Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2026366 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) ... (1662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2022
toluxa1:

Unless there was an update few days ago. GTB limit is $100/$ as far as I know.

It exceeds most times? Especially close to the month end.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2022
sethtsadopp:

@ Olopan

Do you have alot of experience working with Deye inverter? I mean have you done several installations where you used the Deye?

Several installations using Deye ? That may be a tall order.
Is there anything peculiar with Deye that inspires such criteria?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2022
Wetin!!
I was off this thread by just 2days, and pages increased by how many again? Fire everywhere!

@Firethesun, I understand your pains, it's not palatable when you need to spend so much to rectify the damage.

@zeestone you should have paid more attention to his complaints about the roofing sheets, though this will slow your job down considerably, but will take care of this issue in the long run.

@truthbetold this your new response is far better than the previous ones. The moment he mentioned 0.55mm I knew within me that he was probably sold a lower gauge of roofing sheet. Cos 0.55mm can't be crashed that badly.

If you still have a piece of the roofing sheet, get a micrometer screewgauge and measure the thickness of your sheets.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2022
Juror:

I can attest that zeestone99 takes care of issues or tries to compensate when issues arise, with products.

My brother I don't know you by your username cos I don't even ask but I'm very sure I must know you in person. The thing that's really annoying me is I'm not even aware about anything. He didn't tell me anything and he came here to rant. Job of over 11 months.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2022
Oshomo12:
Wetin!!
I was off this thread by just 2days, and pages increased by how many again? Fire everywhere!

@Firethesun, I understand your pains, it's not palatable when you need to spend so much to rectify the damage.

@zeestone you should have paid more attention to his complaints about the roofing sheets, though this will slow your job down considerably, but will take care of this issue in the long run.

@truthbetold this your new response is far better than the previous ones. The moment he mentioned 0.55mm I knew within me that he was probably sold a lower gauge of roofing sheet. Cos 0.55mm can't be crashed that badly.

If you still have a piece of the roofing sheet, get a micrometer screewgauge and measure the thickness of your sheets.

Did you say pay attention. @oshomo me and this man have not spoken about leaks since 11months when we rectified d leaks, I don't know anything. If he has issues, is he not supposed to relate them to me.
We only spoke about adding more panels recently, which I adviced he get another controller.
We didn't do the job because he said he's traveling and can't wait for us.
How am I supposed to pay attention.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2022
What are viable alternatives to roof installation of Solar panels?

Just in case I am not willing to reroof the house

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2022
Not a lot of experience but it is as any other hybrid inverter with advance knowledge of installation it will be well installed with no biggie.

Is there a certain power situation you need solved?

sethtsadopp:

@ Olopan

Do you have alot of experience working with Deye inverter? I mean have you done several installations where you used the Deye?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2022
You can have it installed in your compound on a shed for animal or storage room or the most common option of carport

FEGEITOK:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Enyinne(f): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2022
Ok thanks
mctfopt:

Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2022
zeestone99:

Did you say pay attention. @oshomo me and this man have not spoken about leaks since 11months when we rectified d leaks, I don't know anything. If he has issues, is he not supposed to relate them to me.
We only spoke about adding more panels recently, which I adviced he get another controller.
We didn't do the job because he said he's traveling and can't wait for us.
How am I supposed to pay attention.

Don't get me wrong, what I meant was that: during the initial installation not now o, when he said "he told you about it while your guys dey on top roof"

This was a pointer that u need to go slow and check on your guys.

That is IF HE COMPLAINS THEN.

I am not crucifying you in any way. I understand it's 11months after and he never mentioned it until now.

Whenever clients complain or do somehow(watch out for their spouses) during installation or any work at all. Just relax that work and hear them out well well.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Ground mounting, provided u get space, the best way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Dont drain ur leadacid battery below 50% , dont leave it always partially discharged, it likes being charged full daily + dont load or charge it above 15 %, ie not more than 30amps or above 300 watts load for a single 12 volts 200 ah battery.then a good leadacid can give you 800 cycles..

Lithium battery doesnt care for any of the rules above and has 4000 cycles, before loosing 20 percent capacity.

From the above, u can see why leadacid will always disappoint, as its tough to give it what it likes

bros,
the op asked for the average lifespan of an agm battery but all you did was embark on a scaremongering litany of the
downsides of lead acid while hyping the virtues of lithium. i'm not sure that's a balanced way to advice anybody.
and for the records, lead-acid will not always disappoint provided you get the basics right.
some of us used our agm batts for over 8yrs before disposing them without issues.
please let's try and be objective when giving advice to these up and coming renewables enthusiasts so as not to
create the wrong impression.

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
GeorgeD1:

bros,
the op asked for the average lifespan of an agm battery but all you did was embark on a scaremongering litany of the
downsides of lead acid while hyping the virtues of lithium. i'm not sure that's a balanced way to advice anybody.
and for the records, lead-acid will not always disappoint provided you get the basics right.
some of us used our agm batts for over 8yrs before disposing them without issues.
please let's try and be objective when giving advice to these up and coming renewables enthusiasts so as not to
create the wrong impression.

Lolz, sentiments aside, pls disprove scientifically all that i typed there, are the lies or truths?.

Now back to the posters question, it really has no answer, if you use the battery outside the limits i stated.

A leadacid battery can be dead in 8months to 1 yr, if owner goes against some of the rules i posted...same battery can do 5yrs..if owner obeys all the rules.....

I believe in showing people, life and death...so they can make informed choices

If someone comes to ask you, if a motorcycle can take him to London from Lagos...,instead of taking a 6hr flight...what would you answer him?.......i guess you would tell him Yes, end of story.....

Well, the way am wired, i would educate him on the pros and cons of his plans.....so he can arrive at a decision by himself

We all know why your leadacid bank lasted 8yrs+....you have a big warchest, wch enables you to consciously or subconsciously keep to all the rules i posted.
The average user doesnt hv the resources to copy your style.other than telling people your leadacid bank lasted 8yrs, i dont recall coming across where you informed people, the secret to your batterys longevity?...which is what i exactly xrayed in my earlier post

Lastly, if u are truthful n engage installers or users of leadacid battery, the usual denominator is premature battery failure, usually under 2urs..or 3yrs max

You have only used 1 type of battery chemistry--leadacid, many of us pro lithium folks hv used both leadacid and lithium.....so naturally we are in a better position to compare the 2 batteries, from firsthand experience....which you dont have grin grin.
Its night and day., Like comparing Lagos and London

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Juror:

You just set out to destroy lead acid from your first character till conclusion of the post... lol

Why would i set out to kill leadacid battery, na im kill my papa? grin. grin. grin
Thank goodness am not the manufacturer nor owner of lithium battery, if not i would have been accused of bias.
Kindly refute any of the negatives i said about leadacid battery,

This is science , it always sides the truth. No sugar coating

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
zeestone99:

Lol what xtra moni. Hw mch did u pay. I tink you are just looking for cheap attention otherwise you would have called me and given me update on the situation. Installation of over 11months. U didn't say anything but going behind my back to spill talk.
If u v issues and u looking for solutions call me or call d roofer for inspection. if there's anything to be changed we will change it for you.
If it's attention u r looking for then write more epistles online.

End

Well, if this is how you want to roll.....

Why dont you just state those prices here? No matter the amount, that is what we agreed to and l even add Extra dash to you, after the work. You should have told me that you are cheap, a quack and incompetent!
All these your bravado and lies wont whitewash your incompetence.

I called you on September 2nd, 2021, immediately Rain fell and everywhere started leaking.

Am l to ask you to come and replace my Roofing sheets? grin grin
The mistake l made is employing a quack and incompetent installer like you and l bear responsibility for that, that is why l am bearing the Cost of Replacement of the Roofing sheets myself and did not come back to you, all you were giving me are EXCUSES.

Below is our Chat, the first day the rain fell and l called your attention to the quack and incompetent job you did, (damaging my Roof in the process) because you lack the experience, training and competence to do a good job
Why are you lying that l am informing you 11months after?

I have added q picture of how the Steptiles Aluminum Roofing Sheet look like originally and how you deformed them and destroyed the Roofing sheets, with your incompetence and quackery.

Another Qualified and Professional Installer did the next 5Panels and not a single damage or leakage!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
earthrealm:

Lolz, sentiments aside, pls disprove scientifically all that i typed there, are the lies or truths?.

Now back to the posters question, it really has no answer, if you use the battery outside the limits i stated.

A leadacid battery can be dead in 8months to 1 yr, if owner goes against some of the rules i posted...same battery can do 5yrs..if owner obeys all the rules.....

I believe in showing people, life and death...so they can make informed choices

If someone comes to ask you, if a motorcycle can take him to London from Lagos...,instead of taking a 6hr flight...what would you answer him?.......i guess you would tell him Yes, end of story.....

Well, the way am wired, i would educate him on the pros and cons of his plans.....so he can arrive at a decision by himself

We all know why your leadacid bank lasted 8yrs+....you have a big warchest, wch enables you to consciously or subconsciously keep to all the rules i posted.
The average user doesnt hv the resources to copy your style.other than telling people tour leadacid bank lasted 8yrs, have you cared to inform people, the secret to your batterys longevity?...which is what i exactly xrayed in my earlier post

Lastly, if u are truthful n engage installers or users of leadacid battery, the usual denominator is premature battery failure, usually under 2urs..or 3yrs max

bros,
again, objectivity is the key word here. i'm glad you admit you veered off in your attempt to highlight the advantages of lithium
over lead acid. curiously though, lithium has been known to suffer early death in not a few instances if users don't follow the
basics too. so, whatever battery chemistry you are deploying, you cannot expect to get any useful mileage if you don't follow
the basic rules that apply.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
cry
Oshomo12:

Don't get me wrong, what I meant was that: during the initial installation not now o, when he said "he told you about it while your guys dey on top roof"

This was a pointer that u need to go slow and check on your guys.

I am crucifying you in any way. I understand it's 11months after and he never mentioned it until now.

Whenever clients complain or do somehow(watch out for their spouses) during installation or any work at all. Just relax that work and hear them out well well.

Don't mind this man he's bored and an attention seeker. We both didn't know about any issues until few days after rain fell. Trust me he was attended to asap after he complained about the leakage. Everyone was good and went their way.
Now he's hell bent on calling me quack after his so called professional wasted his 8.5kw panels on an hybrid 80a cc high voltage mppt.
He's pained he can't consult me for professional advice no more. He's many things.

His so called professional parrallel 10 535w panels with anoda 5 655w panels and his Happy.

Not everyone can be saved.

Just end d Convo sir.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toluxa1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Juror:

It exceeds most times? Especially close to the month end.

I think they are doing 100 for the first 15 - 21 days of the month and another 50-100 the remaining days. Access bank did such one time. So I don't think one will be able to do single 200 at once at any time.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Directly without PayPal
Juror:

You use it directly on eBay or via PayPal ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
truthbetold22:

Three takeaways from this

1- 10 545w panels and 5 650w panels cannot be on a 5kw mppt and you assume you got good service. That is just the installer maxing out the cc and leaving the rest to waste.

2- no one is spreading falsehood here, a copy of your chat was uploaded and you clearly said, from 15 holes, it is now only 2 that is leaking. If more holes of more leakage turn up, you have to reach out again and allow Zeestone fix it even though I realize that it is not entirely his fault and I ll explain below.

3- I am a building engineer. Wen working with aluminum roofing sheets, anything less than actual 0.45mm gauge is total rubbish and will create issues like this whenever anyone climbs the roof no matter how many. The sheets are so weak that even if you are very careful where you place your legs, wherever you walk on depresses and then shrinks and will not rise as it should. A proper 0.45mm-0.55mm gauge will not give this issues from my experience.

I am certain that @firethesun’s roof was installed by people who likely went for lower gauge aluminum thereby making Zeestone’s install way more difficult. I have experienced this many times. Roofers sell 0.35mm low quality as 0.45mm and the average home owner doesn’t know.

If you doubt me, @firethesun can get another roofer with a caliper to measure the gauge, he should then post pictures here.

You really should check your roof quality before accusing anyone.

Irrespective of our previous spat, l think you should not carry that, into this issue, which is why l think you are not being objective but displaying negative BIAS.

I will explain why l think so:

1) You cannot be CERTAIN, over what you have not seen! So, to say "I am certain", shows an initial bias.

2) This is not my first House. I personally supervise my builds. Every single material is bought by my very self and spouse (we go together most times grin ) if not that there is not time to waste, l would have recounted the story of a Roofer whom we went to Dopemu factory to buy these Steptile Roofing Sheets. You will laugh-die!

3) Yes, l have my own Calipers (l would have taken a picture with it, if l were at home right now...so you know) that l take along, when l go to buy things like Water Pipes (Orile), Cables (Coleman Cables), HDF/MDF boards, Keys, Wooden Doors, etc (Ojuwoye, Mushin), iron Rods (Adeniji or Owode Onirin), these Roofing Sheets (at the Dopemu factory where it was manufactured (cut and corrugated) in my presence, a whole day's job)! grin
So, to say that some workmen gave me 0.35, as 0.55 is an assumption you should not have made because it is not based on any fact!

4) though we dont know each other but l am not a "Spring Chicken", grin l have supervised the building of two houses in my neighborhood, because the owners saw me building my own and wanted to contract me (for a fee) to build theirs.
I simply told them l dont have the time to do so (and that is being honest) but l will help them Supervise it and it will be when l am around, since l travel a lot for work purpose and others. they call me "Engineer" (building) for a reason, but l am not a "Building" Engineer by Qualification.

5) Finally, a further 5 bigger capacity Panels (and size too!) was installed on other side of the Roof (Roof has Four parts), BY ANOTHER INSTALLER.
Not a Single Complaint or leakage! How do you explain and align that with your assertion that it was 0.35 gauge?
Did that installer do some magic, not to Depress the Roofing Sheets?

Its good to be fair in whatever we say and in this matter, you have "Not told the Truth".

BTW: Read the text l sent to him, the first day it rained (September 2nd, 2021) and here he is claiming that l did not contact him.
This is someone who never bordered to come and check the Roof, after l complained to him, he just referred me to an Roofer and ask them to deal with it!
When l see such "reaction", l just knew l had dealt with a wrong person.
At a point, l contacted my Lawyer and explained things to him (when this incompetent Installer was trying to shift responsibility, as he is doing now) and he said all l need was to give him the go-ahead to institute a Civil Suit.
It was actually my Wife that told me to "let it go", after the Installer began to beg and "speak reasonably" (I have the Chats) moreover, I knew that worst case scenario (which is what l always prepare for, when a problem arises), l will have to replace the affected Roofing Sheets.
To God be the glory, I wont even be spending money from my purse, rent from two Flats will cover whatever expenses that may arise from this.
That is why l just did not bother him and continue to work on a remedy myself! But should he have come over to inspect it himself, even later?

Now, this matter reared its head, when l saw the work done by another Installer! I was jealous (who wont be?) and wished l had not given my work to this quack installer called @zeestone99.
But despite all these, what caused the spat between us was that you felt l was covering up for a bad installer, since l refused to name him.
And l thought, what do l gain from that, whenl had made up my mind to solve the problem the way l know best?

it is his show-off and pretense that he did a "fine job", coupled with the "small sense" of trying to jump the gun and seize the initiative, that led him to expose himself.

Let us be honest; if you say you are "a Professional" in a Job, you do it and do it well because it is expected that you have the EXPERIENCE to deal with any scenario that comes up. That is what differentiates an Amateur, from a true Professional
If you cant do the job without damaging the Client's property, then you simply say "i cant do it". But to do it, damage Client's property and still be claiming "fine job", is what l cant phantom.

I gave the installation job of the 2nd set of Panels (which are much Heavier and Wider) to a True Professional, on the same Roof!
Not a Single Leaks, No complaint
, l did not even hear "these Roofing Sheet Crushing Sounds" l was hearing, when these @zeestone99 and his boys were running wild on my Roof!

He told me he knows how to walk on this sort of Roofing Sheets, as he has done many of the type.
That is COMPETENCE and EXPERIENCE, not somebody selling Materials, now calling himself an Installer.

Edit: Your statement about the installer maxing out and leaving the rest to waste, is again, not borne out of facts!
There is No Waste!
I use some of the Wattage to charge my 27KW LifePo4 Cells and use the rest to run all my appliances in DAYTIME.

I dont want to go into an argument of the above, but when you run what l run on it, the way we configure it, then you would agree with me that nothing is wasted.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Brace up guys it's about to go down

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
zeestone99:
cry

Don't mind this man he's bored and an attention seeker. We both didn't know about any issues until few days after rain fell. Trust me he was attended to asap after he complained about the leakage. Everyone was good and went their way.
Now he's hell bent on calling me quack after his so called professional wasted his 8.5kw panels on an hybrid 80a cc high voltage mppt.
He's pained he can't consult me for professional advice no more. He's many things.

His so called professional parrallel 10 535w panels with anoda 5 655w panels and his Happy.

Not everyone can be saved.

Just end d Convo sir.

You are a LIAR!
First, you said l did not tell you there were any issues.
Now that l posted our conversation, you said you only knew after five days, when rain fell!
Where you supposed to know you did a shoddy job, until rain fell?
Was l not warning you, as shown in the conversation that you are destroying my Riif by walking carelessly on it?
Did you not assure me that there would be no leakage?
Its all there in the WhatsApp chat l posted.

How was l attended to?
Did you straighten back the Steptiles Roofing Sheet? Did they stop collecting Water stagnantly and stop leaking?

Stop the lies. You are simply incompetent and a quack
A Competent Installer will know from experience, how to walk on Roofing sheet! You did not, but ended up damaging my roof and now a QUACK like you is claiming l am seeking attention?
Attention for what exactly, please?

Professional Advice from an "Incompetent Quack" that damages a Client Roof? LMAO. You are brazen and Shameless. grin grin
Below are examples of what you made of my Roof.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Available now

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 135k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 210k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 230k

Sorotec 3.5kva Revo Vmii parallel 100a - 300k
Sorotec 5.5kva Revo Vmii parallel 100a - 410k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Oshomo12:

This was a pointer that u need to go slow and check on your guys THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMENT.

I am crucifying you in any way. I understand it's 11months after and he never mentioned it until now.

Whenever clients complain or do somehow (watch out for their spouses) during installation or any work at all. Just relax that work and hear them out well well.

Thank you for your comments and that of others which l am yet to respond to.

He is just lying, because l decided not to bother!
From our Chats that l posted (and in his last message), he admitted that l notified him IMMEDIATELY rain fell and the whole Roof was leaking.
You can see from the Chat, that l knew this guy has done a terrible job on my Roof.
It is very obvious, that when Five grown men are walking carelessly on a Roof, so much so we could hear the Sheets being Crushed, from inside the House and l had to message him about it on the Roof (even if the Roof was to be made of iron), the Sheets will be irreversibly damaged.
The principle of Roofing Sheet is not much about how strong they are but if they are Smooth and well inclined, Water will not hang around on it, it will land and flow-off immediately. But when you crush it and create mini-ponds where water can stay, it is bound to cause leakage!

A second, Competent Installer came and installed Bigger and Heavier Panels on another side of the SAME ROOF and there was No Crushing of Sheets, No leakage afterwards!
How do we then blame the Roof, instead of the Incompetent Quack that does not know how to walk on the Roof because he lacks the experience?
Why did the second Installer not damage the same Roof, despite carrying Bigger and Heavier Load on it?

I mean, this incompetent @zeestone and his Four Boys were just running around on my Roof, the way one will be walking on the ground!
Who does that on a Roof?
He is a SELLER, not an INSTALLER! The Quack and Incompetent @Zeestone99, used my Roof to learn Work!

Below is How the Roof looked, from the Top, before he went on it. Now let us compare this to how it looked (even from inside) after he left it.
is that not insane?
And he is here spewing thrash, claiming we attended to it? He never showed up ONCE, from the day l notified him of the damage till today.
He only sent a Roofer to come and plug the Nail Holes they created, the Roofer could not do anything about the Crushed Roofing Sheets.

I even invited the Roofer a second time, on my own nd without his knowledge (having seen his nonchalant behavior and not to let him think that such small change, l will pay the Roofer matters to me or l am expecting it from him) and paid him #10,000 from my own Pocket. I never mentioned it ..... but the damage that this quack zeestone99 did to my Roofing Sheets are STURCTURAL and PERMANENT.

Unless l change the Sheets, so many stagnant Pool of Water on the Roof, when they mix with dust, will eventually create hole at those spots and being a Storey building, it is not something one will be climbing everyday, to look for a Hole and plug it.

He did not do anything about that and what can he even do sef, when he cannot afford to replace the Roofing Sheet with his own Money?
That is why l just left him alone, which is what he is shamelessly bragging about now!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Perciy: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello Gurus,

Please what can a 2kva/24V inverter, 60A PMW solar charge controller, 4 280watts solar panels and 2 220AH/12V tubular batteries power?

And please are the following reliable?

Aquablue inverter,
Success Power PMW solar charge controller,
Tiger solar panels,
Genus invomax tubular battery.

Been used for 2 years, It's on relocation sales, will it be a good buy and how much will be considerate to offer.

I appreciate your inputs. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Oshomo12:
Wetin!!

I am reading the bolded part of your Post and still laughing to myself (amused). grin

Reason l a m amused is that you assumed, just like @Truthbetold, that l am just one of the "house owners" who dont know jack about Building and therefore l must have been cheated by "someone" who l must have sent to buy the Steptile Roofing Sheet.

If l was at home, l would have shown you pictures l took at the factory because some Drama happened there, that day.
In summary, the Roofer l took to the factory (who, among others gave me a quotation for the Roofing Sheet) was not expecting that we will be going together or that l know a thing or two about how they run things there. I paid directly into the factory's account, based on the Quantity he wrote down.

Then when it came to the production, l was given the "Cutting List" and he said, Oga, you can go, l will follow the Vehicle back to Site.
I said No, l am already here, its a full days job, for Sheets worth about #3.35Million .
When it was time to start Cutting my items, l said wait o. I brought out my Calipers and measured the Thickness and it was less!
I called the Operator's attention to it and he checked. he agreed that it was 0.45mm but told me that it must be another Buyer's Order.
I pointed to the Input on the Computer, which was my own List! shocked he said it is a mistake and loaded the correct gauge of Roll of Aluminum. I measured again, with my own Claipers and it was 0.55mm and l said, lets begin Cutting
(this is why l was laughing at you guys thinking that l was sold 0.35mm grin ). Ofcourse, it was not my first time of buying these Roofing Sheets and l know the drill but this was my first time of buying from this Company.

At that point, my Roofer was beginning to fidget.
So they started Cutting and finished Cutting my List.
They they started loading it into the Vehicle just like that!

I said wait, give me that Cutting List, l want to check the items, one by one. they said it is already 5pm, there is no time.
I said even if it is 10pm, l will check them. They refused and asked their Security to take the items out and that one was doing gragra.
I phoned base at Ikeja and asked for two Boys, that put everyone in a good mood and we became friendly again

By the time we finished Counting, what was produced, was less than what l paid for, by as much as #850K!
I looked around for the Roofer l went along with, l cant find him anywhere, UP TILL TODAY, l have never set my eyes on him, l hear he resides in ikorodu. The way he disappeared is what is funny to me, anytime l recall that drama.

Long and shot, Soldiers wanted to start rough-handling the Workers there but they told me it was the Roofer who passed them another Cutting List and they showed it to me. Within a Few Minutes, they refunded the "Balance Money", back into my Account (and their Boos in the Office was very cooperative but l have a feeling that everyone was in-on-it.

He inflated the Quantity, hoping l will just hand him Money or just pay the manufacturing Company directly and sit back, waiting for my goods. But he gave then the actual Quantity that l need because that was what Roofed the House! He will then go back to collect his share. It is a well organized Crime Ring.

I watched as they loaded my Stuff and bid them good bye, while my vehicle followed the one carrying the Sheets, down to my Site.

End of the Story cheesy cheesy

Nobody, including this Quack and incompetent @zeestone99, has been able to[b] explain to me WHY[/b] another Installer who installed Bigger and Heavier Panels, on another side of the same Roof, did not Crush the Steptiles Aluminum Roofing Sheet.

Certainly, if the Thickness of the Sheets were to be blamed, as he is doing, the other Installer would have fallen victim to the same Problem and his side will be leaking too.

You guys should "just imagine", how loud it must have been and how they were running riot on the Roof, for me to hear it inside so loudly that l was so concerned and l voiced out that they would damage my Roof! Just imagine it, for a minute
On going to check inside the Ceiling, l saw a lot of depressions they have created with their wobbly legs and l showed some to him!
This Quack assured me there will be No leakage from them. If 0.35mm was the problem, would he not have said the Sheets were too thin, there and then?.
if the Sheets were 0.35mm, their legs would literally tear-through the Sheets and they would fall inside the ceiling

it was this same @zeestone99 that tricked and sold a counterfeit product to another member here, a few Months ago and there was brouhaha. he has a sordid reputation and cannot be trusted.

Below Pictures saved my Cloud, was taken by my very self, at the Company, when my Order was being produced.

Pix 1: My back frame during the Blinding Stage of the Storey Building in question, as the resident Engineer/Supervisor! grin.
Pix 2: The Steptile Aluminum Roofing Sheets in question, on the ground at the factory
Pix 3: The Angles for the same Roof
Pix 4: Loading a vehicle inside the factory, with finished Roofing Sheet.

All pictures, except the first, were taken by my very self.
I have gone to great lengths to let you know that the issue of being tricked to get 0.35, for 0.55mm, does not exist in my diary.
According to Chris Ngige (Education Minister), "I am a Lagos Boy". grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IllRatherNotSay: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
bigrovar:
Finally bit the bullet and jumped onto the Lithium train. Took delivery of brand new grade A Eve Lf280k last week and it has been an exciting journey making them into an SAY bank for a 48v setup.

Before I got the batteries I got a bench power supply to help with top balancing, orings terminal plugs for terminating the BMS balance leads, JBD 7S-20S 200A BMS ILSCO de-ox (for preventing oxidation when two incompatible metals meet)

I also used the opportunity to add to my panel capacity from 3kw to 5kw with the addition of 4x 540w JA panels (thanks to JustAskMannuel)

Currently too balancing the batteries (they are almost balanced currently at 3.6v per cell.

Would be providing updates once setup is complete.

Kindly give me a link to your supplier.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
@FireTheSun

I don laugh tire to your roof factory story/experience.
That's why i don't blame some folks that prefer to go all out to do it themselves coz of others that will want to short change or sabotage quantity and quality of building materials....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please lets move on sir . Zee lets move on ooooo ,

FireTheSun:

You are a LIAR!
First, you said l did not tell you there were any issues.
Now that l posted our conversation, you said you only knew after five days, when rain fell!
Where you supposed to know you did a shoddy job, until rain fell?
Was l not warning you, as shown in the conversation that you are destroying my Riif by walking carelessly on it?
Did you not assure me that there would be no leakage?
Its all there in the WhatsApp chat l posted.

How was l attended to?
Did you straighten back the Steptiles Roofing Sheet? Did they stop collecting Water stagnantly and stop leaking?

Stop the lies. You are simply incompetent and a quack
A Competent Installer will know from experience, how to walk on Roofing sheet! You did not, but ended up damaging my roof and now a QUACK like you is claiming l am seeking attention?
Attention for what exactly, please?

Professional Advice from an "Incompetent Quack" that damages a Client Roof? LMAO. You are brazen and Shameless. grin grin
Below are examples of what you made of my Roof.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
EPOMA:

Seconded

I have followed the thread from page 1197 after reading the first two pages.

Please guys let's keep it cool with each other as this WON'T help other newbies solar enthusiastic like me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
EPOMA:

Do I have his time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) ... (1662) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.