Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

My Cowpea Farm In Kano - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cowpea Farm In Kano (12967 Views)

Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers / Genetically Modified Pod-Borer Resistant Cowpea Approved In Nigeria / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by adescopy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
OluchiDelly:

@ bashman290,
* where in Ibadan pls?
* is it a tractorable land which doesn't involve much stumping?
* is the 20k meant for single ploughing or it covers both 1st and 2nd ploughing? Thanks.
Pls you pple shld not derail this tread, the OP had it opened for cowpea cultivation. If anybody needs to pass different info from this; open another tread biko.
bashman290:
HOW TO START A PROFITABLE CASSAVA FARM BY BOLBASH AND SON NIGERIA ENTERPRISES
1. Get a piece of land e.g 1hectare if u are new to the business or lack of capital @ #12500
2. Hire tractor @ d rate of #20000 per hectare
3. Buy Paraforce powder and Paraforce herbicide @ #4000
4. Spray it on the cultivated land #4000 laborer
5. Buy IITA improved cassava stem #500/bundle, you will need 75bundles per hectare.
6 plant the cassava stem after 10 days u sprayed the herbicides.
7. Go and relax for good 3 monthh or above for second weeding. If you don't make profit with this procedure never believe me again.
8. Note, you have to choose a suitable land and high yield cassava varieties. For land advice, land lease, tractor hire, cassava stem, maize seed and so on call on 07068886619 or email bolbashandson@gmail.com
Pls you pple shld not derail this tread, the OP had it opened for cowpea cultivation. If anybody needs to pass different info from this; open another tread biko.

4 Likes

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
8 days after spraying glyphosate

3 Likes

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Amazing

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good evening all. Today I have decided to increase the size of my farm by 5 hectares. So am going to be planting 8 hectares

2 Likes

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
The new 5 hectares

2 Likes

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by eddyline(m): 3:38am On Jul 10, 2017
when is the planting season for cowpea?

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2017
eddyline:
when is the planting season for cowpea?
It depends on the variety actually. The one am going to use it's the late variety, usually planted late july/ early August

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by adescopy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yildiz:
8 days after spraying glyphosate
great but this land look sandy or am I mistaking, are u planning to use fertilizer
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
adescopy:
great but this land look sandy or am I mistaking, are u planning to use fertilizer
From my research cowpea prefers Sandy loam soil. Also am going to use single super phosphate

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by adescopy(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2017
Yildiz:

From my research cowpea prefers Sandy loam soil. Also am going to use single super phosphate
ok. pls carry us along with names and pictures of the seed and chemicals thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
adescopy:
ok. pls carry us along with names and pictures of the seed and chemicals thanks.
Will do Sir. I am getting the seed this weekend hopefully

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
I got this seed but they don't seem viable

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by adescopy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Yildiz:
I got this seed but they don't seem viable
Op are you not going for certified seed? if not, I will advice you do because the size of your farm is large. Just my take sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by GreatNegro(m): 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Yildiz:
Will do Sir. I am getting the seed this weekend hopefully
can you teach me beans farming? More power to your elbow.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 5:37am On Jul 15, 2017
GreatNegro:

can you teach me beans farming? More power to your elbow.
Well that was my initial plan but it is getting so difficult. I visited IITA and ministry of Agric but they don't have the variety I want. Also I realised that IITA buy seeds something from people that planted a particular variety, sort it and sell back to farmers as certified seed. This whole seed this is discouraging. So I decided to get seed from local seed companies

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by GreatNegro(m): 5:44am On Jul 15, 2017
Yildiz:

Well that was my initial plan but it is getting so difficult. I visited IITA and ministry of Agric but they don't have the variety I want. Also I realised that IITA buy seeds something from people that planted a particular variety, sort it and sell back to farmers as certified seed. This whole seed this is discouraging. So I decided to get seed from local seed companies
Ok thanks. Please can beans do well in the raining season?

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 6:00am On Jul 15, 2017
GreatNegro:

Ok thanks. Please can beans do well in the raining season?
Yes. And doing a raining season beans but a late variety. The early variety is about flowering now. I go for the late variety because of fodder

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by GreatNegro(m): 6:09am On Jul 15, 2017
Yildiz:

Yes. And doing a raining season beans but a late variety. The early variety is about flowering now. I go for the late variety because of fodder
Please don't mind me for asking too much question. I am a newbie and I want to plant beans this september.
How can I get the seed of beans from any reputable local seed company?

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 6:46am On Jul 15, 2017
GreatNegro:

Please don't mind me for asking too much question. I am a newbie and I want to plant beans this september.
How can I get the seed of beans from any reputable local seed company?

Well am getting mine at chiromawa Kano. I dont know your location. Also I think September is late for rainy season

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Emmysteve(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2017
Following
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
The 5 hectares after one week of spraying glyphosate

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
Am going to plant both early and late variety of cowpea. For the 5 hectares it's going to be the early variety while the 3 hectares gets the late variety.
Hopefully this week I will sort the seed issue and same planting by weekend or next week.
I will be on one week leave from office work to concentrate fully on my farm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by bashman290(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2017
Seun:
Following.
it covers both first and second weeding
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by GreatNegro(m): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Yildiz:

Well am getting mine at chiromawa Kano. I dont know your location. Also I think September is late for rainy season
Thanks, I am in Enugu state.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Tomorrow we make ridges and plant they spray selective herbicide pendimethalin
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
GreatNegro:

Thanks, I am in Enugu state.
When does rain stops in Enugu
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ridges have been made

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by adescopy(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Was did this done manualy or with a machine.
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
adescopy:
Was did this done manualy or with a machine.
I used these

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yildiz:

I used these
You can see someone already spray the pre emergence herbicide though I mixed it with paraquat
Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Yildiz: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Today I have finished planting 3 hectares and have finished spray herbicides also. We wait

1 Like

Re: My Cowpea Farm In Kano by Emmysteve(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
Yildiz:

I used these
how much did they charge you per hectare for this.? Please

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly / How Yam Farming Can Contribute To Our Economic In Nigeria / CATFISH MART. A Platform That Connects Catfish Farmers Directly To Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.