Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. (3651 Views)

My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story) / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Red Night (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Bibi294(f): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good day, nl people... I'm about to share my story with everyone (autobiography) on skill acquisition and self employment...

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Epositive(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2017
i love reading true life stories... smiley
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Bibi294(f): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
As I was applying the finishing powder on her face, I let out a smile. A victorious one.! I had made a right choice and I am not going to regret ever doing it.

I am Mayowa Abiodun, a few of my friends call me bibilicious while other, Arikegold. I clocked twenty-three years last February, a graduate of Education and English. I am fair-skinned,tall and of an average height. Guys gushes over my tiny shape, my greatest endowment was my round bum, girls approached me and some even touch my bum to know if it's natural or I use bumpad. I've a long neck and a wide open teeth. Doctor, my closest friend had advised me to try modelling which I would have considered if not for my passion for something else.

Few days after the completion of my service year, people who knew me started asking me what the next step was, truthfully, I was confused. Either to go for my masters or get my CV flying over the schools in Ado Ekiti. My parents called me and asked what the next step would be, well, I was squatting in my sisters' room since they'd given my room of for adoption, like I was not having a room in my father's house. Well sha, dad said he was using that to send a message across to me but for me, he was joking... Bleep the message. I told him I don't even have a plan yet.

"After acquiring all skills in this life abi?" My dad had asked then it dawned on me that I don't have to stress myself looking for a job, I'm skilled in many fashion field ranging from nail fixing, bead making, cream mixing,soap making, makeup artistry to fashion designing.YES,all for me, they call me jack of all trades!
The following week, my father got a shop for me in the neighbourhood which I placed under lock for about a week since I don't even have any reasonable capital. A brief introduction into my parents and childhood.

I grew up in a perfect home of mixed religion, a family of four. My parents got married late and I came into the picture, a product from a mixed religious background, dad been a Muslim allowed us to follow mum to church. My father is a lecturer in a college of education in my state while my mum is a business woman. We were so comfortable while growing up and he showed love to my sister and I. Yes, we are just two, two wonderful,vibrant and hardworking ladies, we are our parents' joy.

I started hawking Abidjan soaps,vegetable oils and mats for my mother at age eight, I did not hawk alone, I hawked along with my aunty who was staying with us as at that time. Well, my father would not have anything of that and it all stopped the day a mad man beat me up at the market square in Ikere Ekiti. It was not a funny experienced, I stopped hawking and my mum opened a shop where she diaplyed her goods, she later started selling provisions and her shop was booming. When I was ten,during the long vacation, my mum bought a crate of egg for me and I started selling, after the long vac, I had raised money for my school uniforms, sandals and backpack. Not that my parents were not financially buoyant, but my mother wanted us to be a strong and independent woman. Well, I'm happy we were raised well.
Selling raw and boiled eggs helped me through secondary school, I would sell eggs,sweets and gums to get my uniforms and other essentials, sometimes, I would buy 'aso odun' and even buy things for my parents.

After gaining admission into the university, I knew I had to upgrade my level from the regular 'freeyard' skirts babe to the new 'pencil' skirts girl. My dad would pay my school fees, buy me textbooks, bought few dresses for me at the beginning of every semesters but hell no, I needed more. How would I get money to make myself comfortable? Do I have to sleep around like other girls?

7 Likes

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Toyin223(f): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Am Here Ma
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Bibi294(f): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
rachealfst
queenitee
BiafranBushBoy

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Toyin223(f): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
PamelB Queenitee Kimberlywest Shewrites Kimkardashain TiffanyJ SuretG Lilyjoe567 Please Invited OtherS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Eniqurl(f): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
I won't miss this!
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by queenitee(f): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Toyin223:
PamelB
Queenitee
Kimberlywest
Shewrites
Kimkardashain
TiffanyJ
SuretG
Lilyjoe567
Please Invited OtherS
Thank you
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by queenitee(f): 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
Awwn, I'm getting inspired already.. Bib
We are both February born.

But this one that you can do virtually everything, I want to learn o
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by do4luv14(m): 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bibi294:
rachealfst
queenitee
BiafranBushBoy

hmmmmm
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Matrycx(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
followin already gona read later
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by bcbones: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
Keep it up bibi....inspire us all
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2017
Toyin223 thanks for the invite.
I'm already seated and very, very ready to read.
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Toyin223(f): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Toyin223 thanks for the invite.
I'm already seated and very, very ready to read.
U Ar Welcome Sister
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Davidhero(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Following,

aprilwise IecheM Dapo97 segzy17 sunshine26 Angelinastto sunshine46 souloho19 Matrycx dadebayo1 Evans407 Farano Lovelyn dingdang ighodaovictor Verovera Tinalex wins18 timmyblast dhamiylhola devilmycry akuracy dredmatthew234 peacesamuel94 eunisam Holytitus zeeboss sebastine1994 AlamienDagash Nphzzycute Ikdbabie Rock01 Evans407 rachealfst redon12 prinxxdave talk2saintify mercichoco Folaoladapo redon12 kajsa08 Okebarnsegzy17 Ikdbarbie Nwiboko26 kevwe10 YINKS89 Debbiesmart switplum Odinz Ozila oxysyntabel mutalib24 Foladapo Missmossy Enigurl muxyray Ademoladeji Gabbyraze devilmaycry

Seems this story will make sense.
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by ademoladeji(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Davidhero:
Following,

Following....

Bibi294:
Good day, nl people... I'm about to share my story with everyone (autobiography) on skill acquisition and self employment...

I love your drive n motivation. I'm here to give you maximum support
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by YINKS89(m): 4:54am On Jul 06, 2017
Dres sm1 I'll like to have hre ..hmmmm wats dat her name again oo.... Ehn ehn.... Lilyjoe567 bby kom sit with mi at d vip section ND lets enjoy dis wonderful piece togeda.
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by SPDAZZY(f): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2017
Let's see what we have here

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:50am On Jul 06, 2017
YINKS89:
Dres sm1 I'll like to have hre ..hmmmm wats dat her name again oo.... Ehn ehn.... Lilyjoe567 bby kom sit with mi at d vip section ND lets enjoy dis wonderful piece togeda.

Really babe? You had to think before remembering my name?.... I'm so vexed right now
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:51am On Jul 06, 2017
Toyin223:
PamelB
Queenitee
Kimberlywest
Shewrites
Kimkardashain
TiffanyJ
SuretG
Lilyjoe567
Please Invited OtherS

Thanks sis for the invite
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by YINKS89(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Really babe? You had to think before remembering my name?.... I'm so vexed right now
m sowei dear juz kidding now.. [color=][/color] shocked sad
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Matrycx(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
nice intro. stayin glued

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Bibi294(f): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
I could recalled my first client, Aunty Lola. She had saw me displayed my cortexs in a little small trolley beside my mum's shop. She was a fair woman in her mid-late thirties. She wanted her nails fixed by me. She wanted a long oval tip glass nails on her fingers and an average size nails on her feet. I did it like an amateur I was, right from filing her nails to applying the almighty alteco to fixing the artificial nails. I fumbled, I performed woefully but she had seen something else in me. She was not shouting or vexing as she took the file from me and did her thing. I had superglued the artificial nails on her flesh instead of inside her cuticles. Painting the nails was something else, I remembered my boss told me to always brush the cortex upwards and not sidewardly. Well, I failed too... The nails was nothing to write home about. I refused to collect from Aunty Lola but she declined, she paid and promised to check on me some other time. I thank God today, Aunty Lola cannot fix her nails without seeing me, I could fix nails perfectly with my eyes locked.
I remembered when I was in my second year, someone had introduced LAPO microfinance bank to my mum, being a careful woman like she was, she declined getting involved, my aunty sha dragged me and I and my friend borrowed thirty thousand from them. It took us few days to determine what we wanted to sell. Well, I suggested undies (lingerie), we took the money to the market and bought our good. We started hawking our wares around the streets, hostels and offices then it started booming, we go to get our goods every market days and paying back a thousand seven hundred was not a problem for myself and my friend. We would even pay a daily contribution of two hundred par day and earned six thousand at the end of month. With this, we go to the market and buy clothes and other things for ourselves. It continued this way and I started paying for my handouts myself. I paid for my fare to and fro school and I was feeling well.

Dedications to our new readers,
Lilyjoe567
SPDAZZY
ademoladeji
Epositive
You're all welcome to our world...

And to my fervent readers, you know I heart you all.

Money fall on you all

2 Likes

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Toyin223(f): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
Wooooooooow
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
YINKS89:
m sowei dear juz kidding now.. [color=][/color] shocked sad

Lol.... apology accepted, so plz move a bit so I can sit close to you
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by kajsa08: 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
Davidhero:
Following,

its already making sense. thanks for the invite.

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by YINKS89(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Lol.... apology accepted, so plz move a bit so I can sit close to you
as ma queen pleases.
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by do4luv14(m): 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Bibi294:

Dedications to our new readers,
Lilyjoe567
SPDAZZY
ademoladeji
Epositive
You're all welcome to our world...

And to my fervent readers, you know I heart you all.

Money fall on you all

AMEN...... And you too dearie

to our new members who jst join the ride, I say ÉKÁÁBÒ
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by ademoladeji(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Bibi294:
someone had introduced LAPO microfinance bank .

LAPO lohun lohun?

You get mind ooooo
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Bibi294(f): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Jummy, my friend triggered me to learn nail artistry and fortunately for me, no one does in my street. I stopped selling undies and faced my nail business. Fortunately, my boss was a makeup artist. I remembered our first makeup project together. We powdered the bride's nails a day before and all these oversabi-lagos big girls who thought life ends in Lagos who had badmouthed my boss was the first to hailed us.
We did made her up and she was happy, she later endorsed my bosses'service. Well, this triggered my passion to make people appear more beautiful. I wanted to try something new, I wanted to be more creative and that started my quest for makeup artistry. I enrolled through a free skill acquisition (YBE) where you would pay three thousand naira for certificate par skill through my church and my doctor friend, Ade and after two weeks, spending over fifty thousands for materials and practicals on beads and makeup artistry, I graduated with two certificates.

MY CHALLENGES
I rented a container closed to my mum's shop immediately I completed my training in August 2015. I was a graduate as at then and as an educationist, no school was ready to pay me more than fifteen thousand naira. I started my biz and it was not hard getting customers because I was already a nail artist in my street. I displayed all the beads I made during my tainimgs and most people was ready to pay well because to them, I was a young girl.I sold off most of my beads at cheaper prices, prices not enough to the materials. Most of the gele I was tying as at then were either free or at very lower prices. Well sha, I closed down the shop when I got fed up... I sha would not be doing free services whereby a woman I volunteered to teach was making thousands tying them. I was doing makeups home services as low as five hundred naira and it was not helping matters.
I vowed in the year 2016 to make things alright.... I wanted to stop being an amateur makeup artist... I wanted to go deep and make cool cash... Being posted to servey fatherland in Edo state changed everything about my career...
My career, my path....

Sorry if my story is not making sense yet.... Just chillax make we walk into the makeup street....

If you're ready to learn the basics of makeover artistry too... Just grab a seat and relax....

ademoladeji
do4luv14
YINKS89
Lilyjoe567
kajsa08
Toyin223

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by YINKS89(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
bibi294 m ready to learn gurls wld like guys dat kan makeup.... also Lilyjoe567 bby m ready to make u up ones m certified.
Re: Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. by Toyin223(f): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Tank U Ma

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspiring Thoughts Of Michael Ogah Aka Ankara Boi of X-Factor ( A Compendum ) / Like Mother, Like Daughters (18+) / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.