Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship (30535 Views)

I Finally Quit That Relationship With Irresponsible Girl / 12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / 12 Signs The Man You Are With Is Not Husband Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Driftingking(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2017
There always comes a moment in your life where you meet someone and they mean the world to you till you find out, they are sucking out all your energy.

The signs are always there to tell you, you don’t need to keep hanging on onto that person but unfortunately, we find it very hard to detach ourselves from them till they ruin our lives.

Just in case you don’t know what the signs could be, then here are 12 signs that clearly tells you, you should walk out of that relationship.

1. They Don’t Bring You Any Happiness

Initially, you were very happy with them but these days, it seems when you’re close to them, they rather make you feel sad.

The question you should be asking yourself is, “why hang out with someone who makes you sad?”. If the things he or she does dampens your spirit, then it is time to advice yourself because we all need happiness to brighten up our lives. Anything or anybody that dampens your spirit can equally kill you.

2. They Don’t Bring You Any Value

The value here does not only relate to money but anything that helps push for your progress. If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend that made you stop a business, school, a project etc. just to make them happy, then you should know you’re selling your happiness for them and they don’t bring you any value.

They should share your dreams and help push you to higher heights and so if that fails and you look back and realise since you associated with that particular person, everything of yours is going backwards, then it is time to walk.

3. They Are Negative

If everything you do is not right for you with such a person, then know that it is time to walk before they stample on you.

You tried getting that Masters, they tell you it is not necessary, you tried getting into a business, they tell you, you don’t need that, anything you try your hands on is not right for you, then you should know all they have is negativity and it is time to walk out of that relationship.

4. You No Longer Agree With Their Lifestyle

You were cool together before but all of a sudden, his or her lifestyle changed and they are now into all the negative vices out there you can think of. You don’t need anybody to tell you not to stick around anymore, they could be a bad influence on you.

5. Dealing With Them Is Tiring

If the person in your life is not bringing you any positive any energy and always draining you of the little that you have, then you have to reconsider still being with them.

6. Dishonest And Disloyal

Who wants to be with someone who always stabs them in the back? This is not someone you can trust and shouldn’t even continue associating with them and it doesn’t matter how much you love them, you have to move on.

7. You Stop Caring

If you realise you don’t have time for them anymore, then it is a strong sign your spirit is distancing from them and your body should follow.

8. They Hold You Back

When you realise whenever you want to take that stride, you are unable to because of them, then you should know it is time to ditch them.

9. They Don’t Encourage You

Why do we get into relationships? For a whole especially the motivation but if you’re with this person and they don’t encourage you to do anything with your life, then you’re in the wrong relationship and you need to get out.

10. They Have No Interest In Your Life

It is always about them and nothing about you count. Whether you live or die, that’s not their headache so long as you’re always there to solve theirs. Then you don’t even need to complete this listicle, it is time to walk out.

11. Unequal Effort

If you realise you do all you can to make them happy or solve their problem but they never reciprocate when it is your turn, then you should know you’re not in the right relationship and you need to walk.

12. When They Disrespect You Repeatedly

It is one thing to be disrespected and it is another thing to be disrespected repeatedly. When you realise this has continued too much, then you should know you don’t have to stay for long to go through all that humiliation all the time.

'Onyejeme Chimere Philemon'

http://otownloaded.com/12-signs-time-walk-relationship/

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Daniel2289(m): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nice one.
One like for u.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by duketerry22(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
On point

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by itiswellandwell: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Papiikush: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Listen, the hard truth is sometimes In a relationship, stuff like these are bound to happen.

Sometimes you feel your partner is not bringing happiness and value to you life.

Sometimes you feel they are always negative to every plans you make.

Sometimes you feel they are not honest, they are holding you back etc...

If you keep walking out of relationships because of one reason or the other, you would have gone through about a hundred different relationships before realizing NO ONE IS PERFECT!

I am not saying those attributes listed are not enough to walk out of any relationship but you hardly find a partner who has got all at once.

The only reason(s) I will walk out of any relationship is either Lack of communication, domestic violence or a Cheating partner

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by herkeym001(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
You'll never walk away becos of these yeye signs if you're foolishly in love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Divay22(f): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
Number one does it for me...
My happiness is my number one priority.

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Despacito: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
6 comments and this is already on homepage?
"person know person " at work lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by presented007(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Me It's over between us babe it's not working anymore

Di**ck

9 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by defemie(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
*_Timely Warning To Nigerians!_*

FWD : ��

*"OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has this to tell Nigerians;"*

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than standing up and say we are all Nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions will abandon you when you start killing one another and reject you from running to their countries so be careful. Our 11 year war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal difference and see what we did to our country. The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia, South Sudan and Rwanda. To have a better knowledge of this, please watch the documentary/movie called _"Hotel Rwanda"_ or _"Sometime in April"._ My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. _*You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, igbo, yoruba or hausa.*_ Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."

_PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA AND SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE._

Kindly forward to your contacts until it gets to every Nigerian. God bless you!!! �

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by megabrainz(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
It's very true...they are all facts actually...
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by ladyF(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmm....

Cc: OkwaIfugo Singapore1 3RNEST lipsrsealed

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Karidqueen(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
the best time to walk outta a relationship is when ur heart tells you to.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by SlimHan(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
what love does
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Pvin: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
number 9$10 be like say na mua ka anagwa.

that no 7 though
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Despacito: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Divay22:
Number one does it for me...
My happiness is my number one priority.

Hello girl undecided

Can I get to know you?
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Time to get a new bae, she doesn't reciprocate my gestures. It's one sided

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by holluphemydavid(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nice
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Cholls(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
my brother as a man wey I be the only thing wey u no put for the list(Sex) so far she dey give me steadily no worry I go endure the rest somehow.

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Kizyte(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
I'm in a Relation Ship!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by hollowpot15684(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Driftingking:
There always comes a moment in your life where you meet someone and they mean the world to you till you find out, they are sucking out all your energy.

1. They Don’t Bring You Any Happiness
you need no-one to make you happy

2. They Don’t Bring You Any Value: unless you are a commodity, then you shouldn't expect value from anyone, value yourself and you will be highly valued.

3. They Are Negative: one mans food is another mans poison. negativity to you is positivity to someone else, so change your perspective first.

4. You No Longer Agree With Their Lifestyle: ok you hit the nail.

5. Dealing With Them Is Tiring: its not an exercise, its a relationship and it is designed to be tiring. you both have to work together to innovate.

6. Dishonest And Disloyal: this is a normality. most relationship often encounter this, its no reason enough to walk out.

7. You Stop Caring: This reason make sense.

8. They Hold You Back: truly, this is one of the signs that shows somethings are not meant to be. if they hold you back then you have to walk out.

9. They Don’t Encourage You: do you tell your partner enough?

10. They Have No Interest In Your Life: similar to number 4

11. Unequal Effort: cool cool

12. When They Disrespect You Repeatedly: create a conversation on this topic with your partner, if they turn it to argument and continue to disrespect you during the process, kindly pack your Ghana-must-go and zoom.

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by herkeym001(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cholls:
my brother as a man wey I be the only thing wey u no put for the list(Sex) so far she dey give me steadily no worry I go endure the rest somehow.
Correct guy!

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by helphelp: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Papiikush:
Listen, the hard truth is sometimes In a relationship, stuff like these are bound to happen.

Sometimes you feel your partner is not bringing happiness and value to you life.

Sometimes you feel they are always negative to every plans you make.

Sometimes you feel they are not honest, they are holding you back etc...

If you keep walking out of relationships because of one reason or the other, you would have gone through about a hundred different relationships before realizing NO ONE IS PERFECT!

I am not saying those attributes listed are not enough to walk out of any relationship but you hardly find a partner who has got all at once.

The only reason(s) I will walk out of any relationship is either Lack of communication, domestic violence or a Cheating partner

Even your reasons in some cases don't count

2 Likes

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Papiikush: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
helphelp:

Even your reasons in some cases don't count

an abusive relationship, a cheating partner and someone who goes AWOL for weeks without any credible reason doesn't count?

Be reasonable before quoting me next time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by OrdercityWeb: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe where are you?! undecided
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Bimpe29: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
You just nailed it...
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Abbeyme: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is based on the notion that you never offended or you are the exact opposite and perfect good example of what are being listed
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Thallyheart(f): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pls make una borrow me a very good shoe ... Dis slippers is not helping me I need it like ASAP

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by saabright(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cholls:

Badest guy
Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by 3RNEST(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
ladyF:
Hmmmm....

Cc: OkwaIfugo Singapore1 3RNEST lipsrsealed

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
grin lolx It's GuyF again!! we are readinq my dear grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship by Profkomolafe(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nwa Amaikpe cum air ur view oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies Three Weeks To His Wedding (photos) / Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? / Chioma Abby Zeus Bares All In Completely Nude Photos (+18 Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.