Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David (2747 Views)

My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment / Gracious David West: Port-Harcourt Serial Killer Identified? PortHarcourthawties / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by Franzinni: 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
The reason you didn't see it coming was pure undisputed undilUted GREED!! That is the only way you can get scammed bro... When you want to take short cuts...

Do you know how much a system like that would cost on the shelve?

I got scammed the exact same way but this time it was 500k and the name of the scanners was MMM. But the technique was exactly the same... And the truth is i was greedy... So i payed the price of foolishness....
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by DieBuhari: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Trust a Yoruba at your own peril
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by lugado: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2017
pls next time you find yourself in this situation, ask for bvn, that way tracking him would be easier
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by kemmie: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2018
He is a fraudster alright. But he will meet his Waterloo soon. And it will be posted here!!
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by pinking(f): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
This same guy duped me of #30,000 for website designing. Even threatening to sue me. Chai I yaff suffered. Leko ile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by Xisnin(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Franzinni:
The reason you didn't see it coming was pure undisputed undilUted GREED!! That is the only way you can get scammed bro... When you want to take short cuts...

Do you know how much a system like that would cost on the shelve?

I got scammed the exact same way but this time it was 500k and the name of the scanners was MMM. But the technique was exactly the same... And the truth is i was greedy... So i payed the price of foolishness....
Stop making excuses for scammers unless you are one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by Xisnin(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
pinking:
This same guy duped me of #30,000 for website designing. Even threatening to sue me. Chai I yaff suffered. Leko ile
And you let it go just like that?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by Franzinni: 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2019
DieBuhari:
Trust a Yoruba at your own peril
man... That is not called for.... But then again I think you just enjoy to express your hate so.... Enjoy
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by skyhighweb(m): 8:58am On Feb 24, 2019
S4SOLOMON4:
Esteemed members and moderators of nairaland, kindly take your time to read through. I will try as much as possible to make it brief and straight to the point.
I came across a thread https://www.nairaland.com/3875025/hp-15-189na-core-i5-sale on Sunday (25-06,2017) created by a guy by the moniker JayDavid (real name Kolarin, David Olujimi) offering to sale an HP laptop (HP 15-189na, Core i5 4GHz 17" Touch Screen 16GB Ram 2TB Hard Disk) for 50,000 naira. "This looks too good to be true", I said to myself and quickly ran a check on his profile. There was nothing suspicious plus he has been on nairaland since 2009, so I proceeded to chat him up.
He said he was in lokoja but I am in lagos, so I suggested he delivers the system to someone he trust here in lagos, to whom I will make payment in exchange for the system, that I was skeptical of faceless transactions. He said the only option was for him to send it to me directly. He challenged me that Nigeria has not become that bad, that we still have trustworthy people (this I agree with him, at least I know of myself).With this, I agreed with him but told him the trust had to be mutual. He suggested I send 30,000 naira upfront and balance the remaining 20,000 once I take delivery. I was OK with this and requested that he send his account so I can make the payment the next day,he said he would be available to send same day(Monday, 26/06/2017).

Next Day (Monday, 26/06/2017)
I chatted him up in the morning, and requested he send the account number so I can make the transfer right away as I would love to take delivery before the day ends. He sent me his account and I proceeded to make the payment of 30,000 into his account via the diamond Mobile app. I notified him of the successful transfer and also attached screenshot, buy this guy claimed he didn't receive any alert and suggested we exercise a little patience that as soon as the money reflect, he would go ahead to send it. I gave him all required details for the delivery. Hours went buy and no news from him,so I chatted him up again, he said he was just coming from the ATM, that the money is yet to reflect. I was beginning to get worried at this point but he calmed my nerves and assured me there was no cause for alarm. I had to be offline for for some time to attend to something important, guess what! This guy claimed he was at the park for hours trying to reach me, I apologized but didn't ask what he needed my attention for, knowing I already gave him all necessary details (my bad, I didn't want to doubt him). But it was still same story, no alert, that I should wait till tomorrow morning (Tuesday). Before the end of the night I forwarded the e-receipt generated by my bank to him. I contacted my bank and lodged a complaint and in few minutes got a response from them that the transaction was successful.

Next day (Tuesday, 27/06/2017)
I messaged him and it was still same story. I forwarded the response from my bank to him and encouraged him to request a bank statement as a proof. He didn't respond to any of messages till late in the night, he claimed he just finished from Bible study in church. He said he would be at his bank tomorrow (Wednesday). I told him to request a stamped copy of his statement of account also.

Next day (Wednesday 28/06/2017)
I messaged him in the morning to remind him. At this point, he was beginning to get aggressive and rather insultive. But I stayed calm, understanding he was out to scatter things. I apologized for any inconvenience and further encouraged him to print a bank statement. He responded later in the evening and said he has confirmed from his bank and no money entered his account,that I should go and lodge another complaint with my. I requested for his bank statement and this was what he had to say: he said since the money didn't reflect, there was no reason for him to print a statement. It became clear to me that this guy is a Scammer. I began raising questions which I had failed to ask before. But rather than answer the questions, he chose to flare up and latch back at me. I had before this time searched him out on Facebook (I was able to confirm because some of the post he made here where also on his timeline. Plus the contact number were all the same). He said he would be back at his bank on Thursday.

Thursday, 29/06/2017
Sent him a message in the morning and he latched out at me so I didn't contact him again. First forward to Thursday evening and I discovered that this guy has closed his account. This put all doubt to rest, it's official, JayDavid (kolarin, David Olujimi) is a Scammer. Luckily I had a screen shot of his profile before deactivation.

Friday, 30/06/2017
I discovered he already blocked me on whatsapp. This is his number through which we conversed during the whole period, 08110001521.Here is his Facebook profile (https://mobile.facebook.com/Jimikolarin?v=timeline&lst=100000454699442%3A100000036107852%3A1499009778&ref=opera_speed_dial). His profile name on Facebook is Olujimi kolarin(phone number is 08110001521).

Please help call out this guy to refund my money. He never had any system to sale in the first, and surely did not think it twice before swindling me of my hard earned money (you may say it's small, but I worked hard for it).
This kind of people must not be permitted to continue to walk our streets, they are the type that paint us bad to the outside world. This may be the next 'Evans' if left unchecked. How many people as he defrauded,and how many more are next in line?
Let's all come together to blow the whistle on this guy. His name is kolarin David Olujimi (phone number is 08110001521).

CC: Mynd44
OAM4J
seun
contact him using a friend fb try n do a business that will result big money delivery so u can see face to face
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by skyhighweb(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2019
pinking:
u still want d website
Re: How I Was Scammed By Olujimi Kolarin David by mozel247: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2019
Reach out to me lemme tell u what to do. Stressful but u will track him down

(1) (2) (Reply)

Panic As Several Vultures Die In Enugu Market After Allegedly Eating Cow Meat / GRAPHIC VIDEO: Police Officer Shoots A 13- Year Old Boy After He Raised His Hand / Jealous Husband Goes Into Rage,kills Wife's Colleague Over Alleged Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.