off well for u? Welcome back Sir CENTINO.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Teehsticckz(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
Welcome back Boss Centino!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by twokayeighteen(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
update........ oooo

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tayot1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
Welcome back Centino. You are a good man cool

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by rosalieene(f): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2018
where is the update na

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2018
Centino.. Wetain dey happen.. U go osun state?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
Centino Come ikeja Under Bridge Around 11pm Me And Some Of My Friends Want To Discuss Something With You..Come Alone O

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
WAACUT:
Centino.. Wetain dey happen.. U go osun state?

grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
rosalieene:
where is the update na

Babe, na today. Wednesday and Sunday na my days.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
sheycrown:
Welcome back Centino, Pele didn't know you were ill. Trust you're good now....yes?

Wasn't unwell darling. I go hustle wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
ubiquitousade:

Yippeeeeee,

Welcome back... Just so glad that you are back.

How hustle? I hope say you dey get money (olamide)

Very rewarding. Before I switch off from social media to focus you suppose know say e go worth my while smiley

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
Smazlexander:
Centino Come ikeja Under Bridge Around 11pm Me And Some Of My Friends Want To Discuss Something With You..Come Alone O

Hahahahaha

No worry before then you go change your mind.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sheycrown(f): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
Centino:

Wasn't unwell darling. I go hustle wink

Chai! Sorry....na the orisirisi I dey see for this our katakata street ni. Ma binu abeg. It's good to have you back though. Hope you brought back plenty cash sha

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
Centino:

Hahahahaha

No worry before then you go change your mind.
Mention Me For The update First Maybe I Fit Change My Mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2018
AKUNNA

They found him seated in front of an empty stall at the end of Katakata street. He supported his chin in his palm while his elbow rested on his knee. He seemed contemplative.

“Don’t go near.”

“We should have brought a chain.”

“He cannot overpower all of us. Let’s go in and get him.”

“I said we should have brought a chain. I don’t have any waist for somebody to come and break for me with wrestling style.”

“What nonsense are you people saying?” Akunna spoke up.

“Eh ehn! Hold it. we know you are still crazy. Don’t just start.”

“Has the ambulance arrived? You people should have waited for it to come first.”

“Now wait wait wait. Ambulance for what?”

“We want you to go and continue your John Cena at Yaba Left.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Akunna said.

“The one I don’t even understand is how much better his English has become since he went mad.”

“I will forgive you for that statement because I recognize your ignorance. But I am not mad.”

“Which normal person will do what you have just done, Akunna?”

“What did I do?”

“Your mother, Akunna.”

“What I did with my mother is between she and me. I am fine.”

“Otio!”

“You are wasting your time and will be wasting your resources by sending me anywhere.”

“That is what you said before.”

“I meant it then and I mean it now.”

“You have incapacitated your mother. Surely you must understand how we see you now.”

“I repeat. My mother knows why I have done what I have done. I will not touch any of you so you need not worry.”

“Don’t listen to him o.”

“Know also that you have no right to do what you are doing. I am an independent adult. Because we live in the same compound does not give any of you any authority over me. I can subject myself to medical analysis if that will make you people happy. And I can assure you I will be allowed to go home immediately. It has already happened. But there is no point. I am Okay.”

“You assaulted and battered your mother. If you are not sick then you are a criminal. Battery is a crime.”

“Alright. Have me arrested then.”

“We will not. We believe you are unwell. We knew you before now. You would faint at the mere sight of your mother. Now you pick her up like doll baby and fling her and twist her bone like titus fish. You even sound different. How will you blame us for wanting to have you committed? We want to help you.”

“Well, thanks. But I do not need help.”

“You have changed, Akunna. Allow us to help you.”

“The only help you can render to me is for you to mind your business if you will not arrest me.”

“Your actions…”

“My wife and children and dead.”

“We know that but…”

“Go out to work and come back and find five dead bodies belonging to your entire family and let’s see how you will act.”

“Akunna, we sympathise with you. We cannot truly say we know how you feel but we have seen and heard about tragedies. But we have not heard of anyone turning their mother into a punching bag because they suffered loss.”

“Is it your punching bag?”

“Akunna…”

“Gentlemen, I recognize that you mean well. But you are wasting your time. If you will not do your civic duty by arresting a mother beater then do the next best thing which is to mind your business. I can assure you that I will not cross paths with any of you. This is a family matter.”

“So you mean you will continue to use your mother for John Cena but not us?”

“It is a family matter.”

Mr Zubi called the men aside.

“What do you guys think?”

“Akunna knows his mother killed his wife and children and wants to beat her to death. Please let’s encourage him.”

“You are not supposed to be here Efe.”

“Is it with those pot bellies and creaking bones you want to restrain a madman? I am an agile youth who has offered himself. But listening to Akunna now, I want to call Ndifreke to bring his keke and I will pay to take Akunna back to the compound to finish off that witch.”

Turning to the others Mr Zubi said, “As much as I like to believe Akunna is sick, he sounds rational enough.”

“Yes he does.”

“So what do we do?”

“Let us keep his mother away from him. Let’s talk to Esther. She lives alone. She should be able to accommodate Mama Akunna for a few days then we send her back to the village.”

“I agree.”

“What about the baby? She is in no condition to nurse an infant.”

“I will ask my wife to look after it until Mama is better. We need each other now.”

“So we leave Akunna alone?”

“Everyone should just be guarded. Tell your wives and children to be careful when he is around. I trust that you men can look after yourselves.”
“Alright.”

Mama Akunna’s eyes flickered open. She was unable to move her limbs. She was disappointed that she awoke.

“I never die?”

“No Mama, you never die. The blood of Jesus that speaketh better things than the blood of Abel has redeemed you."

“I wan die. Make I kuku die. Give me dat Abel blood.”

“Do not blaspheme mama. You are a new creature. We are in a covenant of life. He has shown himself mighty in your life.”

Mama Akunna looked up and saw that a group with many anxious eyes surrounded her. Sister Esther had raised an alarm when she shook Mama Akunna in the morning and got no response. Some compound members including Castro rallied and prayed for Mama Akunna.

“Make I die make Akunna happy. After I don suffer all de suffer wey I suffer for am, Akunna come dey use me do champion. Make I die!”

“You will not die but live and declare the works of the Lord in your life.”

“Amen!” the group chorused.

“Now what we have to do is to take you to the hospital mama.”

“No!”

“Don’t be stubborn. There is nothing more I can do. I have been pressing your body with hot water but it is not effective."

“Who tell you say e no effective?” With that, Mama Akunna with every ounce of strength she could muster gathered herself and staggered to her feet. Sister Esther was swift to her side as vertigo swayed her. She grimaced, howled, and then supported herself with her hands on her thighs. “I no go go hospital. Shebi you say Jisos dey make person well? Now wey I don be him pikin make him helep me to well. Wey my pikin?”

“He is with Mrs Zubi. You could not take care of it.”

Irikefe watched the others disperse. They all headed back to the compound. He turned and watched Akunna who was still deep in contemplation. He moved closer.

“Mr Akunna.”

Silence.

“Mr Akunna can I sit?”

Silence.

“I know why you are beating up your mother.”

Akunna still kept his eyes on the horizon and stroked his chin, akin to the way The Undertaker stroked his beard in contemplation.

“You know that your mother killed your wife and children.”

Akunna then stopped short and glared at Irikefe.

“Calm down Mr Akunna. Your mama na winch and you want her to die by your hands.”

Akunna remained quiet.

“It’s brilliant bros. All I will say is that you don’t need to strenuously affirm that you are sane, so that when it happens you will hide under insanity.”

Akunna still said nothing.

“You need help now bros. She will move in with someone in the compound meaning you can’t do with her as you please. But this is a job you must finish. You know what she is capable of if you let her survive. I will help you.”

“What do you think will be the outcome of this faceoff between Jagaban and Ambode?”

Irikefe was taken aback. But he would play along.

“They will finally settle. Everybody enjoys a second term. Ambode will get it.”

“I doubt. He did not only cross the Jagaban, but he also crossed the small people with his decision on the PSP thing. He took away their chop money. See all the dirt on Lagos roads? It is deliberate.”

“Erm, well whatever. We have our own problems.”

“And during sallah, instead of the four hundred rams Tinubu and Fashola used to give the Islamic council he sent only forty.”

“Bro Akunna…”

“Now they are rushing Omisore in Osun…you see life? A man Oshiomhole called a murderer. Now the same Oshiomole went and offered him a seat in the senate plus hundreds of millions of naira to back the APC candidate. The other day it was Atiku going over to his house to canvass for support for the PDP. I want to be like Omisore when I grow up.”

“You can’t be sure of some of these things Bro Akunna. What you can be sure of is that I will be there if you need help to get to your mother. You must avenge your wife and children.”

Akunna glared at him and then said “Will Smith turned fifty yesterday. Brother, Will Smith is fifty. I must be an old man now.”

The deserted block of stalls where Akunna sat was by a bush track that led to the wharf. All the while, they paid no attention to the passersby; then suddenly Irikefe started. He made a sealed lip sign and took Akunna by the hand and led him inside one of the stalls that was overgrown with grass. Akunna tried to make out the voice that piqued Irikefe’s interest.

“I can’t come any further because I don’t want to be seen.”

“Ok I understand.”

“Go. Bring all my clothes."

"So you are not coming back?"

"Not anytime soon."

"I understand."

"Oya. hurry. I will wait here."

Irikefe stole out and watched Castro jogging back towards the compound.

Castro was helping Wasiu. Wonders.

"Is that not Zubi's son?" Akunna said.

"It is. He is helping Wasiu who is wanted for almost rendering someone blind."

"Oh..."

"I have to go now Mr Akunna. Think of what I said."

"Irikefe."

"Yes?"

"Get me a gun. I want to use a gun."

Irikefe thought for a moment and said: "That can be arranged."

TO BE CONTINUED.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Cregon: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
Plenty love bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Centino Olohun On gba Lori Gan You Still No Mention Me But I Have Change My Mind No Come Again But Try Mention Me For The Next Update

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
For Akunna seems to have suffered so much violence and so has chosen to seek revenge violently.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by AmaUwana(f): 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2018
nyc story make dat wicked mama catch fire

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
grin Centino!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

I just pray what Irikefe is planning together with Akunna doesn't backfire on him.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sustainee(m): 6:15am On Sep 27, 2018
AkUNNA u no fear d return of ya mama......i swear akunna don beat born aqain out of mama akunna

.....oga Centino weldone boss

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by excelmerry: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2018
Mama Akunna want Abel blood. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by gabi98(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2018
I have been wondering when you'll return from your hiatus. I'm glad you returned with a bomb.
Thank you Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2018
welcome bck centino baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.