Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,037 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Blasian Celebrities - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blasian Celebrities (284900 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Popular Nigerian Celebrities Recount How They Lost Their Virginity / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
[size=18pt]Sheila Hudson

Her father is Black and her mother is Korean.
[/size]

The American record-holder in the triple jump.

Sheila Hudson (born 30 June 1967 in Kitzingen, Germany) is a retired American triple jumper.

Born to an African American father and a Korean mother.[1]

She won the silver medal at the 1994 IAAF World Cup,[2] finished eighth at the 1995 World Indoor Championships,[3] eleventh at the 1996 Olympic Games and fifth at the 1998 IAAF World Cup.

Hudson set two unofficial world records in 1987.[4] Her personal best jump is 14.41 metres, achieved in July 1996 in Stockholm. The American record currently belongs to Tiombe Hurd with 14.45 metres.[5]
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
[size=18pt]Hines Ward

His mother is Korean and his father is Black.
[/size]

Hines E. Ward, Jr. (born March 8, 1976) is an American football player who currently plays the wide receiver position for the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers, where he is the longest-tenured current player on the team. He was voted MVP of Super Bowl XL. He played college football at the University of Georgia. Born in Seoul, South Korea to a Korean mother and an African American father, Ward grew up in the Atlanta area. He has become an advocate for the acceptance of biracial youths in South Korea.[1]

Ward's versatility has served him well as a professional wide receiver. Since being drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round of the 1998 NFL Draft, he has earned three team Most Valuable Player (MVP) selections. He is considered to be one of the best wideouts in the game because of his great hands and his willingness to block. He is also a four-time NFL Pro Bowl selection (2001–2004). He also had a streak of 4 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, which likely could have been extended in the 2005 NFL season if he had not missed a game due to injury. In 2002, he set a Steelers franchise record for receptions (112), and touchdowns (12), and was named to his first of two consecutive All-NFL teams. While he is considered one of the best blocking receivers in the NFL, he has also been criticized for habitually hitting defenders on their blind-side. Ward has twice been named the NFL's dirtiest player, as determined by a Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players; the most recent was in 2009.[5]

In 2005, Ward missed the first two weeks of training camp in a holdout for a contract extension that would increase his salary. Ward had considered holding out before camp in 2004, but had been persuaded by the Steelers that they could work out an extension during the year. Ward eventually showed up on August 15, 2005 and was on the sidelines for Pittsburgh's first preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles that night, though he did not play in that game. On September 5, 2005, the Steelers announced that they had reached an agreement on a four-year contract extension worth $25.83 million with Ward.[6]

On November 13, 2005, Ward became the Steelers all-time leading receiver with his 538th catch against the Browns on Sunday Night Football surpassing John Stallworth's record. The Steelers won 34-21. Ward is also renowned as a terrific post-season receiver, accumulating 76 receptions, 1,064 yards, and 8 receiving touchdowns in 14 post-season appearances. On February 5, 2006, Ward was named MVP in Super Bowl XL as the Pittsburgh Steelers won 21-10. Ward became the second foreign born player to earn the accolade. Ward scored a 43 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter, thrown by fellow wide receiver Antwaan Randle El. Overall, Ward had five receptions for 123 yards, one TD and one rush for 18 yards.

Immediately following Super Bowl XL, Ward was videotaped for the latest "I'm Going to Disney World!" TV commercial, adding ", and I'm taking The Bus!" Ward and Steelers teammate Jerome "The Bus" Bettis appeared in a victory parade at the Magic Kingdom theme park on February 6 along with Emmitt Smith.

On December 2, 2007, Ward became the Steelers all-time touchdown receptions leader with his 64th touchdown reception against the Bengals on Sunday Night Football.[7] Then on December 20, 2007, Ward became the Steelers all-time receiving yardage leader in a game against the St. Louis Rams.

A physical player, Ward was criticized for his block on rookie Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers during a game on October 19, 2008. The impact of the block left Rivers with a broken jaw. Ward was not penalized for his hard block and it was later deemed to be within the rules and he was not fined by the league, though the league would pass a rule banning such hits for the 2009 NFL season.[8]

According to Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens when the Ravens played the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football that season, the Ravens players placed bounty on Ward and rookie running back Rashard Mendenhall. Mendenhall left the game with a broken shoulder which ended his season. Ward talked about Suggs' comments in an interview on Pardon the Interruption. Although he held up an NFL policy banning bounties, he thought it was also humorous that they would do it to him.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_DrDA46YcZbI/TFa3HR8FS7I/AAAAAAAAAg4/k074olYoERw/s1600/hines-ward_ap.jpg[/img]

On December 28, 2008, Ward caught his 800th NFL reception, extending his record for receptions by a Steeler receiver.[9] Also in this game, Ward achieved his first 1000 yard season since 2004, finishing with 81 receptions for 1043 yards and 7 touchdowns on the year. In the 2008 Playoffs, Ward recorded 9 receptions for 168 yards. In the win 27-23 over Arizona Cardinals at the Super Bowl XLIII, Ward played a supporting role, catching two passes for 43 yards. He played the game with a sprained right MCL.[10] Two weeks after the Super Bowl, he underwent a minor surgical procedure on his shoulder and further operation will not be necessary.

Ward was signed to a four-year, $22 million extension by the Steelers on April 25, 2009, which will likely keep him with the Steelers for the remainder of his career.[11]

On September 28, 2009, during the 2009 Season game against Cincinnati, Ward’s four catches for 82 yards vaulted him past 10,000 career receiving yards and made him the first wide receiver in Steelers’ history to achieve that plateau.[12] On third-and-two Ben Roethlisberger hit Ward for a 14-yard gain, giving Ward 10,001 career receiving yards. Ward finished the 2009 season with 95 receptions for 1,167 yards and 6 touchdowns.

In a September 12, 2010 home game against the Atlanta Falcons, Ward became the first player in Steeler history to pass 11,000 receiving yards. He caught 108 yards worth of passes in that game to pass Hall of Fame Steeler receiver John Stallworth for most 100-yard receiving games all time for the Steelers with his 26th. His 6 catches against the Falcons gave him 901 for his career, making him only the 12th NFL player of all time to surpass 900 career receptions.

Ward's streak of 186 consecutive games with at least one reception came to an end in a 39-26 loss against the New England Patriots in Week 10 of the 2010 season. A short catch by Ward was knocked loose when he was tackled by safeties Patrick Chung and James Sanders, and knocked out of the rest of the game; the Patriots challenged the call, and the pass was ruled incomplete on review, ending the streak.
Re: Blasian Celebrities by InkedNerd(f): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
Some of the things people are saying on this thread is silly.

Nice thread Gabry[b]/[/b]Ms. Potato
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 6:35am On Apr 10, 2011
Thanks Inked Nerd. You are a sweetheart kiss
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2011
Next we have Chad Morton. I have posted about his brother on the previous page Johnnie Morton. Check him out here >>> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-389841.32.html#msg6544500

Oh Lord!!!! But one of his pictures is gone. Must be that website is gone or sumthin. . .

Ok I will post again

[size=18pt]Johnnie Morton

RACE: 1/2 AFRICAN AMERICAN AND 1/2 JAPANESE
[/size]

Johnnie James Morton, Jr. (born October 7, 1971) is a former NFL wide receiver. Originally drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 1st round (21st overall) in the 1994 NFL Draft, he played there until 2002. After subsequently signing with the Kansas City Chiefs, he played there for three years. In 2005, he signed with the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers cut him after the 2005 season and he retired from pro football thereafter.

[img]http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/johnnie-morton.jpg
[/img]
Mixed martial arts career

Morton made his Mixed Martial Arts début on the June 2, 2007, at K-1 Dynamite!! USA. In a pre-fight interview with Sherdog he revealed that he had only a few months of martial arts training in preparation for the fight.[1] He lost to Bernard Ackah in 38 seconds of the first round via knockout.

[img]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4276/218/116/545960385/n545960385_7123360_6483346.jpg
[/img]
After the fight, Morton was suspended indefinitely and denied his purse ($100,000) by the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) after refusing to take his post-fight anti-doping test.[2] It was revealed by the CSAC on June 9, 2007 that Morton tested positive for anabolic steroids. According to CSAC executive officer Armando Garcia, Morton tested positive for a "very elevated TE ratio, which is testosterone. And that is 83.9 -- the normal industry standard for an athlete is 6."[3] Morton faces a possible revocation of his fighting license and fine.
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 1:25am On Apr 11, 2011
[size=18pt]Chad Morton

mother is Japanese, father is Black
[/size]

Chad Akio Morton (born April 4, 1977 in Torrance, California) is a former American football running back and kick/punt returner in the National Football League. He previously played for the New Orleans Saints, the New York Jets, the Washington Redskins, and the New York Giants.

Ina 2000 playoff hame with the New Orleans Saints against the Minnesota Vikings, Morton tied the NFL single game playoff record with 13 receptions. Morton was a first alternate to the 2005 Pro Bowl as a kick returner. On February 13, 2007 he was released by the Giants.

He is currently with the Green Bay Packers as a coaching administrator.
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=18pt]Pharrell Williams

1/4 Korean and the rest is African American
[/size]

Pharrell Williams (born April 5, 1973), commonly known as Pharrell, is an American music producer, singer-songwriter and rapper. Along with Chad Hugo, they make the record production duo The Neptunes, where they produce pop, hip hop and R&B music. He is also the lead singer and drummer of rock band N.E.R.D, which he formed with Hugo and childhood friend Shay Haley. He released his debut single "Frontin'" in 2003 and followed up with his debut album In My Mind in 2006.

As part of The Neptunes, Williams has produced numerous hit singles for various music artists. The Neptunes have earned three Grammy Awards amongst ten nominations. He is also the co-founder of the clothing brands Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream Footwear.

Re: Blasian Celebrities by MsPotato(f): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=18pt]Jhene

Her mother, Christina Yamamoto, is Japanese, Spanish, Afro-Dominican and her father, Dr. Karamo Chilombo, is African American, Jewish, Native American (Yaqui, Choctaw, Cherokee, Navajo). GOSH! shocked shocked shocked
[/size]

Jhené Aiko (born Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo on March 16, 1988), is an American Pop/R&B singer/song writer. She was formerly signed to T.U.G./Epic Records, but left to continue her education

Jhené Aiko was born in Los Angeles, California and comes from a multicultural family. She mostly says that she is Black African American, Japanese, native American but identifies all of her ethnicities. She has four full blooded siblings named Miyoko, Jamila, Jahi and Miyago and she also has three half siblings through her father’s side named Marcia, Dio and kareena. Her older sister Miyoko and Jamila were in the group Gyrl and toured with Immature, who were signed to MCA/Silas records.

This led to her first meeting with producer Chris Stokes when she was five years old. Eventually, Stokes heard her sing. When B2K signed with Epic Recors. She was signed as well. She served as the opening act for B2K on the Scream Tour 3. A few of her songs are featured on B2K releases. Tracks five through eight on B2K’s B2K: The Remixes- Volume 1 are sung by her. She has a video for her single NO L.O.V.E which debuted on BET when she was 15 years old.

[img]http://photo.sing365.com/music/picture.nsf/Jhene-photo/48256C71003578A248256C6800080E22/$file/Jhene.jpg[/img]

Jhené has appeared in numerous music videos including O’Ryan’s debut video, take it Slow, B2K’s debut video Uh Huh and Why I love U P.Y.T.'s Same Ol' Same Ol' (Remix) featuring Sarai, Play's M.A.S.T.E.R. (Part 2) featuring Lil Fizz video and Morgan Smith's 2004 video Blow Ya Whistle. Jhené also has songs featured on the soundtracks of Barbershop, The Master of Disguise, You Got Served,The Proud Family and Byou. Jhené also released a mixtape on March 16, 2011 entitled sailing souls
Re: Blasian Celebrities by lilash2231: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2011
Does she look mix or not?
Re: Blasian Celebrities by OgaMadam(f): 11:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
Nope
Re: Blasian Celebrities by OgaMadam(f): 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
its the painted eyebrow shiny tight face long hair effect.

try other way, natural hair, natural eyebrows,
Re: Blasian Celebrities by MisterG: 2:39am On Oct 12, 2011
@the posters Tpia

Tpia is right many Africans share similar features associated with asians. Here is what i notice from the beauty of south eastern nigeria tread, i think these women are igbo. Yet despite the makeup, it is obvious that some have what we consider asian characteristic. There really needs to be a DNA test. Again, the first picture is a group of maybe igbo or calabar girls, and the second picture is of a Cambodian women, the cambodian women would not look out of place with some of these women. Yet hairstyle is deceiving, but the facial features cannot be deceive by any magical margin.

Re: Blasian Celebrities by mangolover: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

I happen to stumble on this forum while googling 'blasian clebrities'. I wanted some ideas on how to style my daughter's hair. That's when I saw an unauthorized pic of my daughter when she was just one years old, here in this forum. I don't mind if you want to use her pic, it just would have been nice if you could of asked first. I'm assuming you got it from facebook since this is were I post her pics for my friends and family to view. I also saw pics of my friend's daughter, also blasian, here as well. I will check with her to see if she gave you permission to use her daughter's pic. I understand you were trying to make a point, that blasian children do not look wierd as some member felt it was appropriate to state. This is very disturbing that our children are being judged in this manner. There are some really IGNORANT people on this forum. Thanks for giving me the heads up about my photos being used in this way. I will remove all photos of my family as I can on all public forums and ask that you please remove her from your post. She is the young baby, dressed in a red winter jacket, sitting but also leaning in her carriage. The pic was taken on black friday at the mall a year and a half ago. Thank you.
Re: Blasian Celebrities by anonymous6(f): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
@OP
I just wanted to correct you:
"CHANEL IMAN

Chanel Iman Robinson (born November 30, 1989), better known as Chanel Iman, is an American fashion model. Half African American, half Korean, Chanel grew up in Los Angeles, California. She won 3rd place at the 2006 Ford Supermodel of the World contest and ended up signing with the agency[6]. Iman walked down the runway for the first time in the Fall/Winter 2006 season for high-end brands like DKNY; since then she has modelled for many top designers, including Dolce & Gabbana, Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs, Valentino, Dsquared, Hermès, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Anna Sui, Diane von Fürstenberg, Vera Wang, Jean Paul Gaultier and Stella McCartney. She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Bottega Veneta, GAP, Victoria's Secret Pink, and United Colors of Benetton."

CHANEL IMAN
is 1/4 asian not half, her mother is blasian and father african american

http://www.modelinia.com/videos/family-dynamics--chanel-iman---her-mom/63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOCt1y783M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanel_Iman#Early_life
Re: Blasian Celebrities by FelixLingelbach(m): 12:04am On Dec 30, 2013
David Alaba, Austrian, philippinian mother, nigerian father

(Thank you, Gabry, just googeld your thread after a question on my favorite forum)

Re: Blasian Celebrities by FelixLingelbach(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Cute little Merina girls from Madagascar, a whole nation of mixed ppl. Wiki says: "Recent DNA research revealed that the genetic makeup of the average Malagasy person constitutes an approximately equal blend of Austronesian and Bantu genes, although the genetics of some communities show a predominance of Austronesian or Bantu origins or some Arab, Indian or European ancestry."

Re: Blasian Celebrities by FelixLingelbach(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2013
No, sorry, again no celebrities. These are Jarawa children from Andaman Islands, pure asians.

Re: Blasian Celebrities by mace11: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2014
I don't see any native america features in brandy's mother or brandy.They look pure black.
Re: Blasian Celebrities by mace11: 11:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Outstrip: LOL. No. I am saying that the look is more pronounced in her mother. It might just be in her genes. There are some native americans that could pass for asians. Maybe that is why you look at Brandy and see blasian

I DISAGREE.
I don't see any native american features in brandy's mother or brandy.They look pure black.
Black come in varied features.Just look at the nigerian pics above.
BYE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth / Nicki Minaj Before And After Plastic Surgery And Implants(pictures) / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.