Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042357 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tommynaku: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
ManAdii:

Yes baby I'm interested. What's your WhatsApp number?
8:07;1.187:8;47 we already set up the group and waiting for one or two persons to complete
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
earthrealm:

Note all lead acid batteries must bow to the C/10 rule, though some premium models claim C/20.

What this means in simple terms is that you shudnt charge or discharge at above 10% of battery capacity.so your 150ah bank .this is 15amps max, you could have even get away with C/15 to C/20 if its not done too often.

Charging leadacid battery above their specification causes them to heat up and the
internal lead plates buckle & deteriorate.

4 x 300 watts is ok, as due to inefficiencies and other reasons..you would likely be getting about 600watts to 900 watts on the average. You may set your cc to cap current @ 40amps..if it has that functionality....
The slight drawback would be some energy might be wasting on super sunny days when you are running heavy loads and your panel may want to push 50amps to the for the load and battery charging to share...

You dont need an external charger, your inverter charging shud be adequate.

What you need more is a means to manually send 15.5volts or 31v since urs is 24v bank to the battery pack every month for 4 to 6hrs for a process called equalization&desulphation.....what this does in essence is to boil the flooded battery so the electrolyte mixes thoroughly and deposites on the lead plates inside the battery are dissollved/knocked off.

Note: only flooded battery need this periodic boiling

Q1: Since I will be using (2) * 150ah, on C10 tubular capacity at 24v setup, which of the below example LOAD should I follow per hour?

Formular used:
Battery Amp / C Rating * No of Battery * Volt

Example 1:
150ah / 10c * 2batteries * 12v = 360W

Example 2:
150ah / 10c * 2batteries * 24v = 720W

Please which of the load per hour should I use at Max?

Q2: Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V has max (18amp), will this be sufficient to charge (2) * 150ah @ 50% DOD?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 12:06am On Aug 09, 2022
Just let the thread be . Till years to come I will still use Zeestone.

FireTheSun:

I know you are not interested, that is very obvious. Fair enough, that is your right afteral, l did not post the Topic on your head. grin grin

And if l dont "die the topic here", what in God's name do you think you will do, apart from just minding your Business and doing Waka-pass, anytime you see it?

I am just curious because l think such empty threats, are just meaningless
. undecided

SMH. If l were you, l wont cry more than the bereaved.

BTW: let me repeat the topic here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2022
TechGeek777:

Q1: Since I will be using (2) * 150ah, on C10 tubular capacity at 24v setup, which of the below example LOAD should I follow per hour?

Formular used:

Example 1:

Example 2:
150ah / 10c * 2batteries * 22v = 720W

Q2: Luminous Optimus 1600VA/24V has max (18amp), will this be sufficient to charge (2) * 150ah @ 50% DOD?

Please I need answer to this oh, na abeg I dey
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:42am On Aug 09, 2022
TechGeek777:

Formular used:

Example 1:

Example 2:

1. Try not to load your setup above 24v x 15amps, thats about 400watts, after sundown or when you phcn isnt on. However you can get away with not following this religiously if you go above this recommendation by upto 20 to 40%....as long as you do it intermittently and not too frequently. Eg you can use a 600w pressing iron to iron ur clothes since the heating element goes off and on.

2. The batteries are in series, so the c/10 cuts across the 2.
18amps is just a lil above c/10, so you are good.
If the batteries were in parallel for a 12v setup, then you would be needing above 30amps to keep the batteries happy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2022
ManAdii:

Thanks a lot. I got them at okija today.

How much and what brand?
When I went there they kept showing me AC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

How much and what brand?
When I went there they kept showing me AC
Schneider electric. I got them for 4000 each for DC 2P and 2500 for AC 2P, 1500 for AC 2P.

I saw another product CHNT which quoted for 6000 for 2P DC and 3000 for 2P AC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2022
ManAdii:

Schneider electric. I got them for 4000 each for DC 2P and 2500 for AC 2P, 1500 for AC 2P.

I saw another product CHNT which quoted for 6000 for 2P DC and 3000 for 2P AC.

Thanks! Do you have a contact or the shop? Would go back this weekend
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Oshomo12:

This may be a bit complicated, but let me list some, not in order of performance.
Trina, Jinko, Ja, Risen, Canadian, Lg, Yingli etc

Complicated: you may be offered the above, but are they original? You must get someone that will offer you the original brands o, AT A COST. They do not come cheap.
Any solar panel you see or hear about, just search for its presence online, they should have a site(not jiji, nairaland, or any other selling sites) that will tell you about their products.

SO MANY USELESS SOLAR PANELS ARE HERE NOW! They advertise them on this thread also, many of them. Be very careful fa.

Thanks bro, I saw 340W Jinko at 68,000 from this site
https://www.solarkobo.com/product-page/jinko-solar-340w-monocrystalline-panel

Also, I saw 4 X 24V/300 Watts Monocrystalline Solar Panels - 1200 Watts at 269,500 from Konga

Which do you think is original?
What's the price range for Jinko and Canadian Panels respectively?
What's your take on Flame & Felicity Panels?

Please am trying to get the best at a moderate price!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2022
earthrealm:

1. Try not to load your setup above 24v x 15amps, thats about 400watts, after sundown or when you phcn isnt on. However you can get away with not following this religiously if you go above this recommendation by upto 20 to 40%....as long as you do it intermittently and not too frequently. Eg you can use a 600w pressing iron to iron ur clothes since the heating element goes off and on.

2. The batteries are in series, so the c/10 cuts across the 2.
18amps is just a lil above c/10, so you are good.
If the batteries were in parallel for a 12v setup, then you would be needing above 30amps to keep the batteries happy.

Thanks for this reply, it's informative and I really do appreciate it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks bro, I saw 340W Jinko at 68,000 from this site
https://www.solarkobo.com/product-page/jinko-solar-340w-monocrystalline-panel

Also, I saw 4 X 24V/300 Watts Monocrystalline Solar Panels - 1200 Watts at 269,500 from [/b] Konga

Which do you think is original?
What's the price range for Jinko and Canadian Panels respectively?
What's your take on Flame & Felicity Panels?

Please am trying to get the best at a moderate price!
beware of fake capacity cheap panels, also 90% of panels with Canadian solar stickers are fake! u can't get original jinko 340w at such price.
real capacity high quality panels are not cheap or moderate in price!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2022
Valto:
beware of fake capacity cheap panels, 90% of panels with Canadian solar stickers are fake! u can't get original jinko 340w are such price.
How can we get the original ones and what are their price ranges?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
EPOMA:
Just let the thread be . Till years to come I will still use Zeestone.

Has anyone, including myself, ever asked you not to use @Zeestone999/Mazine group, that incompetent quack that damaged my Roof, just to install Panels on it?
How is that anyone's problem?
shocked shocked

I thought you had something more tangible to SAY or DO, when you were issuing threats. grin grin

Abeg, swerve jare, l dont have your time.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2022
Valto:
beware of fake capacity cheap panels, 90% of panels with Canadian solar stickers are fake! u can't get original jinko 340w are such price.

Lol jinko for 68k grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
Available now

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parrallel- 410k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc  parallel- 310k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc  non parallel - 295k

Sunmart 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 310k(out of stock)

Sunmart 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 260k( out of stock)

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 130k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 225k

Must 100a mppt solar charge controller - 130k (out of stock)

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 110k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 220k

Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter - (out of stock )

1.7kva smarten inverter PSW - 90k

Avr/current limiter 60a - 8k
3 in 1 avr/current limiter with kwh display - 15k
DC SPD 600v - 9k
Watt meter - 8k
Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 8k
Programmable timer 25a - 9k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 8k
Dc breaker double pole 125a - 9k
Ha02 battery balancer - 35k
30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 20k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a - 20k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a - 23k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 125a - 25k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 70k
Fangpusun 50amps mppt controller - 75k
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k (out of stock)
60amps powermr mppt - 68k
Quanta 200ah original - 195k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Valto:
beware of fake capacity cheap panels, also 90% of panels with Canadian solar stickers are fake! u can't get original jinko 340w at such price.

Comments like this, made me spend so much time researching before buying my initial batteries and inverters

The research paid off, I was able to get the batteries and inverters at a wholesale rate!

So please do your research, you might even save money by doing so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
It may be easier and less error prone to do this calculations at the single battery level.

So each 12v 150Ah battery holds about 1,800Wh and the max discharge at C10 is 180w per battery while at C20 is 90w per battery.

I do not believe any of these basic lead acid batteries can indeed sustain C10 discharge and maintain the cycle life so you are better off with;

A conservative C20 discharge of max 180w-200w for your two batteries to give them a chance to live very long or an aggressive C10 discharge of 360w-400w for the two batteries if you don't care too much to max out the life.

If you incorporate solar and your system properly sized, you may have headroom to run larger loads during the day directly off solar without depleting the battery.

TechGeek777:

Formular used:

Example 1:

Example 2:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
It may be easier and less error prone to do this calculations at the single battery level.

So each 12v 150Ah battery holds about 1,800Wh and the max discharge at C10 is 180w per battery while at C20 is 90w per battery.

I do not believe any of these basic lead acid batteries can indeed sustain C10 discharge and maintain the cycle life so you are better off with;

A conservative C20 discharge of max 180w-200w for your two batteries to give them a chance to live very long or an aggressive C10 discharge of 360w-400w for the two batteries if you don't care too much to max out the life.

If you incorporate solar and your system properly sized, you may have headroom to run larger loads during the day directly off solar without depleting the battery.

So basically, how does one run all the loads or larger loads directly off solar when they say you need a battery bank to provide reference voltage?

Secondly, you raised the issue of properly sizing the system, that means using an MPPT not a PWM right? Can you provide additional pointers if the point I just raised is moot.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
The battery bank terminals or DC busbars are a collection/distribution point for DC electricity.

In a DC coupled system, energy from your solar panels first makes it to the battery terminals or busbars - from here the inverter and connected loads take what they need and the balance of energy is what goes into the battery for charging.

When there is enough solar energy being generated, additional consumers/house loads can be serviced subject to your inverter's load capacity and still leave enough juice to charge your batteries. You can do a manual or timer or SoC activated driver for this opportunistic consumption. This is one of many key reasons to oversize your PV vs average house loads.

MPPT vs PWM - MPPTs are generally better and give more yield than PWM - they are also easy to install so that an averagely competent installer can install them properly with little trouble - you will have seen from the thread history that installer skill/competence varies very widely with really good installers being the exception vs the norm. It will take a really good installer to make PWM perform like MPPT and it will become increasingly difficult and uneconomical as the system size increases.

So go for MPPT over PWM unless you absolutely cannot afford a decent MPPT.

FEGEITOK:

So basically, how does one run all the loads or larger loads directly off solar when they say you need a battery bank to provide reference voltage?

Secondly, you raised the issue of properly sizing the system, that means using an MPPT not a PWM right? Can you provide additional pointers if the point I just raised is moot.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oldienavie: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hello everyone, can someone suggest a sure link to get coupled lifep04 battery bank 12v 200ah at a reasonable cost .
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Techfine mppt

Are you getting upto the 60A front the CC? Or does it also max out at 50A?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hi House,

Does anyone know where I can find a fuse holder like the one in the attached picture? also a 140A 48V fuse too.

BR

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
The 60 is sharp
Ferdiwar:

Are you getting upto the 60A front the CC? Or does it also max out at 50A?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:19am On Aug 10, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Comments like this, made me spend so much time researching before buying my initial batteries and inverters

The research paid off, I was able to get the batteries and inverters at a wholesale rate!

So please do your research, you might even save money by doing so!

Please where did you get both at wholesale price?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:08am On Aug 10, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Thanks it's noted, I will abide by the rules. I appreciate you and earthrealm for the massive enlightenment.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:34am On Aug 10, 2022
ceaser:

From my own experience with use of LFP, I have not been able to successfully wake up any pack that the BMS has shut down due to deep discharge. Once the battery shuts off, the MPPT CC input is somewhat compromised. Using a CC requires an initial input of the correct voltage from the battery so that it initializes to a default 12v, 24v or 48v battery input. Then every other thing including the ability to charge falls into place.

Once the battery input is compromised, it tends to shut off charging output by limiting the current from the panels. That's for CCs that have that kind of battery disconnect protection. At least I know that for PowMr.... those array when it is pumping out on sunny days.

HOLUP FAM! shocked does this imply that for normal MPPT cc with adjustable float and absorb voltage, and is used to charge a lithium battery pack, if this sh!t happens say at night, by morning that cc may be toast as soon as the cc gets input with no discernible output right? correct me if I'm wrong pls.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2022
ceaser:

I think it should go for dirt cheap considering the present condition of the batteries. If that is the case, please seize that golden opportunity. Check the status of like one or two of the packs to have a general idea of what condition the other packs will likely be in.

And I wont mind doing a hanger on on the sweet deal grin, so please remember me in your kingdom.

ojesymsym remember me too biko. kiss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2022
Thank you for the feedback
I was actually planning on getting the 60A EAsun CC as it is said to be a better CC than the Powmr from the reviews I've seen but I will go for the Techfine instead.

Jefferyzz:
The 60 is sharp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2022
Polaris1:

I use "normal" pwm cc without problems.
From my experience, Your battery is toast.

I pray it's not my battery o.

See the type of battery I'm using sha .

Just for laptop and charging phones

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2022
10kwh felicity lithium battery available, #1,300,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2022
3kva and 5kva MUST hybrid inverter available.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2022
1000w 12v souer inverter and charger available, #25,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m), genius43(m), Baker77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.