Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2041182 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (1677) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2022
bbally:

please how did you went through with the battery purchase in line with the dollar transaction restrictions from bank. I will need your help to order. my contact 070-delete am
I posted everything i did check previous post.. Simply put Wise.com was the solution, but i noticed recently Barter usd cards stopped working on wise but works at other places, But you could always top up your wise account using p2p, then make wire transfer from wise to the seller...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:29am On Jul 13, 2022
Tommynaku:

Please how much was the shipping of the inverter to Nigeria. Was there any custom duty paid? I intend making an order either on Aliexpress or Alibaba for a 48v 3.5kva inverter. I really need help from anyone that recently made a purchase from either of these platform
cost was 5.5 kw 48v (USD 395.0000 + USD 165.00 express shipping) USD 560.00 total, i was told by Fedex to pay 15k for custom duty before it could be sent to my house which i did sharp sharp! And it was delivered to my doorstep
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2022
chris81964:
It is going down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn9QC_ott4k
This is beautiful.. una d give me hope o

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2022
FEGEITOK:

But this year, things changed.

Alternative power supply is no longer a luxury but a necessity.

I don't want to talk about the fact that buying fuel in jerrycans at petrol stations is now considered a crime but buying the same fuel in jerrycans from black market suppliers on the street is legal activity.

I swear this thing really pained me, me with my money to buy fuel dem come d do me yeye i nearly fight with the filling station attendant and manager that day...
I really wish Solar got more cheaper so more people can afford it...

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Any opinion on this cc before I buy it
Jefferyzz:
Yh. I'm planning on getting this. Which charger controller under 100k that can handle 130vdc do you recommend.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2022
HOUSE!
I de find inverter pressing iron ohhh or anyone with about 200w to 300w for home use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tommynaku: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thank you. Please what brand of inverter and can you post the link so Ican review and see if i will go for it
abilityC:
cost was 5.5 kw 48v (USD 395.0000 + USD 165.00 express shipping) USD 560.00 total, i was told by Fedex to pay 15k for custom duty before it could be sent to my house which i did sharp sharp! And it was delivered to my doorstep
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
Any opinion on this charge controller pls

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
[quote author=Valto

This doesn't show maturity on your side at all.
I had a discussion privately with you and you came down here and deleted your post.
This is not the attitude of a real business man who always wants to make his customers happy.
I'm highly disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Hi. My inverter doesn't charge my 200a 12v Lifepo4 battery efficiently. In the manual it states it's has 80a solar charger and pv input is 90-450vdc. My pv input is mostly between 126vdc to 131. The inverter at times will just stop charging and will b blinking the panel symbol.. inside hot sun at times my bms shows 12a going into my Lifepo4 cells while the inverter is not under any load. Im using 3 400w panels connected in series. My pv connection is good and intact.

12v system with CC of 80A 12v charger, are you sure about that?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Will investigate the brand.

Thanks for the heads-up

A trial will convince you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
There's always matured ways of handling issues without hurting any party and that's why I prefer expressing my dissatisfaction with people privately.
I dropped a message up here demanding for low capacity pressing iron. You responded informing me of 800w ready for sale.
I came to you privately trying to express my feelings about the watt of the ceiling fans I bought from you about two months ago.
You told me full blast was 18w. You didn't tell me the 18w was for the DC and not the AC. Only for me to fixed those fans in my house and later discovered full blast of each was 46w and the lowest speed was 13w.
I wasn't complaining neither did I come back to ask you why you didn't give me comprehensive information before the products before purchase. I noticed the response you dropped when I requested for pressing iron and I said let me use this opportunity and advice you privately to always inform your customers about the details of your products before purchase.
Sorry, I didn't know I was doing something terribly bad but sincerely speaking coming here to delete your post is a clear signal that people who paid and who still intend to pay for your products should take whatever they receive even when it's fake or not what they paid for.
I'm sorry once again VALTO.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
This might be useful for some

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
For me the only thing you will find is a 12 DC Iron which I don't trust in the market . There is nothing like inverter Iron to my Knowledge.

isangjohnson:
HOUSE!
I de find inverter pressing iron ohhh or anyone with about 200w to 300w for home use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yh. The down side is it requires alot of panels.
ojeysky:

12v system with CC of 80A 12v charger, are you sure about that?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Yh. I'm planning on getting this. Which charger controller under 100k that can handle 130vdc do you recommend.

most cheap cc cant handle above 80 volts for 12 volts battery pack.
try fangpusun separate screen cc and epsolar .
the famous powmr can only handle above 100 volts for 48 volts inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:18am On Jul 14, 2022
I'm using a 12v system. powmr can't handle more than 100vdc for 12v system. I already dropped am an mppt charge controller above n asked for opinions. Kindly check. It's a 60a mppt being sold for 90k. If I don't get any suggestions. I'll go with Felicity cc den.
earthrealm:

most cheap cc cant handle above 80 volts for 12 volts battery pack.
try fangpusun separate screen cc and epsolar .
the famous powmr can only handle above 100 volts for 48 volts inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2022
isangjohnson:
There's always matured ways of handling issues without hurting any party and that's why I prefer expressing my dissatisfaction with people privately.
I dropped a message up here demanding for low capacity pressing iron. You responded informing me of 800w ready for sale.
I came to you privately trying to express my feelings about the watt of the ceiling fans I bought from you about two months ago.
You told me full blast was 18w. You didn't tell me the 18w was for the DC and not the AC. Only for me to fixed those fans in my house and later discovered full blast of each was 46w and the lowest speed was 13w.
I wasn't complaining neither did I come back to ask you why you didn't give me comprehensive information before the products before purchase. I noticed the response you dropped when I requested for pressing iron and I said let me use this opportunity and advice you privately to always inform your customers about the details of your products before purchase.
Sorry, I didn't know I was doing something terribly bad but sincerely speaking coming here to delete your post is a clear signal that people who paid and who still intend to pay for your products should take whatever they receive even when it's fake or not what they paid for.
I'm sorry once again VALTO.

seconded! full disclosure is necessary

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2022
Jefferyzz:
I'm using a 12v system. powmr can't handle more than 100vdc for 12v system. I already dropped am an mppt charge controller above n asked for opinions. Kindly check. It's a 60a mppt being sold for 90k. If I don't get any suggestions. I'll go with Felicity cc den.

I personally dont like the felicity cc, cos it doesnt log daily solar harvest. @ its about 100k pricetag

The one you posted above appears ok, hope you saw the 800w solar panel limit @ 12 volts. Since u have 3 pieces of 400 watts panel, thats 1200 watts on a good day. most decent cc will throttle down the harvest on super sunny days if perchance 1200w comes in, some poorly designed cc may get damaged.

The cc you posted above is not a common or popular make, so i dont know how it would behave.
Alternatively you can consider buying 2 pieces of the cheap powmr cc, ie if you check the voc of 2s panels can work.

Las las..this your 12 volt setup isnt optimal, if i were in your shoes...wud consider using this oppurtunity to upgrade to 24 or 48 volts

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2022
abilityC:
This is beautiful.. una d give me hope o

This is massive and beautiful, nice one.pls keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2022
God bless you. I'll go for d 80a variant then. It's 105k. That 1 can take 1100w
earthrealm:

I personally dont like the felicity cc, cos it doesnt log daily solar harvest.

The one you posted above appears ok, hope you saw the 800w solar panel limit @ 12 volts. Since u have 3 pieces of 400 watts panel, thats 1200 watts on a good day. most decent cc will throttle down the harvest on super sunny days if perchance 1200w comes in, some poorly designed cc may get damaged.

The cc you posted above is not a common or popular make, so i dont know how it would behave.
Alternatively you can consider buying 2 pieces of the cheap powmr cc, ie if you check the voc of 2s panels can work.

Las las..this your 12 volt setup isnt optimal, if i were in your shoes...wud consider using this oppurtunity to upgrade to 24 or 48 volts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:37am On Jul 14, 2022
WECO LITHIUM BATTERY NOW AVAILABLE! GET YOURS NOW!!

WeCO ESS 5k3 lithium battery, 5.3kwh 51.2v ... 1.7m ( Limited stock)

WeCO ESS 4K4 lithium battery, 4.35kwh 51.2v ..... (Expecting stock)

- WeCo 5k3 is the only dual voltage lithium battery in the market, it can be used from 5 kwh to 740 kwh

- Built with prismatic cells designed specifically by WeCo. This guarantees uniform chemistry across every battery produced. Many lithium battery manufacturers source their cells on the open market where they have very little control over quality. This frequently leads to cell imbalances and system faults

-Designed in Italy to meet the highest EU quality standards  

- Protected by a high quality mechanical relay instead of the volatile PCB used by many other manufacturers

- Accepts fast charging to significantly lower generator run-time by as much as 80%

- More than 7000 cycles And a 10 Year Warranty!

SmartcellNuggets : Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP LINE::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2022
Tommynaku:
Thank you. Please what brand of inverter and can you post the link so Ican review and see if i will go for it
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pure-Sine-Wave-3-5KW-5_1600332802894.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.66512fc2LP4mPN

i am still putting my setup together so i cant review right now..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2022
isangjohnson
This doesn't show maturity on your side at all.
I had a discussion privately with you and you came down here and deleted your post.
This is not the attitude of a real business man who always wants to make his customers happy.
I'm highly disappointed.

i have to delete my comment since u took my advise in bad faith, i only wrote as follows please don't waste money on those stuff, it is not efficient, try get an 800w Normal iron.
Only for you to jump into my whatsapp and start talking about spoiling my reputation and about fan u bought 3months ago. which shows there is serious grudge all along. note: i never offered to sell u any 800w iron, nor did u mention it on WhatsApp. pic 1:this is your WhatsApp reply to me yesterday
pics 2: this is specification of the fan u bought.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Yh. The down side is it requires alot of panels.

That's not a downside it's an advantage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 11:39am On Jul 14, 2022
Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919 for your Industrial Power Backup Solution Equipment. Our Offices are in Lagos and Abuja, we also do nationwide Delivery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Whether you offer to sell your products or not is non of my business. There are many others looking for buyers even at a cheaper rate.
The question still begging for answer is, were you not supposed to tell me that the 18w is strictly for DC as shown in your picture above?
Who was actually supposed to get upset?
I came to have a gentle man discussion with you "privately" which I didn't have anything else in mind.
The next thing was for you to take an offence, came down here and deleted your post.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TheBestGovernor: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jefferyzz:
God bless you. I'll go for d 80a variant then. It's 105k. That 1 can take 1100w

Before you buy a new charge controller, have you actually found out what the problem is?

1.What type of cables and cable size did you use for the installation?
2. Have you tested the solar panels independently? - Test them in pairs to see the performance since your current inverter can handle the voltage range, test the solar panels independently with multi-meter to see voltage output of each.
3. Are there loose connections between your solar panels and your inverter? - Check all the connectors, confirm your MC4 connectors have proper contacts.
4. What is the orientation of your solar panels? - best orientation for Nigeria is True South if your solar space can be titled in this direction, Optimum is between True South and South-West.
5. What type of solar panels are you using - are you sure your panels are actually rated at 400W - many dubious solar panel sellers in Nigeria print labels for low rated panels as high power panels?
6. Inspect each solar panels to see there is no damage(s).
7. Does your charger have a setting for current limit? Have you confirmed the limit was not adjusted to a lower limit?

Eliminate all these one by one to see if you can locate the problem.

After you have done all these, then you can decided whether to buy a new CC or not. I can see some people are against hybrids, but good hybrids will save you the headache of overcharging your batteries if you use public utility + solar charging as an option.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mercury 100ah battery. Was permanently connected to a solar fan.
Not abused, regular floatation charged.
Selling because I upgraded.

Edited:
Sold.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
I was only laying emphasis on our transactions as reflected in my statement

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2022
My discussion with you was more of advice on how you could excell in your business and not just about incomplete information you gave to me before I purchase your products.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (1677) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m), bassdow, Baker77, zeestone99(m), kdaddy, Danibestguy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.