Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj (90743 Views)

Happy Married Life To TiffanyJ / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by nabla(f): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
oh my God she shld av confided in tisan

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Rapoo(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
wow! it's getting more interesting. the story is well appreciated. thumbs up my able writer

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by bummybummy(f): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
haaa! God will help u out of this wahala o

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by nerd51(f): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
hmm, shayet should have confided in tissan but he was very wrong in beating her.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Jiteshell(f): 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
This beginning is nice

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
Jiteshell:
This beginning is nice
I thought you left NL.
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Gloryejims(f): 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
Following... Keep it up @tiffany

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Healer007: 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
TiffanyJ:

'Do you know why I brought you back here?'
'Why?'
'The maids had been given the night off. We are alone and you are now my wife. I intend teaching you lessons'
Before his intentions dawn on her, she felt his belt on her body. Shayet shouted. He beat her up mercilessly and when he was done, he sat on the floor and began weeping.

Gan.... Dude calm down now Na so u harsh...... Iz this d same loving Tissan of dah year
Where are all those team Tissan now angry
gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Healer007: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gurl you're in trouble because this marriage might continue even after six months. Nothing will happen to Tissan.
Just prepare ur body for further thrashing grin
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Jiteshell(f): 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
TiffanyJ:

I thought you left NL.
still here. hardly comment on anything tho just had to for this. I mostly just read, have been with you since the beginning of that series till the end☺. How is the writing life treating you?
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by marychommy(f): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2017
chai is a pity so cos her mother is a keep woman she too won't make a good wife. I just pity her cos she is paying for d sins of her mother

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Queensiju: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2017
Nice work Tiffanyj. You never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Oyindawealth(f): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Some MIL can be wicked!! I pity shayet her mil want to turn his son's heart against her...for her own selfish reasons....

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Oyindawealth(f): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Some MIL can be wicked!! I pity shayet her mil want to turn his son's heart against her...for her own selfish reasons.... Tiffanyj weldone! Keep it up!! More plsss... Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by igit270: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
I hope it not a generation curse, but tissan ought to overlook or allow his to xplain and just live a happy life.tanx for update

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by cerowo(f): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wow.....this story is soo touching.
Shayet shld have told Tissan abt d rape attempt, it wld have nt resultd for Tissan beating her...
Am nt taking Tissan side though, buh he was influenced on alcholol dat's he misbehavd, i knw he wld b calm when he's no longer drowsy.
Nice wrk Tiffanyj

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Healer007: 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
cerowo:
Wow.....this story is soo touching.
Shayet shld have told Tissan abt d rape attempt, it wld have nt resultd for Tissan beating her...
Am nt taking Tissan side though, buh he was influenced on alcholol dat's he misbehavd, i knw he wld b calm when he's no longer drowsy.
Nice wrk Tiffanyj
Na so angry
#TissanHaters
grin
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by harunablezin(f): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
waoh! I neva new something good as diz going on..... thanks to God I am able to cover up all I have missed...
.....I'm personally naming diz 1st three chapters (too blind to see) coz it seems to me dat Tissan fada is Shiyet's fada but I shall kip my fingers crossed as it unfold! great job Madame Tiffany..... Wan na shi ne saunu ki dei aiki....

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by horlah1(f): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Some MIL sha... Thank God for opening my eyes on time.. madam degelinglacis i salute u and may God bless ur brain couple with ur hand

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by degelinglacis: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2017
horlah1:
Some MIL sha...
Thank God for opening my eyes on time..
madam degelinglacis i salute u and may God bless ur brain couple with ur hand

Amen

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by sheba222(f): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
madam tiff wen are we to expect d updates, so DAT we will no wen to check for update
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by pweetymhi(f): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
My God...... Tissan nh mad man o, u were a chameleon all dz while
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Lol. Where have you been ma'am? By the way, yes, I hailed from southern kaduna
l just knew dat u are 4rm the region. Did u mind i ask wot tribe particularly? Meanwhile u doing a gr8 job pls kip it up.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by shugasofttouch: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
vakjay08:
l just knew dat u are 4rm the region. Did u mind i ask wot tribe particularly? Meanwhile u doing a gr8 job pls kip it up.
which tribe?
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
vakjay08:
Lol, I am bajju by tribe. Ring a bell?
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
CHAPTER 4

Shayet looked at her mum. She was crying.
'Mother stop'
'No Shayet. Do you know what?'
'What?'
'The day I became a kept woman, society began talking against me. Go back to your husband, avoid doing anything that will make him hit you. Do your duty and smile when you two go out but never you tell a soul what you are going through, not even Suchet or Kasham, I will be here, you can talk to me when you want'
'What did I get myself into?'
'Dry your tears Shayet. Go back home five months isn't far away. Its all my fault'
Her mother's door opened and Suchet poked his head. He looked at them and wondered what happened.
'Shyet, don't tell me you are already having problems with Tissan'
'No Suchet, she's here to say her final goodbye to me. we just cleared the air between us. She is not angry with me anymore'
'Kasham said she came with a suitcase'
'That's my hired wedding gown and veil. I wanna take it to a dry cleaner'
'Okay, I am glad', he said and went away.
Baboshia locked the door and asked her daughter to remove her clothes. She almost weep in anger but quietly applied ointment on the scars. A knock came at the door.
'Mum, Tissan sent someone to pick Shayet', Kasham shouted.
'She will be out in two minutes'.
So Shayet bid her mother fair well and followed the man to the car. He picked her suitcase and drove her back to Tissan. Once at home, she went upstairs to her room. It was almost 11am. The knock interrupted her tears.
'Come in'
A maid in yellow dress smiled at her. She tried and smiled back.
'Ma, good morning'
'Morning to you too'
'Madam said I should call you?'
'Oh, are they back from the hotel?'
'Yes ma'
'I will be down shortly'
She said and ran to the bathroom where she scrubbed her face and dried it with a towel. Walking downstairs, she saw her mother-in-law laughing.
'Good morning ma'
'Must I call you to come tell me good morning?'
'No ma. I was unavailable when you came back'
'I don't want this happening again'
'It won't ma'
Tissan and his father walked downstairs. She greeted the man. Tissan stared at her as she walked up.
'Shayet?'
'Sir?'
'Have you eaten today'
'Yes, I ate at my mum's', she lied
She lay on her bed and marveled at the mess she was in. The door opened and her husband strode in. She didn't say a word to him.
'Shayet, I was drunk yesterday. I know I shouldn't have beaten you up even though you deserved it'
She remained quiet.
'Did you tell your mum?' She said nothing
'I am sorry I did beat you but please, whenever you need sex, come to me just don't go sleeping around'
'Tissan, I trusted you'
'I said I'm sorry. I've asked the maids to move your things to my room'
He went away. When the maids came, she sent them away. Telling them she could pack her things. By evening, she was done with her task. She was in the bathroom when Tissan came in. She wore her worn out pajamas and joined him in bed. She lay as far away from him as she could. He moved to her side and touched her.
'Its time you get new clothes'
'I don't need new clothes'
'You are married to me now. You need clothes. I will take you shopping'
'Okay'
'Shayet...'
'Good night Tissan'
'May I see your wounds?'
'No'
'Please'
She said nothing as he unbuttoned her shirt and took it off her. He sighed in disbelief when he saw it.
' Oh my God. I am really sorry'
She didn't say a thing to him.
'I promise to never hit you again. I hurt you and I am sorry'
Shayet was boiling in anger but she didn't want to let it out yet. she turned and began to cry softly. He heard her and moved to her, stroking her hair and telling her how sorry he was. They slept with her in his arms.
By morning, he went down for breakfast and left her still sleeping.
'Where is your wife?', his mum asked him
'She is sleeping'
'Its 8am'
'I know',
Sarah stood up and began walking upstairs. She swung the door opened and found Shayet coiled up under the duvet, with her pajamas on the floor.
'Young lady', she shouted. Shayet stared and quickly sat up, drawing the covers to her chin.
'Good morning ma'
'We are not lazy in this house. Why are you still in bed?'
'Ma, I am tired. What with the wedding and I couldn't sleep the night of the wedding'
'I don't care', she said and removed the covers from Shayet. Shayet instinctively used her arms to cover her bosom. The woman saw the welts on her body and smiled. Shayet bit her lower lips.
'Now leave that bed and see about supper'
'Ma, I am respecting you, at least, I deserve a bit of it from you'
Sarah slapped her. 'You slut. If you think I will sit by and watch you get a cent from my son you are wrong. Your harlot of a mother didn't bring you up'
'My mother is better than you'
The woman hit her again just as Tissaan came in.
'Mother why did you hit her?'
'She insulted me'
'I am her husband, you didn't tell me'
'I don't need your permission to hit her'
'Listen to me mother, never you lay your hands on my wife again. I don't care how you treat your maids but Shayet here is not a maid'
'Son, she...'
'Mother, I need to be alone with Shayet'
She left them and he turned to her as she cried. He sat on the bed and touched her arms. She hit his hands away
'I was living a perfect life, I had my own mother whom despite my insults loves. Emma dumped me but I was coping until you came. I left the perfect life I had to marry you out of pity. You used your belt on me on our wedding night and a day after, your mum hit me. Is this how you love?'
'Shayet...'
'I don't want to ever have to see your face again or even talk to you. I can't wait to walk out of this house in five months'
'You sound like you can't wait for me to die'
'I can't wait Tissan'
'Shayet...'
'Don't ever touch me. You are no better than my idiot of a father and Emma. Don't even talk to me. If you need s.x, get it elsewhere cause you disgust me'
'Her out burst shocked him. He felt like weeping. She just turned and continued weeping. Tissan felt helpless. Yes, she slept with his best friend but he shouldn't have beaten her up. He woke up the next morning feeling guilt. It was only natural he sent someone to pick her up. He had been scared she wouldn't come back. He sat on the bed and and covered her body with a duvet. He laid with her and listened to her hiccups before she finally slept. He went downstairs and ordered the cook to prepare food for her. When she finally came awake three hours later, he watched her had a bath and help applied ointment on her back. No words were spoken between them. There wasn't need for that. He went down and brought her food. She ate her food silently and then lay on the bed.
'Shayet, I said I am sorry'

Shayet seemed to have made a decision. She hardly talk to her husband unless they were with company. To the outside world, they were happy couple but back in the bedroom, they were strangers. Three weeks after the unfortunate wedding night, Tissan had tried all he could to get back the old Shayet but it all seemed impossible. She did no house chores and spent the day in their bedroom. His mother was tired of talking to him. Shayet went to the kitchen only if Tissan asked her to cook for him and he rarely did that.

Two weeks after the wedding, he had taken her shopping. She wouldn't even thank him nor acknowledge what he did for her. Her husband fill her pockets with gifts. From lingeries, jewelry, candy and even the littlest of things. To the maids, Tissan and his wife were madly in love. Shayet had never stepped his foot in Shayet's house. He was ashamed of himself and didn't know what to tell her mother, he resorted to avoiding the poor woman and she never for once called him. That morning, three weeks after their wedding, Shayet told Tissan she was going home to visit her family. Tissan consented and gave her some money to give her mother.
'I won't take it. Give it to her yourself'
He put the money back in the drawer and went out. Shayet bathed and went home. She spent the day with her family and returned that evening to see Richard's car parked outside. Anger nearly chocked her as she entered the compound and then the living room. She found him seated with her mother-in-law, talking in hush tunes. She said not a word to them as she continued walking upstairs.
'Young lady!'
'Madam'
'Come down here', Shayet came back and stood in front of the woman
'Where are you coming from?'
'Do you care?'
'So you now talk back at me?'
'You want me to respect you? You must earn it'
'How dare you?'
'You and this he-goat here are evil. You two planned and ruined my wedding night. I will never forgive, nor forget. Nemesis shall catch up with you'
'He is my only son. You are just a slut. Nothing more. A bastard, a nobody'
Shayet hated the woman. She laughed bitterly, there and then, decided to punish the woman.
'Yes, I am a nobody, I am a bastard, and a sl.t but madam, give this sl.t a month. She will be with child. Your grand child. When its time, I shall take my baby out of this horrible place you call home'
'You won't dare'
'I will start tonight. As for you Richard, nothing is hidden under the sun. I promise you'
she spurned and walked away. Tissan had forbidden his mother from lying a finger on his wife. She began thinking of a lie to tell her son concerning his wife. As for Shayet, she changed, came down to the kitchen and prepared dinner for her husband. She was almost through when he came back. She welcomed him warmly and told him to change and come down for his food.
'You cooked for me?'
'Yes'
By the time he settled down to eat, he was so surprised at the change in his wife.
'Mother, its time for dinner', Shayet called out
'I am not hungry', she hissed
Shayet sat down and joined her husband. They ate in silence and when they were done, he held her hands and the two walked to the living room. They sat down and watched the 8am news. By 9am, Shayet yawned twice. She went on her feet and bid her mother-in-law goodnight. The woman barely answered her. She went up and took a bath. She was determine to do it at all cost. she took longer than necessary in the bath and emerged in a skimpy white lacy dress. The door opened and her husband came in.
'Shayet, mother said...'
'Tissan, you went to the hospital today?'
'Yes'
'How is your health?'
'Its just there. This is the first day you asked after my health since that unfortunate incidence. You even willingly cooked for me and spoke to me. Am I forgiven?'
'No'
'Its still a step. Thank you'
'You said whenever I need s.x I should come to you?'
'Yes. Are you starved?'
'No'
'I'm so sorry I hurt you. But you broke my heart when you said you can't wait for me to die and that I should seek s.x elsewhere'
'Did you?'
'No woman can ever take your place in my life. I couldn't even think of touching other women'
'Tissan?'
'Yes?'
'Although you hurt me and I am yet to forgive you, I can't ever forget what you did to my family'
'Okay'
'I want a child', she declared.
'A what?'
'Someone to remind me of you and everything we shared when you die'
'You want to have s.x with me for a baby? Not because you are starved'
'Yes'
'Okay, let's make a baby' He said and kicked off his shoes. His shirt came next.
'Tissan?'
'Are you up to this? I mean, your health. The doctor said you need undiluted rest'
'I had that rest for a month and three weeks'
'I don't want to have to rush you to the hospital'
'Okay. We will be gentle'
Sarah dared Shayet by knocking on the door by 8am. She entered without waiting for permission. She saw her beloved son, sleeping silently in the arms of another woman. She glanced around and saw the clothes on the floor.
'Tissan!', she yelled
Her son came awake with a start making him to unintentionally wake Shayet. He blinked saw his mother and thanked God for the spread over them. He felt cold at night and had covered their body.
'Mother?'
'Tissan, do you want to die? Your health'
'Mother, some things are wrong you know. It is very wrong of you to barge into my room like this. For goodness sake I am married. I deserve some privacy you know'
'This slut here wants to finish you off'
'She is my wife and please, you are embarrassing me. Are you not ashamed mum? I am unclad and you don't care?'
'Are you not my son?'
'Mother please leave. We will talk about this later'
'Send her away, son. Can't you see what she is trying to do. She wants to...'
'I am begging you, stop embarrassing Shayet and I'
She turned and stormed out of the room. No, she won't ever let that brat carry her grandchild. Never. She stood at the doorway and eavesdrop on their conversation.
'Sorry sweet, my mum will soon get used to the idea that we are married'
'I can't take this disrespect anymore'
'What do you mean?'
'How can you watch your mum do this to us? It isn't proper at all'
'I will talk to her'
'No. The other time, she walked in here and removed the bed covers from my body. Now look at it, she is simply selfish'
'Hi, forget my mother for now. I think seeing you angry had revived another lust in me', he said as his hands reached to cup her breasts.
Shayet moaned. He tickled her foot and she burst out laughing.
'This is the Shayet I know'
'I miss you Tissan'
'I miss you too. I'm so sorry I beat you. Can you ever forgive me?'
'I didn't sleep with Richard. I just want you to believe and trust me'
'Forget Rich, now its just we two and I need you'
'Your mother...'
'Do you want your own husband to beg before making love with you?'
'No'
'Good, then let's have fun',
Sarah heard her son said and then Shayet's laughter filled the room. She made her hands into a fist. Its time she took matters into her own hands. Sarah walked away, smiling. She knew just what to do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Lol, I am bajju by tribe. Ring a bell?
yea i have family frnds who are bajju and atyap. Meanwhile 9c update. And hpe u dönt mind me observing that u sum times exchange their names.
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
shugasofttouch:
which tribe?
Are you surprise
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by anneboy02(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wateva she wants to do she will surely fail grin
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by ebysandra(f): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Weldone, great story as always. More grease
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
anneboy02:
Wateva she wants to do she will surely fail grin
Amen
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
ebysandra:
Weldone, great story as always. More grease
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / My Final Year Love (MFYL) - First Season Of Perfect Rejection by Babsopey / The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.