Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference (9568 Views)

Jonathan, Wike, Abaribe, Onunkwo, Yul Edochie Honoured At Magazine Launch In Awk / Shehu Sani Honoured At Abiola's Home In Lagos For His Role In The June 12 / Jonathan, Atiku, Danjuma Goje, Ned Nwoko, Nwulu Honoured At Who Is Who Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by metronaija2: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
At its first ever “Soft Power” global conference aimed at tackling the lingering global issues of women equality, Irina Bokova – UNESCO Director General invited 55 women experts in field from Women Leadership to Global development to lead the conference as speakers and panelists, in exploring this soft power approach.

They include current and past female Presidents, female members of Royal Families from Jordan to the Netherlands, First Ladies, Female Foreign Ministers, and 14 year old filmmaker Zuriel Oduwole.

Zuriel was invited to share how she believes the media can play an active role in changing the negative perception and portrayal of women. And for her continuous work in speaking for Girls Education, she was also honored during the conference by a member of the Global Council of Women Leaders and current President of Malta Marie Louise Preca.

Speaking to UNESCO and French media afterwards, Zuriel was asked what she took away from the conference. “I learned that privilege is invincible to those who have it, because they cant see it, and cant see the effect on those who do not have it”.

Earlier in January, she was also honored by former U.S. Secretary of State – John Kerry, for her work on empowering Girls across Africa and the Americas, through her basic ‘Film Making 101″ class.

See more photos below:

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/07/photos-nigerian-zuriel-oduwole-honoured.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by metronaija2: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2017

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by Yomzzyblog: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by MediumStout(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
If she were igbo, the IPOB youths won't let us rest with incessant brags. Academic brilliance is nothing special to us in yoruba land. We are the most educated and most sophisticated tribe. God bless oodua cool

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by MediumStout(m): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yomzzyblog:
Congrats!!

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique. Front page pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by NwaAmaikpe: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
shocked

Cheap Malala Yousafzai wannabe.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yomzzyblog:
Congrats!!
Quitter never wins likewise winner never quits.
Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time/FT) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Home tutor
4. Online registration
5. Corporate training
6. Software Training
7. Graphics designing
8. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by leoweblinkblog(m): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by LilNetty(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
when will I be honored too

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by ephi123(f): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
This girl has gone and is going places. Kudos smiley

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by olatola00(m): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Promote gender equality and empower women.. SDG

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by neroflo: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yoruba greater than Igbo in terms of education cry cry cry cry cry
Yes or no shocked

25 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by Bsideboi(m): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lucky girl she is.The painful thing is that she is not the average Nigerian girl child.Probably grew up in the diaspora or from a family of elites.I'm glad she's leveraging on that tho..

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by AbakalikiPress: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why always the Yorubas?

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Better than that Nelson Mandela wannabe, who has been busy gulping akpu and parading around the SE like a cheap trickster ever since he was relieved of his title as the paramount Onikuje of Kuje prisons.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5553090_aviary1498356931492_jpeg75b56ed7b0a956b92a2ac0b5224900b7

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by keypad1: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oh boy this girl bwrests don dey big ooo. One sharp guy dey somewhere dey fvck her steady.

Me sef go fvck her if she open her toto for me make i chuku chuku.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by WushuTemple(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You deserve to go on a permanent ban till thy kingdom come.
Will you ever make sense on this forum?

10 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by hollowpot15684(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
hmmm
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by seunny4lif(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Im not surprised becos it's in Yoruba DNA
Yoruba leading since 12BC

But our SE people no go like this becos them too like drugs grin grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by chukslawrence(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Dem slay mama be like undecided
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by seunny4lif(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
MediumStout:
If she were igbo, the IPOB youths won't let us rest with incessant brags. Academic brilliance is nothing special to us in yoruba land. We are the most educated and most sophisticated tribe. God bless oodua cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by Anticqz: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
.omo Yoruba ni wa
.gbefun,
osé omo rire

Hmm those akpu swallowers and palm oil garri chewers will definitely not like this,but God purnish
them
..we lead them follow

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by eluquenson(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nice one.
But why are the Yorubas leading in all intellectual ramifications, it seems they are the most blessed in Nigeria when it regards academic brilliance and intellectual

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by born2wyn(f): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
we are so proud of you Zuriel,thumbs up

8 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by auntysimbiat(f): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by ecclize: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Indeed privilege is inviSible I pray the privilege keet are going good for her Indeed privilege is inviSible I pray the privilege keet are going good for her Indeed privilege is inviSible I pray the privilege keet are going good for her
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
As expected NwaAmaikpe never disappoints when it comes to not making sense tongue

Sense fall on you
Sensitivity fall on you
Network failure when typing fall on you

cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by BabaRamota1980: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
metronaija2:

At its first ever “Soft Power” global conference aimed at tackling the lingering global issues of women equality, Irina Bokova – UNESCO Director General invited 55 women experts in field from Women Leadership to Global development to lead the conference as speakers and panelists, in exploring this soft power approach.

They include current and past female Presidents, female members of Royal Families from Jordan to the Netherlands, First Ladies, Female Foreign Ministers, and 14 year old filmmaker Zuriel Oduwole.

Zuriel was invited to share how she believes the media can play an active role in changing the negative perception and portrayal of women. And for her continuous work in speaking for Girls Education, she was also honored during the conference by a member of the Global Council of Women Leaders and current President of Malta Marie Louise Preca.

Speaking to UNESCO and French media afterwards, Zuriel was asked what she took away from the conference. “I learned that privilege is invincible to those who have it, because they cant see it, and cant see the effect on those who do not have it”.

Earlier in January, she was also honored by former U.S. Secretary of State – John Kerry, for her work on empowering Girls across Africa and the Americas, through her basic ‘Film Making 101″ class.

See more photos below:

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/07/photos-nigerian-zuriel-oduwole-honoured.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

I noticed the bolded part has not changed in three years. Is that a title?

2 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by BabaRamota1980: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Congrats to Zuriel....keep doing the do! grin

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by Guestlander: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She's just a kid. What have you done with your own life?

4 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Honoured At UNESCO Global Conference by ctex4real(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
seunny4lif:
Yoruba leading since 12BC grin grin grin

SE people no go like this
SHATAP!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: PDP’s Candidate Must Be Prepared To Be President From Day 1 - Maibasira / Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo / Canaanland Robbery: 2 Covenant Varsity Students, 4 Others Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.