Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2040230 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) ... (1676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2022
HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS!!

Brand new 10kwh 48v Lithium battery available.

Price: 1.2m

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2022
durodee:

A quote from one of the holy books came to mind:
Colossians 4:6 ASV
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer each one.

Valid contribution Sir wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2022
Namzy:

What does the inverter say the voltage is during those periods?
Get a trustworthy multimeter. It will solve most of these problems.
I also own a felicity 100a SCC and I know the voltage reading is not accurate and is usually higher than stated, but luckily I have a bmv battery monitor and multimeter to counter the error

The inverter is always ahead of the bms with 0.3v while the Fangpusun cc is ahead of the bms with 1.0v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2022
earthrealm:

get a 12v 200ah to 280ah lithium battery for about 300k to 400k abd forget about buying battery for the next 10 to 15yrs. or get a 100ah model for less than 200k if funds is a constraint
@valto advertised some units a while ago

You can get a 5kw 24v @ 450k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
earthrealm:

get a 12v 200ah to 280ah lithium battery for about 300k to 400k abd forget about buying battery for the next 10 to 15yrs. or get a 100ah model for less than 200k if funds is a constraint
@valto advertised some units a whileago
LP00465759693410

I much appreciated your input... Can you please give me more details on this...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jefferyzz:
I guess most people don't no that GTB card dey do 200. I don make purchases of $100 with my card this month. At times it won't work. Give it few days n try again. Infant try it now.

heya, this is music to my ears. i'm porting to gtb next week!
i put so many purchases on hold the moment first bank and zenith
crashed their monthly limit to $20 grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
zeestone99:

Lol why won't I identify myself, I don't steal, do shady jobs or defraud people. I have many clients turned family here.

Now back to the issue sir. if u feel u still have issues call me or call d roofer directly let him come and rectify it. I will attach a screenshot of our conversation so you can remember and know why I didn't bother you again cos I believe all is settled.
From the conversation u said u ll fix date with him. I already left the rest for both of u.

Yes I told you we can parrallel d inverter(if it supports parrallel) or get a new controller.
You have 10 units 535w and 5 units 655w.
That's a total of 15panels worth over 8.5kw and it's even Canadian solar shocked

You then put this on 5kva 80a axpert that has just around 5kw mppt, you are short changing yourself.

Another question is How were they able to parallel 15 panels on the same inverter. Did they parallel 8 panels with another 7.

You know you have been posting and posting since yesterday and l am trying not to respond to those FALSEHOOD you are spreading, just because it is not in me to start this back-and-forth with you, on this matter.

If l should share our Chats the way you did, you will expose your lies by yourself.

But let me limit myself to the Picture in the attachment you posted.
the first picture shows a little, of one of the damages wherein you used your foot to squash the Aluminum Steptiles of the Roof. The depression can be seen in that picture! You destroyed the Roofing sheet by creating "puddles" everywhere you matched with your Feet, Five adults running riot on an Aluminum Steptiles Roofing. shocked
Is that something that can be repaired by using a rubbery material to plug a hole (which is mostly what the Roofer you sent did, to plug Holes created by the indiscriminate Nailing you did on my Roof, causing leaks?

The Second Picture also shows water-soaked on my Suspended Ceiling! Many of them were condemned because they became soaked and buckled.
Did the Roofer you sent also replace such Ceilings, some of which fell down after soaking so much Water?
Yes, he tried his best and l confirmed that. After he left, there were still leakages, some of which we discovered later when we started seeing equipment soaked! All this are in the chart l sent to you.
My Tenant was also not around for sometime, and we did not know that the Roof on his side of the installation was damaged so much. Roofer did not know, could not identify or repair his side, when the Roofer you sent came.

Contrary to your belief, l felt you are wasting my time because l knew an irreversible damage has already been done to my Roof, from your incompetency!
I called the Roofer back a second time, but did not tell you.
I paid him #10,000 for that second Visit but that money was too inconsequential for me to call you over moreover, you are always giving me excuses of why you cant show up to visit and inspect the damage you caused. I have Proof of this, if you doubt it.

Due to the nature of damage (changing the contour of the ridges of the Roofing sheet , with your careless walking over it, making water run-off impossible, creating puddles everywhere, which later react with the Aluminum and create holes at that spot) and how widespread they are, l concluded l have no choice than to change them to new ones!
I dont want everybody in the neighborhood wondering why Roofers are always climbing my Roof every now and then, that can be embarrassing to me afteral, they would be wondering: if the Sheets are bad, why cant he just change them? grin No Roofer has climbed my Roof in the last four years, before you came.

The job l engaged you for, was to install 10 Panels, (just like engaged someone else to install 5 panels later), not to damage my Roofing and be telling me that you sent a Roofer to "plug the Holes created by your indiscriminate nailing and you paid for it"!
How come the other Installer l engaged to the the 5 Panels did not cause any damage to the Roof?

I even gave you Extra Money, apart from your charges and cost of items you supplied (which l said you should use to drink beer with your Boys), on completion of the work that day, do l deserve what l got in return?

I was not asking you for anything, when l made my post a few days ago, l did not even identify you but you were trying to play smart, by quickly identifying yourself, trying to seize the momentum, once you read where l said People can send me l private message, if they wanted to know the Installer who did the terrible job, but you then use that opportunity to lie and pretend like you did a wonderful job! grin

Well, if an Installer caused a problem running into Millions of Naira for a Client, just to install Ten Panels, can we say that Installer is a Professional or have we change the meaning of doing 'a Professional' job?

The most painful part in all these was that l was warning you, as you were doing the work, that the way you are walking carelessly on these Aluminum Steptiles Roofing sheet, you will damage it (even my wife was complaining about the same thing) but you said l should not worry, it cant be damaged! But you ended up damaging the whole Roofing Sheets,.

I am trying not to be pushed into uploading pictures of your terrible work because it adds nothing to me.
But l dont like all these white washing you are doing here.
Leaking and damaged Roofing sheets should not be the End Result of the job l gave you, irrespective of whether you sent a roofer back to assist in plugging some of those Holes.
The Crushed Roofing sheets cant be straightened back, so the DAMAGE you caused is permanent (and they keep leaking time, after time .... unless l change them, which l will, in a few weeks time.

if you want to know how the "Proper" Professional Installer l engaged, who did not cause a single damage, did the installation, including correcting the shoddy work you did, l can refer you to him, for some free lectures.

I am just restraining myself, l watched the pictures of the damages on my phone again, just now.
Its your Cross, you have proved your Competency and judged yourself to have done a "fine job", what else can l say
.?

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
GROWATT ! DISCOUNTED PRICE !!

Growatt hybrid pure sine wave power inverter available.

3kva 24v HVM "inbuilt 50a mppt" ..... 270k
3kva 48v HVM "inbuilt 50a mppt" ..... 280k

3.5kva 48v ES "inbuilt 80a mppt" ..... 480k

5kva 48v ES "inbuilt 100a mppt" ...... 550k

Contact,

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
GeorgeD1:

heya, this is music to my ears. i'm porting to gtb next week!
i put so many purchases on hold the moment first bank and zenith
crashed their monthly limit to $20 grin

Likewise UBA smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
HURRY! JINKO SOLAR, LITHIUM BATTERY PACKAGE!!

Package A: 2.7m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680" hybrid inverter
Battery Cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries

Package B: 3.5m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries

Package C: 6.5m
Deye 8kw 48v "PV10040"
Battery cabinet x2
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package D: 6.6m
Goodwe 10kw 3ph 102v "PV1300"
Battery cabinet
Combiner
High voltage control box
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package E: 3.9m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680"
Battery cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries
3.8kw Solar panel

Package F: 4.7m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries
4560kw Solar panel

5yr Standard warranty
Product datasheet available on request.

Contact,

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
FireTheSun:

You know you have been posting and posting since yesterday and l am trying not to respond to those FALSEHOOD you are spreading, just because it is not in me to start this back-and-forth with you, on this matter.

If l should share our Chats the way you did, you will expose your lies by yourself.

the first picture shows a little, of one of the damages wherein you used your foot to squash the Aluminum Steptiles of the Roof. The depression can be seen in that picture! You destroyed the Roofing sheet by creating "puddles" everywhere you matched with your Feet, Five adults running riot on an Aluminum Steptiles Roofing. shocked
Is that something that can be repaired by using a rubbery material to plug a hole (which is mostly what the Roofer you sent did, to plug Holes created by the indiscriminate Nailing you did on my Roof, causing leaks?

The Second Picture also shows water-soaked on my Suspended Ceiling! Many of them were condemned because they became soaked and buckled.
Did the Roofer you sent also replace such Ceilings, some of which fell down after soaking so much Water?
Yes, he tried his best and l confirmed that. After he left, there were still leakages, some of which we discovered later when we started seeing equipment soaked! All this are in the chart l sent to you.
My Tenant was also not around for sometime, and we did not know that the Roof on his side of the installation was damaged so much. Roofer did not know, could not identify or repair his side, when the Roofer you sent came.

Contrary to your belief, l felt you are wasting my time because l knew an irreversible damage has already been done to my Roof, from your incompetency!
I paid him #10,000 for that second Visit but that money was too inconsequential for me to call you over moreover, you are always giving me excuses of why you cant show up to visit and inspect the damage you caused. I have Proof of this, if you doubt it.

Due to the nature of damage (changing the contour of the ridges of the Roofing sheet , with your careless walking over it, making water run-off impossible, creating puddles everywhere, which later react with the Aluminum and create holes at that spot) and how widespread they are, l concluded l have no choice than to change them to new ones!
I dont want everybody in the neighborhood wondering why Roofers are always climbing my Roof every now and then, that can be embarrassing to me afteral, they would be wondering: if the Sheets are bad, why cant he just change them? grin No Roofer has climbed my Roof in the last four years, before you came.

The job l engaged you for, was to install 10 Panels, (just like engaged someone else to install 5 panels later), not to damage my Roofing and be telling me that you sent a Roofer to "plug the Holes created by your indiscriminate nailing and you paid for it"!
How come the other Installer l engaged to the the 5 Panels did not cause any damage to the Roof?

I even gave you Extra Money, apart from your charges and cost of items you supplied (which l said you should use to drink beer with your Boys), on completion of the work that day, do l deserve what l got in return?

I was not asking you for anything, when l made my post a few days ago, l did not even identify you but you were trying to play smart, by quickly identifying yourself, trying to seize the momentum, once you read where l said People can send me l private message, if they wanted to know the Installer who did the terrible job, but you then use that opportunity to lie and pretend like you did a wonderful job! grin

Well, if an Installer caused a problem running into Millions of Naira for a Client, just to install Ten Panels, can we say that Installer is a Professional or have we change the meaning of doing 'a Professional' job?

The most painful part in all these was that l was warning you, as you were doing the work, that the way you are walking carelessly on these Aluminum Steptiles Roofing sheet, you will damage it (even my wife was complaining about the same thing) but you said l should not worry, it cant be damaged! But you ended up damaging the whole Roofing Sheets,.

I am trying not to be pushed into uploading pictures of your terrible work because it adds nothing to me.
Leaking and damaged Roofing sheets should not be the End Result of the job l gave you, irrespective of whether you sent a roofer back to assist in plugging some of those Holes.
The Crushed Roofing sheets cant be straightened back, so the DAMAGE you caused is permanent (and they keep leaking time, after time .... unless l change them, which l will, in a few weeks time.

if you want to know how the "Proper" Professional Installer l engaged, who did not cause a single damage, did the installation, including correcting the shoddy work you did, l can refer you to him, for some free lectures.

I am just restraining myself, l watched the pictures of the damages on my phone again, just now.
Its your Cross, you have proved your Competency and judged yourself to have done a "fine job", what else can l say
.?

Ok @firethesun, i think its clearer now what transpired.
Its a lil similar to driving your 2022 F150 truck, and some1 now comes and bashes it, agrees he is @ fault n offers to fix the damage.
Takes the car and its repaired to the best of their abilities, however your truck isnt exactly the same as b4 the accident + the fender that was repainted is now a tad off color from the rest of the car, you complain, basher takes the car for a few days again n tries to rectify the color, car is brought back and u are still not satisfied with the car, now you hv been without ur beloved car for 2wks now, an inconvenience wch isnt quantifiable nor factored in by basher.

U now decide to manage the car however it is, while u make plans to buy another truck and sell the accidented one afterwards, as the car no longer gives you joy n u believe basher lacks the capacity/resources to return ur car to its original pristine condition b4 the accident grin .

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
arejibadz:
Please with a budget of 60k can I get a solar to power my laptop

Check out this thread...you may get one or two ideas

https://www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Fapemz: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
arejibadz:
Please with a budget of 60k can I get a solar to power my laptop

I have Lithium battery pack / Laptop powerbank for you.

+2348..0653. 16307

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Enyinne(f): 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Does the gtb card work with Alibaba.com
Jefferyzz:
I guess most people don't no that GTB card dey do 200. I don make purchases of $100 with my card this month. At times it won't work. Give it few days n try again. Infant try it now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
It works on AliExpress and ebay. Avnt tried Alibaba
Enyinne:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
DISCOUNTED PRICES!!!

Auxano Solar Panels:

250w Mono ... 70k

300w Mono .... 80k

350w Mono .... 90k

Contact,

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Enyinne:

Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
kiekie1:

Likewise UBA smiley

tanx for the info bro.
i guess it's really time to explore other banking options.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toluxa1(m): 2:24am On Jul 24, 2022
GeorgeD1:

i was going to ask same question. my first bank and zenith naira mastercards spend limits were
crashed to $20/month just two months ago or thereabouts, down from $100. i never knew some banks still
do up to $200/month. interesting, hey?

Unless there was an update few days ago. GTB limit is $100/$ as far as I know.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 2:34am On Jul 24, 2022
IYGEAL:

Another installer on this thread, @Olopan, installed 9 units of big 405w panels for me.

No damages, no leakages.

@ Olopan

Do you have alot of experience working with Deye inverter? I mean have you done several installations where you used the Deye?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:20am On Jul 24, 2022
FireTheSun:

.?
Lol what xtra moni. Hw mch did u pay. I tink you are just looking for cheap attention otherwise you would have called me and given me update on the situation. Installation of over 11months. U didn't say anything but going behind my back to spill talk.
If u v issues and u looking for solutions call me or call d roofer for inspection. if there's anything to be changed we will change it for you.
If it's attention u r looking for then write more epistles online.

End

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 6:32am On Jul 24, 2022
FireTheSun:

.?

Three takeaways from this

1- 10 545w panels and 5 650w panels cannot be on a 5kw mppt and you assume you got good service. That is just the installer maxing out the cc and leaving the rest to waste.

2- no one is spreading falsehood here, a copy of your chat was uploaded and you clearly said, from 15 holes, it is now only 2 that is leaking. If more holes of more leakage turn up, you have to reach out again and allow Zeestone fix it even though I realize that it is not entirely his fault and I ll explain below.

3- I am a building engineer. Wen working with aluminum roofing sheets, anything less than actual 0.45mm gauge is total rubbish and will create issues like this whenever anyone climbs the roof no matter how many. The sheets are so weak that even if you are very careful where you place your legs, wherever you walk on depresses and then shrinks and will not rise as it should. A proper 0.45mm-0.55mm gauge will not give this issues from my experience.

I am certain that @firethesun’s roof was installed by people who likely went for lower gauge aluminum thereby making Zeestone’s install way more difficult. I have experienced this many times. Roofers sell 0.35mm low quality as 0.45mm and the average home owner doesn’t know.

If you doubt me, @firethesun can get another roofer with a caliper to measure the gauge, he should then post pictures here.

You really should check your roof quality before accusing anyone.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2022
ebocoms:
Good day Everyone,

Please I need review in making decision on the following Solar Panel brands. Which is durable and have better yield:

a. JA Solar

b. ERA

c. Jinko

Thank you.

I can confirm JA Solar and Jinko.
On different installations and they give optimum harvest.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dragnet: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2022
dbshaywhy:
Good evening professionals in the house, my 1 year old deep cycle inverter battery is totally down, as confirmed by a technician yesterday morning...

Am now contemplating either i buy a new generator instead of another inverter battery that won't last more than a year, but still, am considering the economical aspect of the inverter system...

Please, your heartful advice will be highly appreciated.

Don't blame the battery just yet.

Check if your system charges the battery as due and also if your load isn't exceeding the battery's safe capacity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2022
dbshaywhy:
Good evening professionals in the house, my 1 year old deep cycle inverter battery is totally down, as confirmed by a technician yesterday morning...

Am now contemplating either i buy a new generator instead of another inverter battery that won't last more than a year, but still, am considering the economical aspect of the inverter system...

Please, your heartful advice will be highly appreciated.

Give more details about your system, panel configuration, load profile/appliances in use and period etc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2022
earthrealm:

@valto advertised some units a while ago
Calm down with Lithium evangelism, at least understand his system before throwing in any solution.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2022
samnaija:

Thanks for the enlightenment , it is an eye opener. Two sides to a story. It takes a true professional to speak out. You even paid for the repairs you try..

I can attest that zeestone99 takes care of issues or tries to compensate when issues arise, with products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2022
FireTheSun:

I want to believe you have your reasons for identifying yourself as the Installer. If you did not, you can bet l wont, it is not my style of correcting someone. But you have, so that burden is no longer on me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I will MENTION and EXPLAIN a few things:

- How can you say: "we did a fine install but you had leaks"? (in the Roof, after your work)
Are Leakages in the Roof, (when l did not have them before you came to install), part of this "fine install"?

- How can l confirm to you that "we are good", when it has not rained, after the effort of the person you sent, and when you asked?
I confirmed to you that he came and did his job, "hopefully" the leakage would have been rectified, but that can only be determined after it rains again!

Yes, we had Leaks, even after his effort . Not because he did not do a good Job but because he can only do as much!
He was able to block some visible Nail holes but the damage was varied and widespread

The Roofer you sent tried his best (you should have brought along this Roofer with you, when you came to do the installation) but "Squashed" Aluminum Steptiles Roofing Sheets are impossible to be straightened up again after crushing it by walking on them without due care, anyone who had seen Steptiles Aluminum Roofing Sheets, knows this. We had Leakages from various Nail points as well..
I was "shocked" since that was my first experience of a Leaking Roof ( and angry" as well), though internally, l was blaming myself, for the choice l made.
I just decided to "learn the lessons" and concentrate effort to rectify the problem, as quickly as possible.

The "other side" could not have been repaired, when the Roofer you sent came to do the repair because, as of that moment, l never knew there were leaks on that side too (My Tenant was not around during that period when you installed the Panels on his side).

I did not say the "repairs" will cost over #2M.
What l said was that l will have to replace the Roofing Sheets with new ones, at over #2Million.
Replacement => Put in fresh Roofing sheets.
Repair => Call Roofer to be looking for Holes to plug.

But he cant push-back-out and straighten all the depressions caused by your Legs marching (carelessly) on the Steptile Aluminum Roofing Sheets, can he?.
Somethings, when damaged, can never go back to their original form, even after repair. What you do is replace them, if you want to go back to your initial state before the damage.
That is current state of the problem now.

When it rains, depending on the intensity of the rain, those "Foot Depressions" act like BOWLS, they store rain water and then when full, the Water overflows in a direction of least resistance, without following the grooves, (as it would have done in an undamaged Roofing Sheet) which can be anywhere on the roof!
Roofing sheets on a Roof are meant to have smooth grooves and slanted in a particular direction so that water flows down as it drops on it, without accumulating in "big depressions" created by squashing of 10 People's feet walking on the Roof .....without a care or as if it is made of Wood! I explained all these to you back then. I took pictures and sent them to you.

The Roofer you sent did try to "push-back-out" some of these Squashed Depressions on the Steptile Roofing Sheets, (from inside the Ceiling) but in most cases, they only got worse because Steptile Roofing Sheet are not supposed to be pushed in and out, due to the designs on them and the Depressions were just too many.

l am the sort of person that likes inconveniencing people, including my tenant, with a leaking Roof.
How does someone pay me premium Money for a House and he has to be collecting water in his Bedroom, Kitchen, etc, because the House Owner installed Solar Panels?
What l wont take, l wont do to others and l have promised him that once l am back in the country from my Travels, l will replace All the Roofing Sheets in that area that were depressed with your feet and leaking, with new ones.
By my estimate, it will cost over #2Million to complete the job. That is what l wrote.
If your intention is to contest the amount, then go and find out how much they sell a length of 0.55 gauge Aluminum Steptile Roofing sheet and multiply by how many will cover the area, (add accessories like Nails, Flyband, rent Ladder, etc to it and include workmanship).
Add the cost of damaged, suspended Ceilings to it (areas where the Water leaked unto the suspended Ceilings and they buckled, after getting soaked)

But l am sure you would have learned some lessons from that job, which is the crucial thing.

- Like not having too many people on the Roof, at the same time. Just the minimum required.
At that time you were doing my Installation, you had yourself and four other guys on my Roof a few times though most times, you were on the ground.! It was as if my Roof was being used as a 'teaching experiment'.
As you guys were working and walking around on the Roof, l could hear the sound of "Crushing of the Roofing Sheet", with each Step taken, as they were walking on it!
I am sure you remember how l was raising the Alarm that you guys will damage this Roof? The Crushing sound was so evident from inside the House! You kept assuring me nothing will happen and l believed you, against my instincts.
I want to believe such wont happen in the future, when you install for others.
Experienced Installers should know how to delicately walk on the Roof without Squashing the Aluminum Steptile Roofing Sheet, those things are kind of fragile.

Like l said, another installer (just Three people, only Two were on the Roof, One was Down) recently installed additional Five Panels (655W each) earlier this year, all the area he worked on, not a single leak and the rain has been brutal this year, so it is not about the material or style of Roof, it is just "inexperienced" Workmanship.

Remember you told me l have to buy another Inverter, if l were to add those New, Five Panels?
Well, we did not have to buy any other Inverter, the New Installer l engaged just re-arranged the whole configuration and it is pumping out Power mercilessly..
We are completely off-grid in the last four Months-plus and Electric Cooker, Washing Machine, Submersible Pumps, Freezers and all other Home appliances are under normal use, though we do stagger and Submersible Pump not to run around 2pm only.
Why did l mention this? It appears there is a "knowledge gap", when you told me l cant add those New Panels to the existing ones, unless l buy a Second Inverter (which l would have done, if you came that day as l had called Gennextechnologies office immediately).
You said you needed to run them New Panels separately on a separate Inverter, for them to work.
As God will have it, l did not have to buy another Inverter.

My aim, in not mentioning the identity of the Installer (which drew the ire of some people here), is to mention the problem so the installer or anyone in such position, can learn from such mistakes, without damaging the image or brand of such offending Installer. I have No Apology for that decision, that is who l am

I never raised the issue here, until l was "wowed" by the Installation of that many panels by @Chris and even at that, l still kept your identity PRIVATE, with someone abusing me over it!. Having worked for me and our discussions about 'Unilag', you obviously knew, as an elderly person, exercising control over one's anger, even when l feel offended, is not unusual, would l ask you to come and replace the Roof that was damaged? (I remember explaining the issue of "vicarious liability" to you, on phone)
Being Vindictive, is not one of my attributes moreover, l passed those stages, a long time ago, l dont know who my own grown-up children will meet, in far flung places.

I hope this brings Closure to the whole matter, now that the Installer has identified himself.

I perfectly understand your perspective and share some of your views and suggestions too.
I believe the Aluminium's streptile profile too complicated things, it's one of the many factors that should be considered. Installation environments would always differ, adaptation is important.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:15am On Jul 24, 2022
sharks776:
Hello everyone and professionals in this thread. Am having a problem with my setup and need help

My equipment
CC - Fangpusun 60a
Inverter - Felicity ivps3524 combined with charger
Battery - 2 wakatek 5kw lithium in parallel

Problem:
Both cc and inverter are set to charge at
Abs 28.8v
Flt 28.8v

However, during the day whenever the cc reads 28.8v, the bms of the battery will read 26.7v at most. This shows a difference of 1.1v in charging.

During the night, when the inverter is charging via grid and reads 28.8v the bms of the battery will be 27.3 or 4 max
I am thinking of going with the bms reading and adding at least 1v to the cc and inverter charger setting. I also came across this on YouTube

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxoY4QXwrIJw9Va7P_grNiSQdZuhwT66at

Help me pls, I really don't want to fry this new expensive batteries

Use a trusted multimeter to take readings and compare with the bms. I'll suggest you trust the BMS more.

What brand is your CC ?
is the felicity inverter the same as the one in the attached picture?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Dont drain ur leadacid battery below 50% , dont leave it always partially discharged, it likes being charged full daily + dont load or charge it above 15 %, ie not more than 30amps or above 300 watts load for a single 12 volts 200 ah battery.then a good leadacid can give you 800 cycles..

Lithium battery doesnt care for any of the rules above and has 4000 cycles, before loosing 20 percent capacity.

From the above, u can see why leadacid will always disappoint, as its tough to give it what it likes
You just set out to destroy lead acid from your first character till conclusion of the post... lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2022
Jefferyzz:
It works on AliExpress and ebay. Avnt tried Alibaba
You use it directly on eBay or via PayPal ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) ... (1676) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bwyite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.