Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) (12869 Views)

Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre VS Religion Indifference / Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
This thread is for Christians who are scientists, whether they are doctors, lab assistants, technicians, engineers etc.

HOW DO YOU BALANCE YOUR RELIGION WITH SCIENCE? THIS IS VECAUSE THEY CAN BE POLAR OPPOSITE AT TIMES.

JUST LOOK AT THESE QUESTIONS

1. As a biologist, how do you explain Jesus rising from the dead, when you know that a dead body can't rise again especially after 3 days?

2. Where does Jesus's other set of chromosomes come from if Joseph is not his father (no biological father)

3. As a geologist, wouldn't there be earth or soil under any body of water? Then how could God in genesis claim to have floated over deep waters and created the earth?

4. How do you reconcile pastors healing diseases with no cure? How can someone be healed of Aids, Ebola etc?

5. How can an astrophysicist look at the vast emptiness of outer space and agree that a great omniscient God created such a waste?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Cc Hahn, felixomor, Kingebukasblog, catfishbilly, adepeter26, tluzzie, tearless et al
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
all I have to say is your thinking is still within a box...u are no scientist if u haven't explored outside the box.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by psucc(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
The answers lies in a mystery.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
psucc:
The answers lies in a mystery.
A mystery is no answer. Do you know why Christian theologians do call the Holy Trinity the "Mystery of Christian Faith"? It's another way of saying, I don't know what I'm talking about, but I refuse to listen to my rational mind screaming bullshit.

If you know this 'mystery', mind letting me in on it?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
whitebeard:
all I have to say is your thinking is still within a box...u are no scientist if u haven't explored outside the box.
A scientist DOESN'T make scientific assertions OUTSIDE the box of science if he must maintain his CREDIBILITY.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Why is God considered an explanation for anything?
It's not. It's a failure to explain, a shrug of the shoulders, an 'I dunno' dressed up in spirituality and ritual.
If someone credits something to God, generally what it means is that they haven't a clue, so they're attributing it to an unreachable, unknowable sky-fairy.
Ask for an explanation of where that bloke came from, and odds are you'll get a vague, pseudo-philosophical reply about having always existed, or being outside nature. Which, of course, explains nothing

Source: An anonymous blogger

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
JackBizzle:
Cc Hahn, felixomor, Kingebukasblog, catfishbilly, adepeter26, tluzzie, tearless et al

I am tired of repeating the same thing over and over again . There is no such thing as science vs religion , there's science and religion.

In witchcraft, magic is seen as a law of nature not yet known to contemporary science.

There are so many mysteries in this universe and man has observed just 4 percent of the universe, so what waste are you talking about ?

Some believe science can never unravel the mysteries of this universe, some believe we need more than just science to completely understand life .

Anything to be discussed would be based on mere conjectures .

One last thing : As the creator of the universe , God can defy natural laws , laws of physics to orchestrate whatever he chooses to . That's what makes him God - the wonder , the mesmerising effect of his prescence, the mystery behind the existence the cosmos . You can't just quickly decipher an inscrutable being or its actions, you just can't.

You are now given the carte blanche to recycle your rebutted arguments .

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Why is God considered an explanation for anything?
It's not it's a failure to explain, a shrug of the shoulders, an 'I dunno' dressed up in spirituality and ritual.
If someone credits something to God, generally what it means is that they haven't a clue, so they're attributing it to an unreachable, unknowable sky-fairy.
Ask for an explanation of where that bloke came from, and odds are you'll get a vague, pseudo-philosophical reply about having always existed, or being outside nature. Which, of course, explains nothing

The people making such claims are MYPOPIC ones who don't look too far, hence their tendency to always get caught in the web of dishonesty. Ask them why God hasn't cured cancer or shown the scientists the cure for cancer and they'll give you the excuse that God doesn't rule this world since the Devil has become its prince since the fall of man and the ONLY way to get God's protection is through FAITH IN CHRIST . Convenient enough. When extraordinary things happen to people WHO DO NOT HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST, these same people turn around and term it a miracle, attributing it to their God, effectively rendering their earlier excuse INVALID. Since God interferes in the life of unbelievers who didn't ask for it, then prayers and faith are no longer prerequisites for receiving miracles and healings, so why doesn't he interfere in ALL cases? Why bestow such favour arbitrarily? The Christian has no answer to this other than to turn himself into a clown performing a circus show. You know how the mental gymnastics tend to look like. These people want to eat their cake and have it. Their dishonesty is cringeworthy. grin

4 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
TLuzzie:
A scientist DOESN'T make scientific assertions OUTSIDE the box of science if he must maintain his CREDIBILITY.
grin[b]u are still a baby u Havent read to the extent that u start begging for knowledge or feel desperate for it.[/b] grin your quote is very funny...here is a word of advice...always think outside the box, u never can tell what lies there...!!
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

One last thing : As the creator of the universe , God can defy natural laws , laws of physics to orchestrate whatever he chooses to . That's what makes him God - the wonder , the mesmerising effect of his prescence, the mystery behind the existence the cosmos . You can't just quickly decipher an inscrutable being or its actions, you just can't.
This. Pseudo philosophical bullshiiit.
CatfishBilly:

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
whitebeard:
grin[b]u are still a baby u Havent read to the extent that u start begging for knowledge or feel desperate for it.[/b] grin your quote is very funny...here is a word of advice...always think outside the box, u never can tell what lies there...!!
We're talking about science here. Your logic doesn't apply. Can you accept the law of gravity as fact and then in the same breath tell me that you CAN FLOAT in the air without enhancements? That you won't fall and get harmed if you jump outside your window with no cushion in sight? You EITHER believe that sh!t and discard the theory of gravity or accept gravity as an immutable law of nature and ridicule such ideas as lies. You can't accept both. One precludes the other.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by lepasharon(f): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Why you no tag spacetacular?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Niflheim(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
@whitebeard,

Are these the people you are telling us to try and be like? The people who you claim are thinking out of the box?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by hahn(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
lepasharon:
Why you no tag spectacular?

The thread is for real doctors

Might as well tag Dr Felix with the sleeping brain

tongue

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by hahn(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
Niflheim:
@whitebeard,

Are these the people you are telling us to try and be like? The people who you claim are thinking out of the box?

Apparently they left the box and went to think on the fields

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
Niflheim:
@whitebeard,

Do u even know the point we are talking about..wait do u they look like sensible people or desperate people..!!

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
JackBizzle:
Cc Ha.hn, f.elixomor, K.ingebukasblog, c.atfishbilly, a.depeter26, tl.uzzie, t.earless et al
Joshthefirst.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by lepasharon(f): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Joshthefirst.

He still a student, amberon too
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by sonofluc1fer: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
Read KingEbukasBlog Comment and had to reread the OP.

oh boy, you sabi read at all?

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Niflheim(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
@whitebeard,

You cannot dribble an "illuminated infidel" in a mangrove swamp filled with "scientific serpents" and "ferocious freethinking fish"!!!

Now answer the question.....................................are these the people you were referring to, who think outside the box?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I am tired of repeating the same thing over and over again . There is no such thing as science vs religion , there's science and religion.

In witchcraft, magic is seen as a law of nature not yet known to contemporary science.

There are so many mysteries in this universe and man has observed just 4 percent of the universe, so what waste are you talking about ?

Some believe science can never unravel the mysteries of this universe, some believe we need more than just science to completely understand life .

Anything to be discussed would be based on mere conjectures .

You are now given the carte blanche to recycle your rebutted arguments .

Bros, calm down na. We need to stop being at each other's throats. We can discuss sensibly.

Now, you said that there are mysteries as we don't even know up to 5% of the universe. That is very true. You are right.

Where you are wrong is that religions still oppose the little 1% that we know as human beings.

For instance, we know that prayer is useless from a scientific point of view. We also know that most miracles are lies. But religion no dey gree.

Furthermore, it is logical that an omnipotent God could be the rules of nature to create miracles. BUT DOES THE SKY DADDY EXIST?

3 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
Niflheim:
@whitebeard,

You cannot dribble an "illuminated infidel" in a mangrove swamp filled with "scientific serpents" and "ferocious freethinking fish"!!!

Now answer the question.....................................are these the people you were referring to, who think outside the box?
let me understand something, are u are scientist.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Niflheim(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
@whitebeard,

What?!!! What has that got to do with anything? Answer the question!!! I agree with you that I am a retard, and I want to learn from your vast wealth of knowledge!!!
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Niflheim:
@whitebeard,

What?!!! What has that got to do with anything? Answer the question!!! I agree with you that I am a retard, and I want to learn from your vast wealth of knowledge!!!
ur intentions are not pure, go back..yes you...if u really desire knowledge, u will get it.

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by realtem(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
Whitebeard, which devil fruit did you eat?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
realtem:
Hahahaha. I think it is the Tami Tami No Mi. grin

Do you follow ONE PIECE? Are you a fan?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
JackBizzle:
This thread is for Christians who are scientists, whether they are doctors, lab assistants, technicians, engineers etc.

HOW DO YOU BALANCE YOUR RELIGION WITH SCIENCE? THIS IS VECAUSE THEY CAN BE POLAR OPPOSITE AT TIMES.

JUST LOOK AT THESE QUESTIONS

1. As a biologist, how do you explain Jesus rising from the dead, when you know that a dead body can't rise again especially after 3 days?

2. Where does Jesus's other set of chromosomes come from if Joseph is not his father (no biological father)

3. As a geologist, wouldn't there be earth or soil under any body of water? Then how could God in genesis claim to have floated over deep waters and created the earth?

4. How do you reconcile pastors healing diseases with no cure? How can someone be healed of Aids, Ebola etc?

5. How can an astrophysicist look at the vast emptiness of outer space and agree that a great omniscient God created such a waste?

I interpret the word "religion" more accurately as faith. How can I balance my faith with science? I don't. My faith and science are not at polar ends.

You should understand once again that science has it's limits, and it doesn't make any intrinsic assumptions about the extra-pyramidal, miraculous, or supernatural. YOU are the one who makes assumptions about the supernatural, science simply seeks to understand and methodologically investigate that within it's grasp, the physical, primarily.

So to your numbers:
1. We know that it is scientifically impossible (meaning current scientific methods have no way to accommodate) for the dead to be raised, but it is not impossible for the source of life to give it again, supernaturally.
2. See number one
3. Genesis says God made the waters recede from the land. Read your Bible well.
4. God, who created the body, has the power to heal diseases we are not capable of healing with our limited medical knowledge right now.
5. How can any man look at the beautiful balance of life's parameters and the intricacies of life itself at all levels and think there is no omniscient God?

I advise you not to make assumptions or be dogmatic or go through life pretending to know it all like an arrogant man, and be open to more knowledge, and seek to find truth, and truth will find you.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Where you are wrong is that religions still oppose the little 1% that we know as human beings.

For instance, we know that prayer is useless from a scientific point of view. We also know that most miracles are lies. But religion no dey gree.

Furthermore, it is logical that an omnipotent God could be the rules of nature to create miracles. BUT DOES THE SKY DADDY EXIST?
prayer has nothing to do with science, prayer is spiritual. It is a supernatural communication, so why do you expect science to have an opinion on it? It is outside of the boundaries of science, so don't be unwise. Science is very limited, even in our bid to understand the physical universe. Man's heart yearns for the spiritual, and the impossible.

Life itself is a miracle. Things like people parading about with an unbelief in transcendence is a miracle.

It is not just logical, but it is necessary, for God to exist.
And telling someone to calm down and still using derogatory remarks like "sky daddy" is foolish of you. It seems you have a very annoying mentality that you are Intrinsically better and smarter than everyone else, and you are right and can never be wrong.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
lepasharon:

He still a student, amberon too
a student of science. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by whitebeard(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
realtem:
can't remember.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.