Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (1989912 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (1633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
isangjohnson:
Please, maximum of how many months can one mix old LA batteries with the new one?
I know the battery must come from the same manufacturer and must also be the same amps.

my brother,
it's not really advisable to mix old and new lead acid batteries but if you must
(either because of financial constraints or other reasons), it shouldn't be more than
six (6) months apart. and they must be of same spec, same brand (ideally) and try let
them be same year of manufacture.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thanks @ Ojeysky and GeorgeD1
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
isangjohnson:
Please, maximum of how many months can one mix old LA batteries with the new one?
I know the battery must come from the same manufacturer and must also be the same amps.

lemme tell u a story.
Back in 2017/2018, for a business place with 1hp inverter ac, 1.5hp sumo, 12 x 250watts panels.decent phcn >12hrs daily on the avg
i had a 4 units 12v x 200ah battery initially...about 8months later, i realized that i needed a bigeer battery bank, against the better advice of people, Niyi especially...i went ahead to add 4 more new batteries to it, installed a balancer and even changed the cables to be the same size and length, used a busbar, but within 1yr of doing this...my digital voltage ddisplay caught a battery failing, i quickly replaced it, and hoped for the best....but alas within 6months..2 more started showing signs of being weak...i yet again replaced them...but u wont believe that didnt solve the problem...to cut the story short, the business later folded, and out of the 8 batteries in the setup...only about 3 were in good health.

so my first advice is....dont do it.

but if you must do it, i suggest you get adigital display for the battery...and b4 hooking them up...first use a 12v charger and charge each battery full, then hook all of then in parallel and charge them again for minimum of 48hrs/leave them to balance out themselves in parallel.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
In the last few weeks the forum here has been a bit edgy with a lot of raw nerves and people all out for each others throats. I believe most of us here wish to hangout with people of like interests, some are hobbyist, some are professional installers , some are marketers with a lot of admixture in between. While I had sold used batteries to Keikie and bought used batteries from Ojeysky in the past, I will find it laughable if someone calls or views me other than an hobbyist.

Like in any public forum, if you request for advice then be prepared to receive a potpourri of advices. the onus is on the person to take what suits you. It is not by force to take any advice from anybody but I tend to really appreciate the vocal people in this forum ready always to respond to peoples questions and queries. Yes, YouTube is there and Google but thanks always for deeming it fit to take time out to respond to my questions even if you have something to sell!

I have a friend that I introduced to renewable energy. four years on, he is still very comfortable with his single 100amps 12volt battery with 2 150w panels and a cheap 20amp pwm CC. He linked his 2 DC fans, six 2w DC bulbs, CCTV, 2 Tvs and swore to me recently that his life has never been better. He has no wish whatsoever to increase anything in that setup. I respect his position and don't call him names. His setup cannot last 30 minutes for me and I sincerely cannot imagine living with that but we remain civil to each other.

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oldienavie: 3:20am On Aug 05, 2022
Hi everyone,
I need your sincere advise.
I am about to purchase a 50amp mppt charge controller.
I intend to use it with a 200ah battery.
I understand that the maximum charging current for a 200ah battery (Lead Acid) should not be more than 30amp.

Is there anything wrong with using an oversized mppt charge controller with a battery ?

I am buying an oversized mppt charge controller for 2 reasons .
1) It is at a huge discount.
2) I plan to expand my setup in future so rather than buy a small one now, I thought I could buy the big one and use it with my small battery pending when I plan to use a huge battery bank.

Does this make sense ?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:50am On Aug 05, 2022
oldienavie:
Hi everyone,
I need your sincere advise.
I am about to purchase a 50amp mppt charge controller.
I intend to use it with a 200ah battery.
I understand that the maximum charging current for a 200ah battery (Lead Acid) should not be more than 30amp.

Is there anything wrong with using an oversized mppt charge controller with a battery ?

I am buying an oversized mppt charge controller for 2 reasons .
1) It is at a huge discount.
2) I plan to expand my setup in future so rather than buy a small one now, I thought I could buy the big one and use it with my small battery pending when I plan to use a huge battery bank.

Does this make sense ?
Thanks.
There is nothing wrong with that decision, it is even better to give your equipments headroom so as not to overwork them

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oldienavie: 6:40am On Aug 05, 2022
Penuelseun:
There is nothing wrong with that decision, it is even better to give your equipments headroom so as not to overwork them
Thank you for your response, but what will the wattage of the solar panel be for this type of setup ?

If I was using a 30amp charge controller, I'd be using about 380watt panel for a 200ah battery.
But with a 50amp charge controller and 200ah battery, will the panel still be 380watt ?

If I use 600watt panel which is the maximum allowable input, will the mppt charger be able to limit the current going to the battery and if I use a 380watt panel with the 50amp charge controller, will it charge the battery at the same rate a 30amp cc will ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:54am On Aug 05, 2022
oldienavie:

Thank you for your response, but what will the wattage of the solar panel be for this type of setup ?

If I was using a 30amp charge controller, I'd be using about 380watt panel for a 200ah battery.
But with a 50amp charge controller and 200ah battery, will the panel still be 380watt ?

If I use 600watt panel which is the maximum allowable input, will the mppt charger be able to limit the current going to the battery and if I use a 380watt panel with the 50amp charge controller, will it charge the battery at the same rate a 30amp cc will ?

Get the max PV possible, your 600w panel won't always generate 600w.....you can then set your mppt controller to charge at 30A

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oldienavie: 6:56am On Aug 05, 2022
ojeysky:

Get the max PV possible, your 600w panel won't always generate 600w.....you can then set your mppt controller to charge at 30A
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monchazfarms: 8:03am On Aug 05, 2022
At Okija or Ogbunabali.
ManAdii:
Please where can I get DC breakers in PH?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2022
Between Index Nxt and Gacia sealed battery, which one is reliable?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:53am On Aug 05, 2022
PROMO SALES!!

Brand new 10kwh 48v Lithium battery available.

Fixed Price: 1.250m

Product Warranty: 5 years

Hurry while stock lasts.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2022
HURRY! JINKO SOLAR , LITHIUM BATTERY PACKAGE!!

Package A: 3.2m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680" hybrid inverter
Battery Cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries

Package B: 4.2m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries

Package C: 7.2m
Deye 8kw 48v "PV10040"
Battery cabinet x2
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package D: 7.5
Goodwe 10kw 3ph 102v "PV1300"
Battery cabinet
Combiner
High voltage control box
12.5kwhr lithium batteries

Package E: 4.2m
Deye 3.6kw 48v "PV4680"
Battery cabinet
7.2kwhr lithium batteries
3.8kw Solar panel

Package F: 5.2m
Deye 5kw 48v "PV6500"
Battery cabinet
9.6kwhr lithium batteries
4560kw Solar panel

5yr Standard warranty
Product datasheet available on request.

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2022
isangjohnson:

I once used Gacia and it served, the person I passed it to after replacing with LFP still uses it (though capacity has reduced). However I am told there are now fake Gacia in town.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:39am On Aug 05, 2022
[quote author=ojeysky

Thanks for the review sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2022
Please there's something I noticed.

Just of recent, my charge controller will be reading something like 13.2v

If I put on my laptop or plug phone, it will now drastically change to something like 10.2v

Later, it will start fluctuating between the two readings.

please what could be wrong.

I use this type of charger controller

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2022
dollarnaira:

I feel like calling u a name but it is already obvious...wat sort of person are u?

"Lying about?
"No b by force to reply"....
Chai see corporate insult o.

No worder some ppu dont reply to some questions posted here. Your type make others get unduly neglected.

No wahala o.
U try.

Well, I will pass... thanks

You and every other person that stated their experienced opinions on the debate did commendable justice to the issue. I am also wondering what the guy really wants to hear. Looks like it is him that has some motives. Just saying though

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2022
lovediehatelive:
Please there's something I noticed.

Just of recent, my charge controller will be reading something like 13.2v

If I put on my laptop or plug phone, it will now drastically change to something like 10.2v

Later, it will start fluctuating between the two readings.

please what could be wrong.

I use this type of charger controller

this type of controllers are ultra cheap and prone to issues...no be 8k dem dey sell am so?. grin

if you can rule out the CC being the problem, check your solar panel or battery connections, either the connection is loose or the solar panel or battery is going bad
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2022
isangjohnson:

Hello, why comparing two mismatched brands

You don't compare Index brand with Gacia as one outrightly superceeds the other okay. Compare Gacia with other Chinese models .

We're always available as last resort for purchase if interested in any.

Index 200a .. 195,000 unit price . 190k "8 units above" "1 year warranty"
Gacia 200a .... 130,000 "6 months warranty "
Ritar 200a ..... 193,000 "1 year warranty "
Ritar 150a ..... 165,000 "1 year warranty "

Contact,

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
odimbannamdi:

You and every other person that stated their experienced opinions on the debate did commendable justice to the issue. I am also wondering what the guy really wants to hear. Looks like it is him that has some motives. Just saying though

I tire bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tommynaku: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Anyone planning to buy some Lithium cells from Alibaba? Please try indicate so we can plan and collabo to reduce the shipping cost.

What’s the cost of shipping 1 CBM from Shenzhen to Nigeria?

And any link to a reputable/trusted Freight forwarding agent or company
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tommynaku:
Anyone planning to buy some Lithium cells from Alibaba? Please try indicate so we can plan and collabo to reduce the shipping cost.

I got my Cells (4 Replacement Cells) from the Alibaba Seller called Shenzen Dery New Energy Company.
I initially purchased 34 Units of 280Ah but four of them were damaged in transit, which is what the Seller, Selina Li, has just replaced.
The freight Forwarder she used this time around, did also not give us any issues as he responded promptly to our queries.

I am raising this here because l like to give Credit to those (Seller or Installer) who strive to do their chosen job, RESPONSIBLY and with INTEGRITY, for which a customer pays.

This Seller replaced the 4, 280Ah Cells, all the way from China, at "No Cost" to me (except the Dispatch delivery to my House) and to my surprise, even included a Letter of Apology and a beautiful, cuddly Souvenir Gift!
Just look at that! Imagine if all Sellers/Installers/Service providers exhibit this sort of attitude?

It shows Humility; it shows an intention to protect the Company's Name and Brand, at all cost; it shows Competence in their ability to deliver to the Clients expectation; it shows that the Seller Understands what is required to be done, to achieve Excellence, it shows the Seller Appreciates the Business of the Client, etc.

Now, tell me, why wont l recommend such Seller to anyone, putting my own integrity on the line?
Unlike one Service provider here who you give a job to and end-up causing damage that is worth twenty times in Cost, to the job you gave him!

The Replacement cells came well packaged and protected and they are top grade Cells.
Just so we know, this is a Chinese Seller on Alibaba, that l have never met (I read some negative comments about Chinese Sellers) while this incompetent and quack "Nigerian" installer is all over the thread showing his lack of integrity and competence.

Others who also had their purchase (in the Group Buy) delivered by the same Seller, will read this and attest to how their items were packaged.

I have attached pictures of mine, as proof.
If this Seller can go all out to replace a damaged product and apologize for it, then l am certain that your Money is in good hands, if you buy anything from Selina Li, Shenzen Dery New Energy Company

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tommynaku:

contact Selina Li of shenzhen deriy new energy. she can handle shipping from Shenzhen to lagos warehouse address. her price is very fair.

https://dery.m.en.alibaba.com

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
zeestone99:

I am not denying there were leaks. Wen we had that issue way back, both parties came together to resolve this issue. This is as far back as 11 months. If he still has issues, cant he reach out to me and we discuss how to fix it as men. I don't run away from repairs. He didn't tell me anything until wen he made that post. Infact it was when he made that post I'm just knowing he has issues.

I will call him and send a roofer to access the damages.

Thanks for your input.

You keep lying in Public and it shows you have zero Credibility.
You told me you are a University Graduate, so it will be wrong of me, to assume you to know the meaning and import of those words l highlighted in your Post.

1) The Damage you caused to my Roof, by your Quackery and Incompetence, is more than just Leaks!
Leaks can be plugged but the Damage is majorly CRUSHED ROOFING SHEETS, caused by your CARELESS and INEXPERIENCED walking around, on my Roof, with FOUR other men.

2) You said you RESOLVED the issue when l contact you about it, in September or so?.
The question is: How does asking a Roofer to plug about some of the 15 leakages in my Roof, RESOLVE the issue of Crushed, Damaged Roofing Sheets?
How does that "plugging of some Leaks" back them, amount to a COMPLETE RESOLUTION of the Damage you caused with your quackery?

3) My Roofing sheets are still crushed as l type this, leading to secondary problems.
The only lasting Solution/Resolution is to REPLACE the AFFECTED Roofing Sheets (about 75% of the Roof Area, in the three locations you installed Panels, on the Roof).
So, when you say you have "resolved" the issue, l would ask: Did you replace the CRUSHED Roofing Sheets?
The answer is "NO", so what is all the noise you are making online?

I have asked a Roofer to assess the damage and the Roofer that told me the best solution is to remove the damage Roofing Sheets and replace them with New Ones. He added that the more we keep climbing the Roof to plug leakages (which keeps re-occurring within those crushed areas), the more damage we will have and the more leakages we will get!
That is obvious and reasonable, to any reasonable person.

I dont need another Roofer to climb and walk on my Roof (and potentially damage it even more), for any, additional "assessment", at this moment except to Replace the damaged Roofing Sheets. There is enough "pictorial evidence" of the situation of the Roof, which l have already provided.

Since you have been sounding-off, l can refer you to the Company that produced my Roofing Sheets, in the Dopemu area of Lagos, you can pay them for the Roofing Sheets, while l take delivery of them and ask the Roofer to remove the damaged ones and replace them with the New ones or l can buy it while you credit my Account for the Cost.

You can even pay for the "Accessories and Workmanship" but stop coming here to mouth-off that you have resolved the problem.

As far as l am concerned, [color=#990000]you @Zeestone99 / Mazine Group was asked to install Panels on my Roof but in the process, you damaged my Roof, through your Incompetence and Quackery[/color] ... and the damages are still there, for all to see.

You have identified yourself here, so take your decisions here and let everyone see/read it here.
If you do well, we will commend you here and if you messed up, we will mention it here as well.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
FireTheSun:

I got my Cells (4 Replacement Cells) from the Alibaba Seller called Shenzen Dery New Energy Company.
I initially purchased 34 Units of 280Ah but four of them were damaged in transit, which is what the Seller, Selina Li, has just replaced.
The freight Forwarder she used this time around, did also not give us any issues as he responded promptly to our queries.

I am raising this here because l like to give Credit to those (Seller or Installer) who strive to do their chosen job, RESPONSIBLY and with INTEGRITY, for which a customer pays.

This Seller replaced the 4, 280Ah Cells, all the way from China, at "No Cost" to me (except the Dispatch delivery to my House) and to my surprise, even included a Letter of Apology and a beautiful, cuddly Souvenir Gift!
Just look at that! Imagine if all Sellers/Installers/Service providers exhibit this sort of attitude?

It shows Humility; it shows an intention to protect the Company's Name and Brand, at all cost; it shows Competence in their ability to deliver to the Clients expectation; it shows that the Seller Understands what is required to be done, to achieve Excellence, it shows the Seller Appreciates the Business of the Client, etc.

Now, tell me, why wont l recommend such Seller to anyone, putting my own integrity on the line?
Unlike one Service provider here who you give a job to and end-up causing damage that is worth twenty times in Cost, to the job you gave him!

The Replacement cells came well packaged and protected and they are top grade Cells.
Just so we know, this is a Chinese Seller on Alibaba, that l have never met (I read some negative comments about Chinese Sellers) while this incompetent and quack "Nigerian" installer is all over the thread showing his lack of integrity and competence.

Others who also had their purchase (in the Group Buy) delivered by the same Seller, will read this and attest to how their items were packaged.

I have attached pictures of mine, as proof.
If this Seller can go all out to replace a damaged product and apologize for it, then l am certain that your Money is in good hands, if you buy anything from Selina Li, Shenzen Dery New Energy Company

Wow.....thats beautiful of the seller.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tommynaku: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
Valto:
contact Selina Li of shenzhen deriy new energy. she can handle shipping from Shenzhen to lagos warehouse address. her price is very fair.

https://dery.m.en.alibaba.com

Thank you @valto I already have a reputable company from some many reviews that I want to buy from DOCAN
What I really need now is persons we can collabo with and reference to a good Shipping company

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tommynaku:

Thank you @valto I already have a reputable company from some many reviews that I want to buy from DOCAN
What I really need now is persons we can collabo with and reference to a good Shipping company
the company u bought from should be able arrange shipping for you, u mustnt buy one cbm. the selina that was reffered here can ship out even one cell to 1000 cells.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
FireTheSun:

You keep lying in Public and it shows you have zero Credibility.
You told me you are a University Graduate, so it will be wrong of me, to assume you to know the meaning and import of those words l highlighted in your Post.

1) The Damage you caused to my Roof, by your Quackery and Incompetence, is more than just Leaks!
Leaks can be plugged but the Damage is majorly CRUSHED ROOFING SHEETS, caused by your CARELESS and INEXPERIENCED walking around, on my Roof, with FOUR other men.

2) You said you RESOLVED the issue when l contact you about it, in September or so?.
The question is: How does asking a Roofer to plug about some of the 15 leakages in my Roof, RESOLVE the issue of Crushed, Damaged Roofing Sheets?
How does that "plugging of some Leaks" back them, amount to a COMPLETE RESOLUTION of the Damage you caused with your quackery?

3) My Roofing sheets are still crushed as l type this, leading to secondary problems.
The only lasting Solution/Resolution is to REPLACE the AFFECTED Roofing Sheets (about 75% of the Roof Area, in the three locations you installed Panels, on the Roof).
So, when you say you have "resolved" the issue, l would ask: Did you replace the CRUSHED Roofing Sheets?
The answer is "NO", so what is all the noise you are making online?

I have asked a Roofer to assess the damage and the Roofer that told me the best solution is to remove the damage Roofing Sheets and replace them with New Ones. He added that the more we keep climbing the Roof to plug leakages (which keeps re-occurring within those crushed areas), the more damage we will have and the more leakages we will get!
That is obvious and reasonable, to any reasonable person.

I dont need another Roofer to climb and walk on my Roof (and potentially damage it even more), for any, additional "assessment", at this moment except to Replace the damaged Roofing Sheets. There is enough "pictorial evidence" of the situation of the Roof, which l have already provided.

Since you have been sounding-off, l can refer you to the Company that produced my Roofing Sheets, in the Dopemu area of Lagos, you can pay them for the Roofing Sheets, while l take delivery of them and ask the Roofer to remove the damaged ones and replace them with the New ones or l can buy it while you credit my Account for the Cost.

You can even pay for the "Accessories and Workmanship" but stop coming here to mouth-off that you have resolved the problem.

As far as l am concerned, [color=#990000]you @Zeestone99 / Mazine Group was asked to install Panels on my Roof but in the process, you damaged my Roof, through your Incompetence and Quackery[/color] ... and the damages are still there, for all to see.

You have identified yourself here, so take your decisions here and let everyone see/read it here.
If you do well, we will commend you here and if you messed up, we will mention it here as well.

MY guy this topic don close now . I take God beg you to die this matter . Haba
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
monchazfarms:
At Okija or Ogbunabali.
Thanks a lot. I got them at okija today.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
Experts in the house, how do they size SPDs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
[quote author=earthrealm.

Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (1633) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hero2t, Abbeyb1ack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.