Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday (55049 Views)

Malcom Ebose, Best Graduating Student Of His Class From Cambridge University UK / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Veetee(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2017
This is wrong, there are other ways he can punish his student for coming late to class, students of this age needs to be disciplined for. Bad behaviour but not in this crude manner,he could have simply send them out.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by micflo28(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2017
lols.... like the degree certificate will guaranty one a job after school... mtcheew....kiddos grin cheesy grin
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by LordOfNaira: 9:06am On Jul 06, 2017
This can never happen in OAU. When I was a student, only doctors liked to show themselves. Professors were dignified.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by MONITZ: 9:07am On Jul 06, 2017
The guy is just an imbecilic idiot,no wonder Obasanjo described Nigerian lecturers as "skirt-chasing and hand-out selling individuals.I know he wouldn't ve yielded to this kind of punishment in his under-graduate days when they were always ready to go on "ALUTA" for the most flimsy and silly reason..

Well he knows they re all kids, and he feels he can ride roughshod over them without a repercussion . Can't any of the students even 'arrange ' him outside the school premises to teach him a lesson of his life.....

How can a graduate express himself or his ideas confidently with this kind of treatment?Then after sometime they will churn out statistics showing that most Nigerian graduates re unemployable,how would they with this kind of treatment that demoralises and deflates their ego and self-worth.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Jelal0007(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2017
40kobo77:
Correct.

Some undergraduates just need to be flogged.
This slave mentality needs 2b flogged out of U.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by buchilino(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2017
ABEG DOES ANYBODY NO D PHONE NUMBER, HE NEEDS MORE FISH PEPPER SOUP. CORRECT GUY.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by poseidon12: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2017
crackhouse:
they are just afraid of having F in his course.
It's not good to be intimidated.
This shows they don't have any right.
Reducing their mark in their assessments would have been a better option and a better lesson to them than this.

Why would you reduce a student's mark because they came late to class? Your score should depend on how you perform in exams, quizzes and home work. Undergrads are adults and should be treated as such.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by iLiquidator: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2017
fatdick:
That Prof is a lunatic. I remember when he used to storm Henry Carr PG hall those days during my MSc. He is a sadist and was challenged severally by few PG students then.
Engine boys cannot take this non sense
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by joenor(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2017
flog a undergraduate student, Prof na wah for you
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by talk2saintify(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2017
imagine

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by speezyWears: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2017
After they will be calling university of Ilorin an Advanced Secondary School,

Better by far always....
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by AJCs(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2017
I am sure this isn't the first time he would be exhibiting such Primary school discipline. What has it been done against the ones he had done in the past by school authority or SUG?
Nothing, I believe was done, otherwise, he wouldn't have had the temerity to continue.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by EmmanuelCena(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2017
irynterri:
I blame the students, our mentality has been so skewed that we do not know what it means to speak up for our right when an elderly person is involved. Imagine if all the students in the class stood up and protested, would he have continued?

Lol
You talk like you haven't passed through a 'Nigerian University'

Clap for yourself!
You will fail the course, and courses of those loyal to him!
If you see 3rd class, nah by God's grace!
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by oweman: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=Adeoba10 post=58170674]Let his name trend on social media for this reason then his head will come back to normal.... Awon wehrey lecturer forming kingkong[

Why not trend for 10 years ;
When parents fail to put thier children on the right path the university like the primary and secondary schools has the responsibility to remodel the rascals .
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by oweman: 9:28am On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=speezyWears post=58174396]After they will be calling university of Ilorin an Advanced Secondary School,

Better by far always....

Unilorin is father of thier fathers and husband to thier mother's and grand mama's same time .
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Originality007: 9:28am On Jul 06, 2017
40kobo77:
Correct.
Some undergraduates just need to be flogged.

naso

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by isaacola57: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2017
yemi1261:
one of the Consequences of admission of underage pupils into Universities these days. The prof felt the pupil was not yet above canning.
at what age do u want ur kids to enter university 22?..please talk with sense..they only tolerated it coz of their grades..geez times have changed its a good thing 16 year olds are entering universities

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Dbboy(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2017
Yet you call private university glorified secondary school. This cant even happen in my university.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by iamord(m): 9:33am On Jul 06, 2017
akintade59:
Prof Daramola of english dept, university of lagos flogged student who came late to his class on their palm, this so shameful for a respected school like this.
this is happening because the class is filled with ribena children , half baked from secondary school . fearful and timid .and don't even understand their fundamental right . "Awon my mummy say!" its pathetic
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Shallypop(f): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2017
akintade59:
Prof Daramola of english dept, university of lagos flogged student who came late to his class on their palm, this so shameful for a respected school like this.
You are studying English as a course and u spelt English(english) this way? Anyways Daramola has always been very strict. I knew him when he was a Dr. I graduated from d department about 9 years ago.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by ponpon(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2017
I trust unilag management, the student that posted this would be suspended for four semesters

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by techlorddsblog: 9:38am On Jul 06, 2017
Buhahaha!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by obaseno(m): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2017
waleadex:
It does not make sense...
at all
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2017
MirJay:
undecided

he doesn't have any child so has to vent his frustration on others.
Those cultists won't deal him but will go after the innocents.

I also think he is a cultist

The man is blessed with four kids. I'm sure he was only messing around with the students. I'm surprised people are taking the thing P. Those who know Prof D would understand better.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sukkot: 9:40am On Jul 06, 2017
this one na australopithecus professory

prehistoric stoneage ass nigga
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2017
If I was the one he flogged ehn,I will just pretend like I've fainted.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by mbhs139(m): 9:42am On Jul 06, 2017
For me, the Prof was just playing pranks with the students, that's the way I see it.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by anyebedgreat: 9:42am On Jul 06, 2017
Shame on the students that will allow a lecturer to flog them. This can never happen in the school I graduated from. Never!
Ask anyone who passed through Uni Agric Makurdi.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by farouk0403(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2017
alignacademy:

Not all "old" professors.

Such traits are usually found among the FRUSTRATED...

Yea sure
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by ebenholer(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2017
obayaya:

The guy na idiot..

One PG student asked him then..

"Sir, you went to school in Australia right? Was this how you were treated?"

The man was just talking gibberish
Yea very true they don't do that in Australia but down there students have in-built discipline in them. They are always responsible to their learning.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Vacora(m): 9:50am On Jul 06, 2017
To all the the idiots applauding a professor using physical assault to punish or correct erring students, has the flogging improved morality amongst students or improved education or reduced crime in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Stop My Female Students From Lusting After Me? / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) / "Only In Unillorin" - See What An Angry Unillorin Student Wrote About Her School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.