Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj (90789 Views)

Happy Married Life To TiffanyJ / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
I began writing this story last year and abandon it due to the fact that I was busy. Finally, my story is almost ready and here I am again.
My fans, I decided to deliberately not mention people to this thread. Everyone is welcome. Updates will come twice in a week because I am a very busy person (please bear with me)

We all have a past but it is paramount to never allow our past determine our future. Happy reading

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Divepen1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Tiffany! Tiffany!! Tiffanyjjjj

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
Divepen1:
Tiffany! Tiffany!! Tiffanyjjjj
Oga Divepen I greet you well

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by yewande1234(f): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Following.......
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by missuniverse(f): 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Tiffan is back again!
Bring it on

FOLLOWING...

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by dupsai(f): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Following.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by nabla(f): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
am seated o abeg who dey being popcorn

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by nifemilizD: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
I dey ur back, I have been an addicted reader to all ur stories, I definitely believe this ll also b mind blowing. thumb up 4 u ma'am.keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by goldwaters(f): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Let's go there Tiff.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by mofy1(f): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
It's TiffanyJ again grin

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Ephhay(f): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yayyyyyy...Following grin

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by bellefidel(f): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
yes oh am here life and direct

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by LilySopi(f): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
Bring it on... Following bumper to power 100

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Temtopy(f): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
hurray TiffanyJ is back again, I can't wait no more- bring it on TiffanyJ. following you anywhere ni

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by rachealfst(f): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Another master piece from the Queen herself. I'm in already, let me quickly take the front seat. Following all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by yewande1234(f): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
rachealfst:
Another master piece from the Queen herself. I'm in already, let me quickly take the front seat. Following all the way.
Big sis pls shift let me sit beside u

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Let the ride begin As long as the updates will be constant.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by rachealfst(f): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
yewande1234:
Big sis pls shift let me sit beside u
I trust you, you will never carry last. Oya, sit comfortably beside me. I got you.

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by olaiyatolulope(f): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
yes oooo...... Tiff is at it again.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by queenitee(f): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
I'm here, I missed Tiff's work jhor

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Julietogbo(f): 2:49am On Jul 04, 2017
yay Madame tiffanyj is back.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Kusibe77(m): 3:51am On Jul 04, 2017
Naso, lemme just siddon

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by EvaJael(f): 6:04am On Jul 04, 2017
TifannyJ I'm well seated.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Shakyroh320(f): 6:12am On Jul 04, 2017
all protocols duly observed and respected, I remain my humble self, I don dey here to enjoy this

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2017
TiffanyJ is back again!

I won't miss this one for anything

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2017
welcome back tiffanyJgrin
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by princessadeola(f): 7:34am On Jul 04, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Chubbiehills(f): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2017
bumper to number, I dey follow you.
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by domido(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2017
Finally we get to see a new one. Welcome our Tiff J.
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2017
All rights reserve, no part of this work should be copied in any written form.

The characters bear names of southern kaduna origin.

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2017
CHAPTER ONE
'You should Marry Tissan, Shayet. We need his money'
'Sounds like you are selling me off like a piece of clothing, mother'
'I am not. You know that honey don't you? Your brother will miss his opportunity to study at the university'
'So I am the sacrificial lamb?', Shayet asked her mother
'Tissan loves you. Don't forget, I sacrificed myself for you to be a graduate. It's high time you do same for Suchet'
'You want me to sleep around for money like you?'
'I want you to Marry a handsome and rich man who loves you. At least, you won't have to fornicate with that rascal Emmanuel anymore'
'Its Emmanuel I love'
'Nonsense, why in the hell are you so blind? Emmanuel is just playing you'
'What do you know about love when you spent your life being a kept woman to every Harry in town?'
Baboshia stood up from the chair she was occupying. She walked across to Shayet, who was slumped in a chair and slapped her, twice just as Suchet came into the room.
Suchet was tall, fair, at twenty one. He looked from his mother's angry face to his elder sister's eyes filled with tears which she wouldn't let fall.
'What is the problem mother? You just slapped Shayet'
'Yes, and I don't regret it a bit. Speak disrespectfully at me again and I will beat you up Shayet. Just so you know, I don't care what you think of me anymore. Of all my kids, you are so self centered like your bastard of a father. You don't have to marry Tissan if you don't want to. Just stay out of my way...'
'Mother please don't call my father into this. I didn't choose him, you did, of all men, you chose a foolish man to be my father' Shayet shouted in tears
Baboshia slapped her again, as hard as she could. 'Get out of my sight before I strangle you'
'Mother I can't stand this anymore. You and Shayet are always fighting. Now its because of me. Hear this Announcement, I don't want to school. I will not have my sister marry a man she does not love for me, I will not have my mum and my sister fight over me. No, I will get a job and help in the upkeep of the house', Suchet said calmly
'You will go to school Suchet' Baboshia and Shayet chorused.
'No, I won't', he said and walked out
Shayet and her mother stared after him. Baboshia broke down in tears. Shayet went to her but she shrugged.
'Just let me be Shayet'
'I am sorry mother'
'No, you are not. How could you tell me all those hurtful words after I called all three of you and told you the story of my life. Suchet and Kasham understood me, not you. Why are you bend on making me remember the past I had?. Yes, I was a kept woman, yes I have three kids and none shared a father and yes I love you all equally to a point of distraction, I can't bear you telling me hurtful words. If you know you won't curb your mouth when you are with me, please move out. You are twenty-five and a graduate. You can take care of yourself'
'Mother, I'm so sorry. Please do forgive me'
Shayet felt a bit sorry for her mother. She knew Baboshia's story too well. Baboshia's Parents died when she was thirteen. No one wanted to be saddled with a teenager, all those friends and relatives she thought she had disappeared. All but one...uncle Ade. Uncle Ade was her father's cousin working as an accountant with ministry of finance. He took her in and enrolled her in a school. For the two years she lived with him, Baboshia found a little peace. He was hardly at home but he made sure her school fees were paid, there was always food in her stomach and she was properly clothed. These basic needs never erased the emptiness in her heart nor the loneliness.
Her life took another turn when uncle Ade announced he was getting married. The wedding took place a bit too soon and six months later, her new aunty was put to bed with a baby girl. After her birth, Aunty Norman began showing her true colours. She hit Baboshia at any given opportunity. Surprisingly, her uncle didn't seem to care. Soon, her aunty began starving her and calling her names. Baboshia was asked to drop out of school in order to help take care of baby Tessy. At seventeen, she hardly even had clothes anymore. She was a full blooded house girl with no education.

Baboshia ran away from home when her aunty's brother paid them a visit and one night forced himself on her. She became a street girl. She met a man, a married man who promised to pay her fees and marry her. That was her chance and she jumped into it. True to his words, he rented a two bedroom flat for her and she lived there as his mistress. Jonas promised to divorce his wife and marry her. Two months later, she discovered she was pregnant. Jonas treated her like a queen and even began making plans for her to return to school after she is put to bed but fate wasn't on her side. She was three months gone when Jonah's wife of ten years took in. His attention was divided. A woman he thought was barren proved him wrong. When Baboshia was put to bed and little Shayet appeared, the disappointment was written all over his face. He hardly came for a visited any more. Three months later, mrs Jonas was delivered of a baby boy. That was it. Jonas stopped coming and went back home to his wife. A few months later, the landlord began knocking on her door. Heartbroken and confused, she was only nineteen. A banker offered her a house in return for sexual favours. She agreed, not minding the wagging tongues. Where were they when her aunty maltreated her and where were they when she was defiled at seventeen? They kept saying it was none of their business, now it was their business that she was now a 'prost.tute' as they termed her.

For two years, she remained Aliba's lover, but her baby was well fed and clothe. That alone was fulfillment. She took in, and little Suchet greeted the world. Her banker friend stuck around and even enrolled Shayet in a school. Her time was up when he was transfered to another state. He promised to go look for a house and send for them but he never did came back. It took her six months to realize he wasn't coming back. Alone, with two kids to fend for made her cry every night. She tried getting a job to no avail. No one around wanted to hire her and the fact that she had no qualifications never helped her. She managed for a few years and then, her knight in shining amour appeared. Yes, Kuyet was an engineer who fell hopelessly in love with a kept woman. He not only loved her, he was the next thing to a father Shayet and Suchet ever hoped for. He always made sure there was food on the table for everyone and that his lover's kids went to school.
At some point, Shayet came to love and respect him like a father. He often took them out and spoil them with gifts and to Baboshia surprise, he honestly loved her kids. He would had married Baboshia but his family won't hear of it. His old man specifically forbade him from marrying a 'prost.tute'. It was with joy that Kuyet announced to them over dinner one evening that Baboshia was expecting.
'Shayet, Suchet, you will soon have a new sibling. Your mother is pregnant'
'What?' Shayet asked
'You should be happy for us. Or are you upset choco?' Choco was his nick name for Shayet
'I'm not upset uncle Kuyet, aren't you going to marry mum?'
Kuyet sighed sadly, ' you all know I love your mother but you also know that I would have married her if not for...'
'Your family', Suchet put in.
There was an uncomfortable silence. Nevertheless, a few months later, he moved them to a three bedroom flat. When little Kasham appeared, Kuyet was the happiest. He began sometimes sleeping over, Neither Shayet nor Suchet cared, he was too good a man.

Shayet was in her second year at the university when the cold hands of death took him, Kasham was eleven. He had an accident on his way back from a contract job at Kogi state. His family wouldn't even let Baboshia and her children attend the burial ceremony. They fought and accused her of putting Kuyet in a spell that wouldn't let him even marry nor have a child.
'But he has a child. Kasham is his', Shayet stated
'Never, we will never acknowledge this bastard as Kuyet's child. She is not part of us. We know our brother owned this house, we want you out, in three days', his elder sister hatefully spite out.

Lawyers appeared the next day and said that Baboshia and her kids must be there for the reading of the will. He willed the flat to Baboshia and put enough money for Shayet to graduate from school. To Suchet he gave his gold wristwatch and laptop and to Kasham, a sum of money will come to her when she clock twenty-one.
'Baboshia my love, I am destined to love only one woman, you. Get a job, I trained you in catering, work honestly and help the kids through school', the lawyers had read and Baboshia burst into tears.
Kuyet had told Shayet to take care of Suchet and Kasham. His family contested but a will is a will and they were not given a choice.
'I will never sell this watch, it is priceless', Suchet had proudly declared.
'I'm with you on this one Suchet. It will remind you of a good man we had' Shayet put in.

'Young lady I am talking to you', her mother's hand brought her back from Kuyet.
'Mum, uncle Kuyet would want me to get a job and help out. I promised him that'
'I know sweetheart but you tried already. Look at you, you have finished serving your father land and have been going helter skelter without a job. You really tried Shayet, paying Kasham's fees twice with your allowance, buying the Joint admission and matriculation form for Suchet and helping out with our feeding. I am a good caterer but these days, I hardly get any job again'
'Don't worry ma, I will just keep trying'
'You know, I know you didn't buy clothes for yourself when you were serving'
'I don't need clothes now. I need a job'
'Talk to Tissan, he will help you secure a good job'
'No'

'I am in love', Tissan told Richard over dinner that evening.
'No, you are head over heels in lust', Rich replied
'I will marry her'
'And when you get tired of her?'
'I won't, she is different from them all'
'What makes her different? Are you blind or are you the only one in Sabo that doesn't know that she is a bastard and into a sexual relationship with a man so poor like her?'
'I know'
'Good, your mum will disown you'
'Will you stop it? I don't care about my mother, she always treats me like a child'
'You are her only child, what do you expect?'
Tissan kept mute, thoughts of Shayet clouded his memory. He first saw her while she was in her final year at the university. He had gone to visit a friend of his dad who was a lecturer at the state University. She had walked past him in her haste to go for a lecture. He had never believed in love at first sight but Shayet proved him wrong. He went back home thinking of her. Shayet was of average height, she was dark in colour, somewhat chocolate. Her face was oval in shape and her teeth small and firm. She had small bosom,her hips were not too wide but just okay. It wasn't as if she was more beautiful than the ladies he had, no, but to Tissan, she was the most beautiful. The way she walked, smiled and composed herself had done him in.
He found himself driving to the state university the next day and chanced upon her with some students in her department. He heard her laugh. It was so rich and full of melody and to his surprise, he decided there and then to know her better.
He seek her out a week later, as she was leaving school, offering her a ride but she politely declined. He observed that her clothes were not expensive, but they were neat and ironed well.
'I insist on giving you a ride' he had told her
'No'
'Why?'
'You are a stranger'
'I'm not, I know you'
'What is my name?'
'Shayet Zabrang. Micro biology , final year, 3. 6'
Shayet looked shocked he knew even her Grade he saw her stared slyly at him
'You a student?'
'Nope, actually, I asked around, you are quite popular'
'Bye mister'
But he had followed her and saw her house. He began stalking her without her knowledge. When he asked her neighbors about her, he got the shock of his life.
'Who? Shayet? That bast.rd that thinks she is good? Her mum have three kids, non shared a father...she is the neighbourhood prostitute', a pharmacist told him.
Tissan asked around and realized it was the truth. No one had anything good to say about her family. He went back home and stopped stalking her, but he knew he made a mistake when he couldn't sleep at night. On the third day, he continued. He watched her and her boyfriend walked and kissed but he was a patient man.
A month after their encounter, he asked her out, she refused without thinking twice.
'Why?' He had asked her
'I have a boyfriend I love'
Tissan was bold enough to seek her out at home and to his surprised, her mum was extremely good to him. He knew his money was to blame but he couldn't help try to bribe the mother.
Shayet was in the National Orientation Camp in Jos when he explained to her mother that he would love to marry her.
'Why?'
'I love her'
'You know her background?'
'I don't care about that, I really do love her and will treat her well'
'That is wonderful, in that case, she will marry you'
'That guy I often see her with'
'Emmanuel, he is not good for and doesn't love her. I can see you love her, I'm not blind'
He became a regular visitor to the Zabrang home but Shayet didn't even usually notice him.

Shayet loved and slept with only one man, Emmanuel. She hated her mother's profession and swore to never end of like her. She couldn't deny that Tissan was handsome but her love had already been taken. She loved only Emmanuel, he wasn't rich, he was a teacher but she loved him and he had promised her marriage. She knew her mother had been collecting money from Tissan and it annoyed her. Why was her mum so bent on making them look low.

She slowly applied make-up on her face and left the room in a red skirt and black top. At the living room, she found herself staring at Tissan. Well, that was his cup of tea, he should keep wasting his time.
'Good evening Tissan', she said in a cheerful tone.
'Good evening Shayet', he answered back, quietly.
'Going out?', her mum who had been watching the TV asked her.
'Yes'
'Where to?'
'Emmanuel'
'Oh, in that case, I need you to do a favour for me'
'What is it?'
'Please go with Tissan to the ATM machine, he will give you some money for me'
'But I just said I want to visit Emma'
'I'm not stopping you. Get the money and then go see him, I will get it from you when you returned'
'Whatever'
'So?'
'Okay'
Tissan said a good night to the mother and went out to his car with Shayet at his heels. She boarded the car and looked out of the window.
'Fasten your seat belt'
She looked at him, then fastened it. Shayet's thought drifted to Emma, he knew about her mother, yet he loved her. Soon, they would get married. He was a foot shorter than Tissan and unlike Tissan, Emma was fair and chubby. He knew about Tissan and was at first angry. It took her weeks to convinced him that she felt not a thing for Tissan and that he visited her mum not her.
'And your mum hate me' he had told her.
'She doesn't. Don't worry, she would get used to you'
'You should visit my home often, it will bring you two together. You can even be friends with my siblings
'I will try'
That was over three months ago. He had never tried. Shayet was scared of loosing him if she complain too much so she didn't.
She tried calling Emma to let him know she would be late but his line was unavailable. There will be trouble if she were late.
'Tissan, please can you do me a favour?'
'What?'
'I need to let my boy friend know that I would be a bit late. I tried calling him, but network is bad'
'So?'
'His house is in the other street. Can you just stop by for a few minutes?'
Tissan, gripped wheel the masked his emotions and spoke, quietly, 'give me direction to his house'
'Thank you'
She did and within minutes, his Siena was parked in front of a house with a black gate. Shayet alighted.
'I will be back, soonest'
'Okay'
She walked into the compound to Emma's apartment. He lived in a one bedroom flat. She pushed the door to his living room, it was empty so she walked into his room and began crying.
The love of her life was there, with another lady. They were kissing and smooching on the bed. Shayet thought she was dreaming, she pinched herself and more tears flow with the realization that she truly wasn't dreaming.
'Emmanuel?', she cried.
'Damn, what are you doing here?', he said on sighting her.
'What sort of question is this?'
'Please leave my house?'
'What? Its me Shayet, your love'
'No, this is my love, Nene', he said pointing at the light skinned lady by his side.
'My love, I thought you said you've stopped seeing this bastard?'
'Yes, she just doesn't understand that it is over'
'Emma, what is happening here?', Shayet asked.
'What is happening is that I am getting married next month to my beautiful lady over here'
'What? You said you love me'
'I don't love you. Do you know how ashamed I have always felt? Walking around town with a bastard? I never did visit your home because I am ashamed to be seen going into a harlot's lair'
'Oh my God, after all these years?'
'Please get out and never return. How can I explain to my parents that I am marrying a bastard? Nene here is perfect, and my parents love her, I love her, you, I don't'
'Emma?'
'Get out or I will forcefully drag you out. You will end up like your mother, I know it. Well, you are invited to our wedding, twenty second of next month'

Shayet couldn't bear it anymore, she ran out of the flat and into Tissan's car. He watched her and wondered what had happened. He couldn't explain why her tears hurt him but he dared not say so.
'Shayet what happened?'
'Nothing'
'You can't just said nothing, you are crying'
'I need a drink, take me to a bar'
'Your mum sent you on an errand'
'I don't care, if you won't take me, I know the way'
She said and alighted the car. Tissan looked at the time, it was late and it won't be right for her to be out there alone. He drove and followed her. He halted in front of her and opened the door.
She walked past him and he had to alight and follow her.
'Okay, I heard you, I don't know what happened in there, I won't ask and you musn't tell me. Come with me, you can drink and then I will drive you home when you are done. Don't forget its late and you are alone'
Shayet blindly followed him to the car. He stopped at starlight bar and she began drinking and crying. He just watched her and when he realized she was getting drunk, he tried stopping her but she won't hear of it. By 9pm, her phone rang, it was her mother, he picked and told her what happened and that he would take her home. He didn't take her home, he text her mum and told her that Shayet was not in a condition to go home, he would take her to the hotel.
He drove her to the hotel and picked her to his suit. He removed her shoes and covered her sleeping body with a duvet, bath and went to the living room. He looked at the sofa and knew he would have to make use of it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by smokeydrinky: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2017
For real? OMG!!! I'm in love with Tisan already.

Tiffany J darling, I'm here o. Ride on, ride on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My Final Year Love (MFYL) - First Season Of Perfect Rejection by Babsopey / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.