Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed (20519 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time / Why World Cup Final Group Games Are Played Simultaneously / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by 247frolic(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2017
FIFA have provided an explanation as to why the back to back World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie between Nigeria and Cameroon was moved to Thursday the 31st of August and Monday the 4th of September respectively.

Nigeria presently lead group B of their group with four points more than second placed Cameroon, who are one point ahead of Zambia in third while Algeria occupies the basement of the group with one point.

Leadership of the group is looking like a straight battle between Nigeria and Cameroon, and the tie which will most likely decide who leads will be in the next round of matches.

The double header tie was originally billed for the 1st and 5th of September respectively but FIFA announced on their official website that the games have been moved for reasons bothering on television broadcast.

Toyin Ibitoye the press officer of the senior national team of Nigeria said, the reason FIFA gave for moving the games to week days is to give the game the much needed television broadcast based on the demands of the right owners of the broadcast.

Also the game in Nigeria will be played at 7pm‎ Nigerian time as opposed to the usually 4pm or 5pm that most games involving the Super Eagles are usually played.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/07/nigeria-vs-cameroon-fifa-explains-why.html

cc lalasticlala

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Yeligray(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2017
Never send a whiteman(coach) to do a blackmans job(coach).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by faithugo64(f): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I wish them well sha grin

Naija football giving men high BP since 2010

I miss KANU and okocha era

I miss keshi the Boss

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Kirchhoff01(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
I dislike foreign coaches.. .We still got competent people for the JOB.. .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by bastien: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Match fixing thingy

Those footballers know say football no get pension
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by slimpoet11(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay.. Next
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by macpetrus(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
I smell Rat

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by mayorjosh(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
They should just win!!!

If they can pick all three points in Uyo and draw in Yaoundé, we already have nine toes in the World Cup already. They should just focus and should not fucc up the way they did against South Africa

No afonja here
No ipob here
No aboki here

Up suer eagles!
Up Nigeria!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by OMOTOWO(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why dem no shift am go July 28th next year?as in after world cup..we no go kuku qualify

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by cecekay(f): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Antoinemercer: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by julioralph(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don't care about the dates,
Rohr should better recall Moses and co... for his own good.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Football? hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by exlinklodge: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
no need self

Nigeria will lose anyway
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by fairprincekenzy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
I smell match fixing grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by ladyF(f): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay.

Click like if you think Nigeria will top the group, share if you think Cameroon will top the group. grin

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by tobillionaire(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
coconut fall on FIFA grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Albert0011(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Super eagles must qualify 4 Russia 2018...hit like if u truly believe it.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Chikelue2000(m): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
exlinklodge:
no need self

Nigeria will lose anyway
abeg tell conte n Chelsea make them resume ore season, I just tire to even watch enyimba talk more of super chickens
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by manchester1: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don hear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by manchester1: 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
I don hear and all I need is a win thus time around for the sake of Nigeria and our tickets
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Mavinkent(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nice
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by moses93(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
I know that we'll not qualify for the tournament despite the four points lead. up Cameron or Algeria.

modified:::
Nigerian football is just like arsenal football, they will be toping the log from the beginning but fumbles when its time to select men from boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by TRUTH2020: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
GOD ABEG MAKE CAMEROON WIN AMEN,zoo dont worth any surport
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by moses93(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
TRUTH2020:
GOD ABEG MAKE CAMEROON WIN AMEN,zoo dont worth any surport
no need praying about that, Cameron will beat the hell out of zoopa zoogle.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Fabulous7(m): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
OMOTOWO:
Why dem no shift am go July 28th next year?as in after world cup..we no go kuku qualify
If you believe dis guy is suffering from low self esteem,hit like button

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by olarwarleh(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
tobillionaire:
coconut fall on FIFA grin
Banana fall on you
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by chinchum(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
6 points in the next two games means we are in russia 2018. It is achievable.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Bimpe29: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Be that as it may, the change in the dates will be a blessing in disguise for The Nigerian Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by olarwarleh(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
moses93:
I know that we'll not qualify for the tournament despite the four points lead. up Cameron or Algeria.

modified:::
Nigerian football is just like arsenal football, they will be toping the log from the beginning but fumbles when its time to select men from boys.
Yeye dey smell for your head

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: FIFA Explains Why World Cup Qualifiers Date Was Changed by Runaway: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Fitness is what I see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adenuga Gives Eagles $1M, Keshi $200,000 / Vincent Enyeama Finally Returns To Action For Lille / Tammy Abraham Ready To Accept England To End Debate Over International Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.