Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank (10566 Views)

Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom / Afreximbank Invests $17bn In Nigeria / Government Gets $1b Debt Offer From Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by dipoolowoo: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
By Dipo Olowookere

The expansion drive Africa’s richest man, Mr Aliko Dangote, recently received a further boost when he secured credit facilities from one of the top lenders in the continent.

Business Post gathered that Mr Dangote’s firm, Dangote Industries Limited (DIL), signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the African Export–Import Bank (Afreximbank).

This deal was sealed at the 24th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the bank taking place in Kigali, the Rwandan capital.

It was gathered that the agreement, which is for credit facilities, “may be granted by Afreximbank to Dangote Industries Limited and its subsidiaries in an aggregate amount of up to $1 billion.”

The MoU was signed on behalf of Afreximbank by Dr Benedict Oramah, President and Chairman of the Board of Directors; and Mr Dangote on behalf of Dangote Industries Limited.

Information gathered by our correspondent revealed that agreement provides for collaboration between Afreximbank and DIL in respect of proposed funding of transactions, which may involve the provision of short and long-term liabilities for trade-related projects in Africa.

Also, the utilization of the facility is expected to boost intra-African trade volumes, enhance continental value chains and increase production and export of goods and services across Africa.

Dangote Industries Limited is one of the largest business conglomerates in Africa having various manufacturing and service industries including cement, sugar, packaging materials amongst others.

Afreximbank is the foremost pan-African multilateral financial institution devoted to financing and promoting intra- and extra-African trade.

The bank was established in October 1993 by African governments, African private and institutional investors, and non-African investors. Its two basic constitutive documents are the Establishment Agreement, which gives it the status of an international organization, and the Charter, which governs its corporate structure and operations.

Since 1994, it has approved more than $51 billion in credit facilities for African businesses, including about $10.3 billion in 2016.

Afreximbank, headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, had total assets of $9.4 billion as at 30 April 2016 and is rated BBB+ (GCR), Baa1 (Moody’s), and BBB- (Fitch).

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/07/01/dangote-secures-1b-funding-package-afreximbank/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
What about the $2 billion loan he borrowed from China?

By the way, do you know that if you have $10 in your wallet and no debts, you're richer than 25% of Americans? They live their lives on credits, there houses on mortgage, there health care by insurance companies, cars on credits, even their iPhones is on credit. Thank God I'm in Nigeria, I sleep well at night knowing that I'm not owing anybody.
There's nothing more traumatic than debt

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2017
grin The good thing about being an entrepreneur is this, the higher you go, the easier it becomes.

Do you know what scares lots of people? The beginning. I've got to tell you the truth, the earlier stages of entrepreneurship is hell. You won't sleep.. your finances will be drained.. Everything will be affected. But as you keep pushing forward, it keeps getting easier.

it gets to a stage where you've to sleep for a whole year and still, the cash keeps rolling in. You don't get confined by bosses.. you're the boss and you more the rules.

Entrepreneurs retire early in life. The remaining years of their life is built on impact. You see them writing books, creating blogs, organising seminars.. just to keep life going. Just to have a purpose every morning.

As they play and sleep, their multiple streams of income keeps getting bigger as slaves toil on them daily.. slaves we usually call employees. grin www.entmirror.com

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2017
when others are counting billions other are like...

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Hemjayy: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2017
ok
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DesChyko: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Investors that still chop bank money, is that one investor?
That's how Etisalat people do sef. Chop local bank money dey answer foreign investor.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by aykevictor789(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
This man sef..

Na space I book o
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
Hemjayy:
ok
Kennitrust:
d
HenryDion:
hh

These three are idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
This man would soon buy all the would and the troubles therein
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by ask4double(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
already utilized. $2b is not much compared to the streams of investment by Dangote group, be it long or short term.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Caustics: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2017
sad
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by AntiWailer: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2017
1 billion dollars ?

Chai.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by KINGwax007(m): 7:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Ride on, Sir!
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Caustics: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

These three are idiots.
and you are a bigger one for quoting them angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by KINGwax007(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
is that your fuckin headache abi how u go chop today?

Wetin concern u with his loans?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kingluqman89(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2017
hmmm
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

These three are idiots.
Bros, u go church?
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2017
yet, many ignoramus will be hating him, and be postulating lame thoeries that IBB, OBJ annd other corrupt politicians re using him to conceal stolen wealth.
Nigerians can be irredeemably dull sha

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by emeka2847: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2017
Helping the rich to get richer...
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by dahunsy(f): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2017
Coughs***clears throat# Am reading this for the fourth time now still I can't comprehend what the money is meant for?....what's the repayment plan? I don't just understand... Abi na old age??
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Caustics:
and you are a bigger one for quoting them angry

Don't quote the quoter, direct your insult to the quotee, or do both of u share the same braincells.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
Bros, u go church?

How does church relate with this post or my comments? Oga put your right hand on you neck and check your body temperature. Are u feeling fine?
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by opalu: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2017
The rich don't use their money but the poor use theirs or think they must use theirs so they do nothing since they think they don't have enough

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by kullozone(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Lol... But why baba no just use from em own dollars invest na? I don't understand oh!
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by brightisodje(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2017
may while street take over?

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2017
x
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by toprealman: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

By the way, do you know that if you have $10 in your wallet and no debts, you're richer than 25% of Americans? They live their lives on credits, there houses on mortgage, there health care by insurance companies, cars on credits, even their iPhones is on credit. Thank God I'm in Nigeria, I sleep well at night knowing that I'm not owing anybody.
There's nothing more traumatic than debt
Keep living in fools paradise. You think they envy your life or style? How come you pray to "port" one day? Dangote got the credit facility because he is credit worthy. Americans, just like others from climes where leaders have conscience, programmed their system such that you should not be denied your present as it will help you get to your future. They are also sincere....unlike your( abi na our...smh)naija people.
I just don't want to keep going on and on because I doubt if you'll be able to comprehend. Enjoy your $10 mate.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by bastien: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kay17: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2017
HenryDion:
grin The good thing about being an entrepreneur is this, the higher you go, the easier it becomes.

Do you know what scares lots of people? The beginning. I've got to tell you the truth, the earlier stages of entrepreneurship is hell. You won't sleep.. your finances will be drained.. Everything will be affected. But as you keep pushing forward, it keeps getting easier.

it gets to a stage where you've to sleep for a whole year and still, the cash keeps rolling in. You don't get confined by bosses.. you're the boss and you more the rules.

Entrepreneurs retire early in life. The remaining years of their life is built on impact. You see them writing books, creating blogs, organising seminars.. just to keep life going. Just to have a purpose every morning.

As they play and sleep, their multiple streams of income keeps getting bigger as slaves toil on them daily.. slaves we usually call employees. grin www.entmirror.com

What sort of entrepreneur do you have in mind?
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
toprealman:
Keep living in fools paradise. You think they envy your life or style? How come you pray to "port" one day? Dangote got the credit facility because he is credit worthy. Americans just like others from climes where leaders have conscience programmed their system such that you should not be denied your present as it will help you get to your future. They are also sincere....unlike your( abi na our...smh)naija people.
I just don't want to keep going on and on because I doubt if you'll be able to comprehend. Enjoy your $10 mate.
then why not go and borrow money from Nigerian bank and see what having debt on your head feels like tongue
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

How does church relate with this post or my comments? Oga put your right hand on you neck and check your body temperature. Are u feeling fine?
do u think that when u insulted me I will insult u too.

think maturely guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Commonest Problems Using Aliexpress. / Customers Decry Poor ATM Services / Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.