Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,270 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:29 PM

Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West (50728 Views)

The Yorubas Want To Destroy Nigeria With Amotekun / What We Yorubas want in Nigeria / The Ibos Want Biafra The North Wants Ibo's Exit The Yorubas Want Ibo's Exit The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
luluman:
Nobody told them off, they vehemently denounce yorubaship & claim OKUN , so let them be.
RONTL.... Stop this lies. The same way THE average Ijebus, Ekitis, Ijesha, Ondos, igbonnas, Egba feel like they are stand alone Yoruba dialect is the way okuns also feel they are a stand alone Yoruba dialect. I have began doubting your Yorubaness.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by luluman: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
johnserek:

luluman or pupu man

i am okun
and we are yorubas
we are the ones that want to join our kiths back
its not a case of ibo who want ijaw to join him
this is a yoruba affair
it chokes you to see how we yorubas want to be together but you can say the same for delta ibos chai
Una for join north now: as minority so they can spank your arses like hell when the time comes.Sheegu.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
luluman:
Una for join north now: as minority so they can spank your arses like hell when the time comes.Sheegu.
This is one of the major reason I don't like the creation of this kind of threads, trolls like you will keep arguing back and forth on a non-existence issues like this.

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
luluman:
Kabba boy, if you now see us as important, welcome.What made you left us in the first place? you don't know where you belong.Stop being a bush boy & ask your kins why una run in the first place.

Why as your narrative suddenly changed
Mumu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Kratos3364(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

I actually want a monotholic Yoruba nation
Only issue will be re integrating ilorin into Yoruba land
you sound like someone who hasn't been to illorin. When you get there, Yorubas are at every nook and cranny working, speaking Yoruba language, don't let any ipob youth taunt you about Fulani owning illorin, if at all any tribe wishes to lay claim to illorin, it would be nupe and they CANT because they are minorities there.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Kratos3364:
you sound like someone who hasn't been to illorin. When you get there, Yorubas are at every nook and cranny working, speaking Yoruba language, don't let any ipob youth taunt you about Fulani owning illorin, if at all any tribe wishes to lay claim to illorin, it would be nupe and they CANT because they are minorities there.
i know ilorin is very Yoruba
Some of their Islamic clerics sha
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Fearlez: 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:

I don't have time for all this petty argument. Answer these questions.
1, Before the balkanization of defunct Eastern region did the people of the current states of Rivers, Cross river, Akwa Ibom and part of Bayelsa state agitate for a separate region from the Ibos dominated Eastern region or not?
2, The state of Delta, Edo and part of Bayelsa now SS were part of the defunct western region, before the creation of defunct Mid west region, have you ever seen the SW crying wolf that SS is a political demarcation?
3, Have you ever seen a SS'er complain of being identify as SS'er or attach by force with SE like you Ibos do?
All your questions are baseless and a cheap attempt at deflection. I had asked you a question 3 posts back which you never answered and you have the stupid brass to put questions before me especting me to answer

Answer the pending question: Are Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa-ibom, CrossRiver states not part of the East before?

Mr. All-All-States-Are-Political-demarcation.

Abeg, why are the Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara agitating to be secluded form the north?

See how baseless your question is?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Kratos3364(m): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
dee02:

Go and tell your father to shut the fu ck up you bloody vapid troglodyte.
It shall not be well with you and your cursed family members
Omo buruku ikeji eranko.
Thunder blow your head into hopeless pieces
Brainless twerp iku paaa eeee were omo
. Mr Adeleye calm down.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fearlez:
All your questions are baseless and a cheap attempt at deflection. I had asked you a question 3 posts back which you never answered and you have the stupid brass to put questions before me especting me to answer

Answer the pending question: Are Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa-ibom, CrossRiver states not part of the East?

Mr. All-All-Ststes-Are-Political-demarcstion.

Abeg, why are the Yorubas agitating to be secluded form the north?

See how baseless your question is?
Nobody win argument by raising his or her voice. The SW Yoruba are not attaching by force with the Yoruba in the North Central, rather the Yoruba in the North Central have always been Yoruba, acted Yoruba, always feel Yoruba, wants to be with their kinsmen in the SW, and note if Anioma state is to be created today SE Will always be SE and SS will still remain SS there is nothing your profusely wailing can do about it.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:
i know ilorin is very Yoruba
Some of their Islamic clerics sha
What happens to their clerics?
With the way you go about creating numerous threads on Yoruba in the North Central and secession I know you know close to nothing or little about Yoruba in general, all your knowledge about Yoruba nation starts and ends on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Fearlez: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
Nobody win argument by raising his or her voice. The SW Yoruba are not attaching by force with the Yoruba in the North Central, rather the Yoruba in the North Central have always been Yoruba, acted Yoruba, always feel Yoruba, wants to be with their kinsmen in the SW, and note if Anioma state is to be created today SE Will always be SE and SS will still remain SS there is nothing your profusely wailing can do about it.
Neither have the eastern igbos forcefully indicated an alignment with Delta igbos. It is delta igbos who proposed Anioma state with Onitsha in the East as its headquarters.

I read one of you here even it was igbos in the East who threw away the idea! So, what's all the fuss?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Ereolamide: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fearlez:
Tonto Dikeh, I never knew she was of that region. Honestly, I think she should be an expert in failed marriages and a crusader of desperate women who race against time by paying their own bride prize!

Sunday Oliseh was appointed national coach and I'm not surprised. Ask him what his father's name Olise means in Igbo.

Elechi Amadi ? Do you mean the poet I read in secondary school who scripted great works like "The Concubine" depicting Igbo culture and practices? You can't be serious.

Are you of that region? If you're not, you're attempting to rebrand a people with the cheap reach of 21st century social media.

In 2014, the head of Ohaneze was from Delta North, Anioma. Where did Kaduna Nzeogwu hail from ?

You say the denial of igbo by southern igbos began before the civil war? Where did you get that information from ? Where you born before the war? Have you read "There Was A Country" by Achebe? Do you realise Nigeria's first President, Nnamdi Azikiwe an indigene of Onitsha in the East is Eze-chime from a clan in Anioma Delta state?

Why did the federal troop carry out the Asaba genocide? Today's aniocha north, oshimimi north local governments area had over 11 Colonels in the war.

If you're not from that region , don't speak for them.

Have you read elechi amadi's the quintessential giant?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fearlez:
Neither have the eastern igbos forcefully indicated an alignment with Delta igbos. It is delta igbos who proposed Anioma state with Onitsha in the East as its headquarters.

I read one of you here even it was igbos in the East who threw away the idea! So, what's all the fuss?
So let assume or agree about the creation of anioma state with onitsha being its capital which I even know its not happening, will that make Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, rivers, Akwa Ibom and cross river part of SE or make SS less political demarcation as you earlier alleged?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by ivolt: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Deedeedee3:

Mr man lo sun jor! You have nothing sensible to say. If the whole Yorubas decide to leave your useless and backward country, there is nothing you can do about it.
Go sleep

You don't count your chickens before they hatch.
If the above happens then Nigeria will disintegrate.

But I will bet that the Yorubas will be making a rational
decision not an emotional one like Ipob is doing.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Fearlez: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
So let assume or agree about the creation of anioma state with onitsha being its capital which I even know its not happening, will that make Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, rivers, Akwa Ibom and cross river part of SE or make SS less political demarcation as you earlier alleged?

First off, Anioma state will comprise all of Delta North and no other regions or states in the federation.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by ivolt: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
hollyray2016:

If truly you a Yoruba then you are a coward or a politician

If you have any reasonable thing to say, please do so, I don't engage
in shouting contest.

Don't you think you should look in the mirror being a PDP agent yourself ?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by sEGXY2(m): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
A190:
Which sec sch did you attend? You don't look familiar
EGCA egbe!
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by sEGXY2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
funmi4love:
nice one my bro from EGBE MEKUN
Sisi mi wasere

you also from Egbe?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by funmi4love(f): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
sEGXY2:
Sisi mi wasere
you also from Egbe?
yessss ooooooo
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by mpowa(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
Lol... Your in law Might feel okun stand alone but that is her own personal opinion. I have been living with different okun men and women since God knows when, I school, work and flex with them. Even the average Hausa man some of you like calling illiterate knows they are Yoruba even though they are found in North central Nigeria. When I see all this liepod yoots claiming there is no Yorubas in Kogi at the inception of their madness I do ROTFL.
Yoruba is not based on Geography but on Self-identity, a man must know by genealogy and history were he belongs. My cousin served in Niger state and was very surprised that the part of Niger where he served are all Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Revolva(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Etsu in Lokoja?
Where is his palace biko?

As for the bolded part, abeg, Okun is "very small" compared to who or what? What is the entire population of your tribe?
They are part of the Yoruba nation, and Yorubas are definitely not "small". How won't you call them small and undeveloped when una don corner their lands into your region for decades, and starved it of development.

bro i mean okun people in yoruba is relative small...compared to ebiras n igalas...ok

i did not say they are not yorubas....i am not sure they can merge with the SW anymore ok...its too late.....

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fearlez:

First off, Anioma state will comprise all of Delta North and no other regions or states in the federation.
Lol... I thought Onitsha is going to be their State Capital as you earlier stated?
The creation of Delta north alone anioma state from today's Delta state will lead to the creation of an additional parasitic state and transform a resource rich state to a mega rich state, since little people will now be sharing its resources.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
mpowa:
Yoruba is not based on Geography but on Self-identity, a man must know by genealogy and history were he belongs. My cousin served in Niger state and was very surprised that the part of Niger where he served are all Yorubas.
Facts. This is what our brothers from the SE failed to understand.
Which part of Niger state is that sir.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by AshiwajuFoward: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
Revolva:

bro i mean okun people in yoruba is relative small...compared to ebiras n igalas...ok

i did not say they are not yorubas....i am not sure they can merge with the SW anymore ok...its too late.....

Smh. Guy, is that how much you hate the Okuns?? I wanna believe that you don't have comprehension problem, coz this thread is about the umbrella Okun socio-cultural group saying that they want exactly what you are saying is too late for them. Dude, you're not even one of them, yet you're talking crap like you know what's best for them. Na wah for you o.

You even derided them earlier by calling their part of the state underdeveloped, yet you don't want them to reunite with their brothers in other to better their lot. So obviously you enjoy their second-class and underdeveloped status so that you people can continue to marginalize them. But guess what? You are a joker. You don already fail coz they will be reunited with their kith and kin, and you will be alive to witness it. #Real talk. #Enemy of progress.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by mpowa(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
Facts. This is what our brothers from the SE failed to understand.
Which part of Niger state is that sir.
I don't know actually. I don't know Niger so well, but from the account he gave it was as if Niger state is a yoruba state, but I'm sure if he had gone to the other end, he would have seen the northerners and other tribes.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Fearlez: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
Lol... I thought Onitsha is going to be their State Capital as you earlier stated?
Yes, all of Delta North with/without Onitsha in Anambra as it's headquarters and not Bayelsa and Rivers and the other you flung into the equation.
realjoker:

The creation of Delta north alone anioma state from today's Delta state will lead to the creation of an additional parasitic state and transform a resource rich state to a mega rich state, since little people will now be sharing its resources.
I see no correlation with the economic viability of Anioma state. You're constantly shifting the goal posts. First it was igbos forcing themselves on Anioma, to what region would Anioma be if created, then to how self-sustaining it could be as a state.

But let me oblige you just once and sail along with your fishing bait: Ndokwa which is Anioma is the only onshore or oil-producing locality in all of Delta state!

If the river Niger that sits between the twin cities of Asaba and Delta is dredged, it will boost commerce adequately...this is just naming a few.

So the economic viability of Anioma state which is the oldest agitated state in Nigeria is not under question!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by jiorhemen(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Okun inclusion in the northern region predates independence. They were under kabba province in the defunct northern region

Pre-independence regions such as northern region, western region, etc, are no longer in existence. What is presently in existence are the states and I don't think it was Lugard who created the states. The states were created by military fiat of Generals of northern origin.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
mpowa:

I don't know actually. I don't know Niger so well, but from the account he gave it was as if Niger state is a yoruba state, but I'm sure if he had gone to the other end, he would have seen the northerners and other tribes.
Nope, Niger is not a Yoruba state but there is large concentration of Yoruba people in most cities and towns of Niger state that you will mistaken it as a Yoruba community sometimes you mistaken the Yorubas and locals as Hausa do to Islamic mode of dressing. Nupe and Gbagyi are the dominant language follows by Hausa others are bussa, Kadara, Koro, Baraba, Kakanda(Nupe sub group), GanaGana, Dibo, Kambari, Kamuku, Pangu, Dukkawa, Gwada and Ingwai and many more.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by luluman: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
realjoker:
RONTL.... Stop this lies. The same way THE average Ijebus, Ekitis, Ijesha, Ondos, igbonnas, Egba feel like they are stand alone Yoruba dialect is the way okuns also feel they are a stand alone Yoruba dialect. I have began doubting your Yorubaness.
Why has stand alone decided to be stand with them? we don't want una.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by almarthins(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Kabba in Midwest?

Oya clap for yaself. Kabba was one of the 11 or so provinces of the defunct northern region.

Where is osse river? In d north?
because kabba isn't far ...
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by luluman: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

Why as your narrative suddenly changed Mumu
Just don't bring prostitution to S/W
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fearlez:
Yes, all of Delta North with/without Onitsha in Anambra as it's headquarters and not Bayelsa and rovers and the other you flung into the equation.

I see no correlation with the economic viability of Anioma state. You're constantly shifting the goal posts. First it was igbos forcing themselves on Anioma, to what region would Anioma be if created, then to how self-sustaining it could be as a state.

But let me oblige you just once and sail along with your fishing bait: Ndokwa which is Anioma is the only onshore or oil-producing locality in all of Delta state!

If the river Niger they sits between the twin cities of Asaba and Delta is dredged, it will boost commerce adequately...this is just naming a few.

So the economic viability of Anioma state which is the oldest agitated state in Nigeria is not under question!
lols , 95% of Delta state oil and gas output are from shallow water and offshore oil fields. You and I know Ijaw, itshekiri, Urhobo/Isoko are the people who owns this areas.

Explain the bolded part

On the italic: Even the last confab report suggests that creation of new state should be subjected to its economic viability, so stop rambling, I am against creating additional parasitic state.

In general, you are the one shifting goal posts. You answered my first question by asking me a question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo / EFCC Files 11 Charges Against Fayose (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.