Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary (28025 Views)

Amaka Ekwo: Nnamdi Kanu Appoints New Press Secretary (photos) / "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts / Charles Eni-Umukoro Remanded In Kuje Prison Over Murder Of Wife, Louisa Eni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Kirigidi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mbediogu:

Sorry for your tribe. I pity the Ijaws and Itshekiris that accommodated a tribe that should not exist in the first place, a tribe of thieves from Okotie Eboh to Ibori. If the Igbo lost relevance, did it go to the Usobo? You remain what are and will continue to be. Wait for Igbo re-strategization. We will join the north and take all your oil.
Take our oil? Join the north to do that? Why not do it alone? Oh I understand, you Igbos already strategizing to pledge final allegiance to remain perpetual slaves of Northerners. Congrats! Igbo is a pitiable tribe with no relevant in modern Nigeria. No one respect them again in Nigeria. What a shame! A supposed majority tribe has been reduced to non-entity.Mr man, you should be very worried about the present status of your slavery tribe. For your information, Urhobo nation is doing fine in Nigeria. It's your Igbo people that are always crying like babies. Tell your leaders to organise serious deliverance programmes to free your tribe from shackles of political slavery in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Mbediogu(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kirigidi:

Take our oil? Join the north to do that? Why not do it alone? Oh I understand, you Igbos already strategizing to pledge final allegiance to remain perpetual slaves of Northerners. Congrats! Igbo is a pitiable tribe with no relevant in modern Nigeria. No one respect them again in Nigeria. What a shame! A supposed majority tribe has been reduced to non-entity.Mr man, you should be very worried about the present status of your slavery tribe. For your information, Urhobo nation is doing fine in Nigeria. It's your Igbo people that are always crying like babies. Tell your leaders to organise serious deliverance programmes to free your tribe from shackles of political slavery in Nigeria.

I will no longer argue with you. I give up on you. Last line - usobos will remain what they are - minor minority when the Isoko nation goes away from you, and very soon. You tried a coup against IBB and chickened off before the show started. You wasted my cousin LT. ECHENDU. You know he had no stake in your affairs, he must be crying in his grave. All your coup leaders ran away. In the end 107 lives were executed because of ungrateful urhobos. No worry, part 2 de cook for una and you will not be helped. I am done with you and will never reply again. Bye.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Kirigidi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mbediogu:

I will no longer argue with you. I give up on you. Last line - usobos will remain what they are - minor minority when the Isoko nation goes away from you, and very soon. You tried a coup against IBB and chickened off before the show started. You wasted my cousin LT. ECHENDU. You know he had no stake in your affairs, he must be crying in his grave. All your coup leaders ran away. In the end 107 lives were executed because of ungrateful urhobos. No worry, part 2 de cook for una and you will not be helped. I am done with you and will never reply again. Bye.
First go help your Igbo tribe that have been reduced to minority status in the Nigerian political cycle and also redeem your battered image! The Urhobo nation is doing fine. We are not complaining as you do. We are blessed.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Dedetwo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
The die is cast. It is no longer a referendum on who wants to be Biafra but who wants to stay in the cesspit called Nigeria. Since the colonial masters never cared to seek the consensus of ethnic nationalities in the amalgamation of northern and southern protectorate, the time has come to settle this crap once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by delishpot: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
jenigurl:

sunshine46(f), delishpot, Rutirexa(f), Ebuka2016(m), MarilynNash(f), misspicy(f), prettyAdaolisa(f), rubsaphy(f), Adanna86(f), purplesummer(f), Beamborla(f), Prettygarllardo(f), Nukualofa, djkaycee001(m), mhizmarch(f), CaraJewel(f), Debbywills(f), Mimienudles(f), SweetieConstie(f), christinnah(f), lilyqueen(f), deb303(f), swaswa1(m), MzPecs(f), prettyjo(f), Idyllic, jennifer10066(f), Wolexdey(m), Taio23(m), brightdv(m), fpeter(f), Jummeee(f), TeejayMaya(m), anthoniaz(f), khaykay15(f), jenigurl(f), oghenetega100(f), amtaken(f), chocolateme(f), Houseofglam7(f), Joygalore(f), Freakypinky(f), layla129(f), niverah(f), Janeify(f), refiner(f), Allsmyles(f), Nimk(f), veralu(f), Nickymezor(f), RomanyChi(f), Tynasparks(f), Misternas89(m), shumuel(m), jboy73, myfantasies(f), MzUkay24(f), mhizenugu(f), Sexina851(f), Bushesbae(f), cindybella101(f), Pinkiedearie(f), Mhizizzy(f), jenchid(f), EllisMorgan(f), aalangel(f), kenonze(f), Cherlene(f) falconey, bouyantbetty, valslove8715, Rhoby, ummeey, Shakeeraw, YTderin, prettyphlake, Honeybash, Idiataqueen, mhizzcutie, Enypie, queenoflafia, jenigurl,Kingtom, kyennygeo73, guchilady, CaroLyner, Salvame, komzybrown, Foxy4luv, eremy, Ichliebedich, Jentilia, honeydear, zinnyprecy, Mizzzbeee, Ayeesharh, Tbells91, Sarimah, beautified, bidexmimi, Cindy222, pweetiedee, thaenchantress, petiteee, shubs, Drkul, serah88, coldplay3813, dominique, PinkBarbie, rheether, serendipityF, Empress2014, princessdairies, shekone(m), tosyne2much(m), amii131, montezz, rmfunky, Faithluv5, jewelbaby55, candycrush, maryhaam, dobiee, Fynpatra, wamenzy, prettythicksme,

LOOK AT THIS ARSEHOLE

WOMAN BEATING IMP, ABUSIVE GORILLA

Dont vex o. Fighting is not good. Pkease forgive and forget.
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by bantudra: 8:27am On Jul 03, 2017
Malawian:

who told you that you will be part of Biafra?

and who told you i want to be part of your useless biafra??...

why adding my area in your crazy maps..??..

you didnt comdemn those that did that map,but now you say you dont want me in your biafra...!..

tahhhh....
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by erumena(m): 11:25am On Jul 03, 2017
Bro @fratermathy, I think we've made our point clear to them. No one is stopping who ever wants to secede from doing so, but dragging others who do not, is wrong!

I know I am not Biafra and can never be.

I am a full blooded Isoko Son!

I wish them well.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Opharhe: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
fratermathy:

You, Mcowubaba and Pazienza keep quoting me as an anti-Igbo. Let me tell you something about humans:

Nobody is born a tribalist. It is something that is learnt, basically from experience or observation. In my state, I had always known Igbos right from nursery school. I grew with Igbos, schooled with them up till university level and still work with them today. I don't have issues with Igbos.

Ever since this Biafran agitation started, Igbos have been going around creating enemies of people due to their uncouth, careless and arrogant statements. One of the most arrogant statement by Biafrans is that the ENTIRE SOUTH-SOUTH is part of Biafra. As an Urhobo, I find such statements offensive to my people and myself. I am not Igbo! I do not speak Igbo! and my people share nothing in common with Igbos! Why then do the Igbos, especially those on Nairaland, go around peddling falsities that the entire South-South (of which Urhoboland is a part of) is part of the Igbo Biafra?

When I started confronting Igbos with civility on this issue, they attacked me, insulted me and my ethnicity, threatened me, stalked me, and made enemies of myself and my people. That is not how to live! Dissenting opinions will always reign even amongst yourselves. Don't expect an entire ethnicity to support your cause just because of proximity with them. You guys should learn diplomacy like my brother, Jerrypolo, said. I know an Urhobo here, Opharhe, who is pro-Biafra well enough. I know of others too. Just because they sympathise with Biafra doesn't mean they have FORCED Urhoboland into Biafra and neither do they intend to. However, how do you expect them to feel when they and their ethnicities are insulted just because we expressed our FREEDOM to REJECT a CAUSE that has NOTHING to do with us? Do you now see how you guys make anti-Biafrans and even anti-Igbos out of pro-Biafrans and indifferent people?

You may think of me as the enemy but I have not done even a quarter of what IGBOS have done on this forum alone. Igbos have issues with every ethnicity but themselves. They'll turn around and harass the minorities that reject their cause, calling them Igbophobic, instead of arguing like sane people. Maybe you guys need to check yourselves very well. All I have done on Nairaland is to tell Igbos and Igbos that Urhobos are not interested in Biafra and I do so with the backings of valid statements by Urhobo leaders. How is that a crime against Igbos? How have I insulted Igbos by defending Urhobo from those who would wage war on us for telling them NO?

Never for once have I insulted Igbos without due provocation. Why don't you guys speak to your online trolls like hammer6, GodisBiafran, Freemancipation, etc, to tone down their hate. Why don't you guys speak against Nnamdi Kanu to tone down his hate and to stop including non-Igboid Southerners to his plans? Why don't you guys speak out on the hate being spread by Igbos online every blessed day?

You guys love to blame Yorubas, Hausas, Urhobos, Itsekiris, etc, for your problems without realising that tthe greatest threat to Ndiigbo are the Nddigbos themselves! Hate me or love me; threaten me or chastise me; call me names or insult my ethnicity; the point has been made that Urhobos are not interested in Biafra. And I WILL CONTINUE MAKING THIS POINT UNTIL IT SINKS IN TO ALL BIAFRANS! I don't go about creating enemies. Never for once have I had issues with Yorubas, Hausa, etc, on Nairaland. Why always Igbos? Search yourselves and deal with your perennial problems before you call others names.
That was a great response. Welldone brother.
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by lafflaff123(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
jenigurl:

it makes you feel like a man right hurting women? insulting them? being mean to them?

seems like over compensation if you ask me.

did you loose something during your militant years? maybe something that used to make you feell ike a man?

you do know impotence is curable right?

arseholeeeeeeeeeeeee

How was your suspension?abi na ban?

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by B2mario(m): 9:23am On Jul 08, 2017
gGGODDd:
Idiotik muthafucka its u nd ur disgraceful tribe no body wants. Apart from d urhobos in delta state other ethnic groups like isoko, ijaw n even d state govnor Arthur Okowa have all denounced ur biafra secession. even d itsekiris u love n trip for have denounced you with so much resentment. Urhobos r friendly pple n fun to be with, errbody knows this Thats y we r well known for producin commedians like "I go die"; social/influential persons like Efe of BBN etc. we r known 4 commedy across d country, we r known to speak d best pidgin english slangs thats y pple luv d way we talk We r full of fun n like my bro u quoted"we only protect whats ours"we dont go abt creatin enemies 4 ourselves. Now ur disgraceful tribe has been given a quit notice to leave northern Nigeria. A humiliation that hav never been melted on any tribe b4. d other 2 major ethnicities (Hausa/Yoruba) hate u Ibos. minor ethnicities still dn't like u:ijaw,itsekiris, isoko. dey all denounced ur biafra with strong resentment especially d urhobos Na we hhate una pass especially me. I HHATE IBOs. ibos currently r d laughing stock of the federation. You want ur country? Ok now leave northern Nigeria n go to biafra U start beggi.ng. its such a shame to b identified as an Ibo. its sucks to bear names like; ikechukwu, obinna,chioma etc. they r now names of d laughing stocks. Its sucks to be U man... I only like fukking ur ibo gals red cunts.

The hatred is it out of bad character or out of envy of their uniqueness, progress and success. An Angas old women once told me that Ndigbo are hated and criticized due to a special aura Igbo has which normally attract people and praises to Igbo. That before civil war, any field you see an Igbo man he is seen as a civilised, special, educated and most intelligent person. And people will be walking up to him, both children, women and the old. so at a time people started becoming envious of this uniqueness. And Yorubas were 1st to start, they started convincing other Nigerians of the evil behind this uniqueness. Criticism against the Igbo here and there. Children of very tender age were told of how Igbo are bad and get too sense(a funny statement; who no get sense?). A child might be talking rubbish about Igbo as told by his parents not knowing that the person he sees as best uncle, best aunty or best teacher is an Igbo.

Yorubas exploited the 1966-1970 to reduced Igbo to nothing (poorest in Africa), taking ownership of all the wealth in Lagos and became the richest tribe in Africa immediately after the civil war. They took control of federal civil service and turned Igbo into a laughing stock.

Today, where are we? the same uniqueness is a special attribute and also their today's savior. God is always alive and will always make way for the oppressed.

Before now I did not believe in Biafra, but bro I'm living in the north and have now come to reality that Nigeria can never be united and progressive as kerosene and water can not mix.

A Muslim can never in life see a Christian as a true friend and allow him to rule over him because they believe you as a Christian is a paganist and have no right to exist. Atimes I question the rational behind this their shout for a united and indivisible Nigeria. Indivisible, yes the call might be true, but United, are we sure the Muslims will ever allow this country to be united?

Their leaders know the truth but are shying away from the truth. I as a Christian have forced myself on them, preached oneness and unity but to no avail. I am afraid!

I still ask, what is the rational and reason behind this their one and indivisible Nigeria. Oga, we need to be very wise and drop the seed of discord sowed into us the southerners by them.

Their religion is very good as it preaches strong unity among them but is it good for someone to judge you and the way you worship your God?

This is a voice of a Christian from the North.

please, Igbo should be allowed to go since 98% of them are Christian.
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by B2mario(m): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2017
allrightsir:

let's see who the ignoramus and illiterate here:

1. Niger state : 29,484 mi²

England : 50,301 mi² (note England is not the same as the UK in case you did not know)

SE (abia +Anambra+Ebonyi+enugu+Imo) = 9446 mi²

2. Biafra will be landlocked since the SS states are all saying they well not part of Biafra, the Efik released a statement the other day, the Rivers people also did citing their experience during Biafran occupation in 67-70 and saying never again and now the urhobos, so where is your access to the sea? anything you make, you have to go through the SS or the rest of Nigeria to export.

3. The North has not exploited it's resources but the resources of the north (not to talk of it's agric potential) far outweighs the South East. In agriculture, 85% of Niger state is arable, it means Niger state alone has 3 times the agricultural land of the whole of the south east . You might do well also to google Nigeria's mineral resources by states before you start making ignorant comments.

Ibos failed to use their brains in 1966 and now they are behaving as if they dont even have one. I have never seen a people so hell bent on self harm, just so they can beat chest.
Yoruba ask God for forgiveness of sin and stop dwelling in it. You are blessed but the problem is that you have not discovered the direction of your blessing. You spend more time and energy being envious and jealous of other people's success than seeking for the direction of your blessing. You hate Igbos due to the success they have attracted, you hated Goodluck Jonathan and failed to support him due to the same envy, that how can a southern minority rule Nigeria twice including the late President Yar'adua remaining 2yrs.

My Yoruba friends have told me countless times that an Igbo man will not rule this country, that Igbos can not have the economic power and still want to hold political power. Economic power who gave them, is it not what they hustled on their own which is still open to everybody?

Yoruba repent from your sins because a jealous and envious man does not go far.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by cumbak60: 10:39am On Jul 08, 2017
Going through this thread, from page one gives more reason not to support Kanu Biafra, except he delete the entire minority tribe in his agenda. Just restrict Biafra to the 5 S'Eastern States plus our brothers, the Aniomas and Rivers Igbo. Concentrate your efforts among the "Bia" speaking tribes. Get the Egbemas, Etches, Asa/Ndokis, and Delta Igbos involved and leave these other tribes, that have not hidden their disdain for Igbos. These guys are full of hate and treachery. I'll support Kanu Biafra the moment he corrects this mistake. Until then, I'm completely against this move.
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by chimeee: 11:34am On Jul 08, 2017
ss &se are one that is how igbo people see it, biafra is that have been and that will still come that will be made of up many ethnic nationality of which the igbo is a part of.

the purpose of referendum is to give people from the ss & se a chance of determining their destiny, to decide whether they will be part or not.

there is no need of the thread above, if u think urhobo will not be part of it, u are free to vote no to biafra during referendum. but I see this as move to cripple the movement of the agitation for the republic of biafra by some elements, but it's an effort to futility
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by chimeee: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2017
some elements are planting the seed of discord between the ss & se, but my igbo brothers can't see this, u guys are dancing to their tune, by now u should know who the enemy is .
Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by chimeee: 11:56am On Jul 08, 2017
B2mario:

The hatred is it out of bad character or out of envy of their uniqueness, progress and success. An Angas old women once told me that Ndigbo are hated and criticized due to a special aura Igbo has which normally attract people and praises to Igbo. That before civil war, any field you see an Igbo man he is seen as a civilised, special, educated and most intelligent person. And people will be walking up to him, both children, women and the old. so at a time people started becoming envious of this uniqueness. And Yorubas were 1st to start, they started convincing other Nigerians of the evil behind this uniqueness. Criticism against the Igbo here and there. Children of very tender age were told of how Igbo are bad and get too sense(a funny statement; who no get sense?). A child might be talking rubbish about Igbo as told by his parents not knowing that the person he sees as best uncle, best aunty or best teacher is an Igbo.

Yorubas exploited the 1966-1970 to reduced Igbo to nothing (poorest in Africa), taking ownership of all the wealth in Lagos and became the richest tribe in Africa immediately after the civil war. They took control of federal civil service and turned Igbo into a laughing stock.

Today, where are we? the same uniqueness is a special attribute and also their today's savior. God is always alive and will always make way for the oppressed.

Before now I did not believe in Biafra, but bro I'm living in the north and have now come to reality that Nigeria can never be united and progressive as kerosene and water can not mix.

A Muslim can never in life see a Christian as a true friend and allow him to rule over him because they believe you as a Christian is a paganist and have no right to exist. Atimes I question the rational behind this their shout for a united and indivisible Nigeria. Indivisible, yes the call might be true, but United, are we sure the Muslims will ever allow this country to be united?

Their leaders know the truth but are shying away from the truth. I as a Christian have forced myself on them, preached oneness and unity but to no avail. I am afraid!

I still ask, what is the rational and reason behind this their one and indivisible Nigeria. Oga, we need to be very wise and drop the seed of discord sowed into us the southerners by them.

Their religion is very good as it preaches strong unity among them but is it good for someone to judge you and the way you worship your God?

This is a voice of a Christian from the North.

please, Igbo should be allowed to go since 98% of them are Christian.
thanks,u have spoken my mind whether ss believe it or not, their interest will be better served in biafra than Nigeria, some of them stay in the comfort of their home with wishful thought of restructuring and some independent of niger Delta, and none of them is making move toward actualization of either of them, and north won't pay attention to their wishful thought, actualising biafra is hard enough for se alone to actualize talk more niger delta, but if we marge force together, it will be easier

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by cumbak60: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
chimeee:
ss &se are one that is how igbo people see it, biafra is that have been and that will still come that will be made of up many ethnic nationality of which the igbo is a part of.

the purpose of referendum is to give people from the ss & se a chance of determining their destiny, to decide whether they will be part or not.

there is no need of the thread above, if u think urhobo will not be part of it, u are free to vote no to biafra during referendum. but I see this as move to cripple the movement of the agitation for the republic of biafra by some elements, but it's an effort to futility
Keep deceiving yourself, until shiit hits the fan. Learn from history. These guys hates you to the extent that they collaborated with Nigerians to exterminate 3 millions of your people. They will repeat it again, and even more, if given the chance. The best you can do to yourself is telling yourself the truth. We don't need them in Biafra. Biafra should be restricted to ani-igbo, whether S'South Igbos or S'East.... Any ethnic group that wants to join should do so by choice... This remain my position. sad

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2017
lafflaff123:

How was your suspension?abi na ban?

arsehole

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Presidential Campaign Council Rejects INEC Postponement Of Election / Edo 2020: Oshiomhole Lauds Supreme Court, Congratulates Obaseki / Lagos Traders Protest ₦600 Million Loss To Ponzi Scheme Matthew Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.