Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,944 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:59 AM

Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems (4805 Views)

You Have Failed Us - Northern Elders To Buhari Over Insecurity / Don't Resign - Yoruba Elders To Osinbajo / Nnamdi Kanu: 419 Okorocha Belongs To IBB Gay Cult; Killed White Man, Dad Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by lightblazingnow(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2017
Shut Up!!! You Are The Cause Of ALL Our Problems - Northern Elders Attack Ex-Military President, Ibrahim Babangida

https://www.nairaland.com/3832209/there-nothing-like-vision-founding

The Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has called on former Military Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, to keep shut, because he lacks the morals to talk about restructuring.

The group blamed Babangida and the Military, for allegedly throwing the nation into its current state, which has led to the subsequent rise of agitation for restructuring.

Speaking to Leadership Newspaper in an exclusive telephone interview, the Spokesman of NEF, Ango Abudllahi, argued that Babangida and the Military in general, are responsible for factors that gave rise to current agitation for restructuring.

The attack came on the heels of Babangida’s Sallah message, in Minna, the Niger State capital, on Monday, where he called on President Muhammadu Buhari, to restructure the country immediately, in order to end the current flames of agitations across the federation.

While speaking, Anglo said: “It is they, the Military, and General Babangida in particular, that promoted the fracturing of the Nigerian State, through the political creation of divisions based on ethnic or regional basis. Therefore, the problem Nigeria has in terms of restructuring, had been created by the Military, and he was right at the peak of it.

“So, If he wants restructuring, he should be humble enough to go back to the only structure we have in the independence which is regions, because the Military created all this bit and pieces of States that are responsible for the problems we are having now.”

The NEF, insisted that any genuine effort for restructuring, should attempt to holistically correct what it referred to as the ‘mistakes of Lord Lugard’.

“I want restructuring to take care of the mistakes Lugard made in 1914, because the argument is, he made mistake through the amalgamation of the North and the South”, Abdullahi added.

He insisted that the restructuring should take cognizance of the fact that what Lord Lugard did by amalgamating the nation in 1914, was a mistake, and hence should be addressed.

Abdullahi, said once that is done, the “South will take care of the restructuring that is best suited to it, and the North will do same”, adding that, “if we cannot correct Lugard’s mistake, we should go to 1960 and the regions – there were only three of them – they should go as regions.”

http://www.post-nigeria.com/just-in-shut-up-you-are-the-cause-of-all-our-problems-northern-elders-attack-ex-military-president-ibrahim-babangida/

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by mirabel001(f): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2017
no oo.....d original cause is nnamdi kanu ohamadike...
ndi ara

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by obataokenwa(m): 9:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Very good. I've said it always, until we begin to avoid this old men and don't allow them dictate anymore for us, then division and ethnicity won't just die away.

South east got alot of youths, but they so much depend on godfatherism and depend on a party to vote someone instead of checking out the persons pedigree and what he can offer

South west has not awoken from Awolowo preaching of regionalism. They so much believe a man's idea and one begin to wonder that this zone got the most well educated people in Nigeria but they depend on a man's opinion to decide who will rule them wether good or bad.

Northern state, I've watched how sheep's and cows are being controlled, that's exactly how Hausas reason and behave. No single will power. If it's not Hausa man contesting, every other person is a traitor and everyone related to him should be killed.

Until the various youths sit down and check people's life and what they can offer devoid of ethnicity, then we will never go far as a country

7 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by patval(f): 9:35am On Jul 01, 2017
I wonder how this almajiri became Prof. all his suggestions still fall into 'restructuring' and he still attack the word 'restructuring'.
Instead of him to profer the type of restructuring the North desires, he is busy castigating IBB who am sure that all he did as military president were the biddings of the same north.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by fastjett: 9:38am On Jul 01, 2017
You can not hide the truth for too long, now the truth is coming out gradually I thought they said its an Igbo man that is the problem of Nigeria.
Is Igbo man no longer the problem again confuse people everywhere. Make I hear Afonja and Mallam say Igbo man is the problem of this country.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by Dujardin(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2017
This is a sensible fulani man tackling the root

I have always said that the South and the North has nothing in common. Lord Lugard just started the whole bull c_rap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by fiizznation: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2017
“I want restructuring to take care of the mistakes Lugard made in 1914, because the argument is, he made mistake through the amalgamation of the North and the South”,

This is deep and this is what I expect every right thinking elder in the north should stand on. The issue should be beyond just 'opportunistic restructuring, calls. You can't just say we should restructure this or that thing because you want that thing to Favour only you. Neah is never done that way

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2017
fiizznation:

“I want restructuring to take care of the mistakes Lugard made in 1914, because the argument is, he made mistake through the amalgamation of the North and the South”,

This is deep and this is what I expect every right thinking elder in the north should stand on. The issue should be beyond just 'opportunistic restructuring, calls. You can't just say we should restructure this or that thing because you want that thing to Favour only you. Neah is never done that way

Sense fall on you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by BigBlackCat: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2017
So, these northerners get sense like this before?
Na wha o

I also wish we could go back to the old regional government where there is healthy competition among the region's
That's what gave birth to development in all the regions

This state government of a thing is just an avenue to chop the money and clean mouth

My simple contribution is....
Regionalized the nation into 4 (I.e North, East, West and South South) and give each region resource control

That is the time we would know who our real enemies are

5 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by fiizznation: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Sense fall on you
Aeroplane fall on you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by mightyhazell: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2017
BigBlackCat:
So, these northerners get sense like this before?
Na wha o

I also wish we could go back to the old regional government where there is healthy competition among the region's
That's what gave birth to development in all the regions

This state government of a thing is just an avenue to chop the money and clean mouth

My simple contribution is....
Regionalized the nation into 4 (I.e North, East, West and South South) and give each region resource control

That is the time we would know who our real enemies are
north,..1 region,..south 3 regions

U get brain?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by naijagobetter(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2017
patval:
I wonder how this almajiri became Prof. all his suggestions still fall into 'restructuring' and he still attack the word 'restructuring'.
Instead of him to profer the type of restructuring the North desires, he is busy castigating IBB who am sure that all he did as military president were the biddings of the same north.
the old fo*l is seeking relevance in the sharing formular wen we go back to pre1914 or 1960 as the case maybe. Old man.
Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by policy12: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Northern people don't dey get mind o see as dem dey talk to a whole Babangida.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by mightyhazell: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Are you sure.... Modathh and omenkalivves? Nope I don't believe.
u can take ds info 2 d bank.

The guy is a clowns' clown!

Sb dat keeps singing d 'am 4m benue' stanza, but u will neva see him contributing meaningfully to any benue thread,but lives permanently on igbo threads,..using over 45 handles(modat inclusive)

A clowns' clown i'd say.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by alcmene: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2017
Nnamdi kanu has made the zoo dwellers to identify who's responsible for their predicaments.

Before kanu's emergence, Afonjas were shamelessly attaching themselves to the Hausas.

But the moment kanu came on board, Hausas rejected Afonjas and labeled them "ungrateful back-stabbers "

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by praxisnetworks: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2017
mightyhazell:
u can take ds info 2 d bank.

The guy is a clowns' clown!

Sb dat keeps singing d 'am 4m benue' stanza, but u will neva see him contributing meaningfully to any benue thread,but lives permanently on igbo threads,..using over 45 handles(modat inclusive)

A clowns' clown i'd say.

Dreadful

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by mightyhazell: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2017
policy12:

Northern people don't dey get mind o see as dem dey talk to a whole Babangida.
wait till d day dem go descend on buhari himself,..

U think dey are happy being hungry n dejected?

Hunger dey respect pasn?

The only problem is dat dey hav been brainwashed 2 think dat outside of their kinsmen,nobody can rule Nigeria well,..and gv dem a far better deal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by orisa37: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
The original cause is Cownu, Shekau, Daura and The Caliphate.
Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by nextprince: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
patval:

Almajiri and a prof at the same time, huh? Abeg what exactly is almajiri? Because I'm not understanding.
Meanwhile, the prof-almajiri was a vc of ABU Zaria, a school that has produced many scholars practising both within and outside the country. Some of the eastern scholars passed through that school. Meaning, his signature is on the certificates carried about by many scholars, some from the east.
You are asking how he became prof? Even a professor from the east wrote an open letter to him, and he duly recognised him as a fellow prof.
But if I may ask, what are the conditions required to be awarded a prof?
Pls, use those conditions to strip him of his professorial status.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by patval(f): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
nextprince:

Almajiri and a prof at the same time, huh? Abeg what exactly is almajiri? Because I'm not understanding.
Meanwhile, the prof-almajiri was a vc of ABU Zaria, a school that has produced many scholars practising both within and outside the country. Some of the eastern scholars passed through that school. Meaning, his signature is on the certificates carried about by many scholars, some from the east.
You are asking how he became prof? Even a professor from the east wrote an open letter to him, and he duly recognised him as a fellow prof.
Pls, strip him of his professorial status if you can.
Aren't you ashamed if such a dunce can be a prof in ur country university and still goofed in understand a simple 'restructuring'
smh for you, I hope you ve heard of quota professor?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by nextprince: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
patval:

Aren't you ashamed if such a dunce can be a prof in ur country university and still goofed in understand a simple 'restructuring'
smh for you, I hope you ve heard of quota professor?

Just imagine the English of a non quota professor. Who paid your school fees? grin grin grin
Even illiterates have guts to talk about profs. Keep shaking that head.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by patval(f): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
nextprince:

Just imagine the English of a non quota professor. Who paid your school fees? grin grin grin
Even illiterates have guts to talk about profs. Keep shaking that head.
just be patriot and educate ur almajiri prof what restructuring portends, that is if you aren't almajiri like him

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by GuntersChain(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
if they had joined hands with ogidigborigbo of africa when he was clamouring for resource control by now we wouldn't have had some states which are dormant and waiting for the end of the month to goto abuja and collect allocation which was generated by another state.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by lightblazingnow(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by nextprince: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
patval:

just be patriot patriotic and educate ur almajiri prof what restructuring portends, that is if you aren't almajiri like him
I'm an Almajiri, a proud one at that. But you that is not an Almajiri, what have you achieved for not being one other than coming online and start displaying nothing other illiteracy and incurable ignorance?
A good example of such illiteracy is the inappropriate use of words. What is "just be patriot"? Didn't you learn Parts of Speech? Who taught you English? Even if you don't have English teachers, can't you get good books in English language like Brighter Grammar?

I will advise you to concentrate on your books and pass O'Level English rather than coming online and start writing junks on a whole prof who has attained the highest educational qualification you can ever dream of.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by lightblazingnow(m): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
What
Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by patval(f): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
nextprince:

I'm an Almajiri, a proud one at that. But you that is not an Almajiri, what have you achieved for not being one other than coming online and start displaying nothing other illiteracy and incurable ignorance?
A good example of such illiteracy is the inappropriate use of words. What is "just be patriot"? Didn't you learn Parts of Speech? Who taught you English? Even if you don't have English teachers, can't you get good books in English language like Brighter Grammar?

I will advise you to concentrate on your books and pass O'Level English rather than coming online and start writing junks on a whole prof who has attained the highest educational qualification you can ever dream of.
good to know that you attended almajiri school established by Jonathan , kindly extend that gesture to ur quota prof by giving lecture on the meaning of restructuring, reasons for restructuring and types or forms of restructuring.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by nextprince: 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
patval:

good to know that you attended almajiri school established by Jonathan , kindly extend that gesture to ur quota prof by giving lecture on the meaning of restructuring, reasons for restructuring and types or forms of restructuring.
This illiterate will never cease to amaze me.

Whoever established the Almajiri school I attended is not the issue, the issue is that I'm Almajiri. But what is most important for you is; concentrate on your books and manage to pass O'Level English Language even if your school was established by the Queen of England.
Illiterates delving into issues beyond their mental capacities. It is only illiterates who can't see beyond their nostrils that will be spewing poo everywhere.
Gerrout.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems by Opinedecandid(m): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Including BUHARI!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Stranded Nigerian Soldier Rescued By Some Civilians / Peter Obi's CNN Interview. Reno Omokri's Brutal Reaction. / Stop Portraying Govt As Weak, Jonathan Begs Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.