Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nigerians Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad (1211 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad by ruescho(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2007
Don´t know if this is the right place to post,
but sometimes it seems to me visitors coming
from Nigeria to e.g. Europe behave like they are
prince and princess and have a right on every
benefit we´ve been working for hard or our
country grants us cos we pay taxes (opposite
to them not doing so at home).
They are just too demanding.

What´s your experience?
Re: Nigerians Abroad by alabiyemmy(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2007
wetin dis man dey yearn o?
Re: Nigerians Abroad by naijacutee(f): 12:40am On Feb 05, 2007
Sorry, please explain. Are you generalising here due to a bad experience?
Re: Nigerians Abroad by ruescho(m): 9:34am On Feb 05, 2007
OK you are right, topic like this includes some generalization and some bad experience.
But, be honest, did u ever have visitors from Nigeria that come to visit and behave like the world belongs to them,
like they have a right on everything?
Also I think of some (OK, not all) new immigrants, that take everything for granted and just wanna live
on social wellfare instead of trying to get some work.
That relax, let others pay for them instead of trying to get the papers?
Sorry, not all are like this, but me I experience behaviour like this many times.
They might be prince and princess or chief or whatever at home, but they don´t realize, that in Europe they are nothing.
Nobody cares (yes it´s hard, but it´s like this)
unless they build it up themselves!
Re: Nigerians Abroad by dblock(m): 10:06am On Feb 05, 2007
I personally prefer Nigerians In Nigeria to Nigerians in Diaspora
Re: Nigerians Abroad by desiree(f): 2:18am On Feb 06, 2007
What would have them do, it is not like the employment system in Germany favors Africans, I know Africans born and breed in Germany and still cannot get decent jobs.
Re: Nigerians Abroad by Damest09(f): 2:30am On Feb 06, 2007
Is there only Nigerians in Germany, they may do whatever as in what you said. What makes you the prince and say Nigerians are not. What makes Germany a better? I don't blame you at all.Nigerians probably work more than you do. Appreciate them, they are in your country you shd be happy people from other countries come to yours. If they get a job, they will do it but it might be hard for them to get a job. Some Nigerians are in need today and they might not tommorrow. If you're in their shoe what would you do?
Re: Nigerians Abroad by ruescho(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2007
Nice u don´t blame me at all just assert I don´t work as hard as others do, but just let me tell u one thing:

I am not at all talking about those, that come her and work. I know howhard it is for them to find work. OK?!

I even don´t talk about those that come here and get involved into drug-business and prostitution.
Sometimes I think it ´s a mistakt of the system here in gErmany they find thmeselves in a miserable situation
and have no choice.

But I clearly speak out against those, that come here, lean back and want other people (like relatives that already live her or
that german people that are stupid enough to pay taxes) to work for their benefit.
They want to eat asyl and eat social money but really don´t even try to stand on their own feet.
They even blame others for their miserable situation, cos they have been prince or oba or I don´t know what else at home
and now want to be treated likewise. This is the problem, you understand now better?
Re: Nigerians Abroad by LoverBwoy(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2007
I understand you better, for some its frustration, some dumbness for others its pure laziness!

I met this guy who came on a visiting visa last year, he is a retired bank worker .
he was going on about how the employment agencies can't/wont register him. he was told they will get him work permit

Later on he went to the job center to apply for jobseekers allowance since he was running low on funds "he was told" if you're not working you are entitled to some weekly allowance

all in all he was pissed at the whole system, apparently he's "blessed with 3 wives, 2 houses and several lands in Ibadan"

the Somalians are they worst i think, they rarely work! they get all the benefits available and still complain

(1) (Reply)

Info On Dublin Visa? / Easter Family Fun April 24th: Lagos State Water Regatta On The Way / I Need Swaziland Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.