Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2029025 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (1665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Okay so regarding my electric bike issue and the high cost of lithium battery.

I've decided to get another set of new 5 pieces of 12v 12ah batteries and connect them in parallel to make 12v 60ah.
Meanwhile I have 5 pieces of 12v 12ah installed inside already which makes up a 60v 12ah series connection.

Now my question is if I add another 12v 60ah and join it together with the 60v 12ah I have there before, will the increase to 60v 60 ah or 72v 72ah

I need to know before I burn my scooter brainbox.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by karferguso(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dishtech:

I think the best battery for ebike or any electric vehicle is 18650 lithium batteries. Even telsa uses it because it has higher energy capacity.
480 pieces of 2.6ah of 18650 should give you 59.2v normal voltage and 67.2 at full charge. Which is about 4617.6wh or 4.6kwh.
If you were in Abuja I would have source for the battery and make one for you.
Hello chairman, I want to get a solar inverted installed in my house due. Please can you plug me with reliable suppliers of batteries, panels and inverters in Abuja?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello house.

I have a Must 3kw 24v hybrid inverter (PV1800 3024 VHM) connected to 2 units of 12v SLA batteries.
Been using it for a few days now but noticed that the batteries never charge beyond 27.4v.

For those familiar with this inverter, is this normal behavior?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
Moneyboyz:

I've decided to get another set of new 5 pieces of 12v 12ah batteries and connect them in parallel to make 12v 60ah.
Meanwhile I have 5 pieces of 12v 12ah installed inside already which makes up a 60v 12ah series connection.

Now my question is if I add another 12v 60ah and join it together with the 60v 12ah I have there before, will the increase to 60v 60 ah or 72v 72ah

Lemme get your info straight.

1) You have 5 nos of 12v 12ah batteries which you have been using for a while?

2) You want to get another brand new 5 nos of 12v 12ah battery and connect both the old and new battery in parallel to boost capacity?

Do I have it correct?

If yes, then there are two problems

1) It is not recommended to add old batteries to new batteries. If you do, the old batteries will make the new ones weak due to a lot of factors relating to the battery's age differences.

2) Assuming both batteries can be paralleled without issues, you'll have issues with charging. Assuming it takes 4 hours to charge it full using the old charger the ebike came with, you are now left with a charger that will take 8 hours to fully charge the batteries.

When you connect these two batteries in parallel, the voltage will remain the same and therefore it won't damage the motor controller. Because what you'll have is 60V but @ 120AH (the battery capacity will double with the voltage remaining the same).

Before I forget, someone here offered to build you a new pack using 18650, did you not take him up on the offer or the cost is not something you'll like to work on at the moment?

Because I'm looking at the space, I doubt it could fit in another set of 5nos of 12ah batteries unless you are planning on building an external battery bank.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 9:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Moneyboyz:

You will be better off going the 18650 route
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
mctfopt:

Lemme get your info straight.

1) You have 5 nos of 12v 12ah batteries which you have been using for a while?

2) You want to get another brand new 5 nos of 12v 12ah battery and connect both the old and new battery in parallel to boost capacity?

Do I have it correct?

If yes, then there are two problems

1) It is not recommended to add old batteries to new batteries. If you do, the old batteries will make the new ones weak due to a lot of factors relating to the battery's age differences.

2) Assuming both batteries can be paralleled without issues, you'll have issues with charging. Assuming it takes 4 hours to charge it full using the old charger the ebike came with, you are now left with a charger that will take 8 hours to fully charge the batteries.

When you connect these two batteries in parallel, the voltage will remain the same and therefore it won't damage the motor controller. Because what you'll have is 60V but @ 120AH (the battery capacity will double with the voltage remaining the same).

Before I forget, someone here offered to build you a new pack using 18650, did you not take him up on the offer or the cost is not something you'll like to work on at the moment?

Because I'm looking at the space, I doubt it could fit in another set of 5nos of 12ah batteries unless you are planning on building an external battery bank.

Thank you, the batteries are relatively new, about a month old.

Also I'm connecting in series and Parallel.
A total of 10 12v 12ah battery, 5 connected in series to make 60v 12ah and another 5 connected in parallel to make 12v 60ah (as external)
I have a 60v 5ah charger

I don't know if connecting 60v 12ah to 12v 60ah will give me 60v 60ah or 72v 72 ah

Also the cost of getting the lithium battery custom built is alarming, I have to spend about 400k to get the desired 60v 30 or 40 ah capacity I desire.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Moneyboyz:

A total of 10 12v 12ah battery, 5 connected in series to make 60v 12ah and another 5 connected in parallel to make 12v 60ah (as external)
I have a 60v 5ah charger

I don't know if connecting 60v 12ah to 12v 60ah will give me 60v 60ah or 72v 72 ah

Also the cost of getting the lithium battery custom built is alarming, I have to spend about 400k to get the desired 60v 30 or 40 ah capacity I desire.

You may need to understand the basics of battery connection.

First, you cant connect 60V 12ah (60*12 = 720watthour) in parallel to 12v 60ah (720watt hour). They may be able to store the same energy, but the voltages in parallel MUST be equal. Since 60v is not equal to 12v, you cannot put it in parallel, if you do the 60V system will attempt to charge the 12V. Also you cannot also add this battery in series- your motor is a 60v motor, a 72v may likely burn the controller and/motor.

I'll suggest you get someone who knows about batteries and connections or you may simply Google "Rules Guiding Battery's Series and Parallel Connections".

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Valto:
i can imagine the kind of stress u will go through, just to import 8pcs 280ah cells. i will advise u buy those cells in Nigeria. infact it will be cheaper for you.
I still dey on the matter o, very stressful, but which seller in Nigeria has 280 AH lifepo battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
mctfopt:

Echoing @Valto's point, you may consider buying it in Naija.

USD rates these days is not as favourable as it used it. Also many banks no longer have great monthly USD rate with many stopping in March.

I heard (not sure) Zenith is now 20USD/month.

Access is now ₦550/$

First bank at ₦499.99

I think the only guys with better rate now is GTB @ ₦490/$ and capped at $100/month...so you'll need like 9 cards shocked to pay for your 8 batteries.

Do not consider using air freight, you are better off buying it in Naija especially considering you are buying like 8.

But if you still want to go ahead, consider using sea shipping ETA like 4 months.

Payment has been a big pain for me,all the cards i tried were rejected by Alibaba , the worst after sourcing for USD at the rate of 585-600 Naira to a Dollar i loaded my Domiciliary account with 2500 usd i went to the bank to make wire payment, and the Bank told me i have to get form M for my own money in My account again o i nearly weep for Naija i left the bank in anger, Since Air freight is faster and the people to handle it will handle Custom clearance i settled for that! thanks for the info but do we have dealers in Lifepo batteries where i can go to get the batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
justcallmenuel:
5kw Growatt hybrid inverter (battery_less) available, #540,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461
What is the power consumption of the inverter when not in use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

I have a 60v 5ah charger

Wao, i like this your ebike o. How much will this cost? Is it available here in Nigeria?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justin288: 4:03am On Mar 11, 2022
abilityC:

Payment has been a big pain for me,all the cards i tried were rejected by Alibaba , the worst after sourcing for USD at the rate of 585-600 Naira to a Dollar i loaded my Domiciliary account with 2500 usd i went to the bank to make wire payment, and the Bank told me i have to get form M for my own money in My account again o i nearly weep for Naija i left the bank in anger, Since Air freight is faster and the people to handle it will handle Custom clearance i settled for that! thanks for the info but do we have dealers in Lifepo batteries where i can go to get the batteries?

Request For a USD Atm Card, You then transfer USD from your dorm account to the USD Card with you phone app to spend freely. No limit.
I use this method for Alibaba and aliexpress.
GTB Bank

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 6:41am On Mar 11, 2022
ajabani4allah:

Wao, i like this your ebike o. How much will this cost? Is it available here in Nigeria?

Mine is 450k, the Lithium version ones are around 750k to 1 milla.
I want to sell it, if you don't mind using SLA batteries or plan to upgrade it no prob.

And yes it's available in just 2 places that I know in Lagos, one in Victoria Island and the other in alaba.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

I have a 60v 5ah charger

If I can deduce from your point, you have 10 piece of 12v/ 12ah,
5series 2parallel should be your connection to give you 60v/24ah.
For the 18650, I can build the 60v/40ah for you at a cheap price. All you need to do is send me the details of your batteries space and the maximum voltage of your system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2022
Dishtech:

If I can deduce from your point, you have 10 piece of 12v/ 12ah,
5series 2parallel should be your connection to give you 60v/24ah.
For the 18650, I can build the 60v/40ah for you at a cheap price. All you need to do is send me the details of your batteries space and the maximum voltage of your system.

Oya drop contact.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2022
karferguso:

Hello chairman, I want to get a solar inverted installed in my house due. Please can you plug me with reliable suppliers of batteries, panels and inverters in Abuja?
Chat me up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Oya drop contact.
Zero 8 zero 67652639
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 8:36am On Mar 11, 2022
Justin288:

Request For a USD Atm Card, You then transfer USD from your dorm account to the USD Card with you phone app to spend freely. No limit.
I use this method for Alibaba and aliexpress.
GTB Bank
Yes i requested and got a USD Debit card for my Sterling bank Dom account and Alibaba rejected the card i applied for appeal Alibaba still rejected the Card so im left with the option of Wire transfer, i just opened GTB Dom account i will try their card to see if it works for future purpose.
Now i used wise.com to make the wire transfer and its still in process i hope it is successful though

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2022
abilityC:
Yes i requested and got a USD Debit card for my Sterling bank Dom account and Alibaba rejected the card i applied for appeal Alibaba still rejected the Card so im left with the option of Wire transfer, i just opened GTB Dom account i will try their card to see if it works for future purpose.
Now i used wise.com to make the wire transfer and its still in process i hope it is successful though
your mind seem made up sha. this will be the most expensive 24v 280ah DIY bank. the total final cost no go be here. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2022
Valto:
your mind seem made up sha. this will be the most expensive 24v 280ah DIY bank. the total final cost no go be here. cheesy

At least he will not get crap cells cheesy
I spent huge amount on my 8s 202ah Cells, I am enjoying the benefits, Peace of mind..

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

wrongest move ever!!!!.
lead acid batteries are big and bulky...the extra weight will inturn consume more battery energy...and you would be only a lil better than you were b4.

2ndly..the new battery pack should hv mimicked the original batt pack..put then in series to give you 60v 12ah as the original...then connect both packs in series. any other thing u do apart from this....you risk serious damage to your person and or bike.

come o...for you to be considering this wrong connection, shows that you need to do more studying of battery connections, DIY dey sweet if backed with knowledge..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:25am On Mar 11, 2022
abilityC:

do card payment....its not affected by form m. abi you didn't request for card for your dom acct?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
Who sell Solar accessories... Breakers, SDP.... etc. Mention me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
ojeysky:
I have got 2 brand new BMV 712 with temp sensor for grabs. 125k each

Q/A
Is this the victron BMV 712 with Bluetooth features?
Yes
Is the price negotiable?
No price is firm Sir/Ma
Does the price include shipping?
No it doesn't, but I can waybill to any part of the country at buyer's cost.

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Mine is 450k, the Lithium version ones are around 750k to 1 milla.
I want to sell it, if you don't mind using SLA batteries or plan to upgrade it no prob.

And yes it's available in just 2 places that I know in Lagos, one in Victoria Island and the other in alaba.

Ok, I will prefer the new lithium version type, thought i am not getting it now just wanted to find out it's availability here in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
Barely used tbb 24v 0.8kva inverter for sale, want to upgrade to 2kva. Works great
Price is 65k. Lithium battery charging compatible

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Valto:
Lol if i hear
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
earthrealm:

do card payment....its not affected by form m. abi you didn't request for card for your dom acct?
Alibaba is rejecting my card transactions i have the dollar card it works on other platforms except Alibaba, i will try Gtbank Dollar card in future....

hooray my wire transfer is now successful i just saw the mail "Your Trade Assurance order 13xxxxxxxxxxx initial payment has been received"
Now im waiting for shipping
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vicobaba123: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good product
Enrythesis:
Magnum inverter for sale in Benin city zero eight zero 2703810 four
The MS-PE Series Inverter/Charger from Sensata Technologies is a 230 VAC / 50 Hz, pure sine wave inverter designed specifically for the most demanding renewable energy applications. The MS-PE Series is powerful, easy-to-use, and best of all, cost effective. Parallel stacking: You can parallel up to four inverter/chargers for up to 17.2kw of power at 230V. The ME-ARTR Router is required for parallel stacking the MS-PE Series. Power Factor Corrected (PFC) Charger: Our PFC charger is built into all of our inverter chargers. It uses less energy from a generator than a standard charger – using 25-30% less AC current than standard chargers. Safe and reliable: The MS-PE Series is listed to the stringent requirements of CE for renewable energy installations.

Output Power 4,300W
Peak Watts 7,500W
Warranty Two years
Output Voltage 230 VAC
Output Current 18.7 amps
Output Waveform Pure Sine
Output Frequency 50 Hz
Input Voltage 48
Operating Temp -20° C to +60° C (-4° F to 140° F)
Efficiency 91%
Weight 25.0 kg (55 lb)
Dimensions 38.1 cm x 16.5 cm x 12.7 cm (15.0” x 6.5” x 5.0”)
UL Certified No
Phase Single
Topology Low Frequency
Input Battery Voltage Range 36 - 64

Price 1.2m negotiable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
abilityC:
Alibaba is rejecting my card transactions i have the dollar card it works on other platforms except Alibaba, i will try Gtbank Dollar card in future....

hooray my wire transfer is now successful i just saw the mail "Your Trade Assurance order 13xxxxxxxxxxx initial payment has been received"
Now im waiting for shipping

Congratulations, Keep us updated on the Shipping..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Dam5reey:

Congratulations, Keep us updated on the Shipping..
Thanks, sure i will, what inverter do you use with your 24v 8s setup? and how good has it been for you?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
Na that 504 go sure pass o. lol
cluewebhost:

504's and Volkswagen beetles probably because the wires in cars these days eh

(1) (2) (3) ... (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) ... (1665) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Queed, gifted65 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.