Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers (30524 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
So I wanted to make a quick trip from Lagos to Ogun state this morning and as part of routine check up i decided to check my tyre pressure, pulled out my digital meter and one of the tyres was reading 28psi. Recommended pressure is 33 but I normally inflate to 35. Drove to this vulcanizer (or should I say fukerniser) and told him to inflate to 35. After he was done I checked myself with my own meter and to my surprise if was inflated to 75 psi. Wtf. I told the guy I wanted 35, he said he thought I said 45. Even if I said 45 how is that even close to 75?

So he deflated it and said it was ok, I checked again it was 60. I said it's too much, he deflated again and said that's 35. I now checked with his own meter and to my surprise he was reading the bar unit on his meter instead of psi. So he was taking 3.5 bar to be 35 psi which is actually 55psi. The idiot told me that my car is an SUV that I shouldn't deflate it further. I just told him not to worry, deflated it myself until it got to 35psi.

Pic 1: the meter the vulcanizer was using.

Pic 2: my own digital meter.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by FirstCounsel(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good to know you were circumspect and didn't leave anything to chance. I always double check when dealing with these kinds of people. Never leave anything to chance. Not all of them know what they are doing no matter how"experienced" they might claim to be..

30 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
FirstCounsel:
Good to know you were circumspect and didn't leave anything to chance. I always double check when dealing with these kinds of people. Never leave anything to chance. Not all of them know what they are doing no matter how"experienced" they might claim to be..

I learned my lesson when I lost a tyre on the highway. Lots of these vulcanizers don't know what they are doing.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
The vulcanizer probably has a target to bring enough people to hell.
Hope you educated him on the proper usage?

Thank God you looked into what he is doing, some people will just balance inside their cars, once the fukernizer is done fùckíng the tyre _they zoom off. No supervision _ no cross checking.

3.5 bar isn't up to 55psi though.
3.5 bar should be 51psi. I stand to be corrected.

Lesson for all, know the recommended psi for your car. Have your own meter, supervise the inflation and reconfirm it was done right.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
PaperLace:
The vulcanizer probably has a target to bring enough people to hell.
Hope you educated him on the proper usage?

Thank God you looked into what he is doing, some people will just balance inside their cars, once the fukernizer is done fùckíng the tyre _they zoom off. No supervision _ no cross checking.

3.5 bar isn't up to 55psi though.
3.5 bar should be 51psi. I stand to be corrected.

Lesson for all, know the recommended psi for your car. Have your own meter, supervise the inflation and reconfirm it was done right.

Yea, 3.5 bar is around 50psi, his guage was probably faulty because it showed 55 psi on my end, just like his 4.5 bar (which he thought was 45 psi) was showing around 75 psi on my side.

4 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
greenhulk:

Yea, 3.5 bar is around 50psi, his guage was probably faulty because it showed 55 psi on my end, just like his 4.5 bar (which he thought was 45 psi) was showing around 75 psi on my side.
Most of them use very faulty gauges.
This is a serious issue, mistaking 4.5 for 45! Hah!

This deserves front page, someone taught him to read it like that, and someone taught whoever taught him. Meaning, there are so many of them out there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by cyborg123(m): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2017
I'm amazed, your tyre even withstood such over-inflation.

Any slight temperature increase / road bump and the tyre would have exploded.

6 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2017
cyborg123:
I'm amazed, your tyre even withstood such over-inflation.

Any slight temperature increase / road bump and the tyre would have exploded.

I tell u, and to think of the fact that he must have inflated many tyres like that. I think there need to be regulatory bodies that will enforce this and educate people about recommended tyre pressures. Last month I traveled to Benin with my brother inlaw, we went in my car. On our way I guaged my tyres and he was surpsied when I said I inflate my tyres to 35psi. He said he normally inflate his own to around 50-55.. I showed him the door sticker where it says 32psi and he said those things don't work in Nigeria.

lalasticlala

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by waudu: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
greenhulk:

Very true and correct
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by NwaAmaikpe: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
shocked
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by oshe11: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Buhari Why

1 Like

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by nairaman66(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
No regulatory agencies to enforce laws or channel news to end users in this regard. Nigeria as a country is brainless.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by imoscodev: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
nawa ooooooooooo
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by darlenese(f): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
no way
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by slawomir: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
is alright
but most Nigerians don't give a Bleep about the recommended pressure of their tyres
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by lollypeezle(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
OP, you sha don use scope advertise your product

7 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by oshe11: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
This one WEAK ME
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Where can one buy these digital meters?

1 Like

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by maxiuc(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Stop patronizing road side vulcanizers if you must then watch them carefully

Go to any well equipped fillings station for your tires

2 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by GossipHeart(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017

Blah blah blah blah said the sheep

Someone would wake up every morning just to say something about Nigeria

Do you know how people in the USA put air in their tyres ?? Keep blaming Nigerian vulcanizers

1 Like

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by rabonni(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
How much are you selling the digital meter

2 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by GossipHeart(m): 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
maxiuc:
Stop patronizing road side vulcanizers if you must then watch them carefully

Go to any well equipped fillings station for your tires

Well equipped ??
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by fufuNegusi(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Lemme buy my own car first

Then I will comment on this matter
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by hilroy: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
One thing about Nigeria vulcanizer is that most of them don't know the difference between bar and psi. And for you Op, psi is imperial measurement, while pascal/bar is SI unit. Hence you should have bought a gauge that measures in bar since you know Nigeria uses SI unit. Knowing that your guage measures in psi, you should have done the conversion for him, and tell him to inflate to 2.4 bar which is equivalent of 35psi. Try educate him instead of making him look foolish. You can't assume that a vulcanizer that hasn't been to walls of college knows the conversion factor of psi to bar

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by obailala(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
God help us all. Something else which even supposedly good fuckernisers do is to just inflate your tyres to the MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE pressure which is inscribed on some tyres; there's a reason the manufacturers put in a recommended pressure and a maximum allowable. The right practice is to inflate to the recommended pressure and not the maximum.

1 Like

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by nzeh01(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
grin
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Rtopzy(f): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Op, The guy is a fuckernizer just as you earlier mentioned.. so, next time go to a vulcanizer for your dear life's sake........ he couldn't even read his own meter.... na wa o....... quacks everywhere ....... iranu.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
lollypeezle:
OP, you sha don use scope advertise your product

R u kidding me? Not advertising anything but I think every car owner should have a tyre guage and double check whenever they inflate their tyres at the vulcanizers. Lots of accidents that happen in this country are caused by burst tyres and majority of these burst tyres are caused by potholes, expired tyres and over inflated tyres.

2 Likes

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by eagleeye2: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Abeg where can I get a tyre guage? Like the second picture you posted. And price also.
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Bondesniger(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
IT IS A NATION WIDE THING THEY ARE ALIKE
Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Josh44s(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
greenhulk:
So I wanted to make a quick trip from Lagos to Ogun state this morning and as part of routine check up i decided to check my tyre pressure, pulled out my digital meter and one of the tyres was reading 28psi. Recommended pressure is 33 but I normally inflate to 35. Drove to this vulcanizer (or should I say fukerniser) and told him to inflate to 35. After he was done I checked myself with my own meter and to my surprise if was inflated to 75 psi. Wtf. I told the guy I wanted 35, he said he thought I said 45. Even if I said 45 how is that even close to 75?

So he deflated it and said it was ok, I checked again it was 60. I said it's too much, he deflated again and said that's 35. I now checked with his own meter and to my surprise he was reading the bar unit on his meter instead of psi. So he was taking 3.5 bar to be 35 psi which is actually 55psi. The idiot told me that my car is an SUV that I shouldn't deflate it further. I just told him not to worry, deflated it myself until it got to 35psi.

Pic 1: the meter the vulcanizer was using.

Pic 2: my own digital meter.

Everything in this country is not working. I mean everything!

1 Like

Re: May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers by Jammiiee(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
That's not a faulty issue but rather a mistake frm his part. Can't u see he multiplies pressure in bar by 10 to arrive at his own psi angry . Takes 3.5 bar for 35 psi, 4.5 bar for 45 psi

And 1 bar = 14.5 psi approximately
PaperLace:

Most of them use very faulty gauges.
This is a serious issue, mistaking 4.5 for 45! Hah!

This deserves front page, someone taught him to read it like that, and someone taught whoever taught him. Meaning, there are so many of them out there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It / Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.