Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042459 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olorunthobby(f): 7:42am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=FireTheSun post=112874210]

Watched the Auxano/BOI Video.
I must say l am thrilled that we have started from 'somewhere', guys lik that need all the encouragement they can get, to go "Automated".

Having said that, l must also point out that there is a difference between Assembling Solar Panels and Manufacturing Solar Panels.
What l see in that Video is a Company into "Assembling Solar Panels".
I did not see anywhere they Manufactured the Solar Cells, which is the backbone of a Solar Panel, they imported the Cells and then began to put them together.

But it is a good start, Rome was not built in a day.
With a good enabling environment, Govt can use its Diplomatic leverage to "buy Technology" from the Chinese/Russian/Asian Govts in a BOT arrangement, for our Entrepreneurs.

The Europeans and Americans wont sell such technology to us, they prefer we are always in a begging position, so they can continue to arm-twist us into submission. grin[/quote

PLEASE WHERE CAN ONE LEARN SOLAR TECHNOLOGY IN LAGOS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olorunthobby(f): 7:43am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=FireTheSun post=112874210]

Watched the Auxano/BOI Video.
I must say l am thrilled that we have started from 'somewhere', guys lik that need all the encouragement they can get, to go "Automated".

Having said that, l must also point out that there is a difference between Assembling Solar Panels and Manufacturing Solar Panels.
What l see in that Video is a Company into "Assembling Solar Panels".
I did not see anywhere they Manufactured the Solar Cells, which is the backbone of a Solar Panel, they imported the Cells and then began to put them together.

But it is a good start, Rome was not built in a day.
With a good enabling environment, Govt can use its Diplomatic leverage to "buy Technology" from the Chinese/Russian/Asian Govts in a BOT arrangement, for our Entrepreneurs.

The Europeans and Americans wont sell such technology to us, they prefer we are always in a begging position, so they can continue to arm-twist us into submission. grin[/quote

PLEASE WHERE CAN ONE LEARN SOLAR TECHNOLOGY IN LAGOS?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Godliftedme: 9:57am On May 17, 2022
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:59am On May 17, 2022
Available now

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 285k

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 125k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 200k(Limited
stock)

Must 60a mppt charge controller - 95k

Must 100a mppt charge controller - 135k ( limited quantity)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2022
ceaser:

Maybe I should ask you this: Were the MC4 connectors of your panels left intact by the installer or they were cut off? This is important especially as you said it is a new installation that has worked for only three days.

In instances as where the MC4s are removed, the twisted panel wires often form an arc at the junction of the panel wires and the wire running the rest of the way to the CC. With the arc formed at the junction, a voltmeter may even show normal panel output voltage when measured at the point of entry to the CC. However the current required from the panels will be low or non-existent as shown by the CC.

Thanks for the insight, the wire was cut off and joined den covered with aa tape, if it was the arc formed causing the low voltage what's the possible solution sir?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Godliftedme: 2:55pm On May 17, 2022
Good day,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2022
brightk:

does it mean removing mc4 connectors harms the current the pv is generating? please i need more clarification on this.. sometimes this mc4 connectors do not make good contacts

Seriously, who sold you this line? To connect solar panels properly, use the MC4 connectors abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 4:31pm On May 17, 2022
Oshomo12:

Seriously, who sold you this line? To connect solar panels properly, use the MC4 connectors abeg!
shuuu... it is well with me oooo.. maybe na substandard panel naim cos an
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 4:53pm On May 17, 2022
olorunthobby:
PLEASE WHERE CAN ONE LEARN SOLAR TECHNOLOGY IN LAGOS?

There is this company where l bought my Solar Panels and Inverter, they offer training.
Give them a Ring and see if you can work things out.

Gennex Technologies in Lekki

https://academy.gennextechnologies.com/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 5:01pm On May 17, 2022
Godliftedme:
Good day,
Does any of the supplier has this 350W panel in stock? How much is it, where is this available (Lagos preferred)

The same Company l mentioned above, (Gennex technologies, Lekki, Lagos), sold my Panels to me and they were ORIGINAL Canadian Solar, not the 'Put Sticker' types you get in that market over there. undecided undecided

Browse their website and see if you see what you like there. I saw a 375W Canadian Solar on their website,

https://shop.gennextechnologies.com/product-category/solar-panels/

Caveat: I am a DIY User, not an Installer/Supplier

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olorunthobby(f): 6:02pm On May 17, 2022
FireTheSun:

There is this company where l bought my Solar Panels and Inverter, they offer training.
Give them a Ring and see if you can work things out.

Gennex Technologies in Lekki

https://academy.gennextechnologies.com/

OKAY I WILL. THANK YOU
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OkoroPeugeot(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2022
330W how much?

justcallmenuel:
Just Offloaded!

200w
250w
300w
330w

All European used panels (fairly used)

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:18pm On May 17, 2022
brightk:

does it mean removing mc4 connectors harms the current the pv is generating? please i need more clarification on this.. sometimes this mc4 connectors do not make good contacts

@bolded is quite untrue.

The MC4s are designed to ensure perfect and fit contact with themselves. They are weatherproof and designed to last the lifetime of the panel. They are also rated to handle the current that flows from the panels. That is why arcing is quite uncommon at their points of contacts when used in installation, whereas the naked wires (after the MC4s are decapitated) will form arcs when huge current passes across the twist junction. This gradually weakens the joint and eventually the joint burns out, disrupting flow from the panels down to the CC, hence your voltmeter may give correct voltage reading at the termination on the CC, but no current will be detected by the CC. The naked wires too (even with black tape insulation used), are prone to oxidation as they get exposed to the elements.

So if the problem of arcing does not occur soon, oxidation will definitely come along later. The wire develops depositions, the strands become brittle and break off easily. You don't want to have this kind of problem if your panels are roof mounted where they are not within easy reach.

Hollawayn05:

Thanks for the insight, the wire was cut off and joined den covered with aa tape, if it was the arc formed causing the low voltage what's the possible solution sir?

I guessed as much.

If your panels are roof mounted, sorry you will have to climb back on the roof. If it is a weak joint, twist the wires well. If it is an arc joint (with dark burnt junction and melted insulation), then you have to cut off the bad section and make another twist. After the correction, check back on the CC to see if its charging.

But I can assure you that the problem will likely repeat itself later on as it has to do with the junction not being optimal for the current coming from the panel.

So your best bet, which I implore you to do, is to purchase MC4s and rẹ-fit back to the panel wires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:00pm On May 17, 2022
OkoroPeugeot:
330W how much?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2022
Godliftedme:
Good day,
Does any of the supplier has this 350W panel in stock? How much is it, where is this available (Lagos preferred)
buy original 360w real capacity mono solar panel from yingli office in ikeja or alaba. it is less than 75k. 280w is around 57k. their panels are real capacity.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

182k will buy u:
Off grid inverter 34k via AliExpress
LifePO4 (12v 4psc, 37k x 4 = 148k )
PowMr cc = 47k from AE
Use d balance for Panels, charger,etc

It is just a 12v.

Probably ur tv will be 120w
Use 5w akt bulbs × 9 = 45w
Get rechargeable fans with 4 to 8 speeds version to allow for low to big watt. Max is 42w
Low setting will give u 15w give or take.

Remove d fridge for now and get ursef considerable amount of hours of energy.

Probably run only d mini fridge on a sunny day alone.

Run ur loads according to ur pocket as u don't need to break a bank to power ur appliances. Manage ur load like the way u manage ur salary b4 the next pay.

Dont compare ursef with some big boys in d house who will look at the above set up as nothing.

Bsideangel, I sell the Powmr CC for 55k and you can get it in less than 12hours if you stay in Lagos. I am helping you save the AE lead time, the uncertainty and, of course, the extra expense if you source dollars at black market rate.

You can thank me later... wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2022
ceaser:

Na wa o.

How do you even burn dry wood in an airtight container, hehn?! How will the fire burn? Even with fuel mixtures, oxygen is still needed for fire to burn.

See, I think you're trying to pass information across, but the way you are going about it is very nondescript. You don't even make effort to make detailed and convincing explanation and in easy to follow patterns. The way you jump from one discussion to another makes your depositions too abstract, uninteresting and non-catchy reads.

I don't mean to come across as confrontational o before you now reply me with diatribes, that will even be difficult for me to read smoothly sef.
Does Natural Coal Get Formed In An Open Surface?
How come you expect to get quality man-made coal from burning wood in Air?

See, my directions are meant for individuals who are ready to GET THERE HANDS DIRTY LIKE I'M DOING MYSELF TO KEEP DISCOVERING SERIES OF WONDERS.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, YOU ASK QUESTIONS not that you become [b]unnecessarily arrogant [/b]at the person providing you with his or her own discovery.

Have you even tried what I explained on how to get the said effect at all?

Come on!!!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chloride6: 10:43pm On May 17, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

Bros wood will burn without oxygen.
I dont know him but i will make research if someone told me that 2+1 is 4.

The confusion is coming from the term "burn"..

Not all fire and heat is "burning"

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 10:53pm On May 17, 2022
chloride6:

The confusion is coming from the term "burn"..

Not all fire and heat is "burning"
True.
But now settled.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2022
Hello, Good evening House! Please is there a reason why an inverter would decide not to come on?
My inverter (Mercury MSW) no gree on to charge my ba3.
My ba3 is actually low; could that be an issue?

Looking forward to any response abeg.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 4:53am On May 18, 2022
Valto:
buy original 360w real capacity mono solar panel from yingli office in ikeja or alaba. it is less than 75k. 280w is around 57k. their panels are real capacity.

Do you please have a phone number for a contact person at yingli ikeja?

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:28am On May 18, 2022
FLASH SALE!

EP30 pro 1000w 12v pure sine wave power inverter.

Sparingly used.. Tamper sticker still intact on inverter casing

Features:
-Pure sine wave output
-AC/Battery priority switch
-Auto generator start
-Adjustable charge setting
-Inbuilt pure copper transformer
-Capable of starting 1hp electric motor
-Low battery disconnect
-50/60 Hertz auto sense

FIRM PRICE: N80,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

SOLD!!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:05am On May 18, 2022
truthbetold22:

Do you please have a phone number for a contact person at yingli ikeja?
yes, whatsapp me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2022
islamics:
Hello, Good evening House! Please is there a reason why an inverter would decide not to come on?
My inverter (Mercury MSW) no gree on to charge my ba3.
My ba3 is actually low; could that be an issue?

Looking forward to any response abeg.

Could. Be.
However disconnect 1 batt terminal from inverter for 90secs and reconnect...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2022
600w foresolar solar panels available, #120,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2022
Installation of 8 quanta batteries and 7.5kva felicity hybrid inverter successfully done at Maryland, Lagos state.

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2022
Installation of 10kwh felicity lithium battery and 5kw Growatt hybrid inverter done at Lekki.

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2022
200w sun field floodlight available, #41,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2022
darediamond:
Does Natural Coal Get Formed In An Open Surface?
How come you expect to get quality man-made coal from burning wood in Air?

See, my directions are meant for individuals who are ready to GET THERE HANDS DIRTY LIKE I'M DOING MYSELF TO KEEP DISCOVERING SERIES OF WONDERS.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, YOU ASK QUESTIONS not that you become [b]unnecessarily arrogant [/b]at the person providing you with his or her own discovery.

Have you even tried what I explained on how to get the said effect at all?

Come on!!!

cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 1:54pm On May 18, 2022
earthrealm:

Could. Be.
However disconnect 1 batt terminal from inverter for 90secs and reconnect...
Thanks for the reply. I did exactly like that but it didn't work.
I just took it for repair and realized most of the capacitor responsible for the charging were burnt. I didn't connect the stuff via stabilizer.
Na fixing level now though repairman say chance of it working well na 50/50.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2022
Has anyone used africells solar modules here. if yes are they reliable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: omonla5, ojesymsym and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.