Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede (7507 Views)

Official JAMB Malpractice List - Reasons Why JAMB Will Seize Your Result / Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exams - Prof Is-haq Oloyede / UTME: Internet Failure, Lateness To Centres Mar First Day Of Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Blue3k2: 12:22am On Jul 02, 2017
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said on Saturday that there would be no rescheduling of examination for candidates who reported late for the mop-up examination.

JAMB Registrar, Is-haq Oloyede, said this while reacting to complaints by candidates sitting for the mop-up examination at the board’s Computer-Based Centre (CBT) in Bwari, FCT.

Mr. Oloyede, who led some staff members on the supervision of the exercise, said the exam was a supplementary Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) being conducted in 170 centres across the country.

He said 85, 000 candidates slated for the mop-up exam were notified through text messages and warned those who came late that the board would not reschedule the exam.

“There is nothing you can do … we placed adverts in newspapers, sent e-mails and text messages and if you did not get it, it means that you were not invited for the exam.

“A bulk Short Message Service (SMS) was equally sent to your telephone numbers that you provided during the registration.

“We will not reschedule the exam for people who came late,” Mr. Oloyede said.

On complaints about system failure, Mr. Oloyede explained that the computers had been programmed to work under a specific time frame and urged candidates to engage the computers regularly to avoid disruption.

According to him, if a candidate sits down in the exam hall doing nothing, the computer is likely to shut down because there is a time frame for its usage.

“If you do not use it, it will go off. When you sit and you are not doing anything within that time frame, we also monitor from our system to ensure you that candidates are not cheating,” Mr. Oloyede said.

NAN reports that the 85, 000 candidates of the 1.7 million enrolled for the 2017 UTME had registered late for the exam and also had some challenges with the exam.

The mop-up examination which held in two sessions lasted for two hours from 7.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. (NAN)

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/235565-candidates-lateness-jamb-will-not-reschedule-exam-oloyede.html
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Blue3k2: 12:25am On Jul 02, 2017
The system failure excuse sounds fishy. You can program computers not to rest or sleep. The rest sound reasonable.
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Its evans that is heard everywhere and not jamb news
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Heromaniaa: 7:25am On Jul 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Dutchey(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by kittykollinxx(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2017
In Nigeria, everybody likes to they show themselves. what about students that, came early, wrote exams and cudnt find their result coz of jamb incompetence or error?
pardon everyone wu cudnt see their results

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2017
What a failed system.. tell us how this stale system called jamb have exploited thousands of students year after year. Tell us how much that is realized every year. Everything about this discombobulated country is nothing but a scam. I can't but wonder why people are still asleep. Degree has no worth in this age, in this country.. School is nothing but a waste of time and resources. But it's disheartening cause one will take jamb up to 5 times and keeps nursing faith, as if admission is the beginning of the future. No wonder they get stranded after graduation. SMH..

The things I know today, if I had known them before my undergraduate days, I would have become a billionaire. The situation of graduates in this country bleeds my heart. That was my ultimate aim when I created www.entmirror.com.

3 Likes

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Eportal123: 7:27am On Jul 02, 2017
What's my own bayi, I be 500L medical student.

On to the next
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Adaowerri111: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Oloyede isn't competent enough, he is having big vision but Nigeria isn't advanced enough to implement it
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by speezyWears: 7:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Eportal123:
What's my own bayi, I be 500L medical student.

On to the next

This senseless comment you posted describes the kind of doctor you'ld end up becoming.

After 5 years in the Uni you still haven't learnt to keep quiet when you have nothing meaningful to say,

I pity the quack hospital that would hire a half-baked doc like you.

Oniranu

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Pavore9: 7:36am On Jul 02, 2017
Those late comers should wait for next year's.
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2017
JAMB is a failed system under another failed system (Nigeria)
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by chigo003(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Jamb Stl jamming people
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Cwhite47(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2017
Can This man shut up for once, Jamb is nothing​ to write home about than just to be cancelled. tell me in which part of the world did they write exam as early as 6am. do u expect student to pass the night in the center all in the name of writing exam. God Help Nigerian Youth this suffering is too much....
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by shamack: 7:53am On Jul 02, 2017
No country satisfies all its citizens,,,,,,,lot of failures will come here to fault jamb on everything,,,if they came late, its part of what their parents has imbibed in them

1 Like

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Eportal123: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2017
The stupid life your parents lived is showing in the way you relate with people. The way your future is so dim ehn, it will be difficult to see the you live a fulfilling life.
speezyWears:

This senseless comment you posted describes the kind of doctor you'ld end up becoming.

After 5 years in the Uni you still haven't learnt to keep quiet when you have nothing meaningful to say,

I pity the quack hospital that would hire a half-baked doc like you.

Oniranu

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by AntiWailer: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2017
Why on earth will somebody be late for exams ?
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by nonxo007(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2017
Pls when will corrections in jamb start or has it started already?
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by Yeligray(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2017
I believe that there is alot of work to be done
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by talk2saintify(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2017
God punish dem
yeye stupid pple
stressing students unnecessarily
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by speezyWears: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Eportal123:
The stupid life your parents lived is showing in the way you relate with people. The way your future is so dim ehn, it will be difficult to see the you live a fulfilling life.

You just confirmed every thing I earlier said.

I pity your unfortunate future patients.

And to think that you just displayed the low level of regard you have for your own parents... how much more people that would be placed in your care..l
[i]
Omo pau bi ibon undecided[/i]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by speezyWears: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Eportal123:

You just confirmed every thing I earlier said.

I pity your unfortunate future patients.

And to think that you just displayed the low level of regard you have for your own parents... how much more people that would be placed in your care

Omo pau bi ibon undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by BLEENKY1(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2017
All d best jambites
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by cy4cent(f): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2017
Study in philippines.

Low tuition and cost of living

Easy visa processing

All courses are offered

Medium of instruction is English

No jamb for admission.

No strike

Standard and modern infrastructure

1 year premedical course

Requirements for admission
Waec or neco, including international passport data page
For master program, transcript of previous record. Including intl passport data page.
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by YalaTech(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Jamb candidates see How to Print 2017 JAMB Rescheduled Exam Slip by your self http://officialgist.com.ng/print-2017-jamb-rescheduled-exam-slip/
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by oluwafemi3790(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
I knew of some one Dat he was able to check it around 12 noon yesterday dat he has exam by 7am yesterday. Dey suppose to re shedul anoda time for dem to b able to write their exams since d fault is from jamb.
Re: Candidates’ Lateness: JAMB Will Not Reschedule Exam — Oloyede by whizzyleejr(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Normal, nigerians do take things for granted alot, a girl came 1hr after her exam time the day i did mine(May) only God help her that day due to server problem that delayed the exam

(1) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU, FG Have Reached An Agreement! / 8k Each For 15 Private School Teachers / Strike: Universities' Workers Are Unfair To Nigerian Students- Hardeysolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.