Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West (51082 Views)

The Yorubas Want To Destroy Nigeria With Amotekun / What We Yorubas want in Nigeria / The Ibos Want Biafra The North Wants Ibo's Exit The Yorubas Want Ibo's Exit The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2017
9jakool:

I was not expecting that.
Why Ayetoro-Gbede?

Ayetoro-Gbede is the only town blessed with a very beautiful landscape in Okun land, no hills sorrounding it, it is only surrounded by low savannah forests and grasslands.
It is a town own' by all Gbede villages(often refers to as Ajowa Gbede).
It can easily be access from any part of Okun land, be it from Yagba,oworo,Bunu, ijumu oke and Ijumu arin.
If ayetoro gbede develope, it will quickly spread to other Gbede villages,mopa,Iyara,Kabba and Bunu land unlike Kabba that the development may spread towards Okene...the location of kogi state college of education technical is a good example.

Bunu people have also found Ayetoro to be their 2nd town aside from their bunu town.
Ayetoro Gbede is the only non admistrative town in Okun land that is developing very rapidly into a modern society.
You can hardly differentiate Ayetoro-Gbede from Odokoro-Gbede and Iyah-Gbede respectively due to her level development.
The town planning of Ayetoro-Gbede is the best i have seen in Okun land, their roads and drainage system is quite in order.
Not forgeting the weather conditions compares to Lokoja you mentioned.
Ayetoro-Gbede does not entertain traditional worshipers, no Oro or Egungun unlike Kabba town which will shut down their for more than 24hrs just to celebrate their annual Oro festival.
These and more reasons made me to choose Ayetoro-Gbede oo.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Omofunaab2:

My friend shut up.. Some of you are just dumb.. Okun people were under the defunct northern region.. They were classified under kabba province same with kwara

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Region,_Nigeria

Northern region before joining excluded today's central Kwara and Kogi west out of your imagination

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Viergeachar: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2017
@AshiwajuForward and dee02

Let's all learn how to disagree to agree.

We can all converge at a middle ground.

Restructuring is the way forward.

Yorubas were enmeshed in a bitter civil war for decades until colonialists took over all our territories.

How are we sure we wont tow that path once again when we become fully independent and there are more common enemies?

Let us make the best of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Viergeachar:

Yorubas were enmeshed in a bitter civil war for decades until colonialists took over all our territories.

How are we sure we wont tow that path once again when we become fully independent and there are more common enemies?

What is all this mess lol ogbeni we are already surrounded by enemy in Nigeria we can't keep on. Managing our living

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by almarthins(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Omofunaab2:

My friend shut up.. Some of you are just dumb.. Okun people were under the defunct northern region.. They were classified under kabba province same with kwara

Oya prove am! Person wey sabi...gera out here. Kaba province is in the Midwest near osse river thank say I sabi d area. So where u get ur own findings. I shake my head for ur ignorance

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Fearlez: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2017
Viergeachar:

Nah!

The overwhelming majority of SS Igbos always reject the Igbo identity e.g. Tonto Dikeh, Sunday Oliseh, Elechi Amadi etc
And the issue predates the civil war.

IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra map is all over Nairaland and it includes the whole SS.
Tonto Dikeh, I never knew she was of that region. Honestly, I think she should be an expert in failed marriages and a crusader of desperate women who race against time by paying their own bride prize!

Sunday Oliseh was appointed national coach and I'm not surprised. Ask him what his father's name Olise means in Igbo.

Elechi Amadi ? Do you mean the poet I read in secondary school who scripted great works like "The Concubine" depicting Igbo culture and practices? You can't be serious.

Are you of that region? If you're not, you're attempting to rebrand a people with the cheap reach of 21st century social media.

In 2014, the head of Ohaneze was from Delta North, Anioma. Where did Kaduna Nzeogwu hail from ?

You say the denial of igbo by southern igbos began before the civil war? Where did you get that information from ? Where you born before the war? Have you read "There Was A Country" by Achebe? Do you realise Nigeria's first President, Nnamdi Azikiwe an indigene of Onitsha in the East is Eze-chime from a clan in Anioma Delta state?

Why did the federal troop carry out the Asaba genocide? Today's aniocha north, oshimimi north local governments area had over 11 Colonels in the war.

If you're not from that region , don't speak for them.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by YonkijiSappo: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2017
Revolva:

help me tell am..oo no Igala has ever lay claim of lokoja before....except the Nupes...Ok..cos Lokoja has an Etsu which is the traditional title of the Nupes who migrated from Niger state

Okun people are very small..and the level of underdevelopment in their region is not promosing...not to compare with other part of kogi...
well na dem sabi

Etsu in Lokoja?
Where is his palace biko?

As for the bolded part, abeg, Okun is "very small" compared to who or what? What is the entire population of your tribe?
They are part of the Yoruba nation, and Yorubas are definitely not "small". How won't you call them small and undeveloped when una don corner their lands into your region for decades, and starved it of development.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by YonkijiSappo: 10:00am On Jul 07, 2017
almarthins:

Oya prove am! Person wey sabi...gera out here. Kaba province is in the Midwest near osse river thank say I sabi d area. So where u get ur own findings. I shake my head for ur ignorance

Kabba in Midwest?

Oya clap for yaself. Kabba was one of the 11 or so provinces of the defunct northern region.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by AshiwajuFoward: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2017
almarthins:

Omofunaab2 is actually correct. In the context of this news report and discussion, since amalgamation, the Okuns have never been in the same geographical region as their Yoruba brothers in the current SouthWest. Awolowo failed in his attempt to have them included as part of the Western Region back then, the military also saw to it that they were wrongly ceded to the 'Middlebelt/North Central'.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by AshiwajuFoward: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Etsu in Lokoja?
Where is his palace biko?

As for the bolded part, abeg, Okun is "very small" compared to who or what? What is the entire population of your tribe?
They are part of the Yoruba nation, and Yorubas are definitely not "small". How won't you call them small and undeveloped when una don corner their lands into your region for decades, and starved it of development.

Lol. Abeg help me school the chap. Plenty ignorant people full this thread.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by almarthins(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Omofunaab2 is actually correct. In the context of this news report and discussion, since amalgamation, the Okuns have never been in the same geographical region as their Yoruba brothers in the current SouthWest. Awolowo failed in his attempt to have them included as part of the Western Region back then, the military also saw to it they were wrongly ceded to the 'Middlebelt/North Central'.

Mid west jare. If u follow Nigerian news smtimes u will just miss some facts. I asked sm old men who know the geography well. And they confirmed kabba as part of Midwest. As for okun well God go help dem o!
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Deedeedee3: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2017
Viergeachar:

I beg to disagree with you. Restructuring is not the way forward. Disintegration is. When we leave Nigeria, we can then restructure ourselves and control our border.
Forget Nigeria!
She is dead!
Oodua republic is what we need!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by SuperS1Panther: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2017
comos:

ore belongs to the Benins

Really!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you had F9 in Geography and History

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by psalmsjob: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2017
nototribalist:
Nnamdi kanu is truly a blessing and a leader. See what he has caused in Nigeria.

Afonjas it's either restructuring or break-up choose one.

I thought you LiePOBs said its either Biafrau.d or nothing, so what's this restructure you clowns are now claiming to be the advocate of?

But as usual when the desirable is not possible the possible become desirable grin

Biafrau.d is dead before and now! Biafra is a lost cause but though it is providing free meal for the jobless Nnamdi Kanu grin

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2017
aljharem:

Please who is the king in jebba

What language is spoken in jebba

What is the meaning of jebba in Hausa or any other language.

So many mumus dey this forum

Since you don't want to act civil without name calling and other disgusting act, let me school you a bit (even if you are my grand pa's age)!

Jebba is a Nupe town, and the name Jebba is an anglicized Nupe word which originally is "Ejeba" which means; a place where river/stream flows.

Check this out:

"Jebba, town, Kwara state, western Nigeria. It lies on the south bank and at the natural head of navigation of the Niger River, 550 miles (885 km) from the sea. It is populated by the predominantly Muslim Nupe people, whose kingdom, refounded by Tsoede, flourished in the region in the early 16th century. From this period date the noted Jebba bronzes. The island of Jebba in the Niger River still retains a traditional Nupe settlement."(Britannica, 2017).

The "Oba" is an invention which is a century old or less, and it is closely linked with the anti-Nupe colonial master Frederick Lugard and the capitalist Goldie of the Royal Niger Company. Though, other machinations are involved.

Before I forget, predominant language in Jebba is the NUPE language.

Sir, don't think we are all high school kids here or tribal warlords here. Peace.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by realjoker(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
AdeizaPaul:

Oga, abeg which one be monothlic? lol Monolithic?
All those places I mentioned are Oodua, so yes, it wis still monolithic, if that is what you want.

I have noticed from your previous posts that you seem to be of this conviction that Ilorin is so far gone that it isn't that much Yoruba anymore.
That couldn't be any further from the truth. Because if the people of Ilorin vote today in a plebiscite, they would vote to join the West in an 80-20 landslide.
What more evidence of easy integration do you want than that.

Mind you I am from Kogi state.
This is the same thing I am telling him before his co-ewarrior started throwing tantrums they even went as far as calling me leech. He thinks going the path of liepod yoots who are source of shame to their kinsmen will do him any good
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebba
Oba of Jebba is Abdulkadir Alabi Adebara (2003-date)

Any fool with a phone can write, edit and post on Wikipedia. Give me 5 academic sources and I might believe you.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Since you don't want to act civil without name calling and other disgusting act, let me school you a bit (even if you are my grand pa's age)!

Jebba is a Nupe town, and the name Jebba is an anglicized Nupe word which originally is "Ejeba" which means; a place where river/stream flows.

Check this out:

"Jebba, town, Kwara state, western Nigeria. It lies on the south bank and at the natural head of navigation of the Niger River, 550 miles (885 km) from the sea. It is populated by the predominantly Muslim Nupe people, whose kingdom, refounded by Tsoede, flourished in the region in the early 16th century. From this period date the noted Jebba bronzes. The island of Jebba in the Niger River still retains a traditional Nupe settlement."(Britannica, 2017).

The "Oba" is an invention which is a century old or less, and it is closely linked with the anti-Nupe colonial master Frederick Lugard and the capitalist Goldie of the Royal Niger Company. Though, other machinations are involved.

Sir, don't think we are all high school kids here or tribal warlords here. Peace.

Another far lie
Jebba, much like the majority of Nigeria, is a melting pot of culture and tribes. Adebara Dynasty is the Traditional Ruling House in Jebba.The present King remained as the fifth Oba of Jebba. The First Oba of Jebba was Adebola Adebara who reign between 1865 to 1900. 2nd King was Odaso Adebara (1901-1930), 3rd King was Oba Muhammad Ayoola Adebara (1931-1943), 4th King was (Alh) Oba Ahmadu Akanbi Adebara who lived on the throne for 60 years (1943-2003) and the present and 5th King is Oba (Alh) Abdulkadir Alabi Adebara (2003-date). The people in Jebba live in harmony, functioning peacefully. There are Jumaat mosque within and around Jebba metropolis with an appointed Imams. There are also several churches for the Christians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Bondesniger(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2017
going where they truly belong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:35am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Any fool with a phone can write, edit and post on Wikipedia. Give me 5 academic sources and I might believe you.

Any fool can edit Britannia too
Jebba stretches from Kwara into Niger Kwara has a huge nupe population cause it's close to niger

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2017
IsanluMakutu:

Yes it DOES.
And I can tell you that AUTHORITATIVELY.

First, which LGA is Jebba in?

Jebba is Moro LGA so?
A town being in an LGA dominated by an ethnic group does not strip it from its identity. Take for instance, Tsaragi is in Edu LGA and Tsare (share) is in Ifedlodun LGA but the two town are divided by a very narrow road.

AUTHORITATIVELY??
Are you an historian in any field(Anthropology, Sociology, African studies etc) or have you published books that takes talks about these two towns. Or you've only lived there for some years or at worst a decade and you depend on heresay from just abt source?

Sir, please respond accordingly thanks.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

Any fool can edit Britannia too
Jebba stretches from Kwara into Niger Kwara has a huge nupe population cause it's close to niger

Sure, and I still have tons of resources that still points to the fact that it is a MAJOR nupe town. The Nupes for century have occupied the Niger till this present day. I can prove that anywhere fact.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Jebba is Moro LGA so?
A town being in an LGA dominated by an ethnic group does not strip it from its identity. Take for instance, Tsaragi is in Edu LGA and Tsare (share) is in Ifedlodun LGA but the two town are divided by a very narrow road.

AUTHORITATIVELY??
Are you an historian in any field(Anthropology, Sociology, African studies etc) or have you published books that takes talks about these two towns. Or you've only lived there for some years or at worst a decade and you depend on heresay from just abt source?

Sir, please respond accordingly thanks.

Mr man your only typing big grammar
The igbos are majority in festac axis of lagos
That does not strip festac of its Yorubaness
Just how Yorubas are majority in some axis of London

Your theory of cause they are more it's not for Yoruba is baseless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Sure, and I still have tons of resources that still points to the fact that it is a MAJOR nupe town. The Nupes for century have occupied the Niger till this present day. I can prove that anywhere fact.

Are we clamouring for Niger?
I have been to Jebba and climbed the mountain
The people speak full fledged Yorubas
And the nupes usually come begging from Niger state

Point to resources that claim how Jebba is nupe
You did cipy and paste from Britannia and added grammar without evidence lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

Another far lie
Jebba, much like the majority of Nigeria, is a melting pot of culture and tribes. Adebara Dynasty is the Traditional Ruling House in Jebba.The present King remained as the fifth Oba of Jebba. The First Oba of Jebba was Adebola Adebara who reign between 1865 to 1900. 2nd King was Odaso Adebara (1901-1930), 3rd King was Oba Muhammad Ayoola Adebara (1931-1943), 4th King was (Alh) Oba Ahmadu Akanbi Adebara who lived on the throne for 60 years (1943-2003) and the present and 5th King is Oba (Alh) Abdulkadir Alabi Adebara (2003-date). The people in Jebba live in harmony, functioning peacefully. There are Jumaat mosque within and around Jebba metropolis with an appointed Imams. There are also several churches for the Christians

Let' start using other using other resouces apart from aby encyclopedia. You can see what I'm saying, the Adebara dynasty startedstarted in the late 18th century, while Jebba has been existing before that. Before I forget, please is Jebba a Yoruba word? (Prove that with all you've got). If it is not, from what language was the word derived?
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Zoolezoo(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Check this out:

I know there are two Jebbas, Jebba North is in Niger, and Jebba is in Kwara.
The Kwara Jebba in Ifelodun local government, Yoruba is what I know to be the predominant language there. The Jebba in Kwara could have verry well been added by the Kwara state Government or the FG to EDU local government, lafiagi- with which they share a border at Bacita and Shonga, but it remains in Ifelodun for linguistic and cultural reasons, which is that they are not Nupes.
btw, How was Lugard Anti Nupe? care to explain that part?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Trottle: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2017
Markfemi2:

Mr man your only typing big grammar
The igbos are majority in festac axis of lagos
That does not strip festac of its Yorubaness
Just how Yorubas are majority in some axis of London

Your theory of cause they are more it's not for Yoruba is baseless

Which means that you've just agreed with an earlier assertion of mine. grin grin Don't get confused sir.

I don't understand your second statement. Please, restructure.
Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Which means that you've just agreed with an earlier assertion of mine. grin grin Don't get confused sir.

I don't understand your second statement. Please, restructure.

Having a huge population of nupe doesn't make Jebba a nupe town and I used festac as an example nupe are also plenty in ifelodun,egbe, omo Aran they are called TAPA
You have not provided evidence
I have shown you list of oba
You can't even show one nupe king or emir
What you typed is what people call HEAVY WIND

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Let' start using other using other resouces apart from aby encyclopedia. You can see what I'm saying, the Adebara dynasty startedstarted in the late 18th century, while Jebba has been existing before that. Before I forget, please is Jebba a Yoruba word? (Prove that with all you've got). If it is not, from what language was the word derived?

Can you show me another source outside brittiana ?
Cause you haven't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Kogi Yorubas Want Reunion With South West by Markfemi2: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2017
Trottle:

Show us one more
Occupy is different from owning I think English is your problem

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday / Emmanuel Macron Playing Drum With Nigerian Lady (photo) / Tinubu, Amaechi Head To London To Fetch Buhari - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.