Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,533 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:23 PM

Stop Buying Gionee Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Buying Gionee Phones (15579 Views)

Gionee Phones Below 40,000, 30,000 & 20,000 Naira / Gionee Phones Vs Xiaomi Phones / Stay Away From Gionee Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Goahead(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
You're absolutely correct, Gionee don't update their phones. Although, their products are top notch, powerful as hell. I'm still having my compact Gionee M3mini and it's working flawlessly.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Akjwyzepal(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:
I see Gionee marketers have invaded my thread. I'm calling out Gionee's attitude of not updating their phones. If you are happy to use Windows XP on your computer, that is your business. The rest of us have the right to ask that a phone that costs N120K to buy should run latest OS and get updated for at least two years after release. My two living Gionee phones (M5 and M5Plus) are not serving me right now. The M5 is with wify, while the M5Plus is enjoying its retirement in my drawer, waiting to be dashed out. I will sell it for 50K to anyone who likes running old lollipop on their phones. Only Ibadan peeps, please.

By the way, my Mi Max, which costs about half of what I paid Konga for my M5Plus, has Snapdragon 652, 6.44 inch screen, 3GB of RAM, 64GB Storage, outstanding battery (4850mah) and running Android Nougat 7.1.2. I have no doubt that I will get a custom rom upgrade to Android O when it lands. The Gionee marketers should keep using their outdated phones.
because a knife cut your hand u will throw it away. Instead of u to say all Gionee users to demand for OS update from the company so that the company will see it as a serious issue and they will tell the makers in china. We should correct and stop criticizing.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Akjwyzepal(m): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:
I see Gionee marketers have invaded my thread. I'm calling out Gionee's attitude of not updating their phones. If you are happy to use Windows XP on your computer, that is your business. The rest of us have the right to ask that a phone that costs N120K to buy should run latest OS and get updated for at least two years after release. My two living Gionee phones (M5 and M5Plus) are not serving me right now. The M5 is with wify, while the M5Plus is enjoying its retirement in my drawer, waiting to be dashed out. I will sell it for 50K to anyone who likes running old lollipop on their phones. Only Ibadan peeps, please.

By the way, my Mi Max, which costs about half of what I paid Konga for my M5Plus, has Snapdragon 652, 6.44 inch screen, 3GB of RAM, 64GB Storage, outstanding battery (4850mah) and running Android Nougat 7.1.2. I have no doubt that I will get a custom rom upgrade to Android O when it lands. The Gionee marketers should keep using their outdated phones.
if ur xiaomi get fault u go knw.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
it is only flagship phones that are absolutely guaranteed android updates

what the op is going on about is not a gionee issue - it is an android issue

the correct term is fragmentation

the only android devices supposedly guaranteed updates are nexus devices.

everything else depends on the manufacturer

for instance, samsung will only give three updates for their flagship devices - note and s

as for others oyo.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by sheriffman(m): 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Well I bought an M5 mini and got an OTA upgrade frm Version 5 to 6.Dats my experience

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:

pls fam.... hw do u get the xiomi fones am interested
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by lavenderjade(m): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:
I have purchase three Gionee phones and I have encouraged at least four friends of mine to do the same. I have forgotten the model of the first one, but it was one of the earliest ones. The second was Marathon M5 purchased mainly because of its humongous battery. I actually loved the phone as it cured me of “dead phone anxiety syndrome” where you keep checking your phone battery levels, carrying around power bank or looking around for where to charge your phone at mid day.

Gionee M5 was a solid phone. Great performance, good camera and great battery life. So, when I wanted to upgrade, I moved up to Gionee M5 Plus for the bigger screen, bigger storage and RAM.

The two phones are great performers with outstanding battery life. But, I hate the Gionee skin on the android. It is called Amigo UI. I hated it, but I found ways around it and I established a fairly passable relationship with it.

Sadly, Gionee does not update its phone to newer android versions. This is the unfortunate undoing of Gionee phones; they do not receive android updates beyond what came with them. Needless to say that both my M5 and M5 Plus are stuck with Android Lollipop (L) even now that we are on the verge of getting Android O.

The situation of custom ROM is even worse. Since Gionee does not comply with the GPL, it does not release the kernel sources for its phones, so independent developers are unable to create custom ROMs and improve the phone.

So, unless you like using outdated OS or buying new phones every time a new android phone update is released, STAY AWAY FROM GIONEE.

I’m currently using a Xiaomi Mi Max running custom Android ROM based on the latest 7.1.2 Nougat and I’m one happy camper.

https://naijatek./2017/06/24/stop-buying-gionee-phones/

lalasticlala
Gave my gionee m5 out last week.. Currently using Xiaomi redmi note 4. 4gb ram 64gb rom
Superb OTA update..gionee is updateless..

Me love updates..d miui skin is d best in d android world..
Una wey like gionee m5 mai shw una hw my own bn fine bfr i pursue it

2 Likes

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by sexxydiva(f): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Olibboy: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:
I have purchase three Gionee phones and I have encouraged at least four friends of mine to do the same. I have forgotten the model of the first one, but it was one of the earliest ones. The second was Marathon M5 purchased mainly because of its humongous battery. I actually loved the phone as it cured me of “dead phone anxiety syndrome” where you keep checking your phone battery levels, carrying around power bank or looking around for where to charge your phone at mid day.

Gionee M5 was a solid phone. Great performance, good camera and great battery life. So, when I wanted to upgrade, I moved up to Gionee M5 Plus for the bigger screen, bigger storage and RAM.

The two phones are great performers with outstanding battery life. But, I hate the Gionee skin on the android. It is called Amigo UI. I hated it, but I found ways around it and I established a fairly passable relationship with it.

Sadly, Gionee does not update its phone to newer android versions. This is the unfortunate undoing of Gionee phones; they do not receive android updates beyond what came with them. Needless to say that both my M5 and M5 Plus are stuck with Android Lollipop (L) even now that we are on the verge of getting Android O.

The situation of custom ROM is even worse. Since Gionee does not comply with the GPL, it does not release the kernel sources for its phones, so independent developers are unable to create custom ROMs and improve the phone.

So, unless you like using outdated OS or buying new phones every time a new android phone update is released, STAY AWAY FROM GIONEE.

I’m currently using a Xiaomi Mi Max running custom Android ROM based on the latest 7.1.2 Nougat and I’m one happy camper.

https://naijatek./2017/06/24/stop-buying-gionee-phones/

lalasticlala
that's why I hate most gionee phones. Even tekno upgrade
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by jaymichael(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
adrusa:

They aren't Gionee marketers in my opinion. I love gionee very much. If not for recession, I would have bought another gionee when I wanted to replace my m3 mini. This hot4 lite I bought feels like a toy to me compared to the gionee phones I have used before..

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by adebola001: 1:11am On Jul 04, 2017
I can't remember the last time I go out with a power since I have been using my Gionee M5 Marathon it simply the best. � of all phone.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Simonokeh7(m): 1:30am On Jul 04, 2017
Kkk issoke with d large ba3 life warabou d intrenet speed is it kul on gionee P8W cos Ahlm plannin' on buyin' dat 4one advice pliz
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by wayisshut: 4:06am On Jul 04, 2017
femi4:
what you are facing now is network issue

thank you sir. my network is damn bad.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by wayisshut: 4:12am On Jul 04, 2017
mrMeen:
go to command prompt admin and type "netsh winsock reset" and then restart the laptop.

thank you so much sir. I would give you a feedback but for now I am having network issues.
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by sauceEEP(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2017
11hrs on screen time with 13 percent still remaining. My gionee m6 is a monster device. The highest i got on my sony xperia z2 is 5hrs on screen time though sony phones are good.

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by horlahwaley(m): 8:09am On Jul 04, 2017
lie op. am using gionee m5mini which came with android L but i received ota upgrade to android 6.0
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by wayisshut: 8:10am On Jul 04, 2017
mrMeen:
go to command prompt admin and type "netsh winsock reset" and then restart the laptop.

I am following you. THanks so much cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by wayisshut: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2017
femi4:
what you are facing now is network issue

Thank you so much sir it worked . I am following you right awy
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2017
adrusa:

Bring the m5 plus, I dey p.h now will add 10k to ur already qouta, making it 60k plus t.fare after someone helps me examine am, I ave used a redmi note 3 before switching to sammy, and i can tell that xiaomi is still poo wen compared to Sammy.. OS upgrades doe's not guaranteed great usage.
Gionee offer's value to usage.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by LarryBeryl(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2017
The way apps run on KitKat is the same they run on Lollypop. The upgrade is baseless to me because it comes with unimportant features that does not make a real difference.

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by fabby101: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2017
Hi guys, am currently using the m5 D best phone I have used so far very lovely but I want an upgrade and I don't know which to go for, help me

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by charlesluthor(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2017
So Op, u still dey wait for Gionee to roll out updates for u... Happy waiting! wen lots of custom rom full everywhere, porting of roms nd odas... continue waiting o! If it's not Gionee, it cannot be Gionee.. Flexing my A1 with ported rom. Hala Gionee!!!

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by charlesluthor(m): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2017
fabby101:
Hi guys, am currently using the m5 D best phone I have used so far very lovely but I want an upgrade and I don't know which to go for, help me
mini of main m5. I can send u roms, but hope u sabi upgrade? make u nor go brick ur phone o
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by sammylakes: 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Na true ooo,

That is how they would come here to be white-listing their errors... I would like to know them bro lets tackle them and take the complaints straight to them, Could you help out with their names here so we can see.

adrusa:

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by techsparkhub: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Wetin this mumu dey post

I gat andriod 7.0 update on my gionee s6s
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
Onyenna:
I use a Marathon M5 Device[bought it last year] and I'm loving it.....My Galaxy S4 is somewhere in my wardrobe gathering dust.....

I Understand what the OP is trying to say..... It's a very big disadvantage for Gionee to produce such lovely phones with powerful batteries and NOT allow updates on them.....And truely, I concur...... These Gionee top notch devices should @ least support OTA updates/upgrades........So appalling to say the least....

......[though I'm not that bothered cos i stopped rooting/tweaking my phones a long time ago]....

......M5 gives me exactly what i need......
Please can you sow a seed in my life with the S4?
I so need it. please :-((
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by galadima77(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
kick:
Well that is your opinion, Me I love their phones, they are very strong, reliable and durable. The amigo ui gives you HD display but you can also by pass Amigo ui by downloading a different android luncher. Me if it is not gionee I won't even get any android device. It is the only device that hardly gives me headaches.

Gbam!!! Need I say I never think about charging during d day and picture quality? OP you're entitled to ur opinion o but #teamgioneem5 all the way!!

With this slowpoke NEPA?

1 Like

Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by femi4: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
CHESTER48:
who updates help?? Like seriously.
You're just a novice cry cry
Olodo....ki lomode e mo
Re: Stop Buying Gionee Phones by busuyi44: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
masterP042:
Nonsense thread! Op my Gionee m5 mini came with android 5.0, it has been upgraded to marshmallow since last year
Let us see d screenshotof it phone ROM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / Telcom Firms Shun Isa Pantami’s Data Cut Directive / Facebook Unveil Messenger Codes, Messenger Username And Messenger Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.