Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University (20305 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by hilroy: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
diMITCHELL:
And yet they left Yabatech.

ok lemme be watching

I'm surprised too. Yabatech standard beats all Polythecnics and many universities in Nigeria. That school should be the 1st to be upgraded if any Polythecnic has to be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by MAYOWAAK: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
This brings to 15 the number of universities in Ogun State, the highest in the country:

PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE NIGERIA.

1. Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
2. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye Also Known as Ogun State University.
3.Moshood Abiola University,Ojere Abeokuta Ogun SState
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE.

1. Adetokunbo University, Sagamu

2. Covenant University Ota

3. Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo

4. Chrisland University

5. Crawford University Igbesa

6. Crescent University

7. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin

8. Tai Solarin University of Education

9. Redeemer’s University (RUN)

10. Mountain Top University

11. McPherson University, Seriki-Sotayo

12. Bells University of Technology, Ota
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
What about those that have graduated before the upgrade. What happens to their certificate? BSc or OND?
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by lazsnaira(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
...glorifying our secondary schools
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Brownish24(f): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Tai solarin is pulic not private

PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE NIGERIA.

1. Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
2. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye Also Known as Ogun State University.
3.Moshood Abiola University,Ojere Abeokuta Ogun SState
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE.

1. Adetokunbo University, Sagamu

2. Covenant University Ota

3. Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo

4. Chrisland University

5. Crawford University Igbesa

6. Crescent University

7. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin

8. Tai Solarin University of Education

9. Redeemer’s University (RUN)

10. Mountain Top University

11. McPherson University, Seriki-Sotayo

12. Bells University of Technology, Ota
[/quote]
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Larrykaysail(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
heckymaicon:
and Oyo state never get hin own uni,

aye le oooo
lautech, is for OYO state.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Lawalemi(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
I wonder what Amosun is trying to achieve is not something political.
The same Amosun initially scrapped TASUED on the ground that there was no fund to run multiple tertiary institutions in the state until the people revolted.
The state is burdened with civil service overhead but rather than ingeniously defraying these cost, he is inducing more even by creating another polytechnic to replace this newly birthed university somewhere in Yewaland just to placate the region

1 Like

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by StOla: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
diMITCHELL:
And yet they left Yabatech.

ok lemme be watching

Is it Ogun state or Lagos state that will request for Yabatech to become a University?

Has the federal government not been fiddling with the actual implementation since Obasanjo's regime ? When the federal government is truly ready to do same with Yabatech or Kaduna Polytechnic, it won't take 1yr to successfully implement the elusive change.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by hemartins(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
mayoor15:
100 Ke you didn't say top 900
Hahaha
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by imohchard(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
U
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by diMITCHELL: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

Is it Ogun state or Lagos state that will request for Yabatech to become a University?

Has the federal government not been fiddling with the actual implementation since Obasanjo's regime ? When the federal government is truly ready to do same with Yabatech or Kaduna Polytechnic, it won't take 1yr to successfully implement the elusive change.

So U did not comprehend my statement before quoting me??
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by AleeDee(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
It should be MAUSTECH not MAUTECH as we already ve Modibbo Adama Uni of TECH in yola (fromer FUTY)

2 Likes

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mapoly is still not worth to be upgraded to a university...

I'm an ND2 student at Mapoly.

1 Like

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by StOla: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
diMITCHELL:

So U did not comprehend my statement before quoting me??

I did.

I just put it in proper perspective.

The state was serious, so they got the change done. The federal governement is unserious, so the change they have been formulating remains a hypothesis.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by drLammy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nawa o..ogun state is adding another university to there list making three state owned university in ogun alone..whereby oyo and osun state cant manage lautech..Mr costituted authority God dey o
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by JefLonDon(m): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
and this didnt happen while i was there cry 2008

chai!!!!!!!!1 cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by biodex(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hummmm....shift make I faint... tongue olosho go upgrade to 4years b dat...
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by diMITCHELL: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

I did.

I just put it in proper perspective.

The state was serious, so they got the change done. The federal governement is unserious, so the change they have been formulating remains a hypothesis.

so U felt Lagos state wasnt serious or what, make me understand??
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Meritocracy: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
Its a welcome idea, at least more universities for admission seeker. Those complaining about Nigeria universities are not among top 100 in the world are the same people hailing corrupt politician, meanwhile Nigerian are always the best student in world best universities.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by lilytender: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
exlinkleads:
weh doh FG

Not FG, it is we the good people of Ogun State that made the request for change of name through our thieving and heartless Governor Ibikunle Amosun. The NUC just gave the approval to our request.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Johnnyessence(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Woo nice one from both the ogun state government and the federal governmeny too.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by StOla: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
diMITCHELL:

so U felt Lagos state wasnt serious or what, make me understand??

Federal governement is unserious, and that is why Yabatech still remains a polytechnic.

How long did it take a serious Ogun State to meet up with the requirements, while the FG has officially began same process for Yabatech and KadPoly since mid 2006 without a conclusion in sight?

So the answer to your very first post is the absence of political will by the FG in the case of Yabatech.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by maxiquadrian(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
heckymaicon:
and Oyo state never get hin own uni,

aye le oooo

Wat of unibadan
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by faorex(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Finally. we've arrived at the destination.. I've been craving to see this happen.. Thank God. Architecture students let's dance poop. HOC is calling you all.. Alhamdulilah
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by daragrams(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
There is TASUED, OOU & Now MAUTECH all in only one state and owned by d same clueless state. Which among them is even good?
Glorified secondary schools in ogun state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by Ennyholar: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nice one
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by farouk0403(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
lapazi:
What about Moddibo Adama University of Technology MAUTECH? Smh shocked

leave them, they are confused

1 Like

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by idris4eva(m): 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
My alma mater

1 Like

Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by mannose002(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
exlinkleads:

https://punchng.com/breaking-mapoly-becomes-85th-public-varsity-changes-name-to-mautech/amp/

truly,i will wanna go with other like minds - that fg should move many other sec schl.glorified to say,into a betterment instead of just fooling around.
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by energylee(m): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
hemartins:
We have so many universities in Nigeria and non makes the first 100 in the world.

Isreal, Rome, Holland, mexico, I guess portugal, and lots of dem have universities and I don't recall dem frying beans for not making first 100!! with one voice and mind, let's make this country great!
Re: FG Upgrades Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Ogun To University by positivetaught: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
The federal government should just
phaseout polytechnics in Nigeria n convert all of them to "General colleges" with the authority to award diploma(3 years duration) n first degree only,monotechnics should be converted to their specialized colleges e.g college of management, Administration, etc.existing colleges such as colleges of Agric n education should all be given the authority to award diploma n first degrees only,one can then proceed to the university for further studies.the universities should continue to run all their present programs including first degrees. the Nuc should be changed NUCC(national universities n colleges commission) with the authority to regulate all degree awarding institutions.Let there be one entrance exam for all degree n diploma programmes,the HND should be eliminated, those with HND should go for 1year abridgement course n be awarded first degree, this way the pressure on universities n the agitations for all manner of university will be reduced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, ASUU Cancel Meeting On Strike / How Do I Get Admission Into University Of Ghana? / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.