Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) (36380 Views)

Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) / The Lagos Of Our Dreams: This Is What Lagos Will Be Like By 2025 - Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
bakynes:
Asari dey craze, so hin no see pictures of Lagos pre independence and Post independence before Oil? Was Lagos a village or desert before Oil? Besides Lagos receives about 9billion per month from Oil allocation and it's IGR is 33 billion per month, so you can see Oil allocation is insignificant to its development.
Yet lag contributes over 40 billion of vat to the same federal purse. So lets assume Lagos is only collecting 9 out of its 40 billion. It simply means receiving less than it contributes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
TimeMod1:
Oya now! play ludo!. If you had warmed up to their biabia mirage, she was would have been throwing herself on you. Chai, you can imagine her comments laced with so much pains... Poor little girl embarassed . How can a sane & unruffled mind referred a Vision as a phantom project while theirs is a realistic project. #bad belle grin
You dey mind dem? wink Na small-small girls dem be. They are just seeking attention.... cheesy Dem sabi misyarn!

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
ephi123:
You obviously need a pair of glasses or contact lenses. Anyway, just join your fellow lowlives who litter the whole place here. I'm done with you.
Bia, this 'lowlives' you just dey call so, na di name of yah boyfriend? shocked Abi, na your own surname? Tell us, o!

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by ephi123(f): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
[s]
laudate:

Bia, this 'lowlives' you just dey call so, na di name of yah boyfriend? shocked Abi, na your own surname? Tell us, o!
[/s]
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Fearlez:

By closing all sea ports and allowing only Lagos as the only direct international sea port as gateway all import and export by sea Lagos is enjoying federal government's illegal monopoly when Port harcourt, Warri, etc can also serve as international water gateway. This has made Lagos the sole recipient of international taxes of thousands of Multinationals and other import duties who have set up shop there due to logistics of seaport proximity.

Other states bounding the Atlantic should have a functioning sea port. This has led to corruption and congestion in Lagos ports and high price of imported goods like cars...

Stop lying boy, The airports, seaports and their agencies are owned by the FG.

Lagos does not earn any tax from them.

7 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Kratos3364(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
Freemancipation:
December period when easterners move back to the east. Everywhere looks so empty. The roads are clear and most businesses are close. Where will Ambode generate his taxes from? Alaye people or omonile?

Yorubas thread carefully with your hate. You will lose out big in the end.

It's very funny for you to think the igbo's are at every nook are crannies in Lagos, following your narrative, the igbo's must have their villages at ekiti, oyo, osun, kaduna, Kano, bayelsa, Benin, akwa ibom or is it the foreign investors that are Igbo's, the Asians, the Americans, the Europeans et al.

About your last statement, don't generalize, not all Yorubas hate igbo's, the same goes for the igbo's too, as far as I can see you are the one with hate in your heart thinking the Yorubas will lose out at the end, please how ? Lets engage each other HOW ?

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by misano(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Pls how much does otedola pay in taxes?

Don't mind dat guy. Otedola pays tax right from oil money, Forte Oil. If his father was not a governor, Otedola would have been nothing. Read his story & U will see how politics & oil money made him, Dangote & Alakija what they are today.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by TimeMod1: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
ephi123:

He can't even spell nonsense[. Mschew. You are a grade A nonentity and I won't waste my time engaging you further. Both this account and your gberra account are one and the same.

And for the record, Mynd.44 banned my alternate account which is why yours should be too. Simple.
Thanks for the correction. I do correct your more horrible mistakes. Saying "thanks " to you is Nothing doing as I say same to my dogs whenever they deserve one.

If you want to confirm how my being a nonentity could provide you a job, free accommodation & feeding for a year, send me your CV if you're not an unemployable shrimp.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Kratos3364(m): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
wizzakosh:
Mumu, so no only easterners move home hahahaha, your kind aba brain weak me.
thank you o, I just don't understand these people at times, they sit in their village in the east thinking the igbo's are everywhere, sad thought process I must say.

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Answer a fool according to his own foolishness, or he will think himself to be wise: Prov26: 5

1) Nigeria is NOT a Communist country or under Military rules where things can be done with out regards to the Law.
Under, which law will you order a private company to open its HQs in a particular place?
2) Please, get educated... Its in your own good interest

Nonaira1:

All this long story to do what?

Facts remain you leech of SS through those oil companies hence your leaders refuses in hell to allow them go back to SS. Asari is 100 percent accurate in what he said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by ephi123(f): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
[s]
TimeMod1:
Thanks for the correction. I do correct your more horrible mistakes. Saying "thanks " to you is Nothing doing as I say same to my dogs whenever they deserve one.

If you want to confirm how my being a nonentity could provide you a job, free accommodation & feeding for a year, send me your CV if you're not an unemployable shrimp.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by TimeMod1: 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Account detector! cheesy See this girl ephi whose pot is calling your own kettle, black! She does not have any proof against you, and she is making all these allegations. Anyway, na their way. They cant spot the difference between fact & fiction!
She is a pretentious hypocrite. Having exposed her tiny hypocritical ass, she admitted one of her account has been jailed. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
TimeMod1:
She is a pretentious hypocrite. Having exposed her tiny hypocritical ass, she admitted one of her account has been jailed. cheesy
Just laugh over their antics, please. They are just jokers.... wink

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Alexis11: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:
[s]Asari would have been nothing too without Ya'radua's amnesty. Northern benevolence!

Anyways good for the foolish Yoruba. We will abandon Yoruba to their pitiful state. They think they can continue to betray the North and go free but that's a fat lie[/s]

Afofungbemu..,
Your poverty stricken useless cow parents are Foolish!!!

Arindin.

5 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by jboi81(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
salford1:

The thread is about Lagos. You can open another thread for Osun if you care so much about its GDP or allocation. My people have better things to think about than worry about Oil companies moving their offices to kafanchan or timbuktu....

Salford you also mentioned ogun and ondo when the thread was on Lagos.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by TimeMod1: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Hahaha!!!! grin grin. I think that is her surname, her boyfriend is worse off a crapshit.
Baba lau, this poor little girl would be sorry tonite.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
TimeMod1:
Hahaha!!!! grin grin. I think that is her surname, her boyfriend is worse off a crapshit.
Baba lau, this poor little girl would be sorry tonite.
Just pity am. wink Leave am for God!
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by abbey621(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
sean1000x:

Shut the effing up. I have explained this many times but you dump afonjas don't get. There is what we call systematic marginalization. There is a reason why Dangote gets help from government and Ibeto doesn't, despite Ibeto having more business acumen and success than him. Ibeto was already a millionaire in the 70s with powerful business structure when Dangote was still borrowing money from his uncle. Dangote can go to CBN and get $million worth of exchange rate, but Ibeto can't. And when Ibeto sources his exchange rate from outside of the country to import his raw materials, that Dangote also imports, his goods are seized at the ports; that he must explain how he got his exchange rates. But Ibeto say to them: I came to you for exchange rate, you refused to give me. So what do you want me to do? You give to Dangote, MRS, Rabiu, Dantata, Chanchangi, Otedola, OANDO exchange rate, but you will not give to Ugochukwu, Ifeanyi Ubah, Ibeto, e.t.c. You see my point Afonja?

There is somebody in UK, telling Nigerian government don't you dare open Port Harcourt, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports. There is nothing Governors and senators can do. It's is called systematic marginalization. Done on purpose to keep SE and SS in One Nigeria...make them dependent on One Nigeria to continue One Nigeria. I had to take several hours to explain this to a yorubaa friend before he gets it, before he didn't understand just like you can't understand. Everything you see happening in Nigeria today is BY DESIGN BY BRITAIN to continue to maintain One Nigeria for their benefit. Any day they will open Port Harcourt, Onne, Calabar, Warri and Ontisha ports, mark my words...within One yr, SE and SS will be calling for separation; because they have all they need to be successful. But now, they are dependent on Lagos ports, even airports for their travel and goods, so this is what is still preventing some SE and SS to support the secession. Britain want it so by design. Have you learned something today?

What you just wrote is plain hogwash and you know it! Forget Buhari, why were the ports not opened by GEJ? Answer this question with some intelligence then perhaps we can have a discussion on your supposed systematic marginalization!

6 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
Your comment sound like the typical complaints of unsuccessful members of (usually polygamous) families who are quick to accuse the successful siblings of unduly benefiting from their parents money used in educating the successful siblings while they make sacrifices by not going to school!

Odingo1:

SW are hypocrites,very soon Lagos nyash will be open, Nigeria as big country with almost 180 million people has only one viable international airport in lagos,one sea port in lagos,all embassies in lagos apart from Abuja, oil headquaters in lagos,bank headquaters, yet yorubas are not satisfied and be calling others names for coming to lagos to do business after other states have sacrifice what belong to them for lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Diversity my azz hypocrites. When your tribalistic lots are always threatening Igbos all the time despite Igbos paying over 50% of Lagos taxes and duties.

Did the Lagos government beg ibo to come and work in Lagos ,,, so if you go to the USA you won't pay taxes right .. since you're paying 50% of taxes in Lagos why can't you move all Your businesses to your potopoto republic and develop it with that much tax payment.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by TimeMod1: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
ephi123:
[s][/s].
Hope you're reveling in your tears right now cheesy. You can fully activate your teary moment sitting in hot ashes. Ko kan ye!
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by TimeMod1: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
laudate:

Just pity am. wink Leave am for God!
K sir.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by ab11baddo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Freemancipation:
Lagos is is the most indebted state in the whole of Nigeria. FACT

Let igbos move out and chicken yansh will open.
will u just shut it and go already..... If it comes down to other Nigerians voting if we want igbos in or out.... Pretty sure 99.998% will want u out....Go be fruitful and multiply

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
Fearlez:

Patch up your leaking emotions: All Nigerians are suffering the lack of seaports in other parts of the country that bound the Atlantic. The car you bought at whatever price is as a result of the high duties charged in Lagos because it is the only international seaport in the country.

And what has private hands got to do with opening of government agencies? In your school they thought you international seaport is set up by individuals?

Warri, port harcourt ports were all functional in the early 80s before it became just a junkyard.

By the way, Lagos remains the only true cosmopolitan state I Nigeria; tribeless

What does private citizens have to do with government agencies? Did you just say this? There's a place called Silicon Valley in the USA that controls 80% of the INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY for HOMELAND SECURITY. There's a company called Berkshire Hathaway along with a couple other companies responsible for mos insurance laws in America. It is only those with low business acumen that would say private citizens have nothing to do with government agencies. Why can't rich businessmen put pressure on their representatives to bring development to their communities? Must everything be so difficult in this country! The problem of closed seaport could have been fixed by 3 different presidents now but it hasn't, this tells you it has nothing to do with tribes but the wealthy people in those areas refusing to invest in their communities and rather putting all their resources in the development of Lagos. You are right about one thing, all Nigerians are suffering from the lack of seaports and it would be beneficial for everyone but make no mistake this has nothing to do with marginalization but lack of leadership and true patriots of the Niger-Delta areas!

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
Odingo1:
SW are hypocrites,very soon Lagos nyash will be open, Nigeria as big country with almost 180 million people has only one viable international airport in lagos,one sea port in lagos,all embassies in lagos apart from Abuja, oil headquaters in lagos,bank headquaters, yet yorubas are not satisfied and be calling others names for coming to lagos to do business after other states have sacrifice what belong to them for lagos.
Why are you so bitter? undecided Nigeria has 4 international airports, in case you do not know. But it isn't your fault. You abandoned your studies to sell electronics at Ogbete market. Now repeat after me: Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano , and Port Harcourt International Airport in Omagwa, Port-harcourt. undecided Even Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu was upgraded and given the status of an international airport, when your sister Princess Stella Ada Oduah was Aviation minister. Do you remember? sad

Most embassies have moved to Abuja which is the political capital of Nigeria. A few countries however have consular offices and deputy high commissions in Lagos. Now are you still following the tutorial? Good. wink I am supposed to charge you for this lesson, but since I am committed to eradicating your ignorance, I will waive the fees, for now.

The banks and oil companies have their head offices in Lagos, but that is not the fault of Lagosians. It is because Lagos remains the commercial capital of Nigeria, and a financial hub. Now, what exactly was stolen from your state or region, and given to Lagos? And what stops the governor of your own state from calling others to come and do business in your area?

8 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by reality1010: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Stop lying boy, The airports, seaports and their agencies are owned by the FG.

Lagos does not earn any tax from them.
Lagos enjoys federal advantages such as sea port and airport even border businesses. Imagine if pH,warri,Onitsha & ibaka and calabar sea ports r functioning Lagos will be less profitable and competing with others.Lagos taxes & revenues r tied to these infrastructures even oil companies. SE/SS should be careful when SW speaks of resource control or restructure bc it will affect them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by talk2emma: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Information reaching my office now form London is that buhari is dead
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
Please sir, get education.

1) Oil is a commodity of trade just like steel, timber, cotton, diamond, limestone etc.
2) Many people investment in the oil &gas industries and its never a crime to do so...you you invest be it in transportation (like ABC transpot), Trading (Like ChukwuNonso &Sons) or oil (Like Ondo), you do so to reap profit.
3) Foreigners (ExxonMobil, Chevron, Elf,Total and Agip) still dominate the Nigerian oil industries and you don't complain but you want to convulse because fellow Nigerians are investing in MARGINAL oil businesses.
4) Stop listening to Radio Biafra ,get useful to yourself and your generation... Start your own oil company.
I wish you good luck!

misano:

Don't mind dat guy. Otedola pays tax right from oil money, Forte Oil. If his father was not a governor, Otedola would have been nothing. Read his story & U will see how politics & oil money made him, Dangote & Alakija what they are today.

7 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by sapele914(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nonaira1:
That's a well known f2king fact.
Why do you think they destroy every attempt by any oil companies HQ that makes plan to move back to SS.

Lagos to me is the biggest leeches. If yoruba so believe that they solely made what it is as they claim, why is that rest of SW looks like a piece of sh1t whom the government have to treat like an IDP camp.

Let's test a theory, let every oil company HQ migrate back to wherever they drill their oil from. Close down every non yoruba companies in SW and have them return back to each region they hail from, then let's wait and see the progress of Lagos.
Who drove the oil companies?the local people, I schooled in the south south both secondary and university,they have been troubling the oil companies since the 1980's,they finally had enough and packed their bags and would prefer to pay both taxes in Lagos and their states of operation,Governor Wike is begging shell to come back to port Harcourt,shell was in Warri they also ran away the good thing about Lagos they create an environment for business,I am equally angry the International oil companies left the south south but I don't blame them,my peeps in that area have refused to think out the box and approach life scientifically.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
God bless you sir.

laudate:

Why are you so bitter? undecided Nigeria has 4 international airports, in case you do not know. But it isn't your fault. You abandoned your studies to sell electronics at Ogbete market. Now repeat after me: Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano , and Port Harcourt International Airport in Omagwa, Port-harcourt. undecided Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu was upgraded and given the status of an international airport, when your sister Princess Stella Ada Oduah was Aviation minister. Do you remember? sad

Most embassies have moved to Abuja which is the commercial capital of Nigeria. A few countries however have consular offices and deputy high commissions in Lagos. now are you still following the tutorial? Good. wink

The banks and oil companies have their head offices in Lagos, but that is not the fault of Lagosians. It is because Lagos remains the commercial capital of Nigeria, and a financial hub. Now, what exactly was stolen from your state or region, and given to Lagos? And what stops the governor of your own state from calling others to come and do business in your state?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by ab11baddo(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
oyatz:
Mr Man, get education please.
1) Oil companies, like all other private companies have rights to run their business (in a legal way) anyhow they like and have the right to have their HQs anywhere under the sun just like you can't order Innoson or Champion newspapers or Ekenedili Chukwu to locate their HQs in a particular State.
2) The oil companies (Chevron, ExxonMobil,Shell, Total,Agip etc) HQs are actually in America,Paris ,Amsterdam and London.
What they have in Nigeria are operational offices.
3) Nigerian oil companies are still crawling behind these multinational oil companies.
4) Petroleum marketing companies like Ondo, MRS, Forte oil and independent marketers only buy petrol from large scale importers or they themselves IMPORT from Venezuela, Brazil, Morocco and distribute across Nigeria... Most of them have nothing to do with Niger Delta.
They are ordinary private companies, they can locate their HQs anywhere.
5) Stop listening to propaganda on Radio Biafra, You too can start your oil company and site the HQ in your Town.
Cheers

my brother... Leave this deluded miscreants to their self deceit ...wanted to say some of ur points above but experience has taught me times without number not to engage in any argument with them... They might just rub some of their foolishness on you

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by misano(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
oyatz:
Please sir, get education.

1) Oil is a commodity of trade just like steel, timber, cotton, diamond, limestone etc.
2) Many people investment in the oil &gas industries and its never a crime to do so...you you invest be it in transportation (like ABC transpot), Trading (Like ChukwuNonso &Sons) or oil (Like Ondo), you do so to reap profit.
3) Foreigners (ExxonMobil, Chevron, Elf,Total and Agip) still dominate the Nigerian oil industries and you don't complain but you want to convulse because fellow Nigerians are investing in MARGINAL oil businesses.
4) Stop listening to Radio Biafra ,get useful to yourself and your generation... Start your own oil company.
I wish you good luck!

After your long reply U missed my point. Here is my point, his wealth still comes from oil. Like it or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support / Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs / 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.