Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa (2486 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / Buhari Appoints Kabiru Bala As High Commissioner To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please I have 600k and I am thinking if traveling to South Africa with a 3month working visa please I want to know if that will be enough for the processing and I don't want to go there and get stranded... is 600k good to go
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=Bankroll232 post=58052526]Please I have 600k and I am thinking if traveling to South Africa with a 3month working visa please I want to know if that will be enough for the processing and I don't want to go there and get stranded... is 600k good to go[/quote

It will be enough for visa and flight!!! Depends on when you are leaving!!

Thank you!
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=HokageTravels post=58053438][/quote]

Thanks for your response, but I don't welcome the idea of staying in an hotel I had prefer and accommodation, so with the 600k I plan paying for my visa, flight and accommodation do you think it will be enough... and is it possible I extend the 3months working visa over there
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bankroll232:

Thanks for your response, but I don't welcome the idea of staying in an hotel I had prefer and accommodation, so with the 600k I plan paying for my visa, flight and accommodation do you think it will be enough... and is it possible I extend the 3months working visa over there

It can't be enough for accommodation!! You have to find somewhere economical to bide. If you want to stay in a hotel, you need huge sums of money running into millions for the 3 months while you will be looking for job.

You can quickly look for a job immediately, some companies, provide accommodation for employees. That will solve accommodation problem.

You can extend. If by then you have found employment, your employer can choose to extend the visa for you.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
HokageTravels:

It can't be enough for accommodation!! You have to find somewhere economical to bide. If you want to stay in a hotel, you need huge sums of money running into millions for the 3 months while you will be looking for job.

You can quickly look for a job immediately, some companies, provide accommodation for employees. That will solve accommodation problem.

You can extend. If by then you have found employment, your employer can choose to extend the visa for you.

Thank you

Thanks and I really appreciate your response, I need to know my chances of getting a job within the two weeks of my first stay and staying in a hotel or a month should cost what amount in naira
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Solatium(m): 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bankroll232:

Thanks and I really appreciate your response, I need to know my chances of getting a job within the two weeks of my first stay and staying in a hotel or a month should cost what amount in naira

If your aim is to go there and find a job I am sorry you stand no chance,do not let anyone deceive you in Pathing with that small savings of yours,so many Nigerians who have became stranded as a result of false promise.Stay back at home and think of what you can do with that savings of yours

1 Like

Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by uboma(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Solatium:

If your aim is to go there and find a job I am sorry you stand no chance,do not let anyone deceive you in Pathing with that small savings of yours,so many Nigerians who have became stranded as a result of false promise.Stay back at home and think of what you can do with that savings of yours

Excellent advise!
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by ifyalways(f): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
First off, there's NOTHING like three months working visa. You probably have a three months validity tourist visa in your hands with 10, 15 or 21 days maximum stay.

600K can't do much for you. Your flight will cost about 200K, feeding, hotel and getting around? Your 600K on a tourist visa can go on a month max.

There's NOTHING like visa extension too.
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2017
I really appreciate the everyone advice and contribution but I will be going to see am agent today so I will get back in touch to you to know how it goes so you tell me if they are not just trying to scam me, also if 600k won't be enough I can add up 200k so my total expense should be around 800k I think that will do....
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2017
Bankroll232:
Please I have 600k and I am thinking if traveling to South Africa with a 3month working visa please I want to know if that will be enough for the processing and I don't want to go there and get stranded... is 600k good to go

Bankroll232:
I really appreciate the everyone advice and contribution but I will be going to see am agent today so I will get back in touch to you to know how it goes so you tell me if they are not just trying to scam me, also if 600k won't be enough I can add up 200k so my total expense should be around 800k I think that will do....

smh
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Bankroll232:

My advice? Take that money and look for better countries to migrate to.. Adding that 200k won't do much if you don't have one you are staying with.

If you have contacts elsewhere, ask them to invite you, look for work and the employer will keep you or try to further your education, you can get work after you are done, if you are desperate,then use delay tactics till you can stay legally.

Thank you!
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2017
HokageTravels:

My advice? Take that money and look for better countries to migrate to.. Adding that 200k won't do much if you don't have one you are staying with.

If you have contacts elsewhere, ask them to invite you, look for work and the employer will keep you or try to further your education, you can get work after you are done, if you are desperate,then use delay tactics till you can stay legally.

Thank you!

Name a single country where this will work as you stated it here
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 8:42am On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Name a single country where this will work as you stated it here

How, might be my punctuations. Let me restate! The employer will employ him and change his visa to work visa or he should try and further his education by so doing, he can look for work when he is finishing and remain there.
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2017
HokageTravels:

How, might be my punctuations. Let me restate! The employer will employ him and change his visa to work visa or he should try and further his education by so doing, he can look for work when he is finishing and remain there.

Name one single country where he can achieve that with visiting visa, that is my question
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 9:55am On Jul 03, 2017
justwise:

Name one single country where he can achieve that with visiting visa, that is my question

Several countries, my friend. UAE, and lots more for example.

You can enter through tourist visa, look for job. When you get the job, your employer will require you to go back and then bring you back on a work visa.

These are things that are being done everyday!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by justwise(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2017
HokageTravels:

Several countries, my friend. UAE, and lots more for example.

You can enter through tourist visa, look for job. When you get the job, your employer will require you to go back and then bring you back on a work visa.

These are things that are being done everyday!

Thank you.

HokageTravels:

Thank you!

When you want to advise somebody to make life changing decision try to be specific, that was why i pushed you on this.

UAE is probably the only country i know that does that and not many deent countries as you pointed out.

2 Likes

Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by infofta(m): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2017
1. If you must come to South Africa, come with a study or work permit not tourist visa.
2. Unemployment is very high. Hustling jobs are hard to find. Too many immigrants from neighboring countries.
3. It will be difficult to find someone that will accommodate and feed you if they are not close to you.
Finally, don't allow anyone deceive you. It's not as easy as you think. 300,000 naira is less than 12,000 rands.

1 Like

Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by sicily4u: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
At op, with 800k u can get Dubai visa and air ticket to work over there, am on the process now
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 8:40am On Jul 06, 2017
sicily4u:
At op, with 800k u can get Dubai visa and air ticket to work over there, am on the process now

You hear But there is a clause to this, are you educated up to tertiary level? Even at that, there are still few jobs at Dubai. For someone without a degree or even for people with degree. There are at Dubai doing security, cleaners, sales rep, nannies and so on.

Before going to Dubai, have a plan. These are some online job sites at Dubai, check them out and know where you can feature before embarking on the trip.

Bayt.com
Indeed.ae
Jobrapido.com
Naukrigulf.com
Dubai.Dubizzle.com
Careerjet.ae

Look them up and plan yourself!

Thank you
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Well my travel agent told me not to try Saka cos most of the Nigeria guys are into weeds and illegal activities, so he advice me to go to Kenya and I have processed my visa already I will be in Kenya in two weeks time, I am only going to Kenya for 3months just to fill up my virgin passport than I have 30% chances of traveling to Europe
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by barbz101(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bankroll232:
Well my travel agent told me not to try Saka cos most of the Nigeria guys are into weeds and illegal activities, so he advice me to go to Kenya and I have processed my visa already I will be in Kenya in two weeks time, I am only going to Kenya for 3months just to fill up my virgin passport than I have 30% chances of traveling to Europe
Please what are the probability of getting a work in Kenya,and will u be allowed to stay while the 3 months visa lapse?
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by samtol4(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
HokageTravels:

Thank you
million ? No sir some accomodation around 40k per month
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Solatium(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bankroll232:

You will stay 3 months in Kenya and return back to nigeria on the same passport and tender tge same for a schengen visa? what will you tell the consular officer you were doing in kenya for 3 months with a visiting visa?
Some of you are just too desperate to get out without knowing what awaits you at your destination......I can tell you that you will return a frustrated person after wasting your time and the little money you have,Go and learn in a hard way,come back and feed us back
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
I can tell you that you will return a frustrated person after wasting your time and the little money you have,Go and learn in a hard way,come back and feed us back....

� Lemme just leave you to God Weray
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by Bankroll232: 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Well I once applied for a Canada Visa but I got declined because I have no traveling experience, so I am only going to Canada just to fill up my virgin passport not going there to start a living or hustle... so get that right bro
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by HokageTravels: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
samtol4:
million ? No sir some accomodation around 40k per month

Thank you, it has been noted. But what area and what kind of accommodation for someone on tourist visa. I was talking about hotel room prices for the three months.

Thanks for letting us know the price of accommodation at SA!!

Thank you
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by ennon92(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bankroll232:
I can tell you that you will return a frustrated person after wasting your time and the little money you have,Go and learn in a hard way,come back and feed us back....

� Lemme just leave you to God Weray
grin grin
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by sHOTdownHawk: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Solatium:

You will stay 3 months in Kenya and return back to nigeria on the same passport and tender tge same for a schengen visa? what will you tell the consular officer you were doing in kenya for 3 months with a visiting visa?
Some of you are just too desperate to get out without knowing what awaits you at your destination......I can tell you that you will return a frustrated person after wasting your time and the little money you have,Go and learn in a hard way,come back and feed us back

He is probably dumb to say he was working on a tourist visa. wink
Re: Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa by sHOTdownHawk: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2017
Am sorry but africa is not the wild wild west, where you can just pick your small bag and small cash and set on your african dream (if it actually exist). And what kind of job are you searching for? I hope you are very skilled because africans exspecially nigeria cant accomodate foreigners who are poorly educated.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need National I.D Card Or Anything To Get My International Passport / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / Sweden Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.