Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? (12579 Views)

How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? / Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by SHOPPERS(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2017
why not use the same energy, time and resources to start 2 businesses? Who has BC and HND helped?

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by princetom1(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Possible bro.
But what's thw essence? undecided
Even peeps with PhD still dey find work!

Exactly, if he is that jobless on weekend, he can go Hustle and if he is born with a silver spoon, let him go and be volunteering on weekends cheesy
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Meetleader: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2017
With GOD all things are possible
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by darqly(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2017
Had a coursemate in UNI back then that did both cheesy

Ended up with 1 third class degree and a pass too.. cheesy
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by eddie7: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2017
It's really workable with proper timing & luck on ur side. I'm a livinng testimony to this. I did my HND & BSc in ilorin (KP & Unilorin) both FT...it's not easy but I scaled through because it makes u more focused.
To God's glory I came out with an Upper credit (HND, 2010) and a 2:1 (BSc 2012). As I stated earlier.....its workable....
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by GCsomething: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:
Good day guys. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this issue.

I and some of my friends already acquired a National Diploma (ND) from a reputable polytechnic in the northern part of Nigeria.
In a bid to further our education, we are thinking of persuing a Bsc. and HND respectively at the same time. For instance, i'm thinking of Bsc. in Economics or any other relevant social science courses and an HND in Business Administration.

The B.sc will be on a full time basis while the HND will be on part-time(i.e weekends). Our thoughts however is that whichever university we gain admission into through Direct-Entry, we'll also apply for a polytechnic in the same state.

I don't know if it has ever be done before. For those in the academia, we would like to hear your opinion if it is advisable to carryon or have a rethink.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Thank you.

guy I don't want to say you have no goal. set your goal right and know what you want to achieve with both.

but I advice u go for BSc ...
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ransomeware: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Yes you can run a HND program and Bsc program in Northern Nigeria.

Am also running a HND program and BSC program together here in Kaduna.

If you are in Kaduna, I can help you
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by neolboy(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

I and some of my friends already acquired a National Diploma (ND) from a reputable polytechnic in the northern part of Nigeria.
In a bid to further our education, we are thinking of persuing a Bsc. and HND respectively at the same time. For instance, i'm thinking of Bsc. in Economics or any other relevant social science courses and an HND in Business Administration.

The B.sc will be on a full time basis while the HND will be on part-time(i.e weekends). Our thoughts however is that whichever university we gain admission into through Direct-Entry, we'll also apply for a polytechnic in the same state.

I don't know if it has ever be done before. For those in the academia, we would like to hear your opinion if it is advisable to carryon or have a rethink.

Thank you.

It can only be possible if it's same course but on a different course it's a suicide mission. I knew a friend who is undergoing a course at Federal polytechnic Ede in quantity surveying and also took direct entry into OAU for the same course although it's a stressful thing despite the fact that Ede is not too far from IFE. but on a serious note it is a stressful thing to do except say you can withstand the wahala and also make sure that both school are closer to each other
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by fippycbk(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2017
My younger brother did it and now he has 2 degrees. It's an excellent idea.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.

NEVER u present both certificates anywhere for a job interview both in nigeria and especially abroad.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ransomeware: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2017
fippycbk:
My younger brother did it and now he has 2 degrees. It's an excellent idea.

Which institution did he bag his own?
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by VinBukky(m): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2017
brightersms:
everything is possible if the campus are close like futo and nekede
a friend of mine did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fB4Z8mZalc

I'm currently Doing it.

Surveying and Geo-informatics - HND Nekede
Geology - Futo

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by tta(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2017
Is very easy, hav don it b4 if u gat d brain. As far back as 1997 I was running my Computer science in Kwara State Polytechnic at same time studying Electrical in Unilorin. Though it wasn't easy lik dat but I came out bright. Wish u gud luck
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by dom(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2017
i dunno. but i know that when we were admitted to read law in ui, my friend was also doing ND Masscom in Ibadan Poly. by the time we were in 500 level he was already wrapping up his HND in the same course.
today he has a flourishing legal practice in Abuja.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by tosyne2much(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2017
felixeze:
Bros no worry yourself. Just use your time and money on one. Do D.E and focus on that alone. I got my HND and B.Eng but nobody cares. In my workplace, we've got people with masters from international schools still nobody cares. People without any degree gets bigger salary because of what they can do. So, what you can do matters more not the number of certificates. Try and acquire skills and forget about stressing yourself say u wan do double program. I don't know if this country will ever be good.
May God bless you for this comment. It would do him a lot of good if he acquires one of the certificates and channels his energy into acquisition of skills.

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Possible bro.
But what's thw essence? undecided
Even peeps with PhD still dey find work!
It depends on the field the phd is in and it will be very foolish to embark on a PhD degree without any plans on what to do after.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ehinmowo: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2017
I dnt knw if it is NUC, ministry of education or schools law; I knw dt in school like UNIBEN dual admission is a crime

visit cawid.com for a unique social media experience
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by obi3rize: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2017
My brother is very possible. I studied Electrical Electronics with Fed poly Nekede and Maritime Mgt Technology with Federal university of Technology Owerri simultaneously. go ahead if you have the capital and if both schools are not too far from each other.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by shreck(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.
What you are saying is against the law.
Read your university admission regulatory rules
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by fippycbk(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2017
ransomeware:

Which institution did he bag his own?

Federal polytechnic, Nekede and Imo State University.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by kehnton(m): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.
I had a friend that did it. We served together. He was serving using his HND and at that time he was also in the university. He did both fullTime. YES, its very possible. And its good esp if you decide to run two different disciplines.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by mzwriters: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2017
It's quite difficult studying in 2 different schools at the same time. Although, I have done it before but in two different Universities in Nigeria and it turned out to be a huge success story. The important things you have to consider are the school time table, your finances and your human relation abilities.
With respect to school time table, some of the important academic activities like exams, seminar presentation, project defense etc in both schools might be happening at different times. You don't need a soothsayer to know that shuttling between two schools situated in different areas is cost demanding. Lastly, you need a very good attitudinal approach and human relations because you need this in order to maintain a very good relationship with your classmates. These classmates are the ones that will provide all necessary information for you when you are not around and sometimes help you out with tests and assignments! Good human relations can make this happen. So following these steps will help you run these two degrees at the same time with very minimal or no delay.
Final year students can check out [url]mzwriters.com[/url] for free project topics and materials
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by mozele(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

NEVER u present both certificates anywhere for a job interview both in nigeria and especially abroad.

Please what are your reasons?
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by calb: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
am also thinking of dat, but mine was because of d competition in admission, Any one of dem dat give admission i will go, but if both give, i will select one,,, which is Bsc but am also considering d addition of good four yrs insead of two yrs.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ikemesit4477: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
brightersms:
everything is possible if the campus are close like futo and nekede
a friend of mine did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fB4Z8mZalc
yes you are right, it is possible, two people I kwn did it, one study in nekede and futo, while the other one, study in nekede and Alvan ikoku, just that sometimes they do have clash in test, and is a little bit stressful too!
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by dangwarmai(m): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
mrlaw93:
Things involved; Money and Brain...
Got couple of friends who did it..
And corruption.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by tainot2002(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
Not easy bro,but I had a friend who did HND,B.Sc and ICAN at the same time. Though there was clash between the exam dates,got a carry-over and later re-write the paper to graduate in the same year with us.
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by DEADALIVE: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
@OP
True Story... in Nigeria its not about the certificate you have rather the certificates you are trying to acquire will only make you an average student but no job guarantee.
The only thing for sure is you get the opportunity to attend many interviews without call back because in Nigeria employers don't care about most qualified but someone who is skilled and professional in the area of interest with a token salary so as to maximize profit for the owners.
My advice is this as someone who has been through that road, yes it is possible for you to run two program simultaneously but in Nigeria is not worth it except you have a job guaranteed for you. So, just focus on the university and make sure you come out with good grades at least second class upper and develope yourself with real skills that sells which matters most hence u might be praying for a miracle job while an SSCE holder will use the same time in learning trade will be doing better while u still search for job with your certificates.
The freedom of choice is yours...

deadAlive...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by mecussey(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.

With money u can add phd to it but without money, its not possible.

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Please what are your reasons?

Any serious reputable company know that u can't attend classes for both programs
Re: How Possible Is It To Run A Bachelor Degree And HND At The Same Time? by ransomeware: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
mozele:

Thank you.

I am currently running mine in a private university.

Need some help?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola: Unilorin To Screen Students (pictures) / FUOYE Cancels Governing Council Election As 440 Voters Cast 955 Votes / Unizik Diploma Applicant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.