Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043542 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 5:44am On Jul 20, 2022
Drgreatone:
Pls advice needed.
Found out the luminous 220ah tubular battery at work wasnt holding much charge again. Wasnt lasting more than an hour or so for very light load. Took a while before we checked the water level and found out it was completely dry. Used about 10l of AC water to fill up hoping that wud bring some improvement buh battery still aint holding charge for long. Any other possible rescue act or its time to change it. Thanks
Apart from the good suggesrions given to U above, kindly take notice that that inverter cannot properly charge the tubular battery. Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 6:05am On Jul 20, 2022
EPOMA:

Really nice
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:50am On Jul 20, 2022
chris81964:
Half the panels are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gnifFk5yf4

It'll be epic to get a drone picture or video of this project when completed. Damn, this project must've cost an arm and a leg. It's great to see people not afraid to spend on RE, not every time generator and diesel.

Are you going to have this as a part grid tie with battery backup for essential loads or is everything running off battery? May I inquired the type of batteries you planned to use - lithium or lead acid?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2022
kiekie1:
SOLAR WIFI CAMERA FOR SALE!!!

Watchmen Waterproof Wireless Solar Battery Power Surveillance Security Camera with WiFi & TF Card Slot (1080P,2.0MP) . Available with installation base

Condition: Sparingly used. Works like new

Flat rate Price : 50,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2022
*** STILL AVAILABLE***
*** on giveaway price now***

idsolar:
What I have now is a fairly used Prag 4kva 48v. Used in an off-grid status. Change due system upgrade. Interested wasap 0.8.033735.35.9.

S. O. L. D. S. O. L. D

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2022
chris81964:
Half the panels are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gnifFk5yf4

Waoh!
Nice, Professional job you have done up there! I envy this install, just looking at it right now. kiss kiss

Unlike what an Installer on this thread, did to my Roof when l asked that he install just Ten Units of Panels on my Roof.
This installer and his Team so damaged my Roof that at the end of the day, l am considering buying NEW Aluminum Steptiles Roofing Sheet to cover the whole area those Panels were installed.

My Roof has never leaked since about Six years l built this particular Storey building, l live in this one so l know it has never experience a leakage but after the installation, it has been multiple leakages here and there. angry
The Team of Installers just use their feet to crush the Aluminium Roofing Sheets, causing big depressions everywhere.
I have had Roofers try to plug the leakages created but getting the Depressions to "push back up and normalize" is a daunting task, as the damage was just too extensive.
I have concluded l have to replace all those areas where the Panels are located, and their surrounding Sheets as well.
Imagine incurring a damage of over #2M, in the course of a job of less than #100,000?

It is a lesson to me, to always check the previous work of an installer, seek reference from previous Clients, before giving out a job
Hobbyist or Sellers should stop claiming to be Professional Installers
. undecided

BTW: I have since added Five more Panels (655W each), to the other Side of the Building's Roof, done by another Installer and without any issue from that side. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
FireTheSun:

Waoh!
Nice, Professional job you have done up there! I envy this install, just looking at it right now. kiss kiss

Unlike what an Installer on this thread, did to my Roof when l asked that he install just Ten Units of Panels on my Roof.
This installer and his Team so damaged my Roof that at the end of the day, l am considering buying NEW Aluminum Steptiles Roofing Sheet to cover the whole area those Panels were installed.

My Roof has never leaked since about Six years l built this particular Storey building, l live in this one so l know it has never experience a leakage but after the installation, it has been multiple leakages here and there. angry
The Team of Installers just use their feet to crush the Aluminium Roofing Sheets, causing big depressions everywhere.
I have had Roofers try to plug the leakages created but getting the Depressions to "push back up and normalize" is a daunting task, as the damage was just too extensive.
I have concluded l have to replace all those areas where the Panels are located, and their surrounding Sheets as well.
Imagine incurring a damage of over #2M, in the course of a job of less than #100,000?

It is a lesson to me, to always check the previous work of an installer, seek reference from previous Clients, before giving out a job
. undecided

BTW: I have since added Five more Panels (655W each), to the other Side of the Building's Roof, done by another Installer and without any issue from that side. undecided

Another installer on this thread, @Olopan, installed 9 units of big 405w panels for me.

No damages, no leakages.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2022
Gurus in the house, which one is better?
Luminous 1.5kva or Schneider 1.5kva...
I'm thinking of getting one of these...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeeConn(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
ceaser:

This is a massive stuff. Well done.

Industrial elevators sustain on 380v to 400 vac rather than 240v. I'm thinking to get one installed in my home. Most home elevators I've seen from researches also need up to 380v usually.

I also don't see those things like the fountain take so much power. 60watts 12v DC motor home powers my 3-tier fountain. Three motors are timed to cycle 8hrly daily. The one you have there is a bigger water feature and should not get more than 120 to 150 watts consumption.

Please keep us updated.

Ha, Boss na Aso Rock you dey live?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
FireTheSun:

Waoh!

. undecided

Which installer did the bad job o?
And/or which one did the better job subsequently

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Go for the luminous, two complain of the schneider not been resolved of same issue with different installers.

Also simba has their service centre in almost every Nigerian capital city unlike schneider

ManAdii:
Gurus in the house, which one is better?
Luminous 1.5kva or Schneider 1.5kva...
I'm thinking of getting one of these...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
Try checking out Salpha products ... It looks good on paper. Check it out to know more

emmy9500:
which portble solar solution can i go for i am looing at the Qasa 500QPG, is it a good option

PS: I want something without complex installation, i am a corp memeber and will leave here in 1 year so i need something that i can just pack with me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Ha, Boss na Aso Rock you dey live?

grin grin
No sir. Solar is addictive. So I generate more than enough for my basic needs and also feel I can use the excess to get myself some luxury.

Also installations of those things are DIY (Automatic gate, Sliding doors, fountain etc). So they didn't cost me so much. I drew out the plans and contracted out the construction (which I also personally supervised to my own specifications), then the installations too were supervised myself.

For instance when the gate was done 4 years ago, the prospective installer charged me 500k excluding hotel/accommodation fees. This is aside from the machine which I purchased for 120k and the gate (250k). Ńa so I kúkú watch you tube videos, got an affordable Bricklayer to do the cement jobs and I closely supervised the dude every little details and every step of the way. The guy charged me their usual daily workmanship of 6k per day for 4 days. So I saved more than 500k cheesy

I hope to get away with that too with the elevator. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2022
ceaser:

grin grin
No sir. Solar is addictive. So I generate more than enough for my basic needs and also feel I can use the excess to get myself some luxury.

Also installations of those things are DIY (Automatic gate, Sliding doors, fountain etc). So they didn't cost me so much. I drew out the plans and contracted out the construction (which I also personally supervised to my own specifications), then the installations too were supervised myself.

For instance when the gate was done 4 years ago, the prospective installer charged me 500k excluding hotel/accommodation fees. This is aside from the machine which I purchased for 120k and the gate (250k). Ńa so I kúkú watch you tube videos, got an affordable Bricklayer to do the cement jobs and I closely supervised the dude every little details and every step of the way. The guy charged me their usual daily workmanship of 6k per day for 4 days. So I saved more than 500k cheesy

I hope to get away with that too with the elevator. grin grin
Any pics?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
Namzy:

Any pics?

Ah! I've not procured elevator ó cheesy. I'm still in the market to try my luck.

I have a used gate opener (220vac 200w) for anyone interested. It's used for barely a year and I changed because I got a DC operating one.

90k. Shikini moni.

Please someone help my ministry.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
Came across this.

700w bifacial.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2022
FireTheSun:

Waoh!

. undecided

So you can name the installer who did a good job but you prefer that Nairalanders fall prey to the installer who ruined your roof so we can incur the same damages of 2 million like you?

There is a reason why people give reviews. If you cannot name the installer who did a bad job, then keep shut. This has happened one too many times on this thread. What are you protecting?

Nigerians are hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
olopan:
Go for the luminous, two complain of the schneider not been resolved of same issue with different installers.

Also simba has their service centre in almost every Nigerian capital city unlike schneider

What are the complaints about the Schneider?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 5:22am On Jul 21, 2022
truthbetold22:

So you can name the installer who did a good job but you prefer that Nairalanders fall prey to the installer who ruined your roof so we can incur the same damages of 2 million like you?

There is a reason why people give reviews. If you cannot name the installer who did a bad job, then keep shut. This has happened one too many times on this thread. What are you protecting?

Nigerians are hypocrites.

I wont respond to your Rudeness and Uncouth Childishness.
Obviously, you have a huge comprehension problem because No where in my Post, did l mention the Name of who did a Good Job, nor who did a bad Job.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 5:30am On Jul 21, 2022
IYGEAL:

Another installer on this thread, @Olopan, installed 9 units of big 405w panels for me.

No damages, no leakages.

That is how it should be,
"Welldone" @Olopan.
I have been paying attention to him for some time now and he comes across as a very focused and meticulous person.
More grease to his elbow.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2022
FireTheSun:

I wont respond to your Rudeness and Uncouth Childishness.
Obviously, you have a huge comprehension problem because No where in my Post, did l mention the Name of who did a Good Job, nor who did a bad Job.

Shut up sir. If you could give a review about a bad job, then you should mention the name. If you choose not to mention the name of the installer, then it means you are either a coward or nothing of such ever happened and you are just trying to hype or promote an installers job.

Nonetheless, you have not helped anyone with your useless, half-complete review. It is you who has comprehension problems because if you realize that this is a public forum, you would not make baseless accusations without clearly identifying who you are referring to.

COWARD!!

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2022
truthbetold22:

Shut up sir. If you could give a review about a bad job, then you should mention the name. If you choose not to mention the name of the installer, then it means you are either a coward or nothing of such ever happened and you are just trying to hype or promote an installers job.

Nonetheless, you have not helped anyone with your useless, half-complete review. It is you who has comprehension problems because if you realize that this is a public forum, you would not make baseless accusations without clearly identifying who you are referring to.

COWARD!!

I am not sure you have a father at home otherwise you wont be insulting me or maybe you are used to telling him to shut-up?
This is what bad upbringing causes, your issues are obviously deeper than l thought! undecided

I dont owe your type, any explanation.
You can rant all day, l wont even dignify your type with a conversation.
Just booze-off my mentions and go see a shrink-head.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2022
truthbetold22:

COWARD!!

Na real wa . This was uncalled for . Anyone that wants to Install should ask for good reviews . This the main reason I don't visit any Nairaland topic apart from Solar because of aggressive insults . Please lets take it easy

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
FireTheSun:

I am not sure you have a father at home otherwise you wont be insulting me or maybe you are used to telling him to shut-up?
This is what bad upbringing causes, your issues are obviously deeper than l thought! undecided

Internet Father, in your mind, you are old enough to be someone's father. The internet keeps making morons pompous. Since you don't owe me any explanation, we also have no use for your unsolicited reviews. It is fools like you that has kept Nigeria where it is. You want to buy a foreign product, you go read reviews. You want to buy a Nigerian product, nobody wants to say anything bad about anyone. Now, your roof is 2 million naira for just one side. How much did you roof your house again? 6 million naira? Liar. Are you scared the installer will give you a slap over the internet?

Again, if you cannot name who did a bad job, crawl back into your hole and hide. If you are truly a father, your kids must be ashamed of their cowardly father!!

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
FireTheSun:

And it is buzz off, not booze, Dullard..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
It flash some random lights, making it not to inverter even supplied with grid power.

FEGEITOK:

What are the complaints about the Schneider?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by arejibadz(m): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please with a budget of 60k can I get a solar to power my laptop
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you for the compliment, just ensuring that every Nigerian get to enjoy the dividend of good power supply

FireTheSun:

That is how it should be,
"Welldone" @Olopan.
I have been paying attention to him for some time now and he comes across as a very focused and meticulous person.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
arejibadz:
Please with a budget of 60k can I get a solar to power my laptop
No

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adeshina36(m), buzzetin(m), Idboyostic(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.