Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House (26665 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / Will You Buy A House With A Maid's Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by businessman7(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Good day Nl members I'm a single guy a student of Lagos state polythecnic and I earn a salary of #60,000 monthly and I want to put up something to start living in with my parent I'm fed up of paying for rent please I need advise on what to do and how to go about it thanks y'll
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by MathsChic(f): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Anything is possible! smiley

20 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Caustics: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Assuming you save 30,000 every month, it will take you 100 months (over 8 years) to save 3 million. which will not even be enough to buy land by then.

so NO, you can't build a house in lagos on 60k per month salary.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
You can build a Castle. Just Sleep soundly. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Be smart instead of trying to burn bridges... 1st I suggest you rent your own place, then when you become independent and have a clue about what it takes to have your own place, see if you wanna build your own house.... And most importably WHERE you want that house to be.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Olibboy: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
hell no! #100000 earners still rented an apartment.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by wtfcoded: 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
Unfortunately NO/impossible.
Boost ur source of income

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Temidayo9(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
It is possible, for example that's average level 10 teacher's salaries in most States in Nigeria. Yet dey build houses. It might not be a mansion. Start cooperative with just 20k, .
In all it depends on the city area.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by MrMcJay(m): 1:53am On Jul 04, 2017
OP, the truth is bitter, but I'll tell you as it is.

You better get your priorities right and stop planning a life of hardship and inconvenience ahead. You earn 60K/Month and you want to build a house in Lagos? Is it dog cage you want to build? Do you even know how much a good chicken cage costs in Lagos?

You want to go and build one concrete hut inside one bush where you'll board 100 Naira bike to greet your neighbors good morning? Please, don't put your folks in solitary confinement inside the bush.

To be honest, 60K/Month is a lot of money but it's insignificant in a city like present day Lagos. Outside Lagos? Yeah! people earning less build houses.

I humbly advise that such money be better invested in building a business that gives you regular side income which in turn increases the funds available for you to build.

Also, I'll suggest you work smart and hard. Seek out new opportunities and distinguish yourself in them. That way, you'll be able to earn more and build more than just a house but build a better life for yourself and your family.

174 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by sammydoe: 3:26am On Jul 04, 2017
If u are serious go to lagos state homs website u can see a room and parlour for 1.5 m in epe, with monthly payment of 15k and a 5 per cent deposit.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by veekid(m): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2017
Yeah; take a loan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by TINALETC3(f): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2017
undecided y nt u 4get house 4 now and invest in sumtin else dat wl fetch u more cash, Wat if u start d foundation of d house and u got fired at work , u no hw village pple work na. Nt wishing u bad luck ooo, am jst thinking

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by olaezebala: 7:24am On Jul 04, 2017
yes, in osun state. try ilobu, ede, ifon, gbongan, ikire, ikirun... need more names?

8 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by idris4r83(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Sure u can, but it will take a looooooooooong saving time bro. Start with 30k monthly savings if u can. It will take years but you will get there someday. The issue is u still have to b paying the rents for the savings period which may sloooooow down d savings accumulations. It also depends on the locations where u want to build the house. I know people in d north earning even a little less than that n are building their houses.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by gunners160(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Abujaexpress:
My cousin earns 50k per month, married with 2 kids. In two weeks time, he is packing to his two bedroom flats with a room self contain, which he started building in 2014. Although, the house is small, but cute. It is simply determination and discipline on spendings. Above all, with an understanding and supportive wife (for the married) and God's power, it is possible.
I wonder why some people think so shallow and myopic. Yes,OP u can build ur own house with 60k monthly salary and stop minding all this drunkards that thinks so shallow Some people dnt make as much as you do and today they are landlords,all you just need is the determination and drive to start something. First save and get a land and stop looking at your present state or status.I can categorically tell you that even if you make 1million monthly,if you don't have the derive to build a house,you won't. Get a land and see how things would work for you
supereagle:

Don't mind them, my landlord a school teacher built two storey buildings with his little income and trained all his eight children to the univerties level. He shared the secret with me. He said that if he got money for two bags of cements today ,he would go there and mould it. He did that untill he finished everything.
I wonder why some people think so shallow and myopic. testimonies by Nairalanders ( doubting Thomas)

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by jazinogold(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Op I have this message for you.....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by myners007: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Obviously yes but with mud and thatches

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Biggty(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Not possible in this present day Naija

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
No!!!!

But if you compliment the income by doing other side jobs, then you can dream of such!!

Jobs such as...

http://topwritersden.com/5-work-from-home-jobs-for-job-seekers/

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by obaival(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Ofcus wit no roofing nah

2 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by itiswellandwell: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes. You can built a house with such salary, but i cant guarantee you will build a better house. You might later regret building the house because you wont build something strong and quality materials wont be used for the house as your mindset will be that of building a house and not building with a quality material. I will advice you like someone as said above, that you should divert that money into a business in order to have much funds for the building project. DONT LET YOUR CASE BE THAT OF PERSON WEY GO ENTER FASTING AND PRAYER MAKE RAIN NO FALL OR MAKE THE RAIN NO HEAVY MAKE THE RAIN NO CARRY THE ROOF OF THE HOUSE. Wish you all the very best.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Ogashub(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes... But it might take him a life time to complete especially if he is married..... Btw depends on your definition of a house people get different taest
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by spokesboy: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2017
Yes. I got one of the greatest challenge in life when two things happened to me, (1.) when my driver on a N23,000 take home salary in 2008 announced to me that he's moving into his newly built house (meanwhile, I the boss have never bought a single plot in Lagos. I was a very loyal tenant); and (2.) in 2009 when I stumbled on an article online about "How to build a house on N10,000 salary" on a real estate blog - BuildingContractorSecrets..com.
Today, I now have my own house - one of my best investments. Thanks to my driver and the online article.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by DatLagboi(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
yes you would be done by 100 years time
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by babyfaceafrica: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
It's difficult bro..very difficult
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by rachaeladiya(f): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by Gobhanky: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
In others southwest.
Buh lag is out of it.
Ph
Abj
Calabar
Delta
Edo well yes

Go rent room and parlor my guy
Dey mount block every two weeks
Within a year your house is ready

3 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by jashar(f): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Location location location
Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by NwaAmaikpe: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2017
shocked

He can build a goat-house,

Rear goats,

Sell them

Save money to build a small Shanty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by ekmike(m): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2017
I salute your courage ma brother..with a mind like this you can build estates. Think about it, there are people within this salary group who desire to own a house.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by FunmyKemmy(f): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2017
You can.

1 Like

Re: Can A Single Guy With Income Of #60,000 Build A House by fufuNegusi(m): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2017
sammydoe:
If u are serious go to lagos state homs website u can see a room and parlour for 1.5 m in epe, with monthly payment of 15k and a 5 per cent deposit.

Good idea

I go with this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother And Daughter Killed In Lagos Building Collapse / Photos Of Chinedu Isiogugu, Corper Who Died After A Building Collapsed In Owerri / Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.