Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria (43977 Views)

Angry Youths Shut Afam Power Station, Throw Rivers Into Darkness / Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
Aburi001:
Our main problem is ENOUGH Power GENERATION, you can not transmit and distribute what you don't have.

Look at South Africa with over 40,000 MWatts while Nigeria is still struggling to generate 5,000 MWatts

But I think we need to put these numbers in perspective. We have not adequately documented private Genco's output.......so the 5GW may not be absolutely correct.

Meanwhile, Ambode will soon free Lagos from the Grid with the intention to build 3 Power plants with combined capacity of over 2GW
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
erico2k2:

There are 2much politics involved . We know where we ja e gas why not build the place ts arround that area to secure source .

That is EXACTLY what Fashola has been trumpeting since he came on board. Gas Power plant in ND, Coal plant in East, Solar in North, Wind in SW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

Why do you expect him to bring something new to the table when he met myriads of abandoned projects that overfilled the table. Well I won't tell you to recall your sense from the current holiday
Here we go . where in my statement did I refer to your lack of sense even though it's widely evident in your composition

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by lilytender: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
280MW addition to the grid in THREE YEARS.

LMAO! grin grin grin

Fashola is a smello who couldn't fix Ago Palace Way in 8yrs. 280MW in 4yrs is what a province in Beinjin or Tianjin will achieve in 6-months I put that on my ex's life!!

Bloody jokers. I bet they don't even have a viable pipeline or GSPA in place. The Discos are moribund. Ikeja Disco hasn't given anyone power in EIGHT FUCĶING DAYS! And Fashola is forming technocrat in Abuja after leaving a 4km stretch of road for 8yrs because it's not Alimosho or because they are predominantly 5-percenters. But if na to follow nack Matharoo sisters....... undecided

Your brother the ineffectual buffoon called Goatluck Jonaddadft sold our NEPA/PHCN to his gang of thieving friends. In his 8 years at the presidency, he did not add 1MW instead he wasted some of the MW that the senior thief Obasanjo left for him. Now, Buhari (Fashola) is trying to add to the depleted MW, you are here convulsing like an Ogbanje. My friend better go and die.

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Here we go . where in my statement did I refer to your lack of sense even though it's widely evident in your composition

What is wrong in my friendly advise to recall your sense on holiday?
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by ChiefSweetus: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilytender:

Your brother the ineffectual buffoon called Goatluck Jonaddadft sold our NEPA/PHCN to his gang of thieving friends. In his 8 years at the presidency, he did not add 1MW instead he wasted some of the MW that the senior thief Obasanjo left for him. Now, Buhari (Fashola) is trying to add to the depleted MW, you are here convulsing like an Ogbanje. My friend better go and die.
Your ignorant mother die first. Do I look like a political or tribal lackey?? Fùck you. Fùck Jonathan. Fùck Buhari Fashola and Obasanjo. Fùck Nnamdi Kanu. And fùck you again!

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by ChiefSweetus: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
blackpanda:

Negative evil pessimists dont get far in life
And yet I am ahead of you. cool

2 Likes

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nigeria should be talking about generating power in Giga watts....not mega watts

just a pity
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by lilytender: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

Your ignorant mother die first. Do I look like a political or tribal lackey?? Fùck you. Fùck Jonathan. Fùck Buhari Fashola and Obasanjo. Fùck Nnamdi Kanu. And fùck you again!

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nigeria has an installed power generating capacity of close to 10000 MW ,yet we can only distribute vastlu less than 5000 MW. I think the priority should be building more distribution grids and setting up arrangements similar to that of aba geometric in our major cities.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Bottombelle: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Leebeedo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
Always in pictures.......useless country ! I thank God I'm out.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

What is wrong in my friendly advise to recall your sense on holiday?
Thanks my senses never left me if it did I will be suffering the same epileptic power situation in Nigeria with you.

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
eduj:
Nigeria has an installed power generating capacity of close to 10000 MW ,yet we can only distribute vastlu less than 5000 MW. I think the priority should be building more distribution grids and setting up arrangements similar to that of aba geometric in our major cities.
Ten thousand what
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Gourdoinc(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
EVarn:
How do we plan on improving on transmission and distribution?,I think those are the critical issues on ground.
why comtinue on a single transmission ringed network. it is very difficult to achieve anything economically viable that way. what happened to utilizing power close to where they are generated by utilizing micro grid structures. there is no region Nigeria which can't support a form of generation. so why maintain a national transmission grid which is very much susceptible to failures, faults and limited capacity
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Gourdoinc(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Leebeedo:
Always in pictures.......useless country ! I thank God I'm out.
lucky you. many also want to run like you buy haven't seen means. so meanwhile let's keep accepting their mediocrity
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by rildwanullahi(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

LMAO! grin grin grin

Fashola is a smello who couldn't fix Ago Palace Way in 8yrs. 280MW in 4yrs is what a province in Beinjin or Tianjin will achieve in 6-months I put that on my ex's life!!

Bloody jokers. I bet they don't even have a viable pipeline or GSPA in place. The Discos are moribund. Ikeja Disco hasn't given anyone power in EIGHT FUCĶING DAYS! And Fashola is forming technocrat in Abuja after leaving a 4km stretch of road for 8yrs because it's not Alimosho or because they are predominantly 5-percenters. But if na to follow nack Matharoo sisters....... undecided
what did ALIMOSHO do o
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by princeemmma(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
now lets talk about maintenance and distribution, i think we got big issues on that undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by mapet: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Thanks my senses never left me if it did I will be suffering the same epileptic power situation in Nigeria with you.

Oh! you're not in Nigeria at the moment, yet you speak so emphatically and ignorantly..........hmmmnnnn............
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Gourdoinc(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
mapet:

Micro Grid
that's the exact solution to the transmission problem. nobody wants to go there because decentralisation is now tantamount to national disintegration. I wonder why and how technology is treated with tribal and religious tone. micro grids will reduce wastage, encourage alternative energy sources, encourage energy storage and most importantly ensure profitability. yet this isn't something being explored to solve the problems inherent. too bad
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Ten06(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
NobleAngell:
Well, even though we are where we should have been 20years ago, at least we are crawling. Nice one!

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by EVarn(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Alphacom:

I think Generation is the main thing. How will you transmit and distribute what u don"t have.
....And you cant have what you dont transmit and distribute,even if you generate it in gigawatts.
Nigeria has an installed capacity of 10,000MW,yet we are still struggling to wheel out 3000MW,what difference will it make if we install more capacity and still cannot evacuate power?.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by oderinde151(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

LMAO! grin grin grin

bros no vex biko
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Gourdoinc(m): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
princeemmma:
now lets talk about maintenance and distribution, i think we got big issues on that undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
distribution is in shambles because they can always blame transmission and in turn blame gencos who in turn blame citizens and politicians. stop with the so called national grid and see alot of wasted power getting to the distribution sector and they must pick the load, thus this will force them to clean up their house I. order to remain in business. maintenance issues is a Nigerian problem. doubt anything can be done about that
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by udomoh(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hemorrhoids: Dangers, treatments and prevention http://www.nimedhealth.com.ng
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
It's a shameon Nigerian government. How long should we be celebrating mediocrity in this country, when others generation capacity is in hundreds of Gigawatts?

1 Like

Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by princeemmma(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
Gourdoinc:
distribution is in shambles because they can always blame transmission and in turn blame gencos who in turn blame citizens and politicians. stop with the so called national grid and see alot of wasted power getting to the distribution sector and they must pick the load, thus this will force them to clean up their house I. order to remain in business. maintenance issues is a Nigerian problem. doubt anything can be done about that
and also there will be corruption in the distributions, i think the idea is a mess
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by EVarn(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
desiigner:

No, generation first, we are generating energy that is far below our demand.
It is good to generate energy,but it is paramount that the energy gets transmitted and distributed with at least 80% efficiency.
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Gourdoinc(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
princeemmma:
and also there will be corruption in the distributions, i think the idea is a mess
in that scheme of things, no end customer will be direct. infact there will be a law that all customers must be metered. this in turn leans down the profit margin for the discos especially if they aren't performing. it's difficult to do that now when the power isn't readlily available in excess. decentralized transmission will reduce wastage and thus we expect alot of power getting to the discos who must In turn find profitable easy to deliver it to their customers
Re: Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria by Chukwuka16: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Actually, edju is right. Our installed generation capacity is beyond 10000MW, but like was earlier posited, the problem is multi-faced:
1. The location of generation sites was politically motivated (without sense) hence we have a generation site for example in Ondo to be powered by gas from Rivers!
2. Our Transmission network is moribund. Our carrying capacity is around 4500MW.
3. Some peeps have suggested embedded generation (DG) which is nice but then we lack the following:
(i) real time data to quantify adequately the potential of available renewable energy resources in various locations.
(ii) expertise in DG/microgrid setup to cater for its integration, sustainability and economics.
(iii) any workable plan/legal backing that compels government to act to meet some benchmark targets.
4. The growing disconnect between the academia and industry which means that we would always need foreigners to develop and manage our electricity network.
erico2k2:

Ten thousand what

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Akpabio Was Rigged Out — Oshiomhole / Pre-Wedding Picture Of Obidient Couple In Nasarawa / We Voted APC Because Of Unpaid Salaries – Benue Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.