Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? (25657 Views)

Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by CandidSeeker(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
almsofgold:
Islam has been before Christianity. Islam simply means, submission to the will of the Almighty.

Prophet Mohammed, The Founder of Islam was born 570 years after the death of Jesus Christ (570A.D).

-Peace.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by almsofgold: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
CandidSeeker:

Prophet Mohammed, The Founder of Islam was born 570 years after the death of Jesus Christ (570A.D).

-Peace.
fallacy. He never founded Islam. He practiced it.get your facts right bro. Don't give in to your personal opinion wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by emmaskyblue(m): 12:42am On Jul 03, 2017
sayad009:
1Cor15v34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obesience, as also saith the law"... Does this mean (all) women in church should not talk/speak in d church? Let's verify by reading v35 "And if they(note this pronoun refers to women mentioned earlier in verse 34) will learn anything, let them ask their HUSBANDS(emphasis mine) at home..." V35 clarifies that d women v34 speaks of are married women in the church. What does this translate to? - A married woman in d church is not expected to speak(have conversation - to talk to somebody about something; to have a conversation with somebody) in d church, rather she is ex
pected to ask(Question, I.e to say or write something in the form of a question in order to get information) her husband at home if and only if she wants to LEARN (to gain knowledge or skill by studying, from experience, from being taught) This means if a married woman is expected to LEARN at home and not in church... Thus she is expected to speak in church as long as what she wants to say is not of 'learning' SHALOM

and they must not be in charge. Oya explain.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by discman2k2(m): 1:57am On Jul 03, 2017
Sure. But no matter the tactics of d Devil in deception, the truth will still not be completely obliterated on earth. God will always preserve some of His people, ttue followers, pure breed Christians who shall never be defiled.

And in the end, truth shall still prevail.
EvilMetahuman:
Christianity is evolving just like everything else.
We have gay pastors now and people will see as normal thing in the next 50-100 years.
People will be defending them just like they are doing for women talking in church.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by EvilMetahuman: 7:16am On Jul 03, 2017
discman2k2:
Sure. But no matter the tactics of d Devil in deception, the truth will still not be completely obliterated on earth. God will always preserve some of His people, ttue followers, pure breed Christians who shall never be defiled.

And in the end, truth shall still prevail.
and the truth is, religion is a complete scam
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by lonikit: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2017
I tink Paul actually mean the women should not lead or teach in church. his letter to timothy justifies that

1 Timothy 2:9-12 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by discman2k2(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
and the truth is, religion is a complete scam
That's your opinion & i bet you, you ahall be visited.

For hundreds of years your ancestors & forefathers worshiped different entities, today because you have access to Internet enabled gadgets you now feel more informed & wiser than your ancestors.
There are fake pastors, Imams, Buddhist & what have you, but that ONLY goes to show that the real ones are available.
Please review your facts right about religion.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by s4short: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
CandidSeeker:

Modified, to show that's my personal understanding after connecting relevant gospels.

My expression did not in anyway call God a liar.

May The Most High God give you understanding.

-Peace.

Brother, when it comes to the Bible, your personal understanding does not come into play at all(one either understands or misunderstands, nothing like personal inside) your understanding must conform to the Bible not the other way around, we must find out what the Bible says not what we feel or want the Bible to say.
Secondly, you said christ came to change the law but said the opposite because they wanted to arrest him, biko what is that?
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by CandidSeeker(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
s4short:

Brother, when it comes to the Bible, your personal understanding does not come into play at all(one either understands or misunderstands, nothing like personal inside) your understanding must conform to the Bible not the other way around, we must find out what the Bible says not what we feel or want the Bible to say.

If personal understanding is not important, we will all be Catholics!

...Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting, get understanding. -Proverbs 4:7

s4short:

Secondly, you said christ came to change the law but said the opposite because they wanted to arrest him, biko what is that?

I cited portions of The Gospels where they tried to seize Him because He was blunt, and I humbly suggested that He presented His new assertions to them diplomatically so that they will listen and not try to seize (arrest) Him like they tried in the past.

Seems you find it difficult to comprehend that part of my write-up, kindly ignore it and make do with the part you can comprehend. Your comprehension will improve with time.

You can’t access the future if you don’t know that your call is to break from the past.

-Peace.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by Saintinoo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
irynterri:
Christ is christainity personified, Christians are Christ-like, christainity started on the day of Pentecost,when the Holy Spirit descended on them,they spoke in tongues and converted people
converted people to what, Believers in God the Almighty or Christains
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by oaroloye(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
SHALOM!

lonikit:
1 Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

ONLY PROPHET MOSES HAS THE RIGHT TO DECLARE A SIN

PAUL never had the right to make up Commandments of God that do not exist.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by lonikit: 6:35am On Jul 06, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

ONLY PROPHET MOSES HAS THE RIGHT TO DECLARE A SIN

PAUL never had the right to make up Commandments of God that do not exist.

I don't understand ooo
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by saintmark88(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
sugarwiz:

The traditions of old influence the scriptures in so many ways

So the one that suits ur way of life is for d present and the one that doesn't is for those of old
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by sugarwiz(f): 2:26am On Jul 13, 2017
saintmark88:

So the one that suits ur way of life is for d present and the one that doesn't is for those of old
Change is constant. Everything can't remain the same forever. You must understand that.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by lonikit: 6:34am On Jul 13, 2017
sugarwiz:

Change is constant. Everything can't remain the same forever. You must understand that.

even the words of God??
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by vanvino(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2017
victor8269:

If you read down, you would notice that Paul we said it was his opinion and not God's opinion
paul opinion realy? And yet the bible says All scriptures, all is inspired by God profitable for Teaching, for Correction 2Timothy 3:16 also Roman 15:4
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by lonikit: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2017
vanvino:
paul opinion realy? And yet the bible says All scriptures, all is inspired by God profitable for Teaching, for Correction 2Timothy 3:16 also Roman 15:4

I like this
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by victor8269: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
vanvino:
Yes, but does Ur passage also mean u should copy Adam's action
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by vanvino(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
victor8269:

Yes, but does Ur passage also mean u should copy Adam's action
if we understand that Timothy very well it says all scriptures is inspired by God,. so when u say Paul, a man who spend his Life crucifying Christian which he latter become one himself was airing his opinion then it raises question not just to that passage but to other passages. As for Adam's case, if u read that Timothy further you will understand that the scriptures is Good for INSTRUCTION for CORRECTION which is where i think the case of Adam fall. you are able to understand that what Adam & EVe did was wrong because you have been instructed & also been corrected.
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by Dnockeror333(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Can a woman lead man, like shepherd over unpenitic sheep? Can a woman shout and unmuscular men jitter? How come Eve was not created before Adam, or Adam coming out of the side of Eve?

How come a woman need take in the sperm of man to born child or else she'll never born without him?

And if these answers are nagatives, how then can some dissy laying men sit suppine under a doctor Jezebel "who is leading Gods Image to commit fornicers and gamblers?" (REVELATIONS) with lust roving eyes? How come?

Are women not suppoe to be the Angels of gaurd of their husbands and household? How have they came out to Jezebalise the alter of God? How can they be called out by Pastors and the members would not nip this extent into the bud?

Are this once men?

God is calling you out, man, to touch His children to turn back to Him.

If a woman had vision, a prophet, or dreams or eloquence; to her husband, she need speak through!

God, our heart should burn within us, because we should love our House more than ourselves!
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by STRI1: 3:09am On May 19, 2023
Saintinoo:
you mean that cult religion that lives on human blood?
and you and your neighbor blood hasn't been used. Really ?
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by STRI1: 3:16am On May 19, 2023
Daddyis:
you mean the religion of bombers headed by a pedophile from the Arab world.

You should have been bombed by now. Better leave that lie and confusionism you call religion. Just a joke grin grin grin

Jesus did A you all doing Z. Twisting your so called book of god to your interest
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On May 19, 2023
lonikit:
1 Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
Any man who bows to commands given by a man and not God is said to serve man as his master and not God. undecided
Re: Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2023
Of course a woman can teach a man God's word but it's not their part in God's arrangement that's why angels do frown at such setting so to show that she's doing what a female ought not to do she must cover her head with a cloth {1Corinthians 11:10} Jesus laid the foundation for those who should lead his congregation by appointing only males as Apostles {Luke 6:13-16} the twelve Apostles were chosen to teach (set Christian standards) for the Israelites {Matthew 19:28} but for all those that will become Christians among the nations Jesus chose Paul to teach them Christianity {Act 9:15; Galatians 2:7; 1Timothy 2:7} throughout Jesus chose only males to lead his congregation so there won't be confusion! 1Corinthians 14:33-34

Now concerning preaching from house to house females are recruited for the spiritual battle but once such a person comes into the congregation only males takes the lead! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Armed Robbers Attacked Me! I Declared Myself A CHOSEN! They Left Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.