Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,021 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2031026 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (1666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
earthrealm:

get a 12v 200ah to 280ah lithium battery for about 300k to 400k abd forget about buying battery for the next 10 to 15yrs. or get a 100ah model for less than 200k if funds is a constraint
@valto advertised some units a while ago

Please advise me on the cost of a 24V (2 x 12V) 200Ah LFP? I want to set up 2 of these for my remote offices.

Is the above price for a readymade battery or a DIY build?

Let me experiment with this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Please advise me on the cost of a 24V (2 x 12V) 200Ah LFP? I want to set up 2 of these for my remote offices.

Is the above price for a readymade battery or a DIY build?

Let me experiment with this.

note: lithium batts dont like being put in series, so plan accordingly.
as for prices check on jiji...and ask the inhouse markerters .
24v 100ah pack isnt so common in affordable factory builds, they are best in diy builds. 24v 200ah lithium packs are more common, felicity,yohako etc...however i prefer diy builds to factory builds, cos of issues of false or over labelling as discussed earlier
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
earthrealm:

note: lithium batts dont like being put in series, so plan accordingly.
as for prices check on jiji...and ask the inhouse markerters .
24v 100ah pack isnt so common in affordable factory builds, they are best in diy builds. 24v 200ah lithium packs are more common, felicity,yohako etc...however i prefer diy builds to factory builds, cos of issues of false or over labelling as discussed earlier

Thanks.

Marketers, please quote for 2No. 24v 200ah lithium packs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
24v 105ah/24v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery, assembled in a hdf wooden box or metal box with 120A normal bms/Bluetooth bms with high quality brand new cells. note: only one unit remaining. whatsapp me 0802-057-4628

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
BRAND NEW LITHIUM BATTERY!!

Yohako 24v 4.096kwh
Max charge & discharge current... 150A

Price : 550k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
I need 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter with mppt. Do we have marketers here?
I reside in PH.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2022
ManAdii:
I need 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter. Do we have marketers here?
I reside in PH.

Pure sine wave power inverters:
Schneider hybrid 1.5kva ..... 95,000
Afripower hybrid 1.1kva 12v ..... 93,000
Afripower hybrid 1kva 12v (non hybrid) ..70,000
Afripower 2.5kva 24v (non hybrid).... 125,000

Lagos but can be dispatched / Way billed as usual at buyers expense .

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
PROMO SALES!!

Brand new 10kwh 48v Lithium battery available.

Fixed Price: 1.2m 1.1m

Product Warranty: 5 years

Hurry while stock lasts.

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Thanks.

Marketers, please quote for 2No. 24v 200ah lithium packs

Call/chat - 08117398294 for price and pictures.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
zeestone99:

Don't mind him. He's bored. Imagine after everyone going their separate ways you wake up after 11months to spread rubbish talks. He didn't even reach out to me.

He's a full blown exaggerator, I didn't even see any 15 holes which I'm very sure he was exaggerating. Someone that can confidently say my people were running on the roof with heavy 535w panels.
All I did was send a professional to take care of it. What more does he expect.

Tell him to send pictures of the installation I did, he won't because he knows it is a professional installation and would make him sound stupid for calling me names.

Not everyone can be saved. Good luck with his installer that installed 8.5kw mismatched panels on 80a cc

You are a Shameless Person, you did an Installation and destroyed the Client's Roof, causing an ongoing leakage situation.
I have been Uploading Pictures of the Damaged Roof where you installed just Ten Units of Solar Panels and the Damage is obvious for everyone to see, yet you are still here lying that l did not show the pictures of the Installation you did! shocked
The Damage is still there till today and you are here mouthing-off saying it is a Professional Installation?
What is "Professional", in destroying a Client's Roof? Or is it that you dont even know the weight and responsibility of calling someone "a Professional"? shocked shocked

- You claim you did not see up to 15holes but you never showed up to inpect the damage, not even once, so how can you see what you did not come to inspect? or am l supposed to take 15 separate pictures to prove to you that there are more than 14holes leaking in my damaged Roof?
- You claim l did not reach out to you, so how come you sent a Roofer down? Where and how did you get the information that you damaged my Roof? Do the Chat exchanges between us, some of which l have posted, not show that l reached out to you, or you are just a congenial liar!

That you sent a Roofer..
WHAT EXACTLY DID THE ROOFER DO, that you are claiming you have REMEDIED the situation of a Client's Roof you damaged with your Incompetence and quackery?
The Roofer plugged some of the leaking Holes, how does that REMEDY the Damaged, Crushed Aluminum Roofing Sheets?
- How does that Stop the DEPRESSIONS you created on my Roof, from retaining Water, which eventually starts leaking into the House?

What Effrontery! All these shameless bravado is what gets people like you into trouble and then you turn around to beg!

Dont know, you are still liable for those damaged Sheets as their is no statute of limitation on when l can institute a Civil Action against you and your Company Mazine Group, for Criminal Negligence and Damage to my property (and you can dare me, and find out).
That l am taking it cool with you, has not removed that option from the Table but if you keep running your Mouth, with this your Quackery and Incompetence, your begging on WhatsApp wont save you, it is Lawyers that would sort this out and Courts can determine whether your actions are Criminal (as a professional Solar Panels that you call yourself) and l am entitled to Financial Compensation or not, even if l dont actually need that sort of money.

You @zeestone99 of Mazine Group is INCOMPETENT and a QUACK who destroyed a Clients Roof and Property, under the guise of doing a Solar Panel Installation

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
Solar gurus, please which of these is more trusted and durable?

Package 1:
https://www.jmglimited.com/product-page/lithion-1600va-package

Lithion 1600VA Package ==> 335,556

Package 2:
https://www.thesimbaden.com/product/luminous-optimus-1600va-24v-plus-nrgt-150ah-combo/

Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V + 2 NRGT Batteries 150AH Combo ==> 385,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anidat77(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hello Guys, I have my eyes on lithium 48V 10kwh bank as an upgrade from my years of sealed battery option. But there's this fear of the unknown that's just making me procrastinate.

I will like to read from an experienced user about how the lithium battery has performed when compared with or possibly outperformed the seal battery in practice and also safety wise. There are videos of lithium battery fire with flames that are just too ridiculously scary. I rest. Thanks guys for your guidance to going solar, since 2017....no regrets.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
anidat77:
Hello Guys, I have my eyes on lithium 48V 10kwa bank as an upgrade from my years of sealed battery option. But there's this fear of the unknown that's just making me procrastinate.

I will like to read from an experienced user about how the lithium battery has performed when compared with or possibly outperformed the seal battery in practice and also safety wise. There are videos of lithium battery fire with flames that are just too ridiculously scary. I rest. Thanks guys for your guidance to going solar, since 2017....no regrets.

Have you ever had to replace your sealed acid batteries?

Congratulations on 5 years of solar
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anidat77(m): 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
Yeah thanks ..yes had changed out all 4 pcs of 200ah battery once, thanks to the low voltage cut off on my system them batteries never gets over discharged. But considering the Dod advantage on the lithium battery ...it seems juicy to plan for one...but like my first step from gen to solar....I listen more before I move.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
TechGeek777:
Solar gurus, please which of these is more trusted and durable?

Package 1:
https://www.jmglimited.com/product-page/lithion-1600va-package

Lithion 1600VA Package ==> 335,556

Package 2:
https://www.thesimbaden.com/product/luminous-optimus-1600va-24v-plus-nrgt-150ah-combo/

Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V + 2 NRGT Batteries 150AH Combo ==> 385,000

Still waiting for response please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
I appeal to both parties to please seize fire!

@ZeeStone99:
I seriously doubt if a client would come to a public forum like this to air his discontentment with a service if he isn't pained or incur losses or inefficiently served. Remember, at his first post, he didn't mention your name, so I think he never meant any harm to you nor your brand. He was expressing himself until you identified yourself and came to your defense.

Please NOTE, the issue here isn't about your technical competence, but a third party component which many variables can account for is the crux of the matter.

There's no installer who has done quite a number of roof works that hasn't damaged client's roof before, some times extensively. I've replaced asbestos roofing sheets for a client before.

So many of us still hold you in high esteem in the midst of all of this.

So, brother, simply APOLOGIZE to the client irrespective of how you feel and let this matter rest.

@FireTheSun:
Oga, abeg, no vex!

God bless us, all!

FireTheSun:

You are a Shameless Person, you did an Installation and destroyed the Client's Roof, causing an ongoing leakage situation.
I have been Uploading Pictures of the Damaged Roof where you installed just Ten Units of Solar Panels and the Damage is obvious for everyone to see, yet you are still here lying that l did not show the pictures of the Installation you did! shocked
The Damage is still there till today and you are here mouthing-off saying it is a Professional Installation?
What is "Professional", in destroying a Client's Roof? Or is it that you dont even know the weight and responsibility of calling someone "a Professional"? shocked shocked

- You claim you did not see up to 15holes but you never showed up to inpect the damage, not even once, so how can you see what you did not come to inspect? or am l supposed to take 15 separate pictures to prove to you that there are more than 14holes leaking in my damaged Roof?
- You claim l did not reach out to you, so how come you sent a Roofer down? Where and how did you get the information that you damaged my Roof? Do the Chat exchanges between us, some of which l have posted, not show that l reached out to you, or you are just a congenial liar!

That you sent a Roofer..
WHAT EXACTLY DID THE ROOFER DO, that you are claiming you have REMEDIED the situation of a Client's Roof you damaged with your Incompetence and quackery?
The Roofer plugged some of the leaking Holes, how does that REMEDY the Damaged, Crushed Aluminum Roofing Sheets?
- How does that Stop the DEPRESSIONS you created on my Roof, from retaining Water, which eventually starts leaking into the House?

What Effrontery! All these shameless bravado is what gets people like you into trouble and then you turn around to beg!

Dont know, you are still liable for those damaged Sheets as their is no statute of limitation on when l can institute a Civil Action against you and your Company Mazine Group, for Criminal Negligence and Damage to my property (and you can dare me, and find out).
That l am taking it cool with you, has not removed that option from the Table but if you keep running your Mouth, with this your Quackery and Incompetence, your begging on WhatsApp wont save you, it is Lawyers that would sort this out and Courts can determine whether your actions are Criminal (as a professional Solar Panels that you call yourself) and l am entitled to Financial Compensation or not, even if l dont actually need that sort of money.

You [b]@zeestone99 of Mazine Group is INCOMPETENT and a QUACK who destroyed a Clients Roof and Property, under the guise of doing a Solar Panel Installation[/b]

zeestone99:

Don't mind him. He's bored. Imagine after everyone going their separate ways you wake up after 11months to spread rubbish talks. He didn't even reach out to me.

He's a full blown exaggerator, I didn't even see any 15 holes which I'm very sure he was exaggerating. Someone that can confidently say my people were running on the roof with heavy 535w panels.
All I did was send a professional to take care of it. What more does he expect.

Tell him to send pictures of the installation I did, he won't because he knows it is a professional installation and would make him sound stupid for calling me names.

Not everyone can be saved. Good luck with his installer that installed 8.5kw mismatched panels on 80a cc

12 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:01am On Jul 27, 2022
Can anyone check and see what's wrong in this installation picture?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:20am On Jul 27, 2022
Go for simba, their service center can cover you under period of warranty plus even after warranty. Not saying others won't just ensuring you get the good side of the deal.

TechGeek777:

Still waiting for response please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:23am On Jul 27, 2022
Most 1.5kva hybrid comes with PWM 3KW mostly are retrofitted with MPPT.

Best you do separate system if MPPT is your choice

ManAdii:
I need 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter with mppt. Do we have marketers here?
I reside in PH.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:36am On Jul 27, 2022
I have not known pylontech to have bell & whistle except for anyone that uses an incompatible inverter or controller with it.

It is mostly a install and forget situations so far.
durodee:

3) Lifespan: I am even presuming the same lifespan of 5years for both. However, If 5 years is my tolerance limit, I won't go for [b]Pylontech with it's bells and whistles. [/b]I will go for a local assembly with some warranty/guarantee cover for some few years. The balance I will pass on getting more Capacity BECAUSE the main KOKO BE SAY : how much energy can I make use of now!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:

Breakers are of different ratings and type.

2 is 16A AC breaker

3 is 10A AC breaker

and 4 is 63A DC breaker and the SPD is for AC circuit.

What's cooking?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Yes, the breakers are serving different purposes but something is bad in the picture.

Check again, you might spot it
mctfopt:

Breakers are of different ratings and type.

2 is 16A AC breaker

3 is 10A AC breaker

and 4 is 63A DC breaker and the SPD is for AC circuit.

What's cooking?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:
I have not known pylontech to have bell & whistle except for anyone that uses an incompatible inverter or controller with it.

It is mostly a install and forget situations so far.

U misunderstand the meaning of bell & whistles
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2022
Okay! Please make me understand.

earthrealm:

U misunderstand the meaning of bell & whistles
grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2022
AC and DC breakers in same DB.
olopan:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mexxy1(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:

I'm not an electrician or an engineer but, from my layman's perspective, I think the wiring/connection of the earth cable is wrong.

If I see correctly, the live and neutral of the 10A breaker seem to be connected to the earth wire of that surge protective device.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2022
SolnergyPower:
I appeal to both parties to please seize fire!

@ZeeStone99:
I seriously doubt if a client would come to a public forum like this to air his discontentment with a service if he isn't pained or incur losses or inefficiently served. Remember, at his first post, he didn't mention your name, so I think he never meant any harm to you nor your brand. He was expressing himself until you identified yourself and came to your defense.

Please NOTE, the issue here isn't about your technical competence, but a third party component which many variables can account for is the crux of the matter.

There's no installer who has done quite a number of roof works that hasn't damaged client's roof before, some times extensively. I've replaced asbestos roofing sheets for a client before.

So many of us still hold you in high esteem in the midst of all of this.

So, brother, simply APOLOGIZE to the client irrespective of how you feel and let this matter rest.

@FireTheSun:
Oga, abeg, no vex!

God bless us, all!

I am not denying there were leaks. Wen we had that issue way back, both parties came together to resolve this issue. This is as far back as 11 months. If he still has issues, cant he reach out to me and we discuss how to fix it as men. I don't run away from repairs. He didn't tell me anything until wen he made that post. Infact it was when he made that post I'm just knowing he has issues.

I will call him and send a roofer to access the damages.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:
Go for simba, their service center can cover you under period of warranty plus even after warranty. Not saying others won't just ensuring you get the good side of the deal.

Thanks I appreciate this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2022
@earthrealm,
@ZeeStone99,
@olopan,
@mctfopt,
@Kiekie1,
Others

Please which of these inverters should I go for, considering I want to be able to charge the battery with NEPA, Gen & Solar?

Luminous 1.5KVA/24v Solar Hybrid Inverter
ECOVOLT 1500VA/24V
Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V

Note: I need the one that will stand the test of time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:
Okay! Please make me understand.

It implies extra or premium features.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2022
olopan:

DC breaker polarity wasn't adhered to.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:32am On Jul 27, 2022
TechGeek777:
@earthrealm,
@ZeeStone99,
@olopan,
@mctfopt,
@Kiekie1,
Others

Please which of these inverters should I go for, considering I want to be able to charge the battery with NEPA, Gen & Solar?

Luminous 1.5KVA/24v Solar Hybrid Inverter
ECOVOLT 1500VA/24V
Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V

Note: I need the one that will stand the test of time.

Just install protective devices. Avr's and spd's

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (1666) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: saint2ace(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.