Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:30 PM

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida (7956 Views)

Almajiri Voting In The North. "Fear Not" Not = North (photos) / For Nigerians: US Is The Biggest Evil NOT North Korea (2) / To Nigerians: US Regime Is The Biggest Evil Not North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Right here on Nairaland I urge
all Nairalanders from the South
East, South West and deep South
to call us what we wish to be
called : MIDDLEBELTERS. Jacob
changed his name and his destiny changed. We want to
change our political destiny and
I invite all of you to our political
baptism. We are not North
Central but Middlebelt. Do not
help to consolidate and perpetuate the powers that
want to hold this country
hostage.
This is imperative. Let us unmask
once and for all the powers that
want this country to go to pieces.
We say NO to Northern
hegemony
We say NO to North Central
categorization
We say NO to Fulani herdsmen despoiling farms, killing people
in the middle belt and
everywhere else in Nigeria
We say NO to those clamping
down on the drive to restructure
Nigeria and birth a nation. Let no man think that I hate the
North. I don't. I just want a
good, just, equitable, developed
country. Shikena
by Mujtahida
Coptic gravas Terkimbi01, Kathmandu, QueenOfNepal, Proudlyngwa, malton

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Bros, there is nothing like middle belt, just as there is nothing like South South,
Middle belt of what exactly.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Bros, there is nothing like middle belt, just as there is nothing like South South,
of Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Gravas(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
YES.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
of Nigeria
so where is the beginning of the belt and where is the end.
Your geographic location is determined by what asix of the river Niger you are on.
Are you north of the Niger or south of the Niger

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by EzeUche(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Will you keep quiet!

Support the Middle Belt's struggle against Northern hegemony.

They know it better than anyone else.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
so where is the beginning of the belt and where is the end.
Your geographic location is determined by what asix of the river Niger you are on.
Are you north of the Niger or south of the Niger
so which makes more sense, south central or north central, look at the map again

7 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
EzeUche:

Will you keep quiet!

Bros please, where is this middle belt located.
Kindly answer.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
so which makes more sense, south central or north central, look at the map again
The problem of Nigeria started with the creation of Geopolitical zones,
If we are to go with the map, you guys are in Northern Nigeria. The earlier we all do away with, religion, tradition, regionalism and favourism and work towards ideology, patriotism, transparency et al, better for us.
As far as concerned, you are from Northern Nigeria.
That doesn't make you any lesser, it doesn't make you hausa neither does it make you a Muslim.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Curlieweed: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
hostage.
We say NO to Northern
hegemony
categorization
in the middle belt and
country. Shikena
by Mujtahida
Coptic gravas Terkimbi01, Kathmandu, QueenOfNepal, Proudlyngwa

I thought you were against tribalism and division.

If I was from the "core" North or more accurately the shariah belt, I'll think you guys are trying to isolate and weaken us. I'll also remember that Kano was once under the suzerainty of the Jukun which was a core path of the Kwararafa confederacy (and incidentally the nucleus of yourmiddle belt) and become very worried.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by kheart(m): 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Booked
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by paschu: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
I don't think I understood your intent on this comment.

Curlieweed:

If I was from the "core" North or more accurately the shariah belt, I'll think you guys are trying to isolate and weaken us. I'll also remember that Kano was once under the suzerainty of the Jukun which was a core path of the Kwararafa confederacy (and incidentally the nucleus of yourmiddle belt) and become very worried.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Curlieweed:

we were used and dump in every election after our full support to them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
paschu:
I don't think I understood your intent on this comment.

as well
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Mujtahida: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
hostage.
We say NO to Northern
hegemony
categorization
in the middle belt and
country. Shikena
by Mujtahida
Coptic gravas Terkimbi01, Kathmandu, QueenOfNepal, Proudlyngwa, malton
We have to be proactive. Even in this space we can generate awareness for other Nigerians to see us how we want to be seen. We have for too long been appendages to the North in an unequal arrangement. I do not seek to propagate hate or division or contempt against anybody or section. I respect the Hausa man and the Fulani. But I realise that to tag us as North Central is to foist a fraud on us for purposes of political gains which do not in the truest sense bring about national development.

We should also use this thread to educate those in the South West, South East and deep South on the ethnic configurations and complexities of the middle belt and even the North so that their understanding can be broadened. Too many of them are shockingly and abysmally bereft of this critical knowledge and their viewing us through the prism of the North only further entrenches the power of the North.

In truth, a sober reflection on the middle belt will show that we are the hands and legs of the North. As unfortunate as it is, it was our fathers that formed the bulk of the rank and file that fought the civil war and ever since the war we have been hypnotised by some strange political spell to do the will of the North. We say No to that from henceforth. Our loyalty is to Nigeria because I believe(and I hope I am not wrong) that most of us from the Middlebelt love Nigeria and though we decry the present system we would gladly embrace a Nigeria that embraces all under a system that adequately caters to the need of all.

Let us create consciousness. Eventually behaviour will align with consciousness. I greet you all.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
They termed themselves as Middle belt to connote the Northern minority.

9 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
They termed themselves as Middle belt to connote the Northern minority..

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Curlieweed: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
we were used and dump in every election after our full support to them.

Haba Oga!

This isn't exactly true. In the life of this current republic, 2015 was the first time you guys supported than and even then only partially.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PDJT: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
-I think the war of where Middle-belt belong will really be fierce and bloody. Not to say the years of violence there hasn't being.

-The best each Nation/Tribe can do is to start a vigorous campaign to distinguish themselves and position itself for the eventuality. This "We're Middle-belters" is lazy, crowded and definitely doesn't hold water.

-Without the above, The Fulani caliphate will continue to do what they do best, enslaving your people. Remember they had the highest concentration of Slaves in the world even before Europeans got into the groove, and most of those Slaves where from the tribes in current day Northern Nigeria.

-The minority Tribes in the North ran Nigeria from mid 60s to late 70s, Gowon's kitchen cabinet known then as "Oxford Tribe"(Oxford Uni. Grads) attests to this, but whatever they achieved the Fulani caliphate took the glory and ran away with it.

-Anyway, I support una hussle not minding your roles in the pogrom, genocide and war on my people. 3 million people and counting isn't a joke ooo!

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
They termed themselves as Middle belt to connote the Northern minority..
And am saying is time we did away with all this majority, minority nonsense.
I mean which upcoming nation still does that shit, we need to define how we want to move forward and it certainly is not on the idea of locality, language or religion.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PDJT: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Curlieweed:

Haba Oga!

This isn't exactly true. In the life of this current republic, 2015 was the first time you guys supported than and even then only partially.

-Which of the Tribes do you belong to?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Naked truth.

We are not North Central but middle belt.

We no longer want to be addressed as north central.

We hereby proclaim ourselves the middlebelt, and not North Central.

The prevailing wisdom is that we seek to carve an identify different from that of the core north and state categorically that the term "north central" exists only.for the benefits of the core northerners who love using land and population to their advantages.

We want no part of that.

Besides, we have suffered more grievously than any other group from the activities of the herdsmen in recent years.

Our forebears allowed them into our lands all because they were open and receptive to all. Today, their hospitality has turned back to haunt us right in our backyards.

Some silly ignoramuses like that dolt from Kaduna (the one who types in red ink) even go as far as claiming the middle belt as fulani land.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PapaBrowne(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Dude, A people have the freedom to determine for themselves what to be called.

Most South Southerners are okay with the term. Its only South Easterners and South Westerners that come to tell us that there is nothing like that.

We have chosen to identify our minority status as collective group. And for that reason we call ourselves Niger Deltans or South Southerners or as the poster has said middle beltans. It's none of your business what we choose to call ourselves.

Ask yourself what the meaning of Downtown is. Why is the center of a city called Downtown? To you it makes no sense but to the users of English, creativity is welcome

11 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PDJT: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And am saying is time we did away with all this majority, minority nonsense.
I mean which upcoming nation still does that shit, we need to define how we want to move forward and it certainly is not on the idea of locality, language or religion.

-Are you advocating the death of individual Tribe/Nation's language and hence identity?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Most South Southerners are okay with the term. Its only South Easterners and South Westerners that come to tell us that there is nothing like that.

We have chosen to identify our minority status as collective group. And for that reason we call ourselves Niger Deltans or South Southerners or as the poster has said middle beltans. It's none of your business what we choose to call ourselves.

Ask yourself what the meaning of Downtown is. Why is the center of a city called Downtown? To you it makes no sense but to the users of English, creativity is welcome

Thank you for this, bro.

I wonder what he's fretting over.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:

And that is what am saying, it's divide and rule tactics, that made you people to be given that term and inferiority complex, that made you people accept it.
South South was coined by some one who was not from the south south Geopolitical region, if you want to identify, identify with your geographic region, not some formulary for sharing.
Geographically where are you from.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
PDJT:

-Are you advocating the death of individual Tribe/Nation's language and hence identity?
No, I am advocating that where you are at a particular time is where you represent.
Until we start seeing it in that light. We will continue having bigotry in our hearts.
Language is good, culture is good, it is what defines us as a people, but when it becomes what defines us as a nation, there becomes a big problem.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Curlieweed: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

We have to be proactive. Even in this space we can generate awareness for other Nigerians to see us how we want to be seen. We have for too long been appendages to the North in an unequal arrangement. I do not seek to propagate hate or division or contempt against anybody or section. I respect the Hausa man and the Fulani. But I realise that to tag us as North Central is to foist a fraud on us for purposes of political gains which do not in the truest sense bring about national development.

We should also use this thread to educate those in the South West, South East and deep South on the ethnic configurations and complexities of the middle belt and even the North so that their understanding can be broadened. Too many of them are shockingly and abysmally bereft of this critical knowledge and their viewing us through the prism of the North only further entrenches the power of the North.

In truth, a sober reflection on the middle belt will show that we are the hands and legs of the North. As unfortunate as it is it was our fathers that formed the bulk of the rank and file that fought the civil war and ever since the war we have been hypnotised by some strange political spell to do the will of the North. We say No to that from henceforth. Our loyalty is to Nigeria because I believe(and I hope I am not wrong) that most of us from the Middlebelt love Nigeria and though we decry the present system we would gladly embrace a Nigeria that embraces all.

Let us create consciousness. Eventually behaviour will align with consciousness. I greet you all.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to prematurely accuse you of intellectual hypocrisy.

However, I doubt if most of us looking to secede from the current federation do so because we are worried about a dominant North. We simply want to build a genuine nation with people that share the same values, vision and history.

There are good people all over the planet (and bad individuals as well) but nations exist out of consent or desire to live together and the will to perpetuate the value of a common heritage in an undivided form. It has nothing to do with whether the other people (outside your nation) are good or bad ( even if you can use such simplistic descriptions on whole ethnicities).

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Curlieweed: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
PDJT:

-Which of the Tribes do you belong to?

I'm Igbo. Why do you ask?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PDJT: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No, I am advocating that where you are at a particular time is where you represent.
Until we start seeing it in that light. We will continue having bigotry in our hearts.
Language is good, culture is good, it is what defines us as a people, but when it becomes what defines us as a nation, there becomes a big problem.
-Ok. But Nigeria is not a Nation in true sense of the term, rather what we refer as Tribes are actually the Nations.
-In my opinion, this Nations need to advocate for the recognition of their Nationhoods (rather than lump themselves as a geographical expression) and then willingly come together as amalgamation of Nations. *See the USA.*
-Meanwhile, why can't all this Nations represent individual States, with their executive, legislature & judiciary, within Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
EzeUche:

Will you keep quiet!

Very soon you will start your land grabbing antics again just like your IPOB that included the middle belt tribes of Idoma and Igala in their imaginary map.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
Curlieweed:

Haba Oga!

the support its not only on election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Accident That Happened In Sapele Delta State Today (photos) / Is Ibrahim Babangida Dead? / Abia Unrest: See What A Nigerian Soldier From Nsukka Posted On Facebook(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.