Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2042453 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (1678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
idsolar:
Fairly used Sukam Inverter 3.5kva 48v for sale. Call/Wasap 08033735359 if interested

***Still available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
The fewer the cells in series, the better the voltage stability and the lower the risk/odds of deviations.

ojeysky:

Very good cell balance, 40a pull voltage smiling at 13.2v cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
ojesymsym:
Oh the picture you shared looked like induction cookers. Thought it was.

With a magnet, you can determine a pot that will be suitable for induction cooker.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
ojeysky:
A pack of 8 brand new 230ah Eve cells still available @80k each. Reachout if interested... Make a 24k pack or 2 units of 12v packs.

If you need 4 units reachout I have someone else that needs 4 units as well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rajo4real(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
Pls i have a question...

can i parallel 2 different lithium battery chemistries

I have an existing lithiun ion 24V, 150AH (with 7S lithium ion BMS), can i parallel with another 24V, 200AH LiFePO4 (with 8S LiFePO4 BMS)

cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
The fewer the cells in series, the better the voltage stability and the lower the risk/odds of deviations.

Yes even if it's 16s once you get it right it remains balanced....just like if with 4s. If you get it wrong the delta will be evident.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
rajo4real:
Pls i have a question...

can i parallel 2 different lithium battery chemistries

I have an existing lithiun ion 24V, 150AH (with 7S lithium ion BMS), can i parallel with another 24V, 200AH LiFePO4 (with 8S LiFePO4 BMS)

cool
I don't think that is a good idea as their voltage curves are different.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks for the info. Yours is even 520W.Can you please provide the fridge rated Voltage and rated Current?

Mine is 220 - 240v, 0.9A & Maximum Wattage of Lamp 2W as attached here.
the running wattage of my fridge is around 150w while the surge is 520w which is almost X4 of the running wattage.
According to the picture you posted, the running wattage of your fridge should be around 195w with the surge going up to around 800w which any decent 1.2kva inverter should chest comfortably. That is the reason I suggested the Tbb as I am sure it will serve you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
TechGeek777:

Nice project management bro. Which inverter brand and CC are you using?

Also, which product of panel are you using and how many watts each?

Lastly, how many little is the fridge and the capacity like Amps and Volts.

Kindly help with these info as I am contemplating Oga Niyi suggestions on 12v system to have peace of mind. But my issue here is this useless Hisense 204L that did not specifically state the starting watt.

You can get a Watts meter to know the consumption of your 204L
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Continuing with the 12v Battery system and in the spirit of the recent discourse on the advantages of LifeP04, see some simple videos below that can help beginners with simple requirements to really enjoy a 12v battery system to power their basic appliances at a budget price.

1. 12v Battery Pack by Wiil Prowse

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFLuKjvUQw [/url]

https://youtu.be/i4oJYhGKw1s

2. 12v Battery Pack by High Tech Lab

https://youtu.be/TSRHDJhoQj0

3. 12v Battery Pack by Lithium Solar

https://youtu.be/3889lj2whLA

I hope these educational videos will help any budding new entrants into solar via team lithium.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
This new kid in the block called 12Vsystem, that you guys are now praising to high heavens, I hope people realize that the cable size requirement is higher than for systems with higher voltages?
For me, with LA, I prefer 24V, mostly because 2 batteries are cheaper to replace than 4 batteries for a simple system, but now that lithium uses KWh, perhaps 48V may begin to sound a little more appealing

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
ojesymsym:
This new kid in the block called 12Vsystem, that you guys are now praising to high heavens, I hope people realize that the cable size requirement is higher than for systems with higher voltages?
For me, with LA, I prefer 24V, mostly because 2 batteries are cheaper to replace than 4 batteries for a simple system, but now that lithium uses KWh, perhaps 48V may begin to sound a little more appealing

If you have a load below 500w going 12v makes more economic sense...by the way kWh is not unique to lithium it's a unit that is applicable to power measurement

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Baba, I know the meaning of KWh na.
Did you mean beyond or below?
ojeysky:

If you have a load beyond 500w going 12v makes more economic sense...by the way kWh is not unique to lithium it's a unit that is applicable to power measurement
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:56am On Aug 27, 2022
Penuelseun:
the running wattage of my fridge is around 150w while the surge is 520w which is almost X4 of the running wattage.
According to the picture you posted, the running wattage of your fridge should be around 195w with the surge going up to around 800w which any decent 1.2kva inverter should chest comfortably. That is the reason I suggested the Tbb as I am sure it will serve you.

It is noted, thanks.

Does this inverter make noise when it's been used?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:58am On Aug 27, 2022
zeestone99:

You can get a Watts meter to know the consumption of your 204L

Okay bro, will add that later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2022
TechGeek777:

It is noted, thanks.

Does this inverter make noise when it's been used?
not at all, very quiet and efficient
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:23am On Aug 27, 2022
ojesymsym:
Baba, I know the meaning of KWh na.
Did you mean beyond or below?

Yeah I meant beyond, just missed a word... "Makes NO economic......" but below also works. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:41am On Aug 27, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
so the only way to achieve good results is dedicate a 12v charger to each 12v battery string and let them do a thorough battery charge - whether you are equalizing flooded battery or 'controlled overcharging' GEL or AGM, this is the way to go - battery maintenance is best done at the single battery level and not in series.

The question then comes what to do with 2v and 6v standalone batteries. I have left that to the more vibrant new generation of enthusiasts to figure out grin grin grin

Thanks for your contribution as always. I need some clarification.
I believe generally, charging each battery in it's isolated state with a 12V charger is normal but based on your experience and what you've practically done, do you attach the 12V charger to each battery's terminal without disconnecting them from the string?

Also, do you switch off solar charging for them while doing so or the solar charging continues while the individual chargers also charge the batteries while being powered from the grid or Gen?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Felicity have a decent 1.5Kva 12v and 2.5Kva 12v inverter.

Do you have any personal experience with these new felicity inverters especially the non hybrid types?
I've been longing to know their idle draw because I'm not sure if the transformer is iron core or toroidal (I saw a picture of it but wasn't sufficient to know).

Anyone has a personal experience should also share, thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2022
Penuelseun:
Let me advise you based on my setup which consists of a 12v 1.2kva inverter, 120ah lifepo4 battery with 120a BMS, 600w panels connected to a 60a pwm CC. It powers my electronics which are a 43" led tv, a LG home theater system, a DC ceiling fan, charges laptops and phones with about 4 10w AC bulbs. I put on my fridge occasionally during periods of good sunlight.
So far so good, I have electricity 24/7
Can I get ur contact for some info?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2022
dbshaywhy:

Can I get ur contact for some info?
my contact is on my profile

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
Professional... What do you see to this:
2 - 200w solar panels
40 amps cc(PMW)
850Va nexus inverter.
This is the materials I currently have with tow dead 100ah battery... Now I really wish to upgrade to lithium battery....advise needed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ab221(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
Met a man in the nysc camp teaching corp members how to diy inverter. Was impressed that its actually working. Even though we do get light for at least 20 hra a day he gave it to me cos he saw that i was impressed.
24v inverter. I'll get a almost dead battery and solar panels to try.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
ab221:
Met a man in the nysc camp teaching corp members how to diy inverter. Was impressed that its actually working. Even though we do get light for at least 20 hra a day he gave it to me cos he saw that i was impressed.
24v inverter. I'll get a almost dead battery and solar panels to try.

Avoid:
Fan (coil)
Certain tv esp smart
Fluorescent bulbs

Use with:
Rechargeable fan
Normal tv
Bulbs
Charging..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ab221(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
dollarnaira:

Avoid:
Fan (coil)
Certain tv esp smart
Fluorescent bulbs

Use with:
Rechargeable fan
Normal tv
Bulbs
Charging..
Thanks for the tip sir!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sayso: 3:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Please guys I need a simple quote for 1000 watts solar panel with inverter. A complete equipment with price and makes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Will devote time to this over the weekend

Still on standby chief
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2022
toyeoye:

Still on standby chief

A business emergency has spilled over into the weekend, but I will get in touch with you today. Please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack)
= 6000

Distilled water 25 Litres = 7000 (Selling free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = 1500 (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)*

Hydrometer = N4000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = 10,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon)...

Test Analysis summary:
- TDS = 0-45 ppm
- PH = 7.0

APPLICATIONS:
Chisco distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Cosmetics
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Laboratory

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2022
Hello, so I wanna join the solar community,

I need to power a fridge (just to make it chill and put it off) and most importantly a washing machine, pumping machine the rest are just led bulbs and rechargable fan.
Not like all would be in use at once.

So I have eyes on a 24v 5kw felicity lithium battery.
I want to know if that's is enough and how many solar panels I will need, the type of charge controller I need and the inverter needed to make this happen.

I would he happy if someone can give me a quote for this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ManAdii: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
Anything @Penuelseun tells you about TBB inverter believe him. I'm using the 1.2kva 24v. That inverter is dope. Na money remain make I add solar panels to my set up.
Even with my China battery I dy enjoy light 24/7 as I do charge with Nepa.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
FEGEITOK:

A business emergency has spilled over into the weekend, but I will get in touch with you today. Please.

No problem, thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (1678) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: jonescosmos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.