Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,579 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (25248 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Abuzcla: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
Helo evry1, im a newbie whats going on here?
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by mazaje(m): 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abuz©la:

Helo evry1, im a newbie whats going on here?

Abuzo la-la. . . . . . grin grin. . . .Pls come and give us some of your la-la. . . . .
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by alimat2(f): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
@Newbie

Y cant u be real instead of mimicking sum1  elses username
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by nuclearboy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2010
Chairman Abuz,

Wetin happen again? E be like Seun never know say na you gan-gan be NL O. Our number one "tourist attraction"! grin

All we need now is a physical location and a cage so we can charge for "viewing" cheesy
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
Nuclearboy, it is not me o, that poster above me is impersonating me,
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by muhsin(m): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

Nuclearboy, it is not me o, that poster above me is impersonating me,

I am glad to know that. wink
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by alimat2(f): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
This person is fake,not Abuzola we all know,he just want to rubbish Abuzola
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

Wetin happen again? E be like Seun never know say na you gan-gan be NL O. Our number one "tourist attraction"! grin

@commander nuclearboy,

Our own 'Abuzola' (the only 'Abu' + 'zo' + 'lala') does not talk like the newbie 'Abuz@la' - check here and see what the latter said about Islam. .  that sure would make the blood of our resident 'la-la' boil to 1000oC! grin
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2010
Abuzola or Abuz©la which is real which is fake?
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2010
^^If it is not panadol, is just is NOT. grin
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2010
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Abuzcla: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
toba:

Shut up. Im the original ZOLA
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Abuzcla: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
mazaje:

Abuzo la-la. . . . . . grin grin. . . .Pls come and give us some of your la-la. . . . .

Im at ur service

alimat 2:

This person is fake,not Abuzola we all know,he just want to rubbish Abuzola

Dnt Blasphem Woman. I am the voice of one that crieth at the wilderness saying make way for JEHOVA GOD YAHWEH THE ALMIGTHY
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by nuclearboy(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2010
Don't worry, Zola. Its a sign of your super-stardom that they are copying you wink
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

Don't worry, Zola. Its a sign of your super-stardom that they are copying you wink

ITS MY ENEMY
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
Abu Zola:

ITS MY ENEMY
enemy of islam
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2010
Yeah
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
Abu Zola:

Yeah
yeah u re an enemy of islam&God
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by MyJoe: 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
Mohammed is indeed mentioned by name in the Gospel of Barnabas. Here is a portion from Chapter 97.
"Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?" Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: "Wait Muhammad; for your sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make you a present, insomuch that whoever shall bless you shall be blessed, and whoever shall curse you shall be accursed. When I shall send you into the world I shall send you as my Messenger of salvation, and your word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but your faith shall never fail." Muhammad is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God send us your Messenger: O Muhammad, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"

But from its garbled comprehension of Islam to its dating, the gospel of Barnabas is so laughable that if it were a play it would be classified as a farce. I have not the strength to to into it now so I will just reproduce my post from another thread:

I looked up that gospel some time in the past. It is similar to another one called The Gospel according to Islam. In the gospel of Barnabas Mohammed is mentioned by name as the admirable prophet to come after Christ with a message from God. It affirms the major Islamic ideas of Jesus as a servant of God rather than a son. There are many reasons to dismiss this gospel as a "fake" (where "fake" means a gospel that was not written at about the same time as the canonical ones, or one that was written by someone with a clear agenda.) For one thing, there is evidence suggesting that it was written after the 14th century, rather than the first century. One thing is the writing style. Another is its reference to nine heavens, with paradise as the 10th, an idea that was propounded by Dante only in the 14th century. The oldest copies of the gospel are written in Spanish and Italian, not Latin, Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew. Some moslems have latched on to this gospel to show that Jesus preached about Mohammed. Many scholars, including some Moslem ones, are of the view that the gospel should not be taken seriously.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2010
MyJoe:

Mohammed is indeed mentioned by name in the Gospel of Barnabas. Here is a portion from Chapter 97.
"Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called, and what sign shall reveal his coming?" Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: "Wait Muhammad; for your sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make you a present, insomuch that whoever shall bless you shall be blessed, and whoever shall curse you shall be accursed. When I shall send you into the world I shall send you as my Messenger of salvation, and your word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but your faith shall never fail." Muhammad is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God send us your Messenger: O Muhammad, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"

But from its garbled comprehension of Islam to its dating, the gospel of Barnabas is so laughable that if it were a play it would be classified as a farce. I have not the strength to to into it now so I will just reproduce my post from another thread:

why are u stressing urself to enlighten this people, ? they already know the truth, but deny willingly,
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2010
bilms:

why are u stressing urself to enlighten this people, ? they already know the truth, but deny willingly,

@bilms,

Perhaps the reason why there was no need to argue MyJoe's post is because it was plain and simply telling you "the truth" you try to deny. Shall I remind you?

(a)
MyJoe:

But from its garbled comprehension of Islam to its dating, the gospel of Barnabas is so laughable that if it were a play it would be classified as a farce.
Eh, bilms. . do you know what a "farce" is?

(b)
MyJoe: There are many reasons to dismiss this gospel as a "fake" (where "fake" means a gospel that was not written at about the same time as the canonical ones, or one that was written by someone with a clear agenda.)
Lol, bilms. . have you educated yourself on the meaning of "fake"?

MyJoe: For one thing, there is evidence suggesting that it was written after the 14th century, rather than the first century. One thing is the writing style. Another is its reference to nine heavens, with paradise as the 10th, an idea that was propounded by Dante only in the 14th century.
. . bilms - do you have comments to the above?

MyJoe: The oldest copies of the gospel are written in Spanish and Italian, not Latin, Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew. Some moslems have latched on to this gospel to show that Jesus preached about Mohammed. Many scholars, including some Moslem ones, are of the view that the gospel should not be taken seriously
No further comment is necessary - and bilms, if you have seen these, then you would not be wondering who's denying 'truth'.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
Dance of shame ! Lol
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by afiq(m): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2010
Muhammad was fake LOL Blind leading the blind LMAO
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
Smile, say it louder
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by alimat2(f): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
afiq:

Muhammad was fake LOL Blind leading the blind LMAO

Answer not the fool his fooly,lest u become like him

I 4tocopy u signature

Let try and practice what we preach
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2010
tank u plz
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hehehe
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by maclatunji: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2011
I wonder how and why there was a battle between those Christians who believed in One God and those that believed in the concept of Trinity ever before Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was born. This means that the concept of trinity is a big anomaly because coming down from Abraham, Moses and even Jesus to Muhammad (PBUT) they all preached Oneness of God. In all honesty those who believe in the concept of the Trinity cannot deny that their doctrine is largely a political tool and cannot be Justified by the traditions of the Prophets starting from Adam. So if you truly claim to believe in God, you cannot believe in the trinity.

For example, here are the opinions of two of the earlier Christian Clerics Paul of Samasata and Lucian, two former Bishops of Antioch :

"Paul of Samasata was a Bishop of Antioch. He was
of the view that Christ was not God but a man and a prophet.
He differed only in degree from prophets who came before him
and that God could not have become man substantially.
Then we come across another Bishop of Antioch viz
Lucian. As a Bishop his reputation for sanctity was not
less than his fame as a scholar. He came down strongly against
the belief of Trinity. He deleted all mention of Trinity from
the Bible as he believed it to be a later interpolation not found
in the earlier Gospels. He was martyred in 312 A.D."

Source: http://www.islamicbulletin.com

Introduction to

THE
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS
EDITED AND TRANSLATED FROM
THE ITALIAN MS. IN THE IMPERIAL
LIBRARY AT VIENNA
BY
LONSDALE AND LAURA RAGG
WITH A FACSIMILE
OXFORD
AT THE CLARENDON PRESS
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by lepasharon(f): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ poster r u a christian? the gospel of barnabas is demonic!! if it aint in the bible it aint true!! barnabas was a notorious thief in the bible wat gud can come out of him disregard it it is evil!! shocked[
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by lepasharon(f): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nezan:

I just wonder why muslims are always desparately trying to justify their fake prophet from the Bible . . . . BTW, mohammed cannot justify his prophecy without forcing himself into the Bible he claimed was corrupt? cheesy

abi o! Jesus said beware of false prophhets by ur fruit u shall know dem, mohammed was some cooked up lie by d devil 2 deceive many
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Sweetnecta: 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
@lepasharon^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what makes a 'prophet' a false prophet?

what fruit shall he be known by?

please give example of each so that we can know the false prophet and what fruit he brings and known by.

thanks.

if you wish, you can give us example of not 'false prophet and his fruit which he will be known by'.

i do know that jesus is alleged to have spoken those sentences while alive.

did he infer that he meant anyone outside the border of the 12 nations of israel? did he say there will not be any prophet sent to any people even to the whole world for the first time, since jesus was sent to the children of israel, only?

in the above, please use your bible to answer any and all question[s]. jesus knows himself best among mankind.

but God Almighty knows jesus better and if He tell a past or later prophet about jesus, then we have to accept what is provided by that prophet if we believe in God.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Sweetnecta: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
if the christians dont know, they should not say it is not there because they do not see it. after all many christians argue that not everything jesus said was recorded. further, what is recorded is not exactly what he said every time.

proof; a son can say his father is his God, and stop there. he will say that he is the next, hence worship me.
the mother of such a child will be the wife. so if the mother is not the wife and the son of the woman has a God, Who is also the God of the mother, the son can never be His son, while some say he is even the begotten or unique as swaggart said, son.

further, why worship a God if you are God already, unless you are no really God is the correct position?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God / Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.