Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042428 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
MJ01:

Contact details?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
NpvnStar:
Darediamond and all other Ogas on this space.

Abeg All I need is links from either AliExpress or Alibaba that's worked for you.

Just give me an inverter setup with Batteries for 800W load.

Abeg �
I hate giving Fish.
I prefer making you a Fisher Man with a Difference!

Never buy any how inverter. Buy Modern PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER alone. Inverter painted in Blue and Black are most times Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Never buy Amperage Hog inverter that uses low frequency transformer(60hz/50hz) for dc to ac conversion.

The Heart and Back Bone Of Solar Gen Set is the Solar Panel not Inverter nor The Controller of any type.

Buy only MPPT controller alone and if you can Not afford Lithium Titanate Oxide Battery, Go for Lithium Phosphate or Worse Lithium Polymer.

** NEVER YOU BUY Lithium Ion Battery nor SLA or sealed lead acid battery oo. ** Never!!
Always use Thick Gauge, Insulated Pure Copper wire for your battery charging and Battery discharging.

For your 800W load, if you intend to simultaneously charge your batteries and still have enough power to power your intended devices,

Get at least 10 pieces of 200Watt Solar Panels
Get one peace of 24Volt 200AmpHour Lithium Phosphate Battery Pack
Get 150Amp Variable Voltage MPPT Solar Controller
Get one 4 Kilowatts Non-Transformerlles Pure Sine Wave Inverter or better still one 4KILOWATT Pure Sine Wave Hybrid Inverter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
IYGEAL:
SMK 24V 3KW HYBRID INVERTER FOR SALE

Specs: (see also the attached photo)

24V DC (compatible with lithium batteries)

3.5KVA output power

4000Watts MPPT Charge Controller

Adjustable charging parameters

120 - 500 High MPPT Voltage Range

100A AC charging current

Price: N180,000

Available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2022
darediamond:

I hate giving Fish.

Never buy any how inverter. Buy Modern PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER alone. Inverter painted in Blue and Black are most times Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Never buy Amperage Hog inverter that uses low frequency transformer(60hz/50hz) for dc to ac conversion.

The Heart and Back Bone Of Solar Gen Set is the Solar Panel not Inverter nor The Controller of any type.

Buy only MPPT controller alone and if you can Not afford Lithium Titanate Oxide Battery, Go for Lithium Phosphate or Worse Lithium Polymer.

** NEVER YOU BUY Lithium Ion Battery nor SLA or sealed lead acid battery oo. ** Never!!
Always use Thick Gauge, Insulated Pure Copper wire for your battery charging and Battery discharging.

For your 800W load, if you intend to simultaneously charge your batteries and still have enough power to power your intended devices,

Get one 4 Kilowatts Non-Transformerlles Pure Sine Wave Inverter or better still one 4KILOWATT Pure Sine Wave Hybrid Inverter.
Most of what you wrote here are very wrong

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:15am On Apr 30, 2022
darediamond:

I hate giving Fish.

Thanks boss, After reading this information I became a Fisher Man..

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:50am On Apr 30, 2022
darediamond:

I hate giving Fish.

Oga @darediamond, some of the points you highlighted above are confusing ooo. On the lithium ion battery and the transformerless inverter you didn't give us reason why we should run away from them. I have always own the view that both lithium ion and Lithium phosphate are close and there are only little differences in their performance and each has it's pros and cons. Also, i believe that transformerless inverter is the best. If you can do justice to this points above i will appreciate. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2022
Just checked out all the points you stated and did some findings and got this.
1. 150A charge controller is not recommended for 2000W panel array(unless in places where the sun is not shiny)
2. Lithium Titanate Oxide Battery are really 100% discharge efficiency but are expensive (2-3x the price of Lifepo4 cells which offers 98-99% discharge).

darediamond:

I hate giving Fish.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2022
Im trying to setup a 12v system and I'll like opinions on these
BMS - JBD or daly
Setup - Hybrid or normal inverter
Lightning protection - how much does it cost to install a lightning arrestor or is there a cheaper option
Hybrid inverter - how good are Felicity or powmr hybrid inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MJ01: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2022
uniqUN:

Oh wow. I wish you had mentioned it earlier. I already ordered for it. Nevertheless, since you recommend him, I might still get to buy something from him moving forward. Thanks for the reply.

Kindly share purchase link

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good afternoon guys

Please is there any recommendations for Good earthing, Dc surge/spike protector and Dc breaker to protect against lightening and thunderstorm..

Last week thunderstorm/lightening destroyed most of my appliance including stabilizers and inverter despite no electricity from Nepa.

Please help a brother
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
sensisosu:
Good afternoon guys

Please is there any recommendations for Good earthing, Dc surge/spike protector and Dc breaker to protect against lightening and thunderstorm..

Last week thunderstorm/lightening destroyed most of my appliance including stabilizers and inverter despite no electricity from Nepa.

Please help a brother

Do you have a panels as well? I lost some equipment 2 weeks ago to lightening
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2022
For BMS, i'd suggest you check previous page so you can make your decision as you fit

You can try out hybrid inverter, as you will do away with idle consumption of transformers

Could go as high as 150 - 400k depending on materials on professional experience of who is installing for you

NO idea, not used by our team, but many members are sure to be of help.

Jefferyzz:
Im trying to setup a 12v system and I'll like opinions on these
BMS - JBD or daly
Setup - Hybrid or normal inverter
Lightning protection - how much does it cost to install a lightning arrestor or is there a cheaper option
Hybrid inverter - how good are Felicity or powmr hybrid inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Sorry to hear about your loss, if it wasn't a direct strike then it must have been a case of Electro Magnectic Induction EMI in the cables of the grid or in the cable link to exterior part of your property e.g. DSTV et. cetera

Guess it time you take some certain precautious

1. Installation of a Type 1 SPD on the incoming i.e. around your meters side 4pole or 2pole depending on how many phase installed on your property and also a type 2 SPD installed in your Distribution board DB and lastly to be 100% safe you can get type 3 SPD i.e. plug types or appliances types ...... FEEO 275V - Low budget & Midnight 300V - Moderate budget

2. IF you have solar installed, Grounding and installing a DC SPD is needed too, with circuit breaker incorporated along the line of installations

3. your inverter too should have an SPD further down the line on its incoming "SPD listed above"

4. A need for your earth cable in DB to be increased to 10 - 16mm cable size

5. The earthing of your property reassessed and evaluated - if need for correction

6. Installation of a ligthning arrestor on your property, traditional trident types or the INDELEC types if need be.

My team and i will love to preferred professional advice & service, if inclined to have a future occurrence fixed.
sensisosu:
Good afternoon guys

Please help a brother

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
Can I have your number or WhatsApp to connect on the below suggestions

olopan:
Sorry to hear about your loss, if it wasn't a direct strike then it must have been a case of Electro Magnectic Induction EMI in the cables of the grid or in the cable link to exterior part of your property e.g. DSTV et. cetera

Guess it time you take some certain precautious

1. Installation of a Type 1 SPD on the incoming i.e. around your meters side 4pole or 2pole depending on how many phase installed on your property and also a type 2 SPD installed in your Distribution board DB and lastly to be 100% safe you can get type 3 SPD i.e. plug types or appliances types ...... FEEO 275V - Low budget & Midnight 300V - Moderate budget

2. IF you have solar installed, Grounding and installing a DC SPD is needed too, with circuit breaker incorporated along the line of installations

3. your inverter too should have an SPD further down the line on its incoming "SPD listed above"

4. A need for your earth cable in DB to be increased to 10 - 16mm cable size

5. The earthing of your property reassessed and evaluated - if need for correction

6. Installation of a ligthning arrestor on your property, traditional trident types or the INDELEC types if need be.

My team and i will love to preferred professional advice & service, if inclined to have a future occurrence fixed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by taiwooguns33(m): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2022
Pls can dis charger truly charge lithium battery because it has switch for lithium battery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
My Oga.

I remain ever loyal o.

I read everything with a smile.

Good to have you back.

duwdu:

Oga Niyi;

This your post, singlehandedly, woke me up from a ~ 18-month(?) slumber of not logging into NL... The post has "forced" me to log in again, just to give my 2 Kobo on the JK BMS! Thanks for outing it here in your usual fat-free writing style. (It's my loss anyway when I sleep on this thread. Ha.)

So guys, my own JK BMS (JK-B2A24S15P) has been flawless. All Oga Niyi wrote about the BMS is factually correct in real life and balanced, so I can add only so much. I may end up fleshing out some points, though.

To start with, the build quality of this thing is superb... what with an all metal, sleek design. It just reels premium.

The idiot proof design of its firmware cum input settings and operations paradigm, is literally a [battery] life saver. For example, the unit automatically estimates and displays the resistance across each balance wire, in real time. In the process, it picks out and highlights any potentially disruptive — even dangerous — resistances across any balance wire and stops further operations, until the danger that threw up the symptom, is sorted.

For those of us who haven't already picked out where this is going, unusual resistance across a balance wire is a sign of trouble for the battery pack as a whole. Among other things, this symptom could mean that the sequential connection of the balance wire is wrong, or it has poor connections, or internal break(s) or is otherwise bad.

Thing is, these resistances are relatively tiny and could be easily missed even during due diligence while building a pack. So, for a BMS to not only estimate and display but actually act on them in real time or at anytime the BMS is on to help avert danger, is a big plus, IMO. It's certainly not a common feature in the top BMSes I know of.

Further as Oga Niyi touched on, the active balancing function in a JK is awesome in its effectiveness and is a joy to behold in operation. Of course it's almost lossless.

Now, some of our folks may say, "but active balancing — lossy or near lossless — is not altogether advantageous to the pack, since it would work all through the charging AND discharging range?" It's nice to be able to state here that on the JK, one can set the point (in the charging/discharging voltage range of the pack,) where balancing commences/stops.

And for me, the design of the passive white-green and active red-blue letterings on a dark background as shown on the UI, is very soothing. The only other interface design that is more so for me, is the shades of blue and gray on Victron Energy gear.

I can't afford those VE gears — not brand new or yet, anyways.

But why would Oga Niyi hold all the aces nau? grin

Of course there are quarks and a learning curve to using the JK in all it's glory. For me, it's all been worth it, and I'll purchase some more.

Sorry for the wordy epistle, my friends, and many thanks to all for the thread!

--------
P34c3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
yes, 08057732901.

sensisosu:
Can I have your number or WhatsApp to connect on the below suggestions

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
Fapemz:

I assemble lithium battery as powerbank for laptop and inverter battery for homes and the customer review are amazing to say the least.

How much does it cost to set it up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2022
tsiriman:

Thank you for your response, I communicated with them but my only issue is that they said I have to handle the custom duties and clearance.
They quoted $730 for 1CBM sea shipping but that I still have to clear by myself. I would have gone with the price if it included up till delivery.
Currently discussing with them and other suppliers to see if they will ship including clearing and customs duty.
I just chatted with them and was quoted 612.9USD for CIF shipping cost alone without clearing at the port, which is still quite expensive but could be as a result of the global supply chain issues affecting worldwide shipping...

Also they said 80pcs EVE 280ah can fit 1CBM which is quite cool for the business side....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
Abeg o, does stabilizers work with inverters?

What I mean is, my inverter system is connected to my mains and supplies light to the whole house. Now, I connected my stabilizer to the TV section of my living room with the intention of connecting the TV to it, but the stabilizer stays on Delaying status for a long time. It never comes on on inverter. But once I switch to nepa, the stabilizer comes on fully in 3 seconds. I am yet to test it with generator though.

But what could be happening?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FutureFocus: 6:31am On May 01, 2022
odimbannamdi:

What I mean is, my inverter system is connected to my mains and supplies light to the whole house. Now, I connected my stabilizer to the TV section of my living room with the intention of connecting the TV to it, but the stabilizer stays on Delaying status for a long time. It never comes on on inverter. But once I switch to nepa, the stabilizer comes on fully in 3 seconds. I am yet to test it with generator though.

Original Tv guard is what you need , not a stabilizer, Mr Know it all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by uniqUN(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2022
MJ01:

Kindly share purchase link

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrm702I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oliyeniun: 7:21am On May 01, 2022
Good morning house. Happy new month to all.
Please I would like to purchase batteries for my aged parents and wondering which of these will give me longer years of use among:
- quanta
- monbat
- index nft

It is basically for powering a 55' LCD tv, two fans and five 5watt bulbs. Currently have a 750W solar panel array + 1.5kw schneider hybrid inverter. Looking to add one more 250watt panel plus MPPT for faster charging (there is a limit on the array of panels for the hybrid inverter).

Please kindly give user experience on any of these and suggest appropriate one. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Don't connect your stabilizer to your inverter output as it will be an extra load, the inverter's ac output is already stabilized. You connect your stabilizer to your inverter's input, make sure your stabilizer is big enough to support your total load.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:42am On May 01, 2022
odimbannamdi:

You don't place stabilizer after the inverter, it will see the stabilizer has a load, the best scenario get a general stabilizer for the whole house . Plug to the mains before the inverter. You are protecting your house hold electronics including your inverter from Nepa wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2022
Penuelseun:
Don't connect your stabilizer to your inverter output as it will be an extra load, the inverter's ac output is already stabilized. You connect your stabilizer to your inverter's input, make sure your stabilizer is big enough to support your total load.

I see! Thanks for the enlightenment. Watched a YouTube video that advised same thing too. We learn everyday. Thanks, Oga Seun
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2022
samnaija:

You don't place stabilizer after the inverter, it will see the stabilizer has a load, the best scenario get a general stabilizer for the whole house . Plug to the mains before the inverter. You are protecting your house hold electronics including your inverter from Nepa wahala.

I agree. Just confirmed so from YouTube. The voltage of our light here is quite low, so I am always on inverter even when there is nepa light. Will consider getting a central stabilizer for the whole house because of the low voltage. Thanks Sam.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FutureFocus: 9:15am On May 01, 2022
odimbannamdi:

This bitter fellow, who told you I don't have a TV guard or, at least, something close to it. Practice what you preach and mind your business so that you will live long and avoid being a cry-baby all over Nairaland...lol
Ain’t no your bitter fellow, You need to find your fellow in bitterness not me.

What? you brought a matter on a public forum and I advised you but get insulted over it? Solar system itself have its own power regulator, stabilizer too and TV Guard, do you also know the amount of power a big stabilizer will drain from the solar battery? It’s effect on your battery? And you are they one that use to counsel people on solar inverter on social media, this says a lot about your personality but it’s okay, keep insulting me.
Enjoy your weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:46am On May 01, 2022
sensisosu:
Good afternoon guys

Please help a brother

This thread may give you some ideas

https://www.nairaland.com/2316228/importance-proper-earthing-bonding-system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:08am On May 01, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:15am On May 01, 2022
abilityC:
I just chatted with them and was quoted 612.9USD for CIF shipping cost alone without clearing at the port, which is still quite expensive but could be as a result of the global supply chain issues affecting worldwide shipping...

Also they said 80pcs EVE 280ah can fit 1CBM which is quite cool for the business side....

Regarding the emboldened; most shippers have a CBM rate that they will charge you even though your items are not up to that. Find out what this minimum rate is from your shipper, then use this link (https://youtu.be/8U--6nASgDOsc) to calculate how many of your items will fill up this minimum CBM. Having this information will help you decide whether you should let go of the extra space or maximize it buying more of your items.

PS: Remove the double hyphens in the link to validate it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m), genius43(m), brightk(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.