Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2039363 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Newer model 5kva Ipowerpluses get up to 80A, whereas the older models do 60A I believe.

You may need to buy additional equipment for comms between the inverter and battery (add on cards or use ICC running on a Raspberry Pi)

You want to set charge and discharge parameters conservatively so you do not stress the battery.

dejidotun2000:
Hello house, trust we are all doing great.

Does anyone here know the max charging current of the 5KVA, 48V ipowerplus inverter while charging from the mains ?

Also, does it have a dedicated lithium profile ?
I want to use it with a Pylontech UP5000 battery, is there anything I should be worried about ?

Cc : adrusa, niyiomoiyunade and other esteemed members

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Brownsona(m): 7:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
Please, is there anyone selling a 200l solar water heater?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
ineaghe:

Thanks boss. I ordered from him a few days back and he delivered.

Good to know he still sticks with his reliability. I may be needing packs from him in the coming months.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
adrusa:

Tasmota opens a world of possibility with these devices that one can only dream of with the proprietary firmware that came with them. But, it requires some efforts. I went to Tasmota because I wanted to have full local control. Tuya will first send your command to China before routing it back to your device and if there is no internet you may not be able to control your own switches. This was my initial experience, but I haven't touch Tuya or sonoff since 2018 so things might have changed in relation to local control.

The smart plugs, just like most IP cameras, also have option for "AP" connection which is all about connecting the device to your mobile phone directly thru Wi-Fi without going through an intermittent router.

What I'm however not sure of is if the Internet connection on your phone as opposed to the router doing it, will still send your data to China.

Having said that, I'm all for local control without one big brother somewhere spying on my moves, my likes, my choices and what not.

Oshomo12:

Let me quote someone,

"After God created the world, every other things was made in China!

No Canada made panels in our markets.

Savage! cheesy

I don't know where to place it - a compliment to China or a sarcasm to China.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Folks. Concerning the use of this for a 48v system, would it still be appropriate to go 3s, considering that the VoC per panel approaches 50v, making it around 150v.

Save the hybrid systems, most of the available MPPT CCs are capped at 150v max.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
I have 4 sets of flabarely 1yr old i recently noticed a reduced load runtime ,bought a abttery balancer and noticed that i have a runaway battery, with voltages spiking to 15.6v during bulk charging and dropping to 10v on heavy usage.

Is there a way to stop the runaway voltage?... A device or method to theottle down the voltage to that particular battery??

Its the C battery, green graph, you can see it spiked before coming down to normal, i also confirmed with a dmm during bulk charging

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2021
Its a ComCarsm

ceaser:

The smart plugs, just like most IP cameras, also have option for "AP" connection which is all about connecting the device to your mobile phone directly thru Wi-Fi without going through an intermittent router.

What I'm however not sure of is if the Internet connection on your phone as opposed to the router doing it, will still send your data to China.

Having said that, I'm all for local control without one big brother somewhere spying on my moves, my likes, my choices and what not.

Savage! cheesy

I don't know where to place it - a compliment to China or a sarcasm to China.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
DC/AC FST GROUP ceiling fan
75% energy savings compare to AC fan.
price 21000

tbb power 10kva heavy duty servo wall mount stablizer.
price 121k
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Is the fan long arms and your location?
Valto:
DC/AC FST GROUP ceiling fan
75% energy savings compare to AC fan.
price 19500.

tbb power 10kva heavy duty servo wall mount stablizer.
price 121k
whatsapp 080-8541-5985.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Best to go for 2S, Better safe than having a damaged equipment
ceaser:
Folks. Concerning the use of this for a 48v system, would it still be appropriate to go 3s, considering that the VoC per panel approaches 50v, making it around 150v.

Save the hybrid systems, most of the available MPPT CCs are capped at 150v max.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=Oshomo12

I understand your points.

For the sake of our hard earned money committed to this project, we want something that will last for us.

I personally do not like to go for substandard products. I'll rather wait until I get the required fund instead of managing fake things, not even in a case like this which is very dangerous.

Please, let us encourage ourselves here to always go after original products to avoid story that touch.

This is faceless forum which we shouldn't be afraid of anyone by telling others substandard products being advertised here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks.
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You may need to buy additional equipment for comms between the inverter and battery (add on cards or use ICC running on a Raspberry Pi)

You want to set charge and discharge parameters conservatively so you do not stress the battery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
olopan:
Is the fan long arms and your location?
it is long arms. lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:39am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
Best to go for 2S, Better safe than having a damaged equipment

I thought as much. However it will be more revealing if anyone here had had cause to install these types. They will do peeps a lot of favour telling us their experiences and choices of connection.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:16am On Jun 22, 2021
isangjohnson:
[quote author=Oshomo12

I understand your points.

For the sake of our hard earned money committed to this project, we want something that will last for us.

I personally do not like to go for substandard products. I'll rather wait until I get the required fund instead of managing fake things, not even in a case like this which is very dangerous.

Please, let us encourage ourselves here to always go after original products to avoid story that touch.

This is faceless forum which we shouldn't be afraid of anyone by telling others substandard products being advertised here.

My brother hope you are not misinterpreting my massage?
95% panels are made in China. But China too get grades. Buy a known(name) panel, the ones u can get their footprint easily. Eg Trina, Canadian solar Ja-solar, Jinko, Yingli(my new found love, saipro, I hail o), luxen, just to mention a few. I mostly prefer poly for those, mono is very good, but I'll put my money on poly anytime any day(of course my opinion).

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:31am On Jun 22, 2021
Morning my people,
Abeg who owns this setup, link below?

https://www.emoncms.org/dashboard/view&id=42439

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Hello DishTech,

I need your advice.

It seems the PWM SCC is overcharging my batteries.

Whereas the PWM voltage shows 14.2v, but the inverter shows the batteries are at 15.3v. This triggers the Inverter over-voltage shutoff.
The PWM has setting for 3 battery types
BO1 is for flooded battery
BO2 is for Lithium battery
BO3 is for GEL battery.

Note that the inverter has not displayed the correct voltage.

Is there anything I can do while waiting for the arrival of the PowMr MPPT

I have placed order for PowMr 60a
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=Oshomo12

Thanks for your advise.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2021
ojeysky:

You highlighted the fx rate thought you wanted to offer a better rate? Does your shipping rate include custom?

Clearance is excluded o. We can still give slight discount on the fx.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Have informed the interested party, contact will reach out
Valto:
it is long arms. lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2021
Try the BO3,
If it fails and still reads 15.3V
The SCC is gone
You might need to buy a mini one to compensate for the main time
microgiant:
Hello DishTech,

I need your advice.

It seems the PWM SCC is overcharging my batteries.

Whereas the PWM voltage shows 14.2v, but the inverter shows the batteries are at 15.3v. This triggers the Inverter over-voltage shutoff.
The PWM has setting for 3 battery types
BO1 is for flooded battery
BO2 is for Lithium battery
BO3 is for GEL battery.

Note that the inverter has not displayed the correct voltage.

Is there anything I can do while waiting for the arrival of the PowMr MPPT

I have placed order for PowMr 60a
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:43am On Jun 22, 2021
Personally in our design, we mostly consider MPPT range, since most low PV input charge controllers do not consider start-up voltage as most high PV input of hybrid inverter and grid-tie inverters, anything that sits within the MPPT range is fine.

We have had felicity charge controllers a clone of MPP controllers show error of high voltage on very sunny days because a 3s is used but will never or hardly happen when 2S is used on them

Since each installation comes with a unique solution, their is no rule of thumb that apply to all.
ceaser:

I thought as much. However it will be more revealing if anyone here had had cause to install these types. They will do peeps a lot of favour telling us their experiences and choices of connection.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
Try the BO3,
If it fails and still reads 15.3V
The SCC is gone
You might need to buy a mini one to compensate for the main time

Thanks, I will do as you say.

But I have already placed order for PowMr 60a MPPT.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2021
But what type of Battery is it?
microgiant:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OCTAVO: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
Personally in our design, we mostly consider MPPT range, since most low PV input charge controllers do not consider start-up voltage as most high PV input of hybrid inverter and grid-tie inverters, anything that sits within the MPPT range is fine.

We have had felicity charge controllers a clone of MPP controllers show error of high voltage on very sunny days because a 3s is used but will never or hardly happen when 2S is used on them

Since installation comes with a unique solution, their is no rule of thumb that apply to all.
This is true for Felicity mppt, infact I did some pv series connection that totalled about 125v, still got the high voltage error.
So, 100v - 110v is the safest from my experience.

Installation indeed comes with a unique solution.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
But what type of Battery is it?

It is lifepo4.

I paralleled them with 2nos 150W panels connected to the SCC.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2021
microgiant:

Someone had it up for sale in this thread.. Hope you didn't miss that

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2021
The aforementioned should suit the battery
The lithium profile of BO2 is meant for 3.7V x3s of ... Those 18650 type of cell.

And since 3.2-3.6V is LiFePO4 range ... A gel profile fits into it
microgiant:

It is lifepo4.

I paralleled them with 2nos 150W panels connected to the SCC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2021
That must be one of their SCC Bug yet to be fixed.
OCTAVO:

This is true for Felicity mppt, infact I did some pv series connection that totalled about 125v, still got the high voltage error.
So, 100v - 110v is the safest from my experience.

Installation indeed comes with a unique solution.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
The aforementioned should suit the battery
The lithium profile of BO2 is meant for 3.7V x3s of ... Those 18650 type of cell.

And since 3.2-3.6V is LiFePO4 range ... A gel profile fits into it

Ok, boss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2021
olopan:
Have informed the interested party, contact will reach out
ok. note it is PURE AC / DC. it can be plugged to light directly. they dont need ac adapter. it comes with remote and regulator. energy efficient and very low power consumption.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Deluxe8000(m), Justin288, luvlyoracle(m), generalpelu(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.