Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link (1755 Views)

(pictures) It Is A Tradition In Indonesia, To Dig Up The Dead, Clean Them Up. / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / 200-Year-Old Crocodile Showcased At Ero Okeliwo Festival In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 7:20am On Jul 05, 2017
Fantastic thing: Mexican mayor marries Crocodile to bring luck to local fishermen.

Charles Wow | 2017-07-04

A Mexican mayor has married a CROCODILE in a bizarre ceremony as part of an age old tradition to 'bring luck' to local fishermen.

The female crocodile - known as 'The Princess' - was baptised on Thursday then subsequently dressed in a custom-made wedding dress and had her jaws clamped shut for the big day on Friday.

She also wore a veil as she was paraded through streets, accompanied by band music.

After the procession, the reptile was married to the mayor of San Pedro Huamelula Victor Aguilarand in the town hall.

The the croc got hitched as part of a ritual which has been practised by the Chontal Indians since 1789.

They believe the ceremony will bring good luck and prosperity to local fishermen along the Pacific coast of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in Oaxaca state.

According to custom, the crocodile is regarded as a princess, and it's believed she will bring peace and prosperity to their community.

Mr Aguilar said: "The marenos [referring to the local residents], call her 'The Princess'.

"So the role that I play is to be the husband of the princess."

A wedding guest said afterwards: "The dance they do here is like an offer to God, to thank him for the land, the harvest, the fish.", as fishing is their main occupation.

Source : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-moment-mexican-mayor-marries-10729869

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Airtimex(m): 7:23am On Jul 05, 2017
shocked
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by immortalcrown(m): 7:27am On Jul 05, 2017
Nothing again is a wonder.
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by ipobarecriminals: 7:32am On Jul 05, 2017
cheesy wink grin sad undecidedwhy tape the mouth grin.Clowns

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
cheesy wink grin sad undecidedwhy tape the mouth grin.Clowns

cheesy grin Make e for no bite or chop people nau hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by shortgun(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2017
And they will say Africa is backward.

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by ipobarecriminals: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2017
lalasticala come see oo.
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Young03(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2017
Hmm..

madness
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Punctual(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2017
I think this world is more advanced than this bullsh*t

the pictures up there looks like a movie not gonna believe this without a source undecided
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2017
I hope she (crock) will not deny him mouth action? wink
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Punctual:
I think this world is more advanced than this bullsh*t

the pictures up there looks like a movie not gonna believe this without a source undecided

Doubting Thomas I hail ooo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-moment-mexican-mayor-marries-10729869. Here is the link, there is even a video there. Oya ooo
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I hope she (crock) will not deny him mouth action? wink

Lol... I guess she will be more delighted to do the mouth action heheheehee
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
lalasticala come see oo.

Lalasticlala
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Looks like serious witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
Muafrika2:
Looks like serious witchcraft

Serious one.. People who live close to river/sea/ocean can be so fetish

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
DuchessLily:

Serious one.. People who live close to river/sea/ocean can be so fetish
You know this because.......?
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
You know this because.......?

Because I have friends and relations from the riverine areas and the water creatures they say their fathers and forefathers worship/worshipped are unimaginable
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
DuchessLily:

Because I have friends and relations from the riverine areas and the water creatures they say their fathers and forefathers worship/worshipped are unimaginable
OK, I GIVE UP cheesy
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by DuchessLily(f): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
OK, I GIVE UP cheesy
cheesy
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by vastolord4(m): 5:42am On Jan 06, 2019
It's going to work if there is no other relegion against that of their tradition... that's how they'll grow.. unlike most parts of African that tangle religion and tradition
Re: Crocodile Marriage! What A Tradition (photos) and video in the link by Vincyman: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2022
Disgusting bizarre

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Sets To Marry Mariam Anako 7 Months After Queen Naomi’s Separation / Some Weird 44 Photos From The Past That Are Crazy. / Photo Of The Women Found On N10 Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.